• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I wonder if Ridley's skin is armor-like or leathery. Other Ridley definitely seems leathery, but every other form seems like it would be tough and chitin-like.

...what does Ridley taste like? Lobster? Space lobster?

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Would Ridley really need a corset I mean geez his waist is killer as it is.

I wish I could figure out his measurements, lol. His chest measurement would be enormous thanks to his weirdo back hump.
:) if i was able to put Ridley into an Assassin's robes, i think i could find a way to put him into a maid's dress...without him looking so wierd with it

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
You know, what do you think the general consensus on Ridley's chances would be like if we got a stage based on Other M that wasn't the Pyrosphere? Back then, we still weren't entirely sure on how newcomers would be revealed or even hinted at. The fact that we got Mario Galaxy and Boxing Ring before Rosalina and Little Mac were respectively revealed tells us that newcomers will have a stage that is linked to them in some way.

I dunno about the rest of you, but if we didn't get the Pyrosphere my hopes for Ridley would have gone dimmer each passing month.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I wonder if Ridley's skin is armor-like or leathery. Other Ridley definitely seems leathery, but every other form seems like it would be tough and chitin-like.

...what does Ridley taste like? Lobster? Space lobster?
Well, Ridley is a pterosaur, correct? Or something along those lines, I think. So, that makes him something akin to a dinosaur, I suppose.

In that case, I think I can safely say that Ridley tastes like chicken.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
You know, what do you think the general consensus on Ridley's chances would be like if we got a stage based on Other M that wasn't the Pyrosphere? Back then, we still weren't entirely sure on how newcomers would be revealed or even hinted at. The fact that we got Mario Galaxy and Boxing Ring before Rosalina and Little Mac were respectively revealed tells us that newcomers will have a stage that is linked to them in some way.

I dunno about the rest of you, but if we didn't get the Pyrosphere my hopes for Ridley would have gone dimmer each passing month.
My hopes for Ridley would've either remained the same or maybe gone up a little bit if we didn't get Pyrosphere, personally. Speculating or supporting him definitely seemed/felt more fun before we got that stage at least, regardless of what the outcome with him ends up being.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I still have the feeling that if we didn't get Pyrosphere, then Ridley would most likely either remain a boss or get demoted to trophy status. To be frank, there really isn't any other place in Other M (or even arguably anywhere else besides Norfair) that could serve as a home stage for Ridley. At that point, I'd be worried that Anthony Higgs has a fighting chance.

EDIT: Oh, right, there's also the Pirate Homeworld for a potential home stage. I never played through all of Corruption, so I never got to that place.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I still have the feeling that if we didn't get Pyrosphere, then Ridley would most likely either remain a boss or get demoted to trophy status. To be frank, there really isn't any other place in Other M (or even arguably anywhere else besides Norfair) that could serve as a home stage for Ridley. At that point, I'd be worried that Anthony Higgs has a fighting chance.
I used to think he'd might remain a boss until learning that we weren't gonna be getting another SSE, essentially, and it's hard to see them taking a step back with him by demoting him to mere trophy status, but I guess anything's possible.

And uh, Pirate Homeworld says hi.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
:) if i was able to put Ridley into an Assassin's robes, i think i could find a way to put him into a maid's dress...without him looking so wierd with it
You've made Ridley's Creed? Would you mind reposting it?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Why can't this thread keep a consistent name for more than five minutes?

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Speaking of the thread title, I just watched Space Pirate Spring Break, Vol. 2.

Some of those Space Pirates sure are murderous sluts, I'll tell you what.

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
If anything, Pyrosphere definitely brought a lot more Ridley discussion into Smash Bros then before. Personally, I'm undecided if the Pyrosphere reveal helped or hurt Ridley's chances at being playable.

EDIT: Oh, right, there's also the Pirate Homeworld for a potential home stage. I never played through all of Corruption, so I never got to that place.
Lots of eye-numbing red and black everywhere. That, and it's just pretty boring area in general, just mainly industrial inspired and such. Personally hoping Pirate Homeworld doesn't get in for that reason, there are much better areas in Corruption that would be better Smash areans.

Why can't this thread keep a consistent name for more than five minutes?
To be in sync with Ridley's constant fluctuating size.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Pirate Homeworld could be very interesting, especially if it was like the 3DS Kid Icarus Uprising/Brawl's Castle Siege with the Galactic Federation and Space Pirates battling in the background, and/or have things like security drones with alarms going off.

Most people seem deadset on either Skytown or Phaaze as far as Prime 3 stage go, though.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
SCAN0133.JPG

:) well..here it is! Maidley and a maid Rabbid

Also...Sketchy as always...

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
@ IsmaR IsmaR Put that way, it could be interesting. Just really hope they take a different artistic approach to the level design. In Corruption the area really did hurt my eyes :laugh:

Soupenomics

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-6913-7316
I just got back to see what this thread has become.
I can't say I'm disappointed.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
*Confused by thread title*
*Sees bikini and maid Ridley*
23379605.jpg

Why
Oh WHY

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
i can see it now
the main strat ridley players will have in smash 4 is to have him use his secret taunt and put on a bikini which will blind / stunopponentsinnosebleed long enough for them to send them off the stage

the meta game has already been made prior to ridley's reveal, clearly the best smash character to date

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
If Sakurai realized how much he's hurting you, he would reveal Ridley's fate right away.
He isn't that evil, he just doesn't know the amount of pain he's causing to you people.

Mega Dunsparce

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3695-1145-1866
Warning Received
WTF? I'm gone for a month or two and this happens WHY?!?

Ridley is more of a dragon, for the facts that he breaths fire, his arms are separated from his wings, and he is more larger than usual pterosaur.
Ridley is indeed a dragon yet if someone were to draw an argument, it would make more sense if they were to compare him to a wvyern.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom