• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Not sure if this was brought up, but if you go on the eshop it says villains have taken over. Here are the villains:
image.jpg

(At the top you also have bowser, but I couldn't fit him into the pic)

lurxy

Smash Cadet
NNID
lurxylux
Switch FC
SW 7645 5399 8874
It is kind of wierd because this "villains take over" thing does not exist in Europe. I just checked and the eshop looks as always here...

But it is nice to see Ridley get the same attention as Bowser or Ganondorf.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
It is kind of wierd because this "villains take over" thing does not exist in Europe. I just checked and the eshop looks as always here...

But it is nice to see Ridley get the same attention as Bowser or Ganondorf.
Hmm. Ridley's fan/supporter base in America is the biggest of the major regions...

And Metroid II isn't list in games under his name because he wasn't in it...

The hinting Sakurai has done in the past...

Could all these mean something, BIG, is coming?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The villains have taken over the Nintendo eShop. The villains featured are Bowser, Ganondorf, Wario, Ridley and Dr. Willy. Basically each villain is just a category of games they're in.

Could that mean something is coming?
I doubt it means anything in regards to Smash specifically, but to me it shows why he needs to be in Smash. He is up there with the big guys, not even Nintendo can ignore that. Heck, he's representing villainy ahead of Dedede, if Sakurai leaves him out again they should make a villain section dedicated to Sakurai.

I'm a bit baffled by the inclusion of Wario though, since he hasn't really been a villain since his original appearance (and Brawl I guess.) Dr. Wily is pretty cool though.

Hmm. Ridley's fan/supporter base in America is the biggest of the major regions...
To be fair there aren't a lot of European Smash speculators. However, whenever I see some people discuss it over here, Ridley is very popular. Metroid Prime 3 was huuuge over here, outselling even the original Prime's European sales.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Oh I'm sure there is a sizable fanbase over there. But the fact remains that Metroid in general is most loved in America. Also our country is bigger then Japan or any individual European country (unless you count a chunk of Russia for some reason). So in this case it's rather fitting. ;)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Oh I'm sure there is a sizable fanbase over there. But the fact remains that Metroid in general is most loved in America. Also our country is bigger then Japan or any individual European country (unless you count a chunk of Russia for some reason). So in this case it's rather fitting. ;)
Of course, it was just to clear it up that it's not America vs The World when it comes to Ridley.

Last edited:

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
With all of the villain stuff I do think that we will get a new character today; but I'm not sure if it will be Ridley or not, unfortunately.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Of course, it was just to clear it up that it's not America vs The World when it comes to Ridley.
"But of course it is! 'Merica is better the everything else! Now then, I'm gonna eat a dozen hamburgers and watch football 'cause that's what 'Mericans do!"

That was my stereotypical arrogant American impression. ;)

Heck, I hate football, well our version anyway. Why we don't call it "handball" or something is beyond me...

So...Ridley. Yeah...

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Soooo, what are the possibilities that Ridley will be the next newcomer revealed in the Nintendo Direct? Somehow, I doubt Palutena will be the one because something tells me the leak might push her back a couple months, and there's also the matter of Pyrosphere. There are people who are still 100% convinced that Ridley's a stage element, and to reveal him now (coupled with this eShop thing which might be grasping for straws) would be one of the best opportunities to take us by storm.

I think it all settles down to when the Nintendo Direct will air. If it's going to be at a time during North America's waking hours, then I'm strongly expecting Ridley. If not, then it'll probably someone else.

lurxy

Smash Cadet
NNID
lurxylux
Switch FC
SW 7645 5399 8874
"But of course it is! 'Merica is better the everything else! Now then, I'm gonna eat a dozen hamburgers and watch football 'cause that's what 'Mericans do!"

That was my stereotypical arrogant American impression. ;)

Heck, I hate football, well our version anyway. Why we don't call it "handball" or something is beyond me...

So...Ridley. Yeah...
Well if that is so, I will eat sausages and drink beer now. And maybe I will wear my leather pants and will yodle a little song.
Okay, enough with the stereotypes already.

I am sometimes wondering if balancing Ridley would be pretty hard. I mean, he is a big target, so he has to endure some hits and he has to be something like a fast airgame powerhouse. But because of his size he also has to be heavier than most of the other characters..

I sometimes wonder how they would balance somebody like him without making him overpowered or underpowered. And that is really the only problem I see with him being playable.

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
Not sure if this was brought up, but if you go on the eshop it says villains have taken over. Here are the villains:
View attachment 10976
why did they use his NES sprite ? the other characters have 3D models or artworks .... MAYBE NINTENDO IS TELLING US THEY WILL USE HIS NES HEIGHT IN SSB4 :awesome:

btw it kills the "Ridley's not important for Nintendo" argument :chuckle:

Last edited:

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
jesus christ, the fact that ridley gets in before dedede with the whole eshop take over as a villain. especially since the kirby games that are on the e-shop still have dedede in his villain role

this is big, maybe not smash related directly; but the fact that ridley is seen as the villain of metroid series shows how important he is to nintendo.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Villains take over? Ridley is shown with the other major villains. And they even got Dr. Wily. Ridley and Dr. Wily confirmed. Seriously though, that's pretty cool. It this some kind of sale on old school games?

UltimateWario

Smash Master
View attachment 10976
The hell did they use Ridley's stupid Metroid 1 look? Everyone else got art and Ridley gets the worst possible sprite ever. :urg:

-sigh- At least he's getting mentioned alongside the likes of Ganon and Bowser, like he should be.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
"Does Ridley need to come back?" *laughs*

"There are no dragons in this game." *laughs*
Meanwhile GameFAQs and opinionated bloggers are going to rant at the people who want Ridley in the new Metroid game, telling them that the new Space Ninjas are the new hip thing. "Ridley was just a generic dragon anyways, the new space mantis is waaaay cooler!"

Last edited:

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Soooo, what are the possibilities that Ridley will be the next newcomer revealed in the Nintendo Direct? Somehow, I doubt Palutena will be the one because something tells me the leak might push her back a couple months, and there's also the matter of Pyrosphere. There are people who are still 100% convinced that Ridley's a stage element, and to reveal him now (coupled with this eShop thing which might be grasping for straws) would be one of the best opportunities to take us by storm.

I think it all settles down to when the Nintendo Direct will air. If it's going to be at a time during North America's waking hours, then I'm strongly expecting Ridley. If not, then it'll probably someone else.
Here's the thing we may very well get some sort of "concrete" info by or before E3 and if it's not a direct character reveal a playable Pyrosphere will probably tell us all.

Sakurai could have been setting us up for a character reveal as far back as the Pyrosphere's reveal and during the next Nintendo Direct or E3 Ridley very well could get revealed. Or if it turns out he will be a secret character or held hidden from us a little longer a playable Pyrosphere at E3 or Comicon could very well show us if he's a stage hazard or not.

So yeah, bottom line expect some telling Ridley evidence to come to light by this E3 or sooner.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Here's the thing we may very well get some sort of "concrete" info by or before E3 and if it's not a direct character reveal a playable Pyrosphere will probably tell us all.

Sakurai could have been setting us up for a character reveal as far back as the Pyrosphere's reveal and during the next Nintendo Direct or E3 Ridley very well could get revealed. Or if it turns out he will be a secret character or held hidden from us a little longer a playable Pyrosphere at E3 or Comicon could very well show us if he's a stage hazard or not.

So yeah, bottom line expect some telling Ridley evidence to come to light by this E3 or sooner.
Ridley just wasn't complete enough to be shown in the Pyrosphere, if anything it proves how hard it is to program him in the game, just imagine how much harder he would be to made him playable, even at it's real size.
Ridley is never going to happen you d*** Metroid i****.

I can see it already ^^'

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm not expecting news about Ridley anytime soon, at best we'll see Pyrosphere at an E3 demo. I've said why quite a number of times now, but it basically boils down to Pac-Man and/or Mii drawing more publicity at E3, and Ridley being a big reason why many of us are following Smash 4 so tightly, meaning it'd be beneficial to keep him at bay for as long as possible.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Ridley just wasn't complete enough to be shown in the Pyrosphere, if anything it proves how hard it is to program him in the game, just imagine how much harder he would be to made him playable, even at it's real size.
Ridley is never going to happen you d*** Metroid i****.

I can see it already ^^'
Hahaha. I'm surprised Brawl's Boss Ridley wasn't regarded as some crowning achievement for technical wizardry in video games.

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664

Bikini Day Submission.....Samus's reaction sums up almost every comment in the Miiverse Post.
P.S: Look at Ridley's tail near the tip...He is wearing a ribbon.....Ridley's going all-out on this meme.

Last edited:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I got the bikini from walmart for really cheap and really cute everyone else should go out to walmart and buy their summerwear now too while the deals are hot.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
The hell did they use Ridley's stupid Metroid 1 look? Everyone else got art and Ridley gets the worst possible sprite ever. :urg:

-sigh- At least he's getting mentioned alongside the likes of Ganon and Bowser, like he should be.
Probably because the original Metroid is the only thing from the series that's on the 3DS e-shop, so it makes sense to show that version of Ridley on there. As for Metroid II, it's on the 3DS virtual console anyway, aside from Ridley not being in the game as mentioned.

Like I had said though, it's a sad reminder of how lacking Metroid stuff is on the e-shops. At the very least, why not have Super Metroid on the 3DS, since they got it on the Wii & Wii U e-shops? Then they probably would've used his Super Metroid look for the "villains taking over the e-shop" thing which would've been better. I'm fine with what we got though.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
:3 i hope i get some more ideas to draw Ridley....since i have seen many Ridley on a bikini images today.....i will think on something else...it was too much for my poor sight to handle....xD Im kidding....Any ideas?

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I'm a bit baffled by the inclusion of Wario though, since he hasn't really been a villain since his original appearance (and Brawl I guess.) Dr. Wily is pretty cool though.
Well i guess since hes usually up to no good and greedy that counts towards it i suppose. I dont see him as much of a villain myself either, but he definitely has the infamy to be up there with them. Glad ridley is up there as well, the main big boys seem to all be accounted for.

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
:3 i hope i get some more ideas to draw Ridley....since i have seen many Ridley on a bikini images today.....i will think on something else...it was too much for my poor sight to handle....xD Im kidding....Any ideas?

Well I'm just putting this out there, but how about you combine all of the previous ones and make a bikini Ridley driving in Mario cart while being attacked by chickens?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Well I'm just putting this out there, but how about you combine all of the previous ones and make a bikini Ridley driving in Mario cart while being attacked by chickens?
xD OMG....you killed me! I think i could do it if i don't laugh too much.....

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Would Ridley really need a corset I mean geez his waist is killer as it is.

I wish I could figure out his measurements, lol. His chest measurement would be enormous thanks to his weirdo back hump.

Last edited:
Top Bottom