• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh man, what if no one took Samus seriously.

"AND BOWSER KIDNAPPED PEACH. YOU THINK YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE HURT HERE? YOU THINK YOU'RE SPECIAL?"

It would be a funny running gag only with tears instead of laughter.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"And K. Rool stole my Banana's. Get in line.

...She was better when she was a silent protagonist"

D

Deleted member

Ridley isn't stupid.
If he sees that he needs Samus in order to keep his sorry hide alive, he'll refrain from attacking her. At least until he no longer needs her.

Samus, on the other hand, hard to say. She might have the same mindset in that if Ridley is needed alive to bring down the bigger threat, so be it.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That's true. Still though, in a group of like 50 characters they'd probably just rather ignore each other.

PLUS, always thought the idea of Samus riding on Ridley's back would be super awesome.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
(This took me like 4 Hours to bloody write hope you enjoy its not that..great but if i was on a PC i coulda wrecked it)

Ganondorf Is plotting some ultra evil plan (tellme something new (-_-) lol)
To capture everyone or steal something..havent thought of the plan exzactly because its not really important its what happens is cool.

So Ganondorf Starts looking to recruit people for his ultra evil alliance He is monitoring everyone with cameras like he was in SSE.

He sees a Familar Face on one of his monitors in a big castle surrounded by hot lava and burning volcanos on the monitor and it he laughs to see that it was the foo he lied to before to work for him he thought it would be a good place to starr.

He proccess the cordinates to the castle from the monitor and sets of to the castle by horse. Ganon arrives at the castle he knocks on the large castle door. He heres a loud roar.

Ganon looks upto see a weired small being on flying on a broom fly over the castle wall it was wearing a blue robe and clear circle glasses Ganon was prepeared for combat as he saw thst the being was equipped with some sort of weapon looked like a staff/rod.

The being looked at Ganon the flew back into the castle. Ganon stood there Not knowing what to expect leaned on the door and put his ear to it and heard what sound like a conversation...

Suddenly the door swang wide open and ganondorf fell to the flaw he grunted as he layed on the flaw and looked up..

He saw a Huge monster with a big shell with spikes emanting from it!

Ganon said join me will can rule the world The Monster roared and pointed his finger to the side Ganon looked to the side as he saw dozens of Turtles and brown mushroom things pushing Ganon back out side the castle door.

The monster stepped outside his castle and laughed and Banged the doors close.

Ganondorf decides to returns to his castle to maybe rest and re-think his plans because hes getting no luck.. he was pretty shocked that the monster was not as stupid as he was before..

As ganondorf enters his lair he finds something real strange, off.. he sees glass smashed and items tipped over..Ganondorf rages as he runs to his main observation deck as he gets closer he heres sadistic grunting and sleezy breathing.

When Ganondorf reaches the observation floor and the grunts and whaling are getting louder! He approaches the corner of the room he sees a massive winged dragon like shadow.

Who ever has broken into ganondorfs lair is in his monitor room! he quickly turns the corner to see a Large Dragon like Creature with Gleaming eyes and a long tail that ended with a sharp blade. The Dragon Turns to face Ganon and Roars loudly but Ganondorf doesnt scare Ganondorf Reaches for his sword pulls it out a Large puff of Dark Magic veil runs down his sword the dragon quickly shoot fireballs at Ganondorf Ganon blocks it with his sword reflecting the fire balls to the wall creating a little explosion breaking parts of the concrete wall and creating alotta dust.

[The dragon then Quickly Snatches a Disc that was in
monitor and flies through a Window and escapes from ganons lair.

As Ganon recovers eyesight and Awarness shocked as to what happens he notices the drive open in one of his monitors.
He looks and sees on the screen it reads ''Download Complete 100/'' He realises that what ever That Dragon thing was Downloaded cordinates of one the monitors that had information on the location of someone ganondorf was watching he Presses [Back] lol and Sees on the monitor screen a Large futuristic spaceship stationed in a big field he saw a A womem in red and orange armor exit the spaceship.

Thinking nothing of it but angered but yet shocked of the tendancies and intelligence of that Creature he encountered. Ganon realises he is not alone and they are things out there just as fearless as him but he wasent about to give up.

Ganon starts searching for new Allies and Sees A Large Penguin with a massive mallet sitting in a field rubbing his belly. on his monitor he laughs and thinks of how easy and powerless this being will be under his command he sets of on his horse to capture the penguin.

As he travels fast across the land he hears a loud roar ganon looks up but blinded by the strong sun light he sees just large wings. The dragon had returnes! It swooped down and catches ganon taking him far in to the air flying very fast.

Ganon goes nuts His eyes Fill bright yellow and
A dark disturbing purple veil surrounds him the Beast Roars and contiunes to pull ganondorf further. Ganon pulls his sword out and Stabs The Dragon. The Beast screams in pain and drops Ganon! falling from the sky very fast he falls straight through a secret layer of soil. A thin Layer of fake soil.
Ganon hits the ground wounded he gasps.. as it is very dark and is unaware of his location he seems to have fallen in a dark cave..

Ganon gets up and starts to find a exit to the cave he ingintes his hand in Dark magic to act as a candle.

He as hes exploring the cave he senses great evil lies within here but unscared ganon continues searching. Ganon notices the weired egyption symbols on a wall they are symbols he has never seen before and only intrigues him more to continue. Ganon drew tired of wondering this myserrious cave seemed to be full of twisting turns and mimiced a maze like pattern.

Ganon stops to rest and regain his breath he suddenly hears a voice very quickly say ''Turn back!'!

Ganon shakes his head distorted and exhausted from all the walking he assumed he was just hearing things.

Ganon travelled through the caves it was very tire some every room of the cave looked identical to the last with small dark burrows as doors.

Each borrow seemed to be marked with more symbols that looked like alphabet letters but were thick and black they also looked like Creatures?

Ganon finally sees a Borrow that has light shining through he runs towards it.
and comes across a Large plain with a Small lake and in the distant across the lake was a large dark opening almost 5x bigger then the other openings he has seen. Ganon thinks ''were the hell am i? ''How big is this cave!?''

Ganon grows impatient and sees the Dark hole as being a exit maybe..
He uses his Magic to fly across the Small lake and approaches the Dark hole opening.
He *Gasps* then enters...

It is twice as dark here then it was outside he suddenly hears a moan..Ganon Turns extremely fast looks behind him and sees nothing. He then hears a voice in his head.

it is very quick and distort Say ''Leave this place''
Ganon shakes his head rapidly with a startled expression.and remembers the voice he heard earlier..he was sure that the voice he heared before was a voice he heared! not a voice in his head..

He shouts ''Show yourself weakling!''

Ganon walks a couple more steps he clinchs his fist and puts his right hand on his sword.

Ganon hears another voice in his head this time it is more clear and loud it echoed through his head causing his head to ache it said ''LEAVE THIS PLACE for your safety''

Ganon laughs in disbelief he continues to walk forward he sees a figure standing in the darkest corner he approaches the figure as he takes his next step he heres another voice in his head it says ''Why are you here Ganondorf?''

Ganon *Gasps* in disbelief in how this thing knows his name!

Ganon *Gasps* and shouts ENOUGH !! and pulls his sword out and lets loose a blinding light of dark magic that lights the whole area. Standing there poised in position and ready to strike the Figure. The Myserious Figure Ganon looked at the Figure closely it looked like some sort of creature none like i have ever seen before..The Creature remained facing the wall unphased not scared it didnt seem to care of Ganons pressence.

Ganon SHOUTS.

''WHO ARE YOU ! FOOL you dare to play with me!! kneel before me creature then i may let yoy live''

The creature doesnt answer Respond or move and remains still just staring into the dark corner....

Ganon takes Another step forward the Creature Silently grunts and moans. Ganon heres a another voice In his head it says.

''I forsee your agenda your ignorance your lust for power..sigh..i was once the same....tell me what do you hope to accomplish?''

Ganon Grows very angry and tired of the mindgames he rushes towards the mysterious creature sword in hand the Creature quickly projects a bight blue barrier that reflects Ganondorf far back Ganon staggers to regain balance.

Ganon becomes speechless to how this creature is talking and defending without facing him..

The Creatures eyes light up again and ganon heres in his heard.

''Pfftt..Feeble being you can not harm me''

The Creature eyes widened it forsaw another attack the creature extended its thin bone like arms. It Pushed its 3 bulky fingers together and began to charge what looked like a Small ball of darkness that rapidly began to grow in size.

Ganon Surrounds his body in dark magic and rushes towards the Creature.The creature through the dark myserious ball of energy over his shoulded behind him. Ganon rushed through the energy ball and continued to charge towards the creature. right before impact The Creature creates a a sharp light and completely disseapers. ganon crashes into the wall and whales in pain.. The Creature re-appears infront of Ganon.

Ganon uses his Dark Magic powers to drain the creatures power and to imobolize it! The creature moans raises a Single arm its eyes turn dark blue it pushes together its 3 fingers and lifts ganon in to the air and brings him face to face with it .

The creature uses it Psychic abilities to start to choke ganondorf. Ganon unable to move starts sweating and whaling in pain the creature looks ganon in the face its eyes turn blue.

Ganon in shock of instantly being in the pressence of this creature.

Ganon heres in his voice ''I know what it is you seek i know your intentions i know your agenda i heared you coming from the moment you stepped foot in this cave''

The Creature reduces its mental chole hold on ganon but continues to keep him levitated.

Ganon says ''who are you? what are you doing down here''

Ganon then thinks in his mind ''This creature is very powerfull when i get him in my alliance i will be unstoppable''

Ganon heres in his voice ''I am something that was not meant to be..i was lied to..decieved..i care not for the selfish agendas of these vile humans that betrayed me. Humans that used me HUMANS THAT CREATED ME!! Why should i help humans..''

Ganon was gobsmacked with the creatures powers and how it is reading his mind!!,

Ganon Felt The creatures powers start to soften maybe with the conversation flowing caused a distraction.

Ganon Used all his power and might yelled and broke free of the creatures mental stun.

Ganon Through a large punch surrounded in dark magic towards the creature The creature in a blink of a eye Disseapered Before impact.

The Creature re-appeared behind Ganondorf Ganon turned around to face the creature. The Creature eyes turned Bright Blue with a very strong glow the cave started to shake and Ganon stumbled to re-,,gain balance

The Crearure moaned the cave began to collaspe the creature looked at ganon and ganon heared ''You have seen me you have seen where i am.. you cannot leave now''

And a bright light engulfed the whole area a blinding flash and ganons mind went blank..

Ganon was unconcious..
Ganon eyes began to open slightly as a he opened his eyes he gasped in sudden scare at his own reflection? there was a mirror infront of him when ganon looked into the mirror he saw himself with large penmarks across his face and beard humorous sketched facial features were drawn on his face.. he smashed the mirror with a mighty blow of his fist as he he heared giggling and caught a glimpse of a round Pink Thing slip into the tall grass the thing giggled as it ran and put the lid back on its pen.

Ganon found himself in a large field full of grass.

Ganons memory seemed to have been whiped clean
~ THE END ~
(-_-) LOL Mid ending like lord of the rings lol. *

:phone:

Name the 9 Secret characters in my story!

Also please rate it out of 10.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
"Who hasn't eaten your parents, Samus"
Ooh BURN! Which is also a pun within itself, as he probably burned them to death.
Also i could see him doing something like in the avengers, where everyone is just standing there, they have beaten the boss, and Samus is standing next to ridley, and he just reaches with his tail, and like throws her backwards or something and no one notices.

And i am not going to read that entire essay thing, i just dont want to.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Lucas just comes up to Samus.

"It ate your parents? Is that all?" and walks away.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Wait i just read it.
Terrible.
Whatever you did it on, well then maybe a comma or two would have helped.
I stopped reading after he is fighting whatever the hell that creature was.
You are showing Ganon,, like Other M Samus. Weak.
Also he cant fly. Thats not the magic he has. He has the tri force of power not the tri force of do whatever the hell you want.
Also i only saw like 5. Samus, Ridley, Bowser, Dedede, and i think that was Kamek, plus whatever that creature was makes six. And if the wheezing and sadism was someone else i can only think Wario.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Wait i just read it.
Terrible.
You say you did it on a PC, well then maybe a comma or two would have helped.
I stopped reading after he is fighting whatever the hell that creature was.
You are showing Ganon,, like Other M Samus. Weak.
Also he cant fly. Thats not the magic he has. He has the tri force of power not the tri force of do whatever the hell you want.

I done it all on my phone not the PC i could have done it better a computer..

But yeah soo many spelling mistakes... i just read through it all its pretty hard to make sense
of..

And yh...I dont know LoZ series..i should get into it. and yh i did make Ganon look weak my bad..i only have knowledge of

Series i have knowledge of:
Mario
Metroid
DK
Pokemon

Series i dont:
LoZ
Starfox
Kirby
Fire emblem
Mother
Punch out
Kid Icarus

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
My brother is a LoZ fan, and has played ocarina, twilight, skyward, hourglass, and maybe another. So i know of zelda. Kirby isnt hard to understand, there really isnt that much in depth story there. But i havent played some of the newer ones though. I played the nintendo 64 star fox, so i got the basis. I know nothing of the rest.
But i say that of the brawl roster, the ridley-samus relationship is more complex than any of other characters in brawl and their villain. At least to my knowledge.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
My brother is a LoZ fan, and has played ocarina, twilight, skyward, hourglass, and maybe another. So i know of zelda. Kirby isnt hard to understand, there really isnt that much in depth story there. But i havent played some of the newer ones though. I played the nintendo 64 star fox, so i got the basis. I know nothing of the rest.
But i say that of the brawl roster, the ridley-samus relationship is more complex than any of other characters in brawl and their villain. At least to my knowledge.

Hmm yh..naa its just that the series i said i dont have knowledge of are the ones i havent even played or finished a single game in..

As far as LoZ i used to play 4 Swords on GC with friends lol that was jokes very fun.

And i have played and Finshed Phantom hourglass i loved it! That was my first true LoZ experience it made me buy Spirit tracks but it wasent as good..and i gave up on the last boss..he was very annoying...it was some sort of big colourful lion...

And that somes up my LoZ career..but when i get a 3DS ima pick OOT remake for sure.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
I might argue Fox and Wolf if I knew more, but I don't. So I won't.

Samus and Ridley definitely have a complex relationship, more so than just hero-villain or even a rival relationships, its both with even more.

Zelda gets complicated but thats only in understanding the timeline and how things fit together that way

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
True, true. Still had a miserable life. Poor guy...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm going to repost this from a long time ago to make a point because of that post

Fake HTML on purpose.

Ridley for SM4SH you say?

[Facepalm][/Facepalm]

If you look up "Too Big" in the Urban Dictionary, you get Ridley.

Now why is Ridley too big for Smash?

Because he's very large. That's why.

Super Tall and weighs a lot.

If he was shorter and weighed less, than maybe he could make it into Smash. I mean, look at Olimar, he's like an inch tall. I'm going to use Olimar as the staple character for height and weight measurements for the rest of this discussion.

Compare this image to Samus

He's twice as big. And Samus is as big as Bowser. Everyone knows Bowser is 10 feet tall, or larger. That makes Ridley 1 Billion Feet Tall. He wouldn't even fit on the screen. Or, if they put him on the screen and made everything else proportional, than you wouldn't even be able to see any of the other characters.

I give you another image of Sakurai TRYING to put Ridley in Brawl

See, he didn't even fit in the template properly. Sakurai did a good job changing him to a boss character, because he seems to fit the boss template A LOT better

In conclusion, Ridley simply won't be able to fit on the screen. If you disagree, you can go to a different thread because this isn't a discussion. My opinion is right and you are wrong.

/Jk

Edit: We should totally use this post as a mocking example of arguments against Ridley in the OP

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have no idea who that is.

It's my post I made a long time ago to "troll" Ridley supporters

Troll in quotations because I didn't expect anyone to fall for the troll, but laugh at the ridiculousness of it

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I didn't read this threads posts, but I think this video has some interesting ideas for a Ridley size as well as moveset
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDDYcHwvdbU
That is the move set that has been circulating around the brawl hack sites. The original video was posted a couple pages back.
And yes it's good. Maybe a little overpowered but in that video it's the bad computer

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have no idea, it was way back from the pre Brawl days.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I didn't read this threads posts, but I think this video has some interesting ideas for a Ridley size as well as moveset
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDDYcHwvdbU
That video made my day. Though, he does need to be toned down in terms of power.

@Psycho That ”too big post” was ****ing hilarious. But, we all know Kraid would be much worse. XD

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Definitely like the dash attack a lot more than I thought I would before watching the vid. The f-smash, down special, and down throw are pretty slick too. His side-B there would prolly be cheap though for edge-guarding/edge-hogging, but whatevs. The final smash I guess is the best that can be expected for a Brawl hack, but bonus points for having the Geothermal Power Plant stage.

Pretty refreshing.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I don't like the b special, it seems a little too cheap to fit in. The up special seems too good as a recovery, I think the down special should be changed to b special, and get a new move for down, such as a directional shockwave with fire damage, like what Meta Ridley has. His side special seems a little useless.
The grapples were cool, same with the aerials, a attacks, smash attacks, and dash attack.
The final smash was cool, I just thought he would have a stage wide attack, instead of a single opponent, maybe like the pirate troop carriers, or an attack where all the forms come in.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
To think a very legit Ridley is in development right now! or not...

God I've wanted to control Ridley since Super Metroid, after the first smash hit I thought one day there would be a possibility. It's been so long now, it just has to happen!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
To think a very legit Ridley is in development right now! or not...

God I've wanted to control Ridley since Super Metroid, after the first smash hit I thought one day there would be a possibility. It's been so long now, it just has to happen!
All we can do is wait and see..

But yeah since ridley shoots his fireballs in the air i think it would be good if it worked like when you use his B on ground you charge. Then you can shoot a big fire ball and when used in the air you shoot mini fireballs.

But if charged then shot in the air its a big one travels horizontly like other M.

Top Bottom