• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Well no because All characters have 3 trophies.

1 on there history ~ you get from doing classic mode
1 on moves ~ you get from adventure mode
1 on more moves ~ you get from all star mode.

Sorry i cant remember brawl at all..did it follow this pattern the melee pattern?

:phone:
No, each character just had a normal trophy(which just used the characters model) and an FS trophy.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That was only Melee. Brawl had Character + Final Smash.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So only a history trophy and a final smash trophy? Wow...I will never regret selling that game.]
So I take it you aren't interested in Project M?

And yeah, Brawl got lazy with trophies. Not just in the character trophies, either, most of the other Trophies were imports from GC/Wii games.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So how about that Ridley? Quick question. I know he did a tail pogo in the source material, but has he ever done the tail scrape from Brawl's Boss battle? I like that move, but it would be odd in a moveset if he hasn't done it...

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
So I take it you aren't interested in Project M?

And yeah, Brawl got lazy with trophies. Not just in the character trophies, either, most of the other Trophies were imports from GC/Wii games.
I have never played Project M/Brawl+ or any brawl hack..

If i had a brawl hack atm i would play the **** out of it..because tbh i slighly wanna play brawl proberly just out the fact that its different and the latest one so it doesnt feel as sad as it does playing meles 1-P...

But i know if play Brawl i will get sick and annoyed with it in a hour reguardless of how long its been since i played it..

Last time i played it was with 4-P with friends like a year and a half ago..

I sold my copy with my Wii little under a year after Brawl Released.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
So how about that Ridley? Quick question. I know he did a tail pogo in the source material, but has he ever done the tail scrape from Brawl's Boss battle? I like that move, but it would be odd in a moveset if he hasn't done it...
In that PSA video. His ground scrape turned out pretty good, but that tail scrape thing seems like something you would have to be boss size to do.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Well I thought that all the trophies on the hunters were cool.
But he has so much history with all his different forms.

Ow yh that was cool i was suprised to see the hunters trophys in brawl.

But HEY!! You never guessed what happened to me the other day when i was playing melee..was Weired!! like fate/destiny a divine message from above or the future (hopefully..)

No joke this really actually happened:

Was playing adventure mode first level mushroom kingdom tryna unlock Luigi so while i was at the end of the level i was waiting for the time so i could finish at ''2'' as it was counting down a trophy dropped infront of me...

I recently erased my data and only intrested in getting/doing everything except trophy collecting and target test/stadium.

So i dont go far out my way to get/pick up trophys..

I saw the trophy and was like..wait..he looked abit weired his stance the character had in his trophy..so i zoomed in abit with the (C) Stick and Omggg...It was RIDLEY!!! i just stopped and said wow.. i said (litreally) ''Well lets just hope in the future me and you will swap places''

As in me walking about and doing stuff with Ridley! omg..made me feel soo...

And to top it of i was Samus! no joke ahhh man i swear i cant beilieve that happened soo magical.

PS: Might seem stupid and mean nothing to you lot but made me smile hard!

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Cool.
On the note of Ridley and campaign modes, do you think that they may include either a different metroid boss or a different Ridley form. Cause that could make an interesting scenario of small versus big, ironic of most people's Ridley arguments. They might either keep Meta and maybe add Omega or Neo.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Cool.
On the note of Ridley and campaign modes, do you think that they may include either a different metroid boss or a different Ridley form. Cause that could make an interesting scenario of small versus big, ironic of most people's Ridley arguments. They might either keep Meta and maybe add Omega or Neo.
Ridley might still be a boss, but maybe not as he was in SSE. I mean maybe a boss like Giant DK/Metal Mario in 64 or Giga Bowser in Melee.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Well if it is the melee adventure mode. But I don't see either kraid or mother as a boss because they are not as agile as the average SSE boss. So I do think they would keep a Ridley form as a boss.
I hope that the Ridley move set is something similar to that crusade PSA,or they could even take something from it if his hasn't been finalized.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Cool.

Hmm..good question.
imo no doubt i think Nintendo like having Ridley in Smash one way or another.

Him as a boss in brawl was great everyone loved it..

Hmmm i see what you mean they are alotta Ridley forms.. but tbh they have never done something like that before and imo. i Would loveeee Kraid as a boss more so then another Ridley boss one of the reasons why is because i have never played any metroid games that have Kraid and Mother Brain in it..

And i feel like a disgrace because of it..

Damn they seriously need to remake super metroid for 3DS..im shocked they havent already..but if they havent already then i guess it never wil...since its on Virtual console like you lot said...

Hmm yh true that crossed my mind too..Kraid and Mother brain not agile..i could see Kraid just standing there not moving just shooting scratching and theres 3 platforms next to you

one low/medium/high and you gotta use em to match his height because he be massive!!! I guess your right..

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
VC is how I played and it ran flawless but was pretty sensitive with a joystick not arrow pad. I liked Ridley in super, but the development in 3D gave him so much skill and freedom. Even if they weren't the most creative with Omega. I can't remember his beam attacks at all, and his ground shock was something everyone had.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Ow yh i was thinking about this the over day and just rememberd now i was gonna mention it before.

What you guys think of You know in Prime1 When you fight Meta Ridley when you take 3/4 of his health his wings burn off and he starts charging at you. Its sorts like a charge up tackle.

He pauses roars then dashes.

Do you think that be good for a side smash? or no because its his meta form blaa blaa..

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Well in the PSA I saw a
-giant charge up fireball
-small straight line fireballs
-a command grab
-some sort of wind thing with his wings
-a recovery special similar to charizard or wario
-normal A combos and air attacks
Now if that isn't close to the actual thing than you might as well shoot me. Because that fireball looked amazing, with the line firing racking up damage and preventing them from going forward.
I think the newer version of the hack has been nerfed which makes sense because he was a bit powered up.

Also I feel weird because its just you and me back and forth and getting sidetracked.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Yep i think me and you jhonny boy are destined to battle each other to death on Sm4sh and we will.

Ermm..imo i think them fireballs were great concept and visuals but to OP in the way its executed.

Too fast shooting and seems like infinite shooting as long as you hold down (B)?

I just think that one tap of (B) he should quickly shoot 4 fire balls in a line together but you can liks only use the move once every 5 seconds.

And one firball takes 2 or 3/ damage.

Basicly like super metroid.

And maybe he could have a charge fireball like in other M but imo that would make him to OP and also having a charge (B) powerful projectile should stay with samus them both having one wouldnt feel fair...

Unless it only took 15 damage and less knockback then charge beam.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
For the boss thing, I was thinking you could face him as a boss, but then when you beat him (if you do :troll: ) then he would shrink and be normal size and become playable or something like that. SImilar to G&W and Duon.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
For the boss thing, I was thinking you could face him as a boss, but then when you beat him (if you do :troll: ) then he would shrink and be normal size and become playable or something like that. SImilar to G&W and Duon.
Looool that would be weired and sounds so cheesy lool.

Like when you beat boss Ridley a poison mushroom falls from the sky a real stinky rotton fungus one that has a permanant effect of keeping you small it drops into his mouth and he shrinks then you throw a master ball at him to capture him to unlock him.

Normal pokeballs wont work because Ridleys beast like that :)

xD sorry not making fun of you i promise just really funny.

I see what you mean though of wanting to unlock him in a cool unique way but if anything if he does become playable and is revealed in the trailer as a newcomer he will be a starter char..

Which would suck hard because he would/should be one of the most difficult and exciting chat to unlock in doing the method to challengs him and fighting him to unlock him.

But i would rather him be in the trailer because thousands of peoples wishes will come true and we will all know that he is in the game as a playable char 100/

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Those fireballs were cheap. That's why he got nerfed so it probably shoots in bursts with like 3-5 seconds between.
Maybe you could fight him in like his meta or omega form. And when you beat him he starts smoking or glowing and it's just a giant explosion, and when the smoke clears its normal form laying on the ground. You would have to beat him as samus and when you do, Samus is like looking at him, and Ridley stands up, then grabs samus by her throat an like slams her to a wall and holds her there, and they just stare at each other while the other characters watch, and they look at each other for like 5-10 seconds and then he just sets her down and walks or flies away.
Dang now I can see that in my head.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
If you fight Meta Ridley like that Ridley would need to be designed with undamaged wings, so no meta glider wings. Would make sense if it's meta body armor fell off, but not if his damaged wings magically become healed after you beat it.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Those fireballs were cheap. That's why he got nerfed so it probably shoots in bursts with like 3-5 seconds between.
Maybe you could fight him in like his meta or omega form. And when you beat him he starts smoking or glowing and it's just a giant explosion, and when the smoke clears its normal form laying on the ground. You would have to beat him as samus and when you do, Samus is like looking at him, and Ridley stands up, then grabs samus by her throat an like slams her to a wall and holds her there, and they just stare at each other while the other characters watch, and they look at each other for like 5-10 seconds and then he just sets her down and walks or flies away.
Dang now I can see that in my head.

Woohooo owww i love you! please stop getting me Excited !!!

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
When he emerges in the story, because I think he should be in the trailer for hype, but not a starter. I feel he should have a dramatic entrance sort of, that show his rivalry with samus.
Not like game and watch, who just fell out of the ship.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
When he emerges in the story, because I think he should be in the trailer for hype, but not a starter. I feel he should have a dramatic entrance sort of, that show his rivalry with samus.
Not like game and watch, who just fell out of the ship.

Sorry but we cant have best of both world..if he is in the trailer as a newcomer then he will be a starter..

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
loool Hello Snake! Well simply because brawl was like that but yh..Smash doesnt come around often so it doesnt really have a
concrete formula..

But i dont see why it cant happen.. i would love for them to show newcomers in the trailer but still have them locked.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Ask snake if he wants to come over and play.
And I don't see why not. I'm pretty sure snake was in the brawl reveal trailer as well as on the box, and he had to be unlocked. It makes you work to receive a popular character. That's why I avoided SSE as long as possible. Because it was too easy to unlock characters. I only did it when I had to.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think Ridley would be fine as a boss in his normal form. Or maybe give him a reincarnation in the boss battle, and when he is defeated, his armor comes off and he is shown to be the normal Ridley and he joins you.

Although i don't see him and Samus working together at any point. Their rivalry isn't really fixable lol. i guess we'll have to wait and see on that one.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Ask snake if he wants to come over and play.
And I don't see why not. I'm pretty sure snake was in the brawl reveal trailer as well as on the box, and he had to be unlocked. It makes you work to receive a popular character. That's why I avoided SSE as long as possible. Because it was too easy to unlock characters. I only did it when I had to.

Exzactly this 100/ im gonna leave Sm4sh WiiU Story mode to the last thing i do.

Ima Unlock nearly everysingle char do everything do classic and target smash with everyone! Ima unlock all the Chars in Vs. Matches 1-P or or 2-P with my bro.

And although i would wanna jump online straight away to see what its like if its improved i know i would come across someone playing as a special secret char and will spoil it hard...

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Haha, I feel ya there. I was such a stalker when it came to Brawl information about new characters, and I totally spoiled the surprise of having all the new characters. It wasent as thrilling as probably waiting would have been.

As soon as the 1st few SSBU trailers/articles come out im probably gonna back out of smashboards untill around release time. Especialy if Ridley joins, that would be the best surprise (to me, along with King K Rool)!!!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Haha, I feel ya there. I was such a stalker when it came to Brawl information about new characters, and I totally spoiled the surprise of having all the new characters. It wasent as thrilling as probably waiting would have been.

As soon as the 1st few SSBU trailers/articles come out im probably gonna back out of smashboards untill around release time. Especialy if Ridley joins, that would be the best surprise (to me, along with King K Rool)!!!

Haha trust me dude all of what you said and wanna do is 100/ the same with me..i spoiled brawl soooo hard it wasent even funny..one of the first things i done was spam event matches stamina mode lowest hp spawn with lipstick on your head just to get Lucario..

But seriously its gonna be impossible to do that and its only gonna get harder and HARDERRR was more and more info gets released and the hardest thing of all is when JPN get the game first and US & UK gotta wait 2-4 Months to get theres..the ammount of spoilers they will be will go through the roof!!

I could imagine just typing in ''Super'' on Google and all this
''Zomfg Smash WiiU Shulk 100vsmatchss krool shipspecial leakk masterhands twin sistervfwasss ffaa thh yhh ridley playable samus veryhsrd classic vlaaasx''

Crap coming up.myy god..look how long everyone is waiting now?
.Tbh i just wanna know if Ridley and K.Rool make it in. After i know there fate then im done with info i can wait and see for a suprise if Mewtwo Returns or not.

Imo there should be A ''Sm4sh Confirmed Characters Spoiler'' Sticky thread.

And when you click on it show All the series like this

Mario
spoiler

LoZ
spoiler

pokemon
spoiler.

Etc, and so on and when you go to the series your intrested in just click the spoiler under Metroid series and see if Ridley is there if he is then im happy

Then i will click DK series see if K.Rool is there.

Then i will look no further into any details.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I am going to spoil the game for myself. I want to get the game immediately, but im gonna wait till the WiiU price goes down and there are some other games I want. Like a metroid game.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I have searched all over the web but its incredibly hard to find.

Can some tellme what were the most requested brawl chars please either it be wishlist or realistic i would like both.

Please do help i wanna speculate how right majority of people were.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Although i don't see him and Samus working together at any point. Their rivalry isn't really fixable lol. i guess we'll have to wait and see on that one.
That's a pretty funny point. I doubt they would show a scene like what Link and Ganondorf got anyhow, considering it's not a super well-known rivalry. And plus it's easier to just not show that rather than writing something out. BUT, if they DID, I figure when everyone else is together and going forward to fight the big baddie, Ridley might see Samus and growl. Someone would then hold him back, lol. Samus would... probably cautiously keep an eye on him.

At the end, when they're all together and the big bad is defeated... I guess they would both ignore each other at best and appreciate what they've just accomplished. Separately.

ALL ASSUMING THE STORY IS PRETTY MUCH IDENTICAL TO BRAWL.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
That's a pretty funny point. I doubt they would show a scene like what Link and Ganondorf got anyhow, considering it's not a super well-known rivalry. And plus it's easier to just not show that rather than writing something out. BUT, if they DID, I figure when everyone else is together and going forward to fight the big baddie, Ridley might see Samus and growl. Someone would then hold him back, lol. Samus would... probably cautiously keep an eye on him.

At the end, when they're all together and the big bad is defeated... I guess they would both ignore each other at best and appreciate what they've just accomplished. Separately.

ALL ASSUMING THE STORY IS PRETTY MUCH IDENTICAL TO BRAWL.

Why must everyone post something that gets me excited about Ridley in Sm4sh...

Top Bottom