• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Marketing wise it doesn't seem smart either. Both scenarios.

Ridley deconfirmed at the direct.....Disappointment and anger but giving us a few months to cool off and look at the other great reasons to get the game.

Ridley deconfirmed at E3......YOU ***!!!! WHY DIDN'T YOU DECONFIRM HIM AT THE DIRECT!!!! Sakurai: "Now please buy this game which I most likely just upset you with..." [Sakurai Laughs]
The worse part is that if this happens, we're all going to buy the game anyway. (I can't leave Megaman hanging.)

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
So what do you guys see for a Ridley intro? They brought back the personalized entrances from 64 into Brawl, and they're visually more appealing than the insta-detrophication in Melee.

Maybe Ridley flies in from the foreground into his spot, like Meta Ridley. And for Pyrosphere, he'll fly in from that hole.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589

Ridley deconfirmed at the direct.....Disappointment and anger but giving us a few months to cool off and look at the other great reasons to get the game.

Ridley deconfirmed at E3......YOU ***!!!! WHY DIDN'T YOU DECONFIRM HIM AT THE DIRECT!!!! Sakurai: "Now please buy this game which I most likely just upset you with..." [Sakurai Laughs]

If he isn't in fine just tell us like you said don't piss us off at the last minute. Buuut I don't think it will come to that personally. I think Ridley is most likely playable. :p
Still going for my old idea here: Sakurai trolls us by revealing Ridley as a Boss at some point during the Direct and then reveals he is also playable later on in the Direct.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Yeah there really is no way Sakurai doesn't look like a **** in the end UNLESS he confirms Ridley playable.
So, what do we do if Ridley is confirmed as only a boss character at E3?

I'd try to get as many journalists as possible to ask Sakurai about the Ridley situation, and why, despite being perhaps the #1 most requested Newcomer worldwide by sheer number of people who want him playable, he decided to make him a mere Boss that is only seen in one stage of the game.

And even if Sakurai somehow has a convincing reason why he didn't make Ridley playable, I would still ask him why he didn't de-confirm Ridley right away, back when Pyrosphere was first shown, and instead intentionally kept people's hopes alive for so long only to disappoint in the end.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
i need a farvor

I need some of you to find shadows in the pyrosphere of as many characters as possible in good sight from videos and photos

D

Deleted member

This is for you all, I can't leave for 8 hours and 3 pages are added, you should follow the Magnus thread example, it has 2 pages and it has been there since 2012 *sigh*

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

If he isn't in fine just tell us like you said don't piss us off at the last minute. Buuut I don't think it will come to that personally. I think Ridley is most likely playable. :p
oh the possible outcome for e3 is a very good point. I actually don't know how you could devil advocate this. It just makes total sense because can we agree that...

Sakurai was not intending to physically show /or/and said CLEARLY about ridley on pyroshere.

Even for a pro-hazard, it's true and I don't think it has to do with opinion because he did NOT said clearly wihtout even mentioning him but rather hinted at him in the potd and then NOT show CLEARLY ridley on pyroshpere I don't think this can be false right?

Well, what you just said about E3 would NOT MAKE SENSE AT ALL IF HE'S AN HAZARD!!!

See, it would not make any sense to not know about his fate before the release because of how ambiguous he showed him (won't repeat but I can prove it with FACTS ONLY that it is currently impossible to tell if hazard or playable and so, with the same evidences interpreted differently). So, there's only 2 ways he could do this:

POTD and E3. POTD would only feel ok if it's an hazard but here, we are VERY CLOSE to E3 and you know what Sakurai and Nintendo CLEARLY WANTS: to get hyped for it (they are already doing so you even have a quick option on their site to save the date to your calendar such as google.) Sakurai probably knows that ridley is one of the most requested character so deconfirming him 2-3 weeks before E3 would probably kill the hype for the fans (remember: one of the most requested).

E3 is what is left but here, it would make ABSOLUTELY LESS SENSE to be an hazard because of the point you just brought up: instead of making the hype, they would kill it while it should have been done WAY EARLIER because here, yes the hype would be killed but it will shortly be fixed here since there's no particular reason to get our hopes up, just a bunch of good potds would bring back the hype needed.

Seriously, someone, try as hard as you can to counter this via devil advocate because here, I only bring fact and logic. I didn't bring any of the "he's hyping hazard vs he's hiding his playability" kind of ambiguity. there's just no reason to reveal at ANY point for him to be an hazard (which again I can prove it with only facts that he's not deconfirmed). If he is an hazard then it's just too late to reveal it at any point and the only thing it would do now is bringing more disappointment then it should have). Therefore, if I cannot find any reason to reveal him as hazard, then he HAS to be playable. Please try to counter this; I tried to stay as close as possible from the facts.

TL;DR he just cannot be revealed as an hazard without killing too much hype then it should have and so, his playability is the outcome that would make more sense.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

oh the possible outcome for e3 is a very good point. I actually don't know how you could devil advocate this. It just makes total sense because can we agree that...

Sakurai was not intending to physically show /or/and said CLEARLY about ridley on pyroshere.

Even for a pro-hazard, it's true and I don't think it has to do with opinion because he did NOT said clearly wihtout even mentioning him but rather hinted at him in the potd and then NOT show CLEARLY ridley on pyroshpere I don't think this can be false right?

Well, what you just said about E3 would NOT MAKE SENSE AT ALL IF HE'S AN HAZARD!!!

See, it would not make any sense to not know about his fate before the release because of how ambiguous he showed him (won't repeat but I can prove it with FACTS ONLY that it is currently impossible to tell if hazard or playable and so, with the same evidences interpreted differently). So, there's only 2 ways he could do this:

POTD and E3. POTD would only feel ok if it's an hazard but here, we are VERY CLOSE to E3 and you know what Sakurai and Nintendo CLEARLY WANTS: to get hyped for it (they are already doing so you even have a quick option on their site to save the date to your calendar such as google.) Sakurai probably knows that ridley is one of the most requested character so deconfirming him 2-3 weeks before E3 would probably kill the hype for the fans (remember: one of the most requested).

E3 is what is left but here, it would make ABSOLUTELY LESS SENSE to be an hazard because of the point you just brought up: instead of making the hype, they would kill it while it should have been done WAY EARLIER because here, yes the hype would be killed but it will shortly be fixed here since there's no particular reason to get our hopes up, just a bunch of good potds would bring back the hype needed.

Seriously, someone, try as hard as you can to counter this via devil advocate because here, I only bring fact and logic. I didn't bring any of the "he's hyping hazard vs he's hiding his playability" kind of ambiguity. there's just no reason to reveal at ANY point for him to be an hazard (which again I can prove it with only facts that he's not deconfirmed). If he is an hazard then it's just too late to reveal it at any point and the only thing it would do now is bringing more disappointment then it should have). Therefore, if I cannot find any reason to reveal him as hazard, then he HAS to be playable. Please try to counter this; I tried to stay as close as possible from the facts.

TL;DR he just cannot be revealed as an hazard without killing too much hype then it should have and so, his playability is the outcome that would make more sense.
Agree with you, if he was a boss, he should have been deconfirmed in the Direct when there was other stuff to announce, but now, it would be killing the hype and people woud end up being disapointed by this, it's impossible for Sakurai not noticing Ridley when he included Mac and only 'Murica was asking for him, we have 35 days left and how much PotD, I'm too lazy to calculate it

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
*jumps through the rings of firedenial arguments*

So what do you guys see for a Ridley intro? They brought back the personalized entrances from 64 into Brawl, and they're visually more appealing than the insta-detrophication in Melee.

Maybe Ridley flies in from the foreground into his spot, like Meta Ridley. And for Pyrosphere, he'll fly in from that hole.
Super Metroid Ridley intro or bust. (the eyes suddenly appear out of nowhere, and then the rest of his body)

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
but anyway for the door thing

sorry guys the door in other m is the same size as the other m door
Wellllll to be fair the whole Pyrosphere is smaller in Smash so maybe the door/holes are smaller too? Ehhh its hard to say really. Well we know Ridley is smaller anyway so he should fit through the holes either way lol.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I'd rather talk more about Ridley that potential things that happen about a month from now.
If we talk about it wall now, there's nothing we'll talk about later,let's save these topics of chat for end of the month stuff
I'm Plenty sure there's stuff about Ridley we haven't talked about

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The only thing that could alleviate my disappointment from a 100% Ridley disconfirmation at E3 would be the announcement of Metroid Prime 4.

Yes, it would suck that Metroid representation consists of just Samus again, but at least we finally get another Metroid game after 4+ years of waiting.

D

Deleted member

The only thing that could alleviate my disappointment from a 100% Ridley disconfirmation at E3 would be the announcement of Metroid Prime 4.

Yes, it would suck that Metroid representation consists of just Samus again, but at least we finally get another Metroid game after 4+ years of waiting.
The only thing for me would be Wonder-Red or Robin from Awakening, oh! and the deconfirmation of the Gematsu leak :troll:

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
One thing I'd like to note. Sakurai is a man who loves little details. If Ridley was a stage hazard wouldn't you think he would actually create the holes himself with a dramatic entrance by bursting through them not coming out of holes already made? Feels kinda lazy.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The only thing for me would be Wonder-Red or Robin from Awakening, oh! and the deconfirmation of the Gematsu leak :troll:
I absolutely loathe the Gematsu leak, not because of the characters he listed (although I do dislike the idea of Chorus Kids), but because this one guy seemingly managed to spoil the entire list of newcomers for this game. I outright cheered when Rosalina was revealed because it meant that he didn't actually reveal every newcomer.

You don't know angry I would be if those were the remaining newcomers yet to be announced.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
One thing I'd like to note. Sakurai is a man who loves little details. If Ridley was a stage hazard wouldn't you think he would actually create the holes himself with a dramatic entrance by bursting through them not coming out of holes already made? Feels kinda lazy.
You know, that's actually a good point. Especially since we've already seen examples of walls exploding on the Shadow Moses Island stage in Brawl. I suppose that could mean that Ridley does not come flying out of that hole.

Which does raise the question as to where he would fly in from...

Last edited:

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
You know, that's actually a good point. Especially since we've already seen examples of walls exploding on the Shadow Moses Island stage in Brawl. I suppose that could mean that Ridley does not come flying out of that hole.

I don't see anyplace......I guess if he is a hazard he will have a lackluster entrance what a shame. Unless he comes bursting outta the lava!!! A new incarnation of Ridley! Lava Ridley! :troll:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Tbh, from our screen when watching E3 with the usual confirmation banner.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Tag lines for Ridley's reveal banner go!

"Ridley swoops into the fight!"
"Ridley's hit the big time!"
"Ridley's big chance!"

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
in a little bit I got so much detail its unbelievable trust me

the only downside is ridley could have ben high above ground from the shadow footage

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I assume it will just be a huge letter "R" in the background with an obviously cropped left edge of an "I", and that will be all of the text on the banner.

Top Bottom