• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't think they'd show Ridley in it though. He seems like an unlockable secret character.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

The Motion Sensor Bombs from Goldeneye were in Smash 64, BEFORE James Bond got the votes. (Perhaps that's part of the reason he got voted so much in the first place).
However, Japanese Melee has the mines from Perfect Dark. Out of Japan, they are the ones from Smash 64, a.k.a. the ones from Goldeneye.

The Cloaking Device definitely came from Perfect Dark, though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh yeah forgot about that. Never got Golden Eye for N64. But played it quite a bit with friends. Still, my N64 shooter was DK64 :cool:

I wanna fight Ridley as Diddy now. See if peanuts are more effective than missiles against him. :glare:

He beat my *** 4 times in a row in Super Metroid. Thats why. :smirk:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'd like to think that if the trailer is better, there will be more characters revealed. Of course just thinking about that is getting me excited!
Even if it means we'll just get more returning veterans, some gameplay footage, lots of graphics-related content, and/or stages shown, that will alone would be worth the hype.

But the possibility of new playable characters revealed like Ridley, Mega Man, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Pac-Man, and Little Mac=??? SIGN ME UP TO LEAD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!! :):)
I don't think they'd show Ridley in it though. He seems like an unlockable secret character.
That's what myself and others said about Meta Knight. ;)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, thats true about MetaKnight. And I still think he should've been unlockable, togheter with the Halbert stage. Buttttttt nooooooo, Sakurai be greedy about his over powered character! :smirk:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Meta Knight became a dark horse popular character, and instantly became a cult favorite, even before he was broken. I could see Ridley being that (along with Zoroark), although with more bad acidry. :shades:

So pretty much...
Ridley or Dixie Kong = Meta Knight (long-time cult character)
Little Mac or Takamaru = Pit (old character)
Shulk or Saki = Zero Suit Samus (new character)
King K. Rool or Paper Mario = Wario (comical character)
Mega Man or Pac-Man = Sonic (3rd party character)

How cool of a trailer would that be=??? :)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa for surprising female like Sheik and Zero Suit Samus before her perhaps? :awesome: *gets shot*

Nobody affraid of Little Birdie yet? Been asking this around a lot here, still no answer.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't understand that evolution talk at all, either.
Apparently someone said in a "leak" that Ridley would have an evolution system in his character. He would start of as Little Birdie and eventually grow into adult Ridley. Personally I wouldn't mind if this happened. Not optimal, but not bad.

I think Ridley will be the last character shown in the E3 trailer actually, if we get no third party revealed. He seems to be the kind that would create hype. At least in the west.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, since model-ripped trophies are all the rage, you can bet we'll see Little Birdie as one of those at the very least. :troll:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
To hell with Birdy, I am now going to hype the Super Metroid RED version of Ridley! :shades:
Complete with Red Birdy! :troll:

But in all seriousness, Red Ridley and Meta Ridley recolors are a must.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Ridley would be a nice character to reveal in a trailer. Has a certain cinematic quality to him. Would make a nice entrance flying in. Might show off graphics well.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
But in all seriousness, Red Ridley and Meta Ridley recolors are a must.
Agreed. Also, Green and Blue Ridley, and maybe even a light purple while we're at it. A Omega Ridley color or skin would be pretty sweet, too. :shades:
Ridley would be a nice character to reveal in a trailer. Has a certain cinematic quality to him. Would make a nice entrance flying in. Might show off graphics well.
He is graphically gorgeous, he always looks good, he's a villain character, and he's a BAMF. All of those characteristics are also held by Meta Knight.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Adam can go **** himself for making me go through a fire zone before saying, "Oh yeah, I forgot about you. Your in the heat zone I see. You should probably turn your heat shielding on. Now bow before my power, *****"

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
'You don't move untill I say so, and you don't fire untill I say so!'

Yeah Adam, screw you! Preferably with a Screw Attack in your face!

Anthony is leagues ahead of Adam. At least Anthony knows how to treat a lady. :cool:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
'Anthony is leagues ahead of Adam. At least Anthony knows how to treat a lady. :cool:
He also has style and knows subtlety.

If Ridley makes it in, do you think he will be the size of Bowser or slightly taller?

nessokman

Smash Lord
'You don't move untill I say so, and you don't fire untill I say so!'

Yeah Adam, screw you! Preferably with a Screw Attack in your face!

Anthony is leagues ahead of Adam. At least Anthony knows how to treat a lady. :cool:
Adam can go **** himself for making me go through a fire zone before saying, "Oh yeah, I forgot about you. Your in the heat zone I see. You should probably turn your heat shielding on. Now bow before my power, *****"
Sorry guys! Adam didn't authorize you to have opinion!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
oh yeah, of course you.

lanky and gypsy and grim lizard were all before me, but I'm pretty sure they're all banned. same with legolastom haha

its been a while since I've been called that xD
lanky wasn't banned. In fact he posted here around end-of-the-world day last month, but other than that yeah.

:p

Apparently someone said in a "leak" that Ridley would have an evolution system in his character. He would start of as Little Birdie and eventually grow into adult Ridley. Personally I wouldn't mind if this happened. Not optimal, but not bad.
Well at least that rumor wouldn't necessarily disconfirm the adult Ridley as being playable. Still, it would be annoying, especially in a 5-stock match or higher if you had to go back to using Birdy each time you died. As someone else mentioned, I'd rather have Birdy as a throwing item like Mr. Saturn! :troll:

And who would use Adam to troll this topi- *sees username*
Nevermind, carry on.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
How about a Little Birdie alt color? XD

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
A basically white or light gray colored space dragon? Could work I guess.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
In Fusion I guess he was more interesting because of the kind of mystery he had around him at the time, and I do consider that one of the high quality games mind you.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Every game after Metroid 2 minus Other M was high quality. Even then the "low quality" games were pretty good.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Adam didn't authorize smash to be shown at E3.iwata is gonna get it for this decision!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
In Fusion I guess he was more interesting because of the kind of mystery he had around him at the time, and I do consider that one of the high quality games mind you.
I was referring to Metroid Fusion as a VERY, VERY, VERY high quality game (in which he is physically dead... I think?), but not the other game Adam is in (Other M).
Every game after Metroid 2 minus Other M was high quality. Even then the "low quality" games were pretty good.
Other M was a good game, just not great. The same goes for Metroid Prime Pinball Metroid II IMO is a great game for its' time. Every other Metroid game IMO is a classic!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Was Adam really dead in Fusion though? I thought Samus just named her computer who gave her objectives Adam, but later it became apperant it actually WAS Adam? Implying he survived his sacrifice in Other M.

If he's really dead though, no worries. There's still MANthony. :cool:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
O D I N + samsrules93 + Diddy Kong + Johnknight1 + ChronoBound + PsychoIncarnate = 2007 status Ridley supporters.
I would also throw in Oasis_S, as a pre-Brawl era Ridley fan.

Its really says something. Ridley probably has the most Smash Bros. speculation veterans of any character fanbase. We Ridley fans have been waiting longer than for any other popularly requested character for Smash 4. Heck, at least one of us, has been wanting Ridley even before the release of Melee.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I would also throw in Oasis_S, as a pre-Brawl era Ridley fan.

Its really says something. Ridley probably has the most Smash Bros. speculation veterans of any character fanbase. We Ridley fans have been waiting longer than for any other popularly requested character for Smash 4. Heck, at least one of us, has been wanting Ridley even before the release of Melee.
I'd just like to put my name in there from the Pre-Brawl days. >.>

Those were good times, with all the Ridley thread closings. Yeah!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Was Adam really dead in Fusion though? I thought Samus just named her computer who gave her objectives Adam, but later it became apperant it actually WAS Adam? Implying he survived his sacrifice in Other M.

If he's really dead though, no worries. There's still MANthony. :cool:
It was programmed with Adam's personality.

Adam really died.

They say in Fusion they program their computers with the personality of fallen soldiers or something like that

Top Bottom