• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd feel cheated on if I was Samus.

And yeah I remember those Ridley threads being closed all the time. They eventually where even forbidden :rolleyes:

:phone:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's something I'm legitimately concerned about IF Ridley isn't revealed in the initial trailer.

The coming swarms will be so ridiculous it might cause a similar problem.

Gulp.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I was referring to Metroid Fusion as a VERY, VERY, VERY high quality game (in which he is physically dead... I think?), but not the other game Adam is in (Other M).
Oh, 'k. Guess I misunderstood then.

It was programmed with Adam's personality.

Adam really died.

They say in Fusion they program their computers with the personality of fallen soldiers or something like that
It's not merely the personality, but the minds of good leaders and scientists that somehow get uploaded in computer form, as far as what was stated in the game anyway. Currently Adam is only dead in body, but his mind lives on in that computer.

Wouldn't be surprised if something happened to the computerized Adam as well though in a Metroid V, if such a sequel ever still happens.

It's something I'm legitimately concerned about IF Ridley isn't revealed in the initial trailer.

The coming swarms will be so ridiculous it might cause a similar problem.

Gulp.
If Ridley's not in the trailer, I think at worst we'll just get a few more people who time-traveled from 2005 to the present with their "arguments" against him, while getting a few more supporters here in the process who just post here in the thread every now and then.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, as said before, Anthony is much better than Adam anyway.

You know, I still wouldn't count on seeing Ridley in the trailer.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Your constant mention of Anthony every time someone in Metroid besides him is brought up is getting pretty old and annoying now, not gonna lie.

I'm not really either at the moment.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I just gotta point out he's better than Adam. Nothing wrong with that right?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
lanky wasn't banned. In fact he posted here around end-of-the-world day last month, but other than that yeah.

:p

Nevermind, carry on.
oh, cool, lanky's not dead

I thought they all were haha

I haven't been checking here nearly enough what with work and stuff. only am now because of the flue haha :cry:

And I do hope they have a good red recolor, red ridley can be fearsome. meta would be awesome, omega too, but purple and red seem more must to me.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I vote for Purple Ridley as well. Though he could also be black right?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Alternate colors so far:

Purple (main)
Red (original)
Black
Blue?
...Pinkley?

D

Deleted member

Every character has to have a Red, Blue, and Green color.
So add those to Ridley's default purple, add a black color, and perhaps a white to reference Little Birdie. :troll:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Well if we went with official colors:

Purple (default)
Red (Super concept art)
Blue (Either X or Omega inspired. I kind of feel X would work better than Omega even though Omega is pretty cool)
Green (Zero Mission concept art)
Black just because it's fitting.
For a sixth color... I really have no idea. I always thought a silvery one with green eyes/wings alluding to Robo-Ridley would be cool. Or a bone colored Ridley, since he's so boney. Maybe a GOLD one referencing the Super Metroid statue?! That'd be pretty awesome.

D

Deleted member

Black is also Super Metroid inspired, and Blue can be Neo Ridley inspiried.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I think black could be fitted to meta a little bit, so that we could have an interesting sixth color. gold would be cool. red, purple, and gold happen to be my favorite colors haha

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Purple Ridley seems pretty shoe in if you ask me. Samus has been around since 64 and while EVERY other series besides the dead F-Zero grew around her, she stayed the same gaining no reps no matter how good her games sold. In melee I was surprised he didn't make it but not much. In brawl I was really surprised, and I think it's agreed that he is past due.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That Melee intro really made people want him In think. It created a LOT of hype for him. And I can somewhat understand that. As I myself was also really dissapointed Diddy wasn't in Melee for example.

Plus, that Melee intro kinda gave it away that he could easily be resized and fit in with the rest of the cast. But seeing that even the most supported / wanted characters had to be included yet in Brawl, I think that now is really the best time to expect Ridley, and not pre-Brawl.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
But that's BECAUSE he wasn't in brawl. Meaning a growing popular series like metroid has gone 3 games with only one rep. And that's ridiculous. I think that's easy to see as well, so the fact that he wasn't in melee or brawl, means he's pretty much shoe in for the next game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Zero Suit Samus does count however. Much like how Sheik counts for Zelda. And still, Zero Suit Samus was playable, plus she's Samus, the main character. I don't think it was a bad move to add her.

As said before, characters as Wario, MetaKnight, Diddy Kong, Pit and other highly anticipated Brawl newcomers had clear priority over Ridley. Now, Ridley and K.Rool is basically all thats really needed with others as Little Mac, Palutena, Takamaru, Chrom and Mewtwo. Maybe Roy to.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ridley and K.Rool are the only BIG names left that are not in the roster. They need to be in next time.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ridley and K.Rool are the only BIG names left that are not in the roster. They need to be in next time.
The only other character I would throw in there would maybe be Toad, however, he is still just a side character within his series, unlike Ridley and K. Rool. Bowser Jr. has also had important roles within the main Mario series since 2002 (though Toad is more iconic).

Its sad to think we are finally scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to Nintendo all-stars.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ridley would be nice yeah. Still, I'm not expecting too much yet cause that'll lead to dissapointment...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Zero Suit Samus does count however. Much like how Sheik counts for Zelda. And still, Zero Suit Samus was playable, plus she's Samus, the main character. I don't think it was a bad move to add her.

ZZS was an awesome character, no mistake whatsoever. the only mistake was lack of ridley

Ridley would be nice yeah. Still, I'm not expecting too much yet cause that'll lead to dissapointment...

I always just expect all of the things because then I always get at least part of what I expected :awesome:

Eagle

Smash Lord
If Ridley isn't put in due to something as stupid as size again... Sakurai is a ****ing idiot that only wants to disappoint!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Ridley isn't put in due to something as stupid as size again... Sakurai is a ****ing idiot that only wants to disappoint!
Isn't he too big?

If that's the case...then of course Sakurai would do that

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah well... isn't Geno irrelevant? ;)
WTF does is relevance even mean?

You have to have a connective link for relevance to have any sort of meaning, a point of reference

Eagle

Smash Lord
I don't know, I was just trying to hit you were it hurts.

It's funny though, I found these boards when Brawl was in the works and I remember seeing you and I think you had the Geno thread then too. I think I even played Super Mario RPG because of your thread.
I actually.. want Geno. :(

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Let's just say Geno and Ridley both have their problems. :smirk: But yeah, rather see Ridley above Geno.

majora_787

Smash Hero
So the Ridley thread is allowed again for SSB4 waiting season? Nifty. Here comes the nostalgia. Well, I still await a reason for me to pick up a heavyweight since Mewtwo, hopefully in the form of Ridley.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
What nostalgia?

Hm, since the golden pirate and statue stuff was mentioned earlier, I'd welcome a stage (which would prolly be Tourian or something) that has the giant statue from Super Metroid in the background, just as it was with Ridley's being perched on top of Kraid's, Phantoon's and Draygon's.

Top Bottom