• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Fun fact: In the Japanese version of the trailers, those splash pages basically say the same thing:

Villager joins the battle!
Mega Man joins the battle!
Rosalina joins the battle!
Little Mac joins the battle!
Greninja joins the battle!

So because we're lucky English speakers, the odds of a size joke on Ridley's debut trailer are incredibly high.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Fun fact: In the Japanese version of the trailers, those splash pages basically say the same thing:

So because we're lucky English speakers, the odds of a size joke on Ridley's debut trailer are incredibly high.
Actually, it's:

Murabito joins the battle!
Rockman joins the battle!
Rosetta & Chiko joins the battle!
Gekkouga joins the battle!

:lick:

D

Deleted member

A little late to ask, but, could you translate the "Other Boss appearences" from the Japanese text? Want to know if it was something else

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
in a little bit I got so much detail its unbelievable trust me

the only downside is ridley could have ben high above ground from the shadow footage
What do you mean? How is being high above ground a downside? Plus we see his tail at one point so it cant be that high.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
What do you mean? How is being high above ground a downside? Plus we see his tail at one point so it cant be that high.
oh this picture

look at where charizards shadow is push charizard forward a little bit and lower him a few hairs that's how high ridley is and he stayed that hight

(unless its another illusion on how high ridley is im worried a little)

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
A little late to ask, but, could you translate the "Other Boss appearences" from the Japanese text? Want to know if it was something else
I don't speak Moon! I got that tidbit from TV Tropes or something.

I do want to learn Japanese though...

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
oh this picture

look at where charizards shadow is push charizard forward a little bit and lower him a few hairs that's how high ridley is and he stayed that hight

Now now brother Charizard really isn't all that big look here.

http://smashbros-miiverse.com/images/daily/2014-04-18-17.jpg

Bowser ducking is the same hight of Charizard.

http://smashbros-miiverse.com/images/daily/2014-04-18-8.jpg

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
I mean't height above the ground of the shadow pin point not character height related
So your saying there is something odd about where his shadow is compared to his body? I mean its hard to tell how high his body actually is. His tail is long and we can't see his body. Is there something wrong if his body was high?

euh... ? did you quote me? I got an alert... weird.
Sorry I derped earlier. :upsidedown:

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I'd also really appreciate it if someone could translate the Japanese transcript of the Direct from the part where Ridley's shadow is shown.

It could really provide a big clue, actually. I'm surprised no one has done this yet.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So your saying there is something odd about where his shadow is compared to his body? I mean its hard to tell how high his body actually is. His tail is long and we can't see his body. Is there something wrong if his body was high?

Sorry I derped earlier. :upsidedown:
Ok you just gave me my answer could just be a illusion that hes high above the ground

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
oh this picture

Hmm...

I would think it's possible that Ridley's larger and more open body (as opposed to Charizard's smaller and curled-up-from-being-hit body) would make his shadow appear bigger. There's also the issue of the wings... Also, in regards to Ridley's height off the ground, since we could see his tail briefly, I imagine he probably wouldn't be too terribly high off the ground. Not right above it, but maybe a little lower or about Charizard's height in that picture.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Ok you just gave me my answer could just be a illusion that hes high above the ground
Ohhh yeaahhh now that I'm looking at that Charizard shadow pic compared to Ridley's not only is the angle tilted to the left but its from a slight above view. Things just get even stranger...Its something I should have noticed earlier.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Judging by your avatar, I can make you a meal for free.
I Swear I was going to make that joke depending on how you replied but you know what nevermind no dinner no drink good bye.

WAIT A MINUTE you were talking about poop weren't you.

I mean my answer is the same but that wasn't what I was thinking.

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
I'd also really appreciate it if someone could translate the Japanese transcript of the Direct from the part where Ridley's shadow is shown.

It could really provide a big clue, actually. I'm surprised no one has done this yet.
I doubt it would make a huge deal, as Sakurai did not mention Ridley's name(which I am fairly certain is Ridley in both Japanese and English), so he made no obvious reference to him.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh by the way i looked very very carefully i think i know how pikachu was placed in ridleys foot

He grabs pikachu with his hand and nothing would happen but in the footage (if playable) the guy instataniously pressed foward which causes ridley to raise his feet a little and he puts pikachu in one of his feet

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What?

Does he really grab Pikachu in the Direct?

I thought he just walked across the stage

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No, I watched it again. He does get picked up

There were better screens you could have used to explain it

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
After Ridley picks up Pikachu, there are some scenes where Pikachu's tail is facing down

They are the more obvious pictures you should have used to illustrate Ridley picking up Pikachu

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Eh, I can kind of see it. so does Ridley have mid-air grabs? That'd be pretty sick.
Yeah I remember talking with my brother a long time ago saying if Ridley ever becomes playable he will totally have air grabs. If what we seen was playable Ridley then I called that ****!!!

Here is another older size comparison. Btw I didn't make any of these credit goes to other Ridley supporters here.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/101/3/7/ridley_pikachu_by_lilt92-d7dzwo1.jpg

majora_787

Smash Hero
I wouldn't be concerned about how high up Ridley is. I mean there is nothing stopping us from having an air-based character, and there are two levels of platforms on Pyrosphere Ridley could be hovering from.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I wouldn't be concerned about how high up Ridley is. I mean there is nothing stopping us from having an air-based character, and there are two levels of platforms on Pyrosphere Ridley could be hovering from.
I'm always concerned with how high ridley is, I think they screen the roster with mandatory urine samples these days

Game and Watch hasn't been revealed yet because getting his is proving to be a challenge

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Yeah I remember talking with my brother a long time ago saying if Ridley ever becomes playable he will totally have air grabs. If what we seen was playable Ridley then I called that ****!!!

Here is another older size comparison. Btw I didn't make any of these credit goes to other Ridley supporters here.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/101/3/7/ridley_pikachu_by_lilt92-d7dzwo1.jpg
So, according to the size comparison, Ridley actually looks a playable size providing his wings weren't hit boxes.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I'm always concerned with how high ridley is, I think they screen the roster with mandatory urine samples these days

Game and Watch hasn't been revealed yet because getting his is proving to be a challenge
Have they tried bending a paper clip into a U-shape?
Wait, that might still be too 3D...

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
You know, it IS a TWO-dimensional battlefield, they could just store Ridley's wings in the 3rd dimension to reduce hitbox issues.
Yeah only time his wings will look big is when his wings flap upward. I really don't see it being a big deal at all. Charizards wings arent big as Ridley's but there not tiny either. Here for all Charizard pics.

http://smashbros-miiverse.com/characters/charizard

Top Bottom