• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
All this speculation regarding Ridley has led me to think that there should be new mini-game called "Where's Ridley?"

"Try to find where Rid--Err, the enemy from Samus's past is in all the different stages of the game! Be warned: it may take months, or even a year to locate this elusive demon."

Serpdrako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Imperfect_Scars
3DS FC
3136-6642-7063
Yet another picture of the Pyrosphere and Ridley is nowhere to be seen. :samus: Samus is pleased.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
On another flipside, I would also like to see a flight comparison. Might as well make something new instead of waiting for daily pictures.
Okay that's our new mission! Make a gif of Charizard flying and a gif of Shadow Ridley flying. Put 'em side-by-side. Who's up for it?

Last edited:

Xigger

Smash Lord
Okay that's our new mission! Make a gif of Charizard flying and a gif of Shadow Ridley flying. Put 'em side-by-side. Who's up for it?
Heck, I'd do it if I knew anything about spacial relations, but I used up my time-on-things-I-don't-know-about.

Spoilers: Mega Charizard's wingspan doesn't seem that large. It's actually shorter than normal Charizard, but held out straight ratehr than curved, so it's about the same. Charizard Y is much larger, but alas...

Malle

Smash Apprentice
I dont think there is a much point of discussing the shadow any further. I think we've gotten all the information we can.
However, something else came to my mind last night.

Pyrosphere, is a Wii U exclusive stage. And the characters will be the same in the two versions, Sakurai couldn't possibly hype a major hazard like Ridley and then only put him in either of the consoles.
Which concludes me, just by that thought, that an iconic and major "boss" like Ridley to be a Playable character.

Hentai_Kittie

Smash Cadet
They both have exclusive stages.... whats to stop them from having exclusive bosses?....

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
The Dark Lord is an exclusive boss for the 3DS version. Speaking of which, Dark Lord and Yellow Devil are the only boss characters that have been totally confirmed to us.

Last edited:

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
The pic of the day does not bode well for Ridley at all. My guess is that he's going to burst through the hole in the wall.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Well, the long awaited "trauma" has arrived, everyone. Today's pic shows all!
Samus and Zero-Suit Samus facing off against and old enemy on Pyrosphere:

PONG!
If I had to face those threatening, vicious and bloodthirsty looking blocks and numbers, I'd go into a state of trauma too. How horrifying.

I think I saw Ridley in today's daily pic

Look at the full pic and it's a bit easier to see
That shape is part of the broken background structure, and the glowing thing is a lava ember thing rising up from below. Here's a clearer shot of the Pyrosphere:

Last edited:

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
The pic of the day does not bode well for Ridley at all. My guess is that he's going to burst through the hole in the wall.
I think I saw Ridley in today's daily pic

Look at the full pic and it's a bit easier to see
What are you people even talking about? C'mon now your looking at the broken bridge at a angle making it look like a hole.....

:rolleyes:

Its even in the FD Pyrosphere.....

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I honestly don't care, I will find out soon enough. I prefer to be left in the dark to experience the enjoyment of discovery on my own. The most notable Smash Brothers memory for me would have to be my confusion and disdain at Ganondorf's silhouette. I thought it was ANOTHER anime swordsmen (after just unlocking Marth and Roy). However, I was beyond pleasantly surprised to find my favorite Nintendo character of all time staring back at me. So excited that I was jittery and lost, so I didn't even unlock him on my first try. Haha.
I cant imagine how special that must have felt.......RealTalk

Malle

Smash Apprentice
They both have exclusive stages.... whats to stop them from having exclusive bosses?....
You're right about that, but then again I don't think a major iconic character like Ridley could ever be excluded from the DS version.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Everytime someone comes in here and says "Stage bosses are a completely new concept and Sakurai wants us to be excited about boss Ridley!"

I seriously wanna punch these people in the face.
*hides*
Thats why i said i wanted to stab myself after i said it only said it because its a possible outcome...........

i think the best thing we can do now is discuss all the E3 options. 4 options
(#4 being the most tedious because we would be back at Square 1....)
please tell me what you think it means for each outcome.

1. Pyrosphere is playable and Roidley appears as a boss.

2. Pyrosphere is playable but Ridley/Roidley is not there as a hazard.

3. Pyrosphere is not one of the playable stages at Best buy or the Tourney.

4. Pyrosphere is playable in the tourney but rules have been set to For Glory mode for the tourney.....
(-_-)

*5* Ridley is announced playable (this is what we want so no neeed to discuss this)

Last edited:

Shalashaska

Banned via Warnings
I had a dream last night that Ridley (Super Metroid/Brawl version) was officially confirmed to be the boss of The Pyrosphere. Thinking back on it now, one of the worst parts was that he wasn't ridiculously huge. He looked like he could be a playable character. I even thought you might be able to unlock him.

Thankfully, it was just a dream.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
*hides*
Thats why i said i wanted to stab myself after i said it only said it because its a possible outcome...........

i think the best thing we can do now is discuss all the E3 options. 4 options
(#4 being the most tedious because we would be back at Square 1....)
please tell me what you think it means for each outcome.

1. Pyrosphere is playable and Roidley appears as a boss.

2. Pyrosphere is playable but Ridley/Roidley is not there as a hazard.

3. Pyrosphere is not one of the playable stages at Best buy or the Tourney.

4. Pyrosphere is playable in the tourney but rules have been set to For Glory mode for the tourney.....
(-_-)

*5* Ridley is announced playable (this is what we want so no neeed to discuss this)
Number 1 **** my life. lol

Number 2 I'd get very giddy and know he is playable (Even though I know he is most likely playable already imo)

Number 3 I don't see happening but if it does then I'll assume he is playable and that they don't wanna give it away......Even though it not being there gives it away anyway. :smirk:

Number 4 I don't see happening. The Best Buy thing is to appeal to everyone. If random people walk in and play on FD they might think the game is boring.

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I just can't see Ridley not being a stage hazard anymore. The Direct was pretty conclusive. I think we're in for disappointment at E3.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Number 1 **** my life. lol

Number 2 I'd get very giddy and know he is playable (Even though I know he is most likely playable already imo)

Number 3 I don't see happening but if it does then I'll assume he is playable and that they don't wanna give it away......Even though it not being there gives it away anyway. :smirk:

Number 4 I don't see happening. The Best Buy thing is to appeal to everyone. If random people walk in and play on FD they might think the game is boring.
We dont even know if the Tourney and best buy build of the game will be the same (have the same features....) lol....

What if #4 Happens but Pyrosphere is not available in best buy....lol
.i know im being difficult and extremely negative but based on how everything is gone i wouldnt even raise a eyebrow if #3 or #4 Happened.

This is all just a very VerY bad annoying joke thats so far from funny........

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
I just can't see Ridley not being a stage hazard anymore. The Direct was pretty conclusive. I think we're in for disappointment at E3.
How was it conclusive? Yeah, it was hinted and it's likely, but it's not concrete evidence. As long as Sakurai doesn't say "He's a hazard," he still has a shot.

Whether that shot is a small flintlock bullet or a cannonball is up to your level of optimism.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
We dont even know if the Tourney and best buy build of the game will be the same (have the same features....) lol....

What if #4 Happens but Pyrosphere is not available in best buy....lol
.i know im being difficult and extremely negative but based on how everything is gone i wouldnt even raise a eyebrow if #3 or #4 Happened.

This is all just a very VerY bad annoying joke thats so far from funny........
I'll just say this Sakurai knows what people want and he does know Ridley is the most debated Smash request ever. I do think people taking Sakurai's possible "joke" as 100% proof that Ridley isn't in the game are abit uhh....The same thing they call us delusional. We will have closure soon but not soon enough. xD I can't go an hour without Ridley popping into my head.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I'll just say this Sakurai knows what people want and he does know Ridley is the most debated Smash request ever. I do think people taking Sakurai's possible "joke" as 100% proof that Ridley isn't in the game are abit uhh....The same thing they call us delusional. We will have closure soon but not soon enough. xD I can't go an hour without Ridley popping into my head.
It's the same as people who take the joke as 100% that Ridley is playable. You really need to let go of Ridley a bit, he's an ideal newcomer but the hints keep saying he's a stage boss. We got a month until E3, don't waste it anticipating all the time. :)

Last edited:

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
It's the same as people who take the joke as 100% that Ridley is playable. You really need to let go of Ridley a bit, he's an ideal newcomer but the hints keep saying he's a stage boss. We got a month until E3, don't waste it anticipating all the time. :)
I'm not seeing very much 100% Ridley is playable people only 100% he isn't playable.

Personally I think with all the in depth analysis stuff we been doing there is way more pointing to playable Ridley.

Malle

Smash Apprentice
You and me both bro, its very annoying. I keep looking at the E3 countdown.. ITS A SICKNESS AND I NEED A CURE!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I just released we are in denial as much as the people saying Wonder Red can still be playable. Ugh.
Dont you find it abit funny/odd that he had to state Brittany wasent playable when showing her trophy and not for Dillion & Wonder Red?

Not saying the former are in but just that the former 2 were atleast noteably requested by some.......

Edit: not really....wonder red was actually shown and named/mentioned specificly.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Dont you find it abit funny/odd that he had to state Brittany wasent playable when showing her trophy and not for Dillion & Wonder Red?

Not saying the former are in but just that the former 2 were atleast noteably requested by some.......
Dillion was flat out stated as an assist, and Wonder Red has the exact same model from his game. The only difference between Wonder Red and Ridley was Ridley wasn't shown directly, but hinted. Wonder Red was shown directly, and Sakurai wouldn't show a playable character directly before saying he's a playable character.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
How about Final Smash ideas?

I think JigglyP should get a new one and her old one should be given to Ridley.

Edit: @Luigi - He could have showed his shadow like he did and say ''Ridley is a stage hazard'' atleast but he didnt.

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
How about Final Smash ideas?

I think JigglyP should get a new one and her old one should be given to Ridley.
Ridley should just launch a bunch of nuclear fireballs all over the place.

Or herp derp Omega Ridley. Whichever tickles your fancy.

I try man. I try to believe.
A+ for effort. To be frank, I think he's probably a boss, but I still think of the oh so fragile possibilities.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I just came today and,

Oh no not another pyrosphere picture without ridley.

Yep the more pictures without Ridley in pyrosphere just adds 0.1 percent to hes playable every time to my 95% chance at this point.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I just came today and,

Oh no not another pyrosphere picture without ridley.

Yep the more pictures without Ridley in pyrosphere just adds 0.1 percent to hes playable every time to my 95% chance at this point.
95% chance of being playable. Sure. It's not like Sakurai is just going to suddenly put Ridley there and say, "oh, he's a stage boss" after all the teasing he's done. He's going to make a big deal out of it.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
What I don't get is why some people are using the "he's not finished yet, so that's why he wasn't fully shown" excuse for Ridley not being properly shown in the direct. I mean it could be possible for him to not be complete if Ridley's playable (heck the Direct used some stock images from Brawl as place holders for character icons), but if he's meant to be a stage boss and the main attraction for the Pyrosphere as the Direct has implied, 9 months later after the first Pyrosphere PotD and he's still not done? You mean Sakurai and his team didn't put all the effort to finish him before making and showing a Final Destination version of Pyrosphere? I would've thought that the original stages would have higher priority than FD versions to get completed first ._.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
95% chance of being playable. Sure. It's not like Sakurai is just going to suddenly put Ridley there and say, "oh, he's a stage boss" after all the teasing he's done. He's going to make a big deal out of it.
Thats one of the things I don't get. We got this for Yellow Devil and it was clear he was gonna be a stage hazard. Why not give us a shadow of him too? Why no teasing???

http://youtu.be/rUyoUfy5hGs?t=3m26s

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Last edited:
Top Bottom