• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Xigger

Smash Lord
My current theory is that to extend the illusion of Bossley, they made him land on the platform and jump, to make him look like he can fly forever.
Nah, he was definitely flying. We saw him for a good 5 seconds at least, that's no jump.

@ OblivionWolf OblivionWolf , my problem with that is that Pikachu also has no shadow, which means the shadows of the platforms may be irrelevant... but that calls for more discussion, I believe.

If only there was, I dunno, a Ridley thread that held all of the Ridley discussion AND was meant to be read... but instead, everybody race to page 666.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
My current theory is that to extend the illusion of Bossley, they made him land on the platform and jump, to make him look like he can fly forever.
frankly i think is more reasonable to think that ridley was in debug and thats why he would fly forever than the platform theory...

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
I actually think this too. He most likely glided off the top right platform then hovered over to the top left platform and then he jumped off of it.

Pyrosphere

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb.../14/WiiU_SuperSmashBros_Stage05_Screen_01.jpg

Ridley jumping off platform (Atleast so I believe)

http://smashboards.com/attachments/roidley_takeoff_shorted-gif.12399/

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
There is just so much that gives it away he is playable to me.

When we are playing on Pyrosphere this is the view we will be seeing the game.

But here is what we get. The zoom and dem camera angles.....

Not only that but when you fight the Yellow Devil the platforms go away and im sure that happens with all bosses to avoid alot of ugly clipping and easily getting around the boss.....These angles are not only for hiding Ridley but there obviously hiding the platforms that I honestly believe are still there....

EDIT: Also notice the shadow of the platform under Zamus then look at the Ridley shadow pic again.....Its put PERFECTLY in an angle so we can't see that shadow of the platform.....Omg this is so freakin staged...
So you're saying that Sakurai staged the stage? :smirk:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Meta-ridley discussion is a phallacy!
"Meta" Ridley discussion revolves around discussing whats beyond Ridley
we all know that due its magnitude (lol) there is nothing beyond Ridley...

...only more Ridley.
:awesome:
Despite what Omega means though, I refuse to think of that incarnation as the end-all-be-all for Ridley (but still a cool form nonetheless).

Omega Ridley's boss music. I had to change my pants after how amazing that music and boss fight were.
The fight is good, but the music took me longer to get used to liking compared to your typical Ridley theme. Sadly there's some remixes of Omega's theme that I like better than the original, which leaves Rundas's theme being the only music in Prime 3 that really left an impact on me.

Japan gets the best box art...
When it comes to Prime 3, yeah, but for Super Metroid... Nostalgia partly makes me like the American cover of it more, against my better judgment.

You gotta realize the West is where the money is at. Sakurai should be kissing up to us.

If he was only gonna add one Western loved character it should be Ridley over Little Mac for a number of reasons. Heck Japan hated Little Mac and I know they would prefer Ridley too.
Much as I support Ridley, that kind of stance is a little too arrogant/conceited, and do not entertain the notion of anyone thinking that way.

p.s. I thought about mentioning an obvious idea for a Ridley pic on page 666, but figured religion probably shouldn't be brought up despite what "666" represents, so...

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
You could always just make your Lucifer related post now, I am sure the others would understand. Ridley is the perfect character for 666 though, so I can see why everyone is excited.
I don't have one though. :c I was planning on writing a story for the occasion, but I couldn't get the motivation to do it in time.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I don't have one though. :c I was planning on writing a story for the occasion, but I couldn't get the motivation to do it in time.
:( Oh, come on! It doesn't matter if you don't get to post it on the 666 page! Can you do it anyway?

42A571_0D6FF011C7E58_001.gif

"Please?"

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, while the great moment arrives, I'll just intensify my drawing a little bit more.

THIS IS GONNA BE QUITE GRUESOME...
...I'm starting to get a little nervous about the 666th page. I'm not terribly fond of blood and gore.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Nah, he was definitely flying. We saw him for a good 5 seconds at least, that's no jump.

@ OblivionWolf OblivionWolf , my problem with that is that Pikachu also has no shadow, which means the shadows of the platforms may be irrelevant... but that calls for more discussion, I believe.

If only there was, I dunno, a Ridley thread that held all of the Ridley discussion AND was meant to be read... but instead, everybody race to page 666.
Accually it was part of my research, on that classic gif picture where we can stop at certain frames, stop at the right one you will see pikachus shadow while pikachu is on the ground.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Nah, there's really nothing to be afraid of.

Unless you're not fond with the Zalgo effect either...
What is that??

EDIT: NEVER MIND, i looked for it.....holy f*ck...I'm not going to sleep now

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
:( Oh, come on! It doesn't matter if you don't get to post it on the 666 page! Can you do it anyway?

View attachment 14229
"Please?"
I will get to it at some point. In fact the concept isn't really "666" material anyway, but it will involve Ridley actually doing stuff that pertains to his reputation unlike how I've been writing him so far, aka restrained and relatively harmless. Though there was that one depressing bit...

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
What is that??
When something gets utterly messed up in a rather bizarre fashion.

L̢͎͔̗̪͖ͥ̆̅ͪͤ̚I̐̅̅͏̶̴̞̻Ǩ̸̪̤͔͉͕̖͖ͫ͛̃ͦ̉̋ͫ͠E̩͎̘̙ͮ̒̌ ̢̩̹̫̗̄̐ͭͅŢ͎ͨ̀̈̀͂ͮ̿͛H̸̲̙̭́͊ͧ̈́̏ͮ͘Ī̶̬̠̪͖̮̘̍̅̔S̵̮̟̦̓̈͜!̱͓̩ͤͯͭ̈ͬͪͪ͋̈

D

Deleted member

Nah, there's really nothing to be afraid of.

Unless you're not fond with the Zalgo effect either...
Y̲̪̮̏͘ȯ̭̉̽ͤͥ͟uͭ͐̀́̿̔͌̔͛͡͏̭̯̬̭̯͚ ̸̫͍͈̖͈ͧ͗͐̔ͭͨr̛̺̤̦̝̎͆ͮ̋̓ͮa̼̘̺̥͗̃ͅn̴̸͔͇̆ͫͣ̍̎͢g̛̛̳͉͇̙̙͉̫͋̇̊̄̆̔̿ͬ?̴͖̞͓̤̞̩̂

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm scared to know what's gonna happen on the 666th page
Have you ever seen Cookie Clicker? Well it'll be just like that. Except with no clicking required. And instead of cookies and elderly women, it will be metroids and Ridleys.

Basically what is about to happen.

Dragomire

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GoodGuyCrocomire
Warning Received
Not Ridley-related, but here's the shiny Raticate I got from a trade that I put in the GTS.
IMG0000.jpg

:troll:

Last edited:
Top Bottom