• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Meh, the animations look a bit stiff and jerky to me. Also, not a fan of him floating on the ground.
I'd probably rather him float on the ground like that than for him to be slow and lanky while walking, personally.

I don't like the b special, it seems a little too cheap to fit in. The up special seems too good as a recovery, I think the down special should be changed to b special, and get a new move for down, such as a directional shockwave with fire damage, like what Meta Ridley has. His side special seems a little useless.
The grapples were cool, same with the aerials, a attacks, smash attacks, and dash attack.
The final smash was cool, I just thought he would have a stage wide attack, instead of a single opponent, maybe like the pirate troop carriers, or an attack where all the forms come in.

:phone:
How is the B special too cheap? Didn't seem overpowered or anything to me. The up special was basically like Meta Knight's from what I remember. Wouldn't mind a shockwave though but his side special like I said, is potentially cheap for edge-guarding or edge-hogging. Otherwise, yeah. Probably useless.

Like it was with a lot of the characters in Brawl, I think final smashes should leave at least some or a little room to escape from. If Ridley's was stage wide then I'm not sure how I could see it being possible to avoid in any way.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Well it seems like you could spam it and rack up damage from a range with no charge up. Also I think it prevented them from going forward.
If it fired bursts that would be good. But a continual stream seems cheap.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Well it seems like you could spam it and rack up damage from a range with no charge up. Also I think it prevented them from going forward.
If it fired bursts that would be good. But a continual stream seems cheap.

I thought that too, but the final rendition only racked small bits of damage. The earlier ones were far more powerful in the beta testing from what I could see.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah. It's just like with any other move in Brawl where it gradually gets weaker when you use it repeatedly.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Just played through the first mode of metroid blast on nintendo land, my friend got a wii U. last boss is ridley. was a fun fight. he flies around, bombs stuff, the works.

The first boss, Kraid, was actually a little more fun though xD. When you shoot a charge shot, it turns into a bomb that you have to lob. You had to lob like 30 of them into a hoop in Kraid's mouth, it was like a carnival game, with lava.

but yeah, ridley's even getting attention on the wii u.

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Dope Ridley, obviously a possiblity for smash 4 if it's possible in the lower technological frames of brawl. However, I know that the animation fixes will happen, but he's WAY TOO FAST

I'd be sick if someone from Nintendo straight up watched DataDrain's video and was just like. "Alright, Ridley is clearly a shoe-in. There's no point of even second-guessing it, he's going to be the first villain represented in the trailer" BAM! :)

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
The one who made the latest Ridley Brawl hack video we were just talking about.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Oh wow. That's by far the best Ridley hack I've ever seen.

All Hail Datadrain02 (-_-)

I Hope Sonic is in the trailer fighting with people just to re-assure peepz that hes back.

Also how would you expect Ridley to be shown in the trailer?

doing what? with who? when?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Colonel Mustard with the Lead Pipe in the Kitchen. That's what I expect at E3 in regards to your question.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
All Hail Datadrain02 (-_-)

I Hope Sonic is in the trailer fighting with people just to re-assure peepz that hes back.

Also how would you expect Ridley to be shown in the trailer?

doing what? with who? when?

Well, if Ridley's in the reveal, I assume it'll be a little him vs samus thing, like in the melee opening, but then they'll pause brawl style and be all like 'RIDLEY'

But I'm personally of the opinion that he'll be unlockable. just my thought on the matter.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I want to see Ridley battling Palutena in the trailer. Metroid and Kid Icarus were created by the same team and it could be like a rivalry.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
i Think it should show Mario beating up samus then Fox flies past in his airwing samus uses her grapple beam on the airwing to escape then Ridley flies outta no where !! YEAHHHHH !!!! (-_-)

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
guy tried to argue with me on Youtube that Ridley can't be in Smash for 2 reasons

1: he's to big.
2: he's just a big stupid dragon creature with no personality.

I laughed at him on both accounts.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Was it on the comments on the latest Brawl hack video or some other vid? Regardless, lol.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ah. Well I remember like one uploader of a Ridley hack vid ended up disabling comments because of the arguments on whether or not he would work getting out of hand.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The funny thing about the size argument, however, is that people seem to forget about Kraid, who is way bigger than Ridley.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Also the fact that Ridley was only about 2 or 3 pixels taller than Samus in the original Metroid, that he changes sizes many times, and even in Brawl he apparently is different sizes (Meta Ridley is significantly smaller than actual Ridley.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Also the fact that Ridley was only about 2 or 3 pixels taller than Samus in the original Metroid, that he changes sizes many times, and even in Brawl he apparently is different sizes (Meta Ridley is significantly smaller than actual Ridley.
if that's the case, then I don't think size matters anymore (I am looking at you, Koopa King and Olimar).

as long as they can make Ridley playable, many fans will be satisfied for sure. And don't really care for him, but he's a deserving well-known character. Plus, he's a villain.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
size was never an issue IMO. its just a weak argument. hell take into account things like Samus is actually over 6 feet tall in yet Pikachu being a little more than a foot high is at her waist level.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
The funny thing about the size argument, however, is that people seem to forget about Kraid, who is way bigger than Ridley.
True True But but no one is requesting Kraid to be a playable char and also.

If you think about it properly the whole ''Big'' Thing needs to be vanished/thrown out the window and should atleast be replaced by ''Awkward''

I see Ridleys ''Awkward'' Character proportions more of a hurt to him then his Size.

But then again how they made great comfortable natural feeling movesets for

Falcon
Mewtwo
Fox

Is incredible seriously if they tried and cared almost ANY char could work as a playable char in Smash trust me.

D

Deleted member

I really fail to see how Ridley would be awkward since all his frame is is a skinny Charizard with longer legs.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sakurai should just go ahead and make Ridley a Charizard clone. :troll:

Maybe if they could tweak Ridley's design a little bit, they could make him less awkward, I guess...

D

Deleted member

Explain how Ridley is any more "awkward" than Charizard considering they have a similar body frame and limb set.
Until there is logic involved, there is no opinion, there is fact that there is hardly any difference between Charizard and Ridley.

The only major difference between Charizard and Ridley is JUST like Bowser and his Giga Bowser counterpart; long legs. If Giga Bowser was more like his Melee self, he'd easily work as a character despite his size and long leg difference.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe Palutena is better than the sudden interest in She Hulk though. Now THAT is random

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
The only way i see Ridley being awkward us if they make him long with lint neck and tail making a large target
A enemy behind, in front and above could rack up damage

D

Deleted member

Mewtwo's tail in Melee was longer than its hitbox aside from when he attacked with it.
I'm sure Ridley would be no exception.

Top Bottom