• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good afternoon fellow Space Pirates. I see everyone's reminiscing over their first time battling Super Metroid Ridley. Super Metroid Ridley's stupidely difficult if you don't focus and keep your cool, which can be hard to do as most of the time you can't see where he's coming in from and can't tell what attack he's going to do before he's already on top of you. However, Super Metroid Ridley is basically the only difficult Ridley battle in the 2D Metroid games...Neo-Ridley/Ridley X and Zero Mission Ridley are a freaking joke, Zero Mission Ridley especially. That battle doesn't usually last any more than a minute.

Last edited:

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
I found this in the rumors & leaks thread ,it's about the "villains&e-shop" thing :

"Oh my gosh what if the next direct showcased all those villains. Imagine it starts like a regular direct then the lights to out and I ways screams. Then the lights come on and all the Villains are all there. This time we would like to do something different. We are running the direct. First we have a special look at super smash bros also know as super smash villains. Cue trailer for their characters. Then they show off games staring them. This is how April's direct should to."

It would be great :D also because Ridley is one of them
it also explains why Masahiro didn't confirm anyone this month
I'll love if this its true, but I highly doubt it.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I only kind of prefer the Other M design cause it doesn't have that weird Jointed Neck

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
So I stumbled on this thread, and thought of sharing some pics I drew of Ridley interacting with the Smash environment.

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
#childmurderer
Child Murderer? Sure, Sure...Let's forget that the Galactic Federation massacred Ridley species and left him as the only survivor, alright?

Ridley wants payback to all humans.

Last edited:

Typs

Smash Cadet
Child Murderer? Sure, Sure...Let's forget that the Galactic Federation massacred Ridley species and left him as the only survivor, alright?
Is that canon? Because it gives him the same backstory as samus.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

O2A571_0D54EA215D648_000.gif

"..."

xD don't worry, this does not mean im sad again....

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Ridley doesn't actually have an official background history, other than him being leader of the Space Pirates and his role in massacring Samus's families (her birth parents and the adoptive Chozo).

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
:/ Oh, i wish i could draw something...or at least write something about Rid's backstory or the one of his corruption curse.....if it wasn't because i have to finish a cardboard snake that i will probably turn into Rayquaza or Quetzalcoatl....

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
RealTalk Really?
I come back and see the thread title changed to that? And a extra 5 or so pages to skim through do i really wanna know whats in them pages?

Wow man.....is this what not getting a char this month does to people?

LmAo......(-_-)

It's just my Signature.

HA. That was a very funny joke full of references that only I will get, but perhaps you will to by the end of this post. It began as a joke that I didn't know what the S in my name stood for. So I'd type my name out as Oasis_Scrotalwrinkles, for example. So eventually I just started bolding S's in general.
Wow.....all this time i thought they was a great meaning to it expecially how you kept it a secret from me when i asked you.....like a great story of strong meaning something i could maybr evrn learn from oneday........Wow.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

They will pay!... Even if it takes an eternity, they will pay, for I am the dragon, *insert name here*.

Sorry, had to do it.

Wow.....all this time i thought they was a great meaning to it expecially how you kept it a secret from me when i asked you.....like a great story of strong meaning something i could maybr evrn learn from oneday........Wow.....
:laugh: I got nothing to sum up how much that made me laugh.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Here's an idea...give Charles Martinet the chance to voice Ridley...because believe or not, Martinet's not unfamiliar with voicing dragons. :p

Yeah, I had no freaking idea this was a thing either but...yeah, Paarthunax and Mario have the same voice actor.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
"Samus, do you think love can bloom on the battlefield?"

Come to think of it, that was Otacon, and I'm thinking of when a fan asked David Hayter to say Otacon's lines instead lol.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I don't pay attention to this thread for a few days and we now have... uh... an new level on the weird scale.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We need more Pyrosphere pictures.

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
Hey everybody! Just wanted to drop in and leave my support. Been waiting for Ridley since I first saw the trailer for Melee at E3, and have been a firm believer that he'd eventually make it in since. Been checking in on this thread every so often, but haven't gotten to post because I forgot my account password I haven't had a chance.

PS: First thread post aside from PM bug reports! :kirby:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
It would only mean we'll have dodged one bullet though, but yeah.

Oh; welcome, QuickLava. Almost seems like we get new supporters every day here now.

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
We need more Pyrosphere pictures.
Correction: We need Pyrosphere pictures that gives us some actual info on how the stage works. We already have about twenty Pyrosphere pictures and we still know nothing.

Does it have a stage hazard of any kind? Dunno.

Does the lava rise and fall like previous Smash Bros. games? Dunno.

Is Ridley actually a stage hazard? or Meta Ridley? or Other M Ridley? Dunno.

:urg:

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
The rate of Ridley supporters making themselves known is much like the hatred in Ridley's heart.

It increases exponentially over time.
I also saw a CCD23 lurking here shortly ago, who caught my attention for a moment because of the manga Ridley avi and whatnot. Don't be shy new ones!

And pretty much Zynux. Just another random Pyrosphere pic or few isn't gonna change how any of us see Ridley now unless we get something more concrete as to his role or mention.

CCD23

Smash Cadet
Gilbert Gottfried should voice Ridley instead. :troll:
I would personally love it if he was voiced by David Hayter.
If Ridley does end up talking in Smash 4, I hope he's voiced by Norio Wakamoto in the Japanese version. (I prefer the Japanese versions of Smash over the English versions.)

Norio Wakamoto also did Cell in Dragon Ball Z...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHt3PZgk1M8&t=2m20s
(I would have used the forum's media feature, but it removes the part of the URL that links to a specific video time.)

^^ This is what Ridley would sound like during his Final Smash if he were to absorb Phazon and transform into Omega Ridley. :troll: (I saw a leak that said that Ridley was in the game and his Final Smash was "Omega Ridley".)

But on a more serious note, Norio Wakamoto's voice might be a bit deep for Ridley, considering he's sort of a skinny, almost reptilian-like creature. (Other than being mostly dragon-like.) So I could totally see him getting voice like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLXZYKPuaPM&t=0m13s

However, honestly, I doubt he will speak or get a voice, since he never talked in any of the games, only the manga. But who knows? Especially with Sakurai.

I'm a big Ridley supporter, by the way, if it wasn't obvious enough. :grin: I would be VERY VERY surprised if Ridley is not a playable character in Smash 4.

I also saw a CCD23 lurking here shortly ago, who caught my attention for a moment because of the manga Ridley avi and whatnot. Don't be shy new ones!
Wow, that's ironic. :D

I had been working on my post. I've been lurking the boards for about the last month or so, but I just decided to jump in. I've been planning to post about some things about Smash 4 I'd like to talk about, and so I've been working on making a signature I pieced together from the manga, but it looks like I'll need to resize...

The signature's intention is to show how much of an ass Ridley is to Samus in order to sort of show his personality (or his relationship with Samus, however you want to look at it) to those that aren't familiar with him when I post in other threads.

On that note, I was thinking about something the other day. Among all of the Nintendo villains, wouldn't you say that Ridley is at least the second most evil or dangerous villain? I'd say Ganondorf is a close competitor in those fields. The rest of the villains, including Bowser, really aren't that murderous or bloodthirsty...

Last edited:
Top Bottom