• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
What's wrong with MOM Ridley? :3
....I thought Ridley was a dude...

but seriously he's too upright, and not hunched over. also spikes. and duckface.

the not-being-crouched-over thing is the worst, and duckface is second worst.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
MOM is Metroid: Other M.

Bowser is also upright in this game, so why can't Ridley be upright in Other M? :]

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I drew this picture a few days ago, and I thought, "Why not? I'll show off my drawing here!"

So here it is!

That is really good and I hope that they use this design because it just looks so much more menacing but I still like all the other designs just prefer this one.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
M2A571_0D565694BB846_001.gif

This gif shows how i have been for the past few days.....i haven't been in the mood to draw because i recently lost my beloved great grandmother...

i hope that i soon feel in the mood to draw again....im sorry for now

Last edited:

Soupenomics

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-6913-7316
;'c i know it is suppoused to be funny but.....in the hard situation i am now after losing someone really close to me....i feel it like a bad joke....

and i know it is Ridley....but not like that.....please
Oh man, I am really sorry, I didn't see your post before uploading that. I didn't mean anything distasteful by it.

AndreaAC

Oh man, I am really sorry, I didn't see your post before uploading that. I didn't mean anything distasteful by it.
:( it is Ok....im kinda sensitive because of my loss....i know you didn't mean anything distasteful....

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
View attachment 10302

This gif shows how i have been for the past few days.....i haven't been in the mood to draw because i recently lost my beloved great grand mother...

I'm so sorry about your Great-Grandmother, my best wishes to you and your family. :(

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
For one week, a picture should be revealed of a different Ridley body part taking up most of a frame each day.

AndreaAC

I'm so sorry about your Great-Grandmother, my best wishes to you and your family. :(
Thank you, really....that's why i love to be on this site....it cheers me up a little.

and i will be drawing Ridley again soon i hope....

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Ridley should be the last one to unlock.
I think that title should go to someone else like Sukapon, Diskun or something. You know something quirky, obscure and out of the blue like Mr. Game and Watch back in the Melee days.

But yeah, I think Ridley would be one of the last characters to be unlocked, being more comparable to Mewtwo back in Melee.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think a character that was already in the game or a quirky one would be more disappointing than unlocking a plasma-breathing dragon. People who don't even know who or what he is will desperately want to unlock him.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
View attachment 10302

This gif shows how i have been for the past few days.....i haven't been in the mood to draw because i recently lost my beloved great grand mother...

Hey. If you need to talk to someone, don't hesitate to send me a PM. :)

Last edited:

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Can anyone voice their opinion against this guy posting on my picture? He's using subjective examples about why Ridley can't be playable. I've tried and I'm too stubborn to not let him get overwhelmed by logic.

zlCfzRl9KbIsXi_c_I.png

Look up Romancedawn or Caterkiler. You'll see the guy. A few extra logical and pro Ridley arguments would be appreciated.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Can anyone voice their opinion against this guy posting on my picture? He's using subjective examples about why Ridley can't be playable. I've tried and I'm too stubborn to not let him get overwhelmed by logic.

View attachment 10309

Look up Romancedawn or Caterkiler. You'll see the guy. A few extra logical and pro Ridley arguments would be appreciated.
I don't talk to those types of people.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Ridley should be the last one to unlock.
No, if Ridley were to be unlocked he should be the second-to-last guy, like how he's normally presented as the penultimate climax boss in the Metroid series.

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
View attachment 10302

Sorry for your loss....May your great grandmother find peace

AndreaAC

Sorry for your loss....May your great grandmother find peace
Thank you...i must cheer up again soon, so she knows that im happy for her because she is in a better place now....

I will be drawing again soon i hope....it may be Ridley again i think....

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
View attachment 10302

This gif shows how i have been for the past few days.....i haven't been in the mood to draw because i recently lost my beloved great grandmother...

Oh my, that's very saddening. :( My condolences and prayers to you and your family. May your dear grandmother be at peace.

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
Yes. Ridley 2nd to last and Mewtwo last.
hey cpt. :)
how many toobigots are there in your video's comments ?

btw I'm still working on that Miiverse collage ,if you want to send me some of your Ridley's Miiverse drawings you welcome :)

D

Deleted member

You all have probably gone over this before, but how do you imagine Ridley will work in the air? Will he have a glide, or a hover, and will he be able to use his classic aerial grab? I'm thinking it'll be a similar case as Meta Knight, only more vertical than horizontal, with no broken Mach Tornado. If he used aerials similar to Bowser's forward aerial or other vicious clawing type attacks, that'd give him an excellent aerial presence.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
He should have Mach Tornado, AND shine. The fans will surely not be disappointed when their characters ends up being Cunning-God-of-Death tier, and most likely break the game by his mere presence. Fits the character, don't you agree?

Top Bottom