• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Can someone tell me what is going on with Ridley on Gamefaqs? There are more joke topics involving him then the week after the direct!
Its called jerks and complete lack of control over creation of those topics. It is too dangerous to go alone to that site filled with dim-witted trolls that will deny everything they don`t like. There IS few sane peoples that at least has good arguments, but they support Ridley and just start to ignore trolls that arrive in their topics. I don`t know about rest of GamesFAQs users, maybe they aren`t that bad, but judging by many users i saw...it is a forgotten site that no one has control over.

Last edited:

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
By oblivianwolfs and i research no ridley is not bigger than yellow devil
At least half his size. Dude I got a request you know how people can see NES Ridley in the Greninja trailer?

Can you let it get as close as possible then give us a zoomed in picture then put in next to this.....I swear that can't be done on accident....You can even see the eye shape and everything. Sorry I'm not good at editing and stuff. Its cool if you don't wanna though.

Picture.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111230141333/villains/images/7/73/Ridley_(NES).png

Video.

http://youtu.be/BgmC56ndgeg?t=1m14s

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
At least half his size. Dude I got a request you know how people can see NES Ridley in the Greninja trailer?

Can you let it get as close as possible then give us a zoomed in picture then put in next to this.....I swear that can't be done on accident....You can even see the eye shape and everything. Sorry I'm not good at editing and stuff. Its cool if you don't wanna though.

Picture.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111230141333/villains/images/7/73/Ridley_(NES).png

Video.

http://youtu.be/BgmC56ndgeg?t=1m14s
I eon't understand i thought someone already pointed out the nes ridley in the rocks already

Do you want me to zoom in on it?

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Yeah I know but I just wanted a zoomed in pic cuz people were calling me crazy saying they couldn't see it. Am I crazy?
Yes, you are. WE are crazy actually. Do you agree with me?

You know...if Ridley is revealed to be playable, then i will have at least 2 awesome events of this year that will give me a heart attack.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
So I know I've talked at great lengths about how Ridley hadn't made it in previous Smash titles because he wasn't important until Metroid Prime and Other M. But what about Mother Brain, the final boss and main antagonist of the Metroid series?

Why hasn't Mother Brain made any appearances until now? No appearances as a trophy or even as a stage hazard. Her biggest role up until now was as a mere sticker.

Maybe Sakurai thought she would be too scary for kids. So its likely that more "scary" characters will make appearances as stage hazards, Assist Trophies, or even playable characters!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
So I know I've talked at great lengths about how Ridley hadn't made it in previous Smash titles because he wasn't important until Metroid Prime and Other M. But what about Mother Brain, the final boss and main antagonist of the Metroid series?

Why hasn't Mother Brain made any appearances until now? No appearances as a trophy or even as a stage hazard. Her biggest role up until now was as a mere sticker.

Maybe Sakurai thought she would be too scary for kids. So its likely that more "scary" characters will make appearances as stage hazards, Assist Trophies, or even playable characters!
Maybe because he thought it looked gross or just didn`t added her as a trophy until this game? Or just got something f***ed up with her or it was too hard to make her model? "Scary" doesn`t makes sense since we already have Giga Friggin` Bowser, Tabuu and Beast Ganon.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

I know it wasn't Mother Brain herself, but what about that big brain thing that swung about in the background of Melee's Brinstar stage? Just what was that thing anyway, Daughter Brain? :ohwell:

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984

Well even though he wasn't playable Ridley has been in every Smash game in some form. Mother Brain idk is she more scary then Ridley?

I remember Nintendo did this Villans take over the Eshop thing awhile back.

http://youtu.be/ZY1220LQsX0?t=1m21s

So even Nintendo considers Ridley the main villan.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
But if you compare her original design to this

mother-brain-1.jpg

Now that is scary....and the Ridley concept art that looked like a xenomorph or something.....

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Yeah, but she talked like that plant from Little Shop of Horrors...
Now I just wonder, if that ugly Ridley concept had appeared in the TV show like it does in the Captain N comics....how he would have sounded like when he spoke?

Last edited:

Zuba Oki

Smash Apprentice
When Ridley is confirmed as playable then the meme should be this

No Items

Ridley Only

Pyro-Destination

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I know it wasn't Mother Brain herself, but what about that big brain thing that swung about in the background of Melee's Brinstar stage? Just what was that thing anyway, Daughter Brain? :ohwell:
OR it was Father Brain.
Now I just wonder, if that ugly Ridley concept had appeared in the TV show like it does in the Captain N comics....how he would have sounded like when he spoke?
Like either Squidward or Megatron. Maybe even like that cat called something like Lucifer or somethin` from one of those Disney movies...oh...right...

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Since when is Mother Brain the main antagonist of the Metroid series? She's been in two games. We could be REALLY generous and count MB as Mother Brain, but that's just a recreation of the AI made to control metroids and federation bioweapons. Dark Samus and the Metroid Prime (being the same entity) have a better track record.

EDIT: Well I guess until Retro got the metroid games, that would be like half the series. But still.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

I really doubt it had anything to do with being "scary to kids". The reason Mother Brain hadn't been shown yet is probably because he didn't think it wasn't necessary for her to warrant a collectable trophy in Melee (which sounds strange to me as well), and that she didn't have a 3-D model to use in Brawl. By the time Brawl was released, Ridley had appeared in way more Metroid games then Mother Brain had, and usurped her position as the main villain of the series.

Which makes it strange that after years of being relegated to a retro characters from the 80's-90's, she seemingly now has a more important role than Ridley in this game.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Since when is Mother Brain the main antagonist of the Metroid series? She's been in two games. We could be REALLY generous and count MB as Mother Brain, but that's just a recreation of the AI made to control metroids and federation bioweapons. Dark Samus and the Metroid Prime (being the same entity) have a better track record.

EDIT: Well I guess until Retro got the metroid games, that would be like half the series. But still.
Well, i doubt she is considered one anymore since she was the main antagonist of the series when we had only 3-4 games and she appeared in 2 of them and served as a final boss. Now Space Pirates and/or Ridley is since they are major threat to the Metroid`s universe.
Which makes it strange that after years of being relegated to a retro characters from the 80's-90's, she seemingly now has a more important role than Ridley in this game.
At least she has more important role being the final boss, but story-wise, she isn`t that important - the only important and valuable thing she did was giving Space Pirates Metroids and Zebes.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

Metroid: Ridley's main role in it was as a mere boss key to Mother Brain's lair. The reason you're on Zebes in the first place is to stop Mother Brain from producing Metroids and conquering the galaxy. Serves as the final boss.

Super Metroid: Though Ridley is the one who steals the Metroid hatchling, it was only under orders of Mother Brain. Ridley for the rest of the game is, once again, a boss key to Mother Brain's lair. Not only is she the final boss, she also nearly kills Samus in Tourian.

Zero Mission: See Metroid. The difference being, its the Space Pirates along with Ridley whom are under Mother Brain's command this time. I took the post-Mother Brain segment as the Pirates working to avenge Mother Brain's death and rebuild her.

Metroid Prime 3: Though she herself doesn't appear, the Aurora units are clearly based on Mother Brain, right down to the blueprints for a base of operations.

The final boss of the Prime series also has you fighting a giant brain.

Other M: MB is the only thing on the Bottle Ship that is more threatening than Ridley, as it is her who controls all the creatures there.

I think she's main antagonist material, myself.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Remember that Phantoon, a friggin alien ghost, was also a lackey to Mother Brain in Super Metroid.
OR he just served Space Pirates to feed off Wrecked Ship`s energy and Mother Brain`s (there was something that more-or-less confirmed later part). Anyway, it appeared AFTER MB`s death, so, it wasn`t under her control during Other M.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I theorized this, but didn't know it was canon. Thanks for this!
Considering the Galactic Federation's tendency to create weapons beyond their control (the Metroid breeding program, MB, Nightmare) I'm amazed it took Phazon corruption for ONE Aurora unit to turn against them.

OR he just served Space Pirates to feed off Wrecked Ship`s energy and Mother Brain`s (there was something that more-or-less confirmed later part). Anyway, it appeared AFTER MB`s death, so, it wasn`t under her control during Other M.
Had Phantoon appeared before MB's death, I'm sure it would have gladly served her once again.

Also, it would make no sense for Phantoon to appear beforehand, as it only haunts ghost ships.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Considering the Galactic Federation's tendency to create weapons beyond their control (the Metroid breeding program, MB, Nightmare) I'm amazed it took Phazon corruption for ONE Aurora unit to turn against them.
Plot of the next game? Midquel between Corruption and Super Metroid? Could be the reason why there were no Aurora Units on the Bottle Ship or the BSL Station. xD

majora_787

Smash Hero
Metroid: Ridley's main role in it was as a mere boss key to Mother Brain's lair. The reason you're on Zebes in the first place is to stop Mother Brain from producing Metroids and conquering the galaxy. Serves as the final boss.

Super Metroid: Though Ridley is the one who steals the Metroid hatchling, it was only under orders of Mother Brain. Ridley for the rest of the game is, once again, a boss key to Mother Brain's lair. Not only is she the final boss, she also nearly kills Samus in Tourian.

Zero Mission: See Metroid. The difference being, its the Space Pirates along with Ridley whom are under Mother Brain's command this time. I took the post-Mother Brain segment as the Pirates working to avenge Mother Brain's death and rebuild her.

Metroid Prime 3: Though she herself doesn't appear, the Aurora units are clearly based on Mother Brain, right down to the blueprints for a base of operations.

The final boss of the Prime series also has you fighting a giant brain.

Other M: MB is the only thing on the Bottle Ship that is more threatening than Ridley, as it is her who controls all the creatures there.

I think she's main antagonist material, myself.
1. You're counting Metroid and Zero Mission as two games. Zero Mission is a remake.
2. You're counting aurora units as Mother Brain? That's an even BIGGER stretch. And at the end of the day the main antagonist is STILL Dark Samus.
3. That's because it's Dark Samus controlling an aurora unit. Not Mother Brain.
4. Well that's great, but MB is a one-game occurrence that is LIKE Mother Brain, but is still not Mother Brain.

This is like if I count every occurrence of a purple enemy in any Metroid game as Ridley, and then backed it up with "I'm sure if Ridley met Mother Brain again after Super Metroid he'd just fill her jar with space pirate urine and feed her to some gorilla alien monsters and laugh."

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Had Phantoon appeared before MB's death, I'm sure it would have gladly served her once again.

Also, it would make no sense for Phantoon to appear beforehand, as it only haunts ghost ships.
Maybe, but my point wasn`t that he isn`t under her control - i meant that he is more threatening than MB in Other M.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
RIdley Comic I gues.PNG

This sucks majorly but I've only got an ipod to work with so bluh
I'm not one for making comics so the rest of it was basically Ridley announcing to his crew that they should remember to be courteous because there's now a Lady on board, he would then blow up a doorway, skidding out with a Plasma Gun to face a large orange Space Dragon thing.
Woo.

Top Bottom