• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Forgot phantoon. I thought it was Ridley, Kraid, and Crocomire, not dragyon.
It's been a while
Yeah, most people forget Phantoon and Draygon(the latter especially).

It's funny: He' not one of the main bosses, but people seem to remember Crocomire more than the two I menitoned. Maybe it's because of his somewhat horrific death.

Fun fact: Crocomire was gonna be in Zero Mission, but he was scrapped.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Since Phantoon was the last boss in Other M, I remember him

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Phantoon and Crocomire were horrible to fight. Both were hard to hit. Phantoon obviously, but Crocomire because he is slowing pushin you back, and it's such as small spot to hit.

:phone:

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
What weired is that Yes hes right theres 4

Ridley.Mother.Kraid and Weavel!

If anything even though Weavel doesnt have a ship...it just as easily be Weavel at the end of Prime3 to take revenge on Samus for blowing half his body apart xD.

Weavel damnnn cool but yes Weavel or Sylux.

Youre wrong in like three ways.
Weavel was in prime hunters, and has no other connections to Ridley and Kraid and such other than he used to be a space pirate general.
He does have a ship. Here

And then here is Sylux and the ship from corruption.

Looks like a phazon corrupted version.

And yeah dragyon was easy. I had real trouble with Crocomire and Ridley, because I got it from the wii shop and played using a GameCube controller, which had problems with diagonal shooting.
But I beat it.
After reading those pages about the stuff cut from the games, I hope they do a metroid two remake. I never played the original. But don't change some of the bosses like in Zero mission. It took me like an hour to beat mother brain in ZM.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Metroid 2 had no bosses except the metroid queen. Unless you count ALL the metroid battles as bosses.

A lot of them are treated as bosses

I'd love a metroid 2 remake. It was my first metroid

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
This. Kraid has been abandoned long enough, Nintendo. :glare:

(Nintendo Land Kraid doesn't count)
At least it's something though.

Could be cool if he took Ridley's spot as a Metroid boss for Smash 4. ;)
Thus leaving Ridley playable? I used to suggest that during pre-Brawl.

Yeah, most people forget Phantoon and Draygon(the latter especially).

It's funny: He' not one of the main bosses, but people seem to remember Crocomire more than the two I menitoned. Maybe it's because of his somewhat horrific death.

Fun fact: Crocomire was gonna be in Zero Mission, but he was scrapped.
Croc was also gonna be in Corruption as I pointed out. At least for Zero Mission though people could make Crocomire's sprite appear wherever if they hacked the game (little bits of his data was still technically in the game, even though he didn't make a normal appearance).

After reading those pages about the stuff cut from the games, I hope they do a metroid two remake. I never played the original. But don't change some of the bosses like in Zero mission. It took me like an hour to beat mother brain in ZM.
I remember hearing that a Zero Mission style remake of Metroid II was planned for the GBA during kind of a late point in its lifespan, but was cancelled mid-production after the DS was later made and released. Think I still would've preferred that over the Metroid games we got for the DS, but meh.

And if you want to play Metroid II badly enough, get it on the 3DS's virtual console. Was pretty cheap and I enjoyed it well enough on there.

Never had much of a problem with Mother Brain on Zero Mission, or with any of the changes in bosses from the original to ZM. A lot of them were necessary changes too if you ask me.

Back when games were worth the money...

Spare me your nostalgic-blurred vision! :p

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
At least it's something though.

Thus leaving Ridley playable? I used to suggest that during pre-Brawl.

Croc was also gonna be in Corruption as I pointed out. At least for Zero Mission though people could make Crocomire's sprite appear wherever if they hacked the game (little bits of his data was still technically in the game, even though he didn't make a normal appearance).

I remember hearing that a Zero Mission style remake of Metroid II was planned for the GBA during kind of a late point in its lifespan, but was cancelled mid-production after the DS was later made and released. Think I still would've preferred that over the Metroid games we got for the DS, but meh.

And if you want to play Metroid II badly enough, get it on the 3DS's virtual console. Was pretty cheap and I enjoyed it well enough on there.

Never had much of a problem with Mother Brain on Zero Mission, or with any of the changes in bosses from the original to ZM. A lot of them were necessary changes too if you ask me.

Spare me your nostalgic-blurred vision! :p
You know its true though...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
SNES DKCs > everything I played past it. Yes, including DKC3.

Still need to play Super Metroid though.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
SNES DKCs > everything I played past it. Yes, including DKC3.

Still need to play Super Metroid though.
Donkey Kong Country 3 is very underrated. I think in terms of gameplay, its better than DKC1.

Anyone, that has not played Super Metroid should. Its still the best Metroid game after all these years, and its definitely among the best games of all time. The only other Metroid game that comes close to Super, is Metroid Prime.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just prefer Donkey Kong Country 2 over it.

Donkey Kong Country 2 had better atmosphere, and kiddy wasn't a likable character to me. Not to mention the music in 2 was just wonderful. The whole pirate theme I like as well.

I did enjoy 3, just not as much as 2. Maybe it's because events that happened when 2 came out compared to what happened when 3 came out. The year 3 came out wasn't exactly the best time for me...

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
You know its true though...

Nope. That's just your nostalgia bias taking over.

I don't know why I just had trouble beating MB. Maybe because I spent too much time avoiding the missiles and stuff instead of taking it and shooting.

Yeah, that was probably it then. The strategy for beating her didn't seem any different for me than doing so on Super Metroid (before she exposes her full body), or even the original Metroid. Just freeze those Rinkas and use them as a platform to missile her to death.

Donkey Kong Country 3 is very underrated. I think in terms of gameplay, its better than DKC1.

Anyone, that has not played Super Metroid should. Its still the best Metroid game after all these years, and its definitely among the best games of all time. The only other Metroid game that comes close to Super, is Metroid Prime.
The 1st Prime is pretty much on the same level of quality as Super for me. If it had all that cut material I posted earlier though in addition to what it already had, it wouldn't of even been a contest for me as to which was better.

And yeah, DKC3 is underrated. Although I prolly agree with the majority about it not being as good as the 2nd one (also had better memories with the first one), it's by no means a bad game. Wish I had gotten the chance to replay it on the Wii's virtual console like I did the first two before they removed them all.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace

I still need to finish prime. I played at my cousins house on his GameCube when I was visiting, and got through like forty percent, and then had to leave.
I liked fusion a lot too, though super beats it.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I cant even play super metroid..but i really want to so badly...

Dont have a SNES and its soo buggy on my DS its not worth playing..
I has DKC 2 & 3 on DS im thinking of going through em never have before.

Im fighting K.Rool on DKC1 as we speak

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I cant even play super metroid..but i really want to so badly...

Dont have a SNES and its soo buggy on my DS its not worth playing..
I has DKC 2 & 3 on DS im thinking of going through em never have before.

Im fighting K.Rool on DKC1 as we speak

How do you have it on the DS?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
R4 - How they dont have a super metroid remake i will never know..

All on my DS:

GB/GBC: (Working Perfectly)
DK V1.0
DKC
DK LAND 2
DK LAND 3
G&W Gallery 1-2-3
Kirbys Dream Land 1-2
All Zeldas
Metal Gear Solid
Metroid II
Perfect Dark
PKMN TRADING CARD GAME!!!
PKMN TRADING CARD GAME 2 (wasent released outside JPN i has translated version)
Rampage 2...
SMB Dueluxe
Shantae.
Wario Land 1-2-3
Super Mario Land 1-2
6 Golden coins!
PKMN Red-Blue-Yellow.

NES Games:
LoZ Original xD
All Megaman
Metroid 1
All Super Mario Bros.

SNES Games:
Super Metroid A.K.A Super Buggy :((((((((((((!!!!!!
DKC 1-2-3
Eartbound...........(-_-)........(+_0)
LoZ Link to the Past
Super Mario All-Stars (Whole Trilogy plus Extras)
Super Mario Kart

DS Games: Sooo many...
Finished B/W2 Last year lulzomfg.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I you have a wii I would recommend buying it on the shop channel and using either the classic or GameCube controller. That's what I did.

I think I'll buy the prime trilogy for the wii and give the copy of corruption I already I have to my friend.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I you have a wii I would recommend buying it on the shop channel and using either the classic or GameCube controller. That's what I did.

I think I'll buy the prime trilogy for the wii and give the copy of corruption I already I have to my friend.
Sold my Wii Like 6 Months after Brawl came out. Never gonna Re-Buy

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Melee samus was the best.
I can still do good with her, but in a bad situation it takes some serious dodging and skill to win. In melee you had the ungodly strong moves, nair/shoulder charge to get out of a bad situation.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Melee samus was the best.
I can still do good with her, but in a bad situation it takes some serious dodging and skill to win. In melee you had the ungodly strong moves, nair/shoulder charge to get out of a bad situation.

Yh Melee Samus was the best smash samus of
all.

I just really hate Fox and Falco..

You know that a Middleschooler asked Sakurai.

''Did you make fox the best player in smash bros games because you really like starfox?''

Looooool Wow...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I liked Samus in melee as well, Samus was my secondary character to sheik.

I was considering maining Samus in Brawl, but my impression with her was all bad. I really don't like what they changed

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Her up smash is really fast in brawl. And her fair can actually do stuff. But I use a blaster and missile game to rack up some damage before moving in for the kill with some air attacks.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Her up smash is really fast in brawl. And her fair can actually do stuff. But I use a blaster and missile game to rack up some damage before moving in for the kill with some air attacks.

xD same no joke she not that good chasing people because of average speed and floaty so smash missles do the job i always used to drop a smash missle just before i land like Lcancel time after a jump but brawl soooo killed that....her missles take forever to come out..on top of that there alot weaker too..in brawl...

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
xD same no joke she not that good chasing people because of average speed and floaty so smash missles do the job i always used to drop a smash missle just before i land like Lcancel time after a jump but brawl soooo killed that....her missles take forever to come out..on top of that there alot weaker too..in brawl...

Theyre are not weaker they do the same damage just less knock back
I hated all the supposed techniques like L-canceling and wave dashing. They were useless. I played with skill. I beasted in melee. In brawl I branched out to maintain a rather large skill roster. Samus,ZSS, Dedede, Ike, Marth, Lucas, Sonic, Diddy, Donkey, R.O.B.
The only thing wrong is the range got cut on her stuff.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
For the past several pages, its just been TheJohnMaster and DarkPhazon talking to each other. The topic right now seems to be talking about how Samus was changed for Brawl, which is off topic for this thread. If you don't like how Samus was in Brawl and want to discuss how she should be changed for Smash 4, take it to the Samus thread on the veterans board.

Personally, Samus has been the main character I used for every Smash Bros. game to date. I really did not like the changes made to Samus in Brawl (she can't kill anything for one). I am hoping the balance is done better for Smash 4.

However, keep in mind this topic is about Ridley. Its not a social group. Sorry to be a buzzkill, but I have unpleasant memories on how the pre-Brawl Ridley thread turned out, so I am concerned when these kind of topics end up becoming social groups.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
For the past several pages, its just been TheJohnMaster and DarkPhazon talking to each other. The topic right now seems to be talking about how Samus was changed for Brawl, which is off topic for this thread. If you don't like how Samus was in Brawl and want to discuss how she should be changed for Smash 4, take it to the Samus thread on the veterans board.

Personally, Samus has been the main character I used for every Smash Bros. game to date. I really did not like the changes made to Samus in Brawl (she can't kill anything for one). I am hoping the balance is done better for Smash 4.

However, keep in mind this topic is about Ridley. Its not a social group. Sorry to be a buzzkill, but I have unpleasant memories on how the pre-Brawl Ridley thread turned out, so I am concerned when these kind of topics end up becoming social groups.

I understand your point and your right but theres litreally nothing else to talk about...No infos coming out its all just completely dead!

We all have talked about everything..movesets/appearence everything..

The only thing left to keep saying is ''I hope he gets in...''

Ok i got something..little...

As much as i would like Ridley to be a unlockable character if he is revealed in the trailer at E3 then he will be a default char..

What are your thoughts on this?
Unlockable or Default?

If hes default we will know before hand and will be legitly confirmed i think thats most important.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
If Ridley is shown for the unveil at E3 2013, he will most likely be part of the starting roster.

There may be little else to talk about, but there is still enough to last us six months. Ridley, fortunately, is one the few characters that has a good chance of being one of the first newcomers shown for Smash 4.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
If Ridley is shown for the unveil at E3 2013, he will most likely be part of the starting roster.

There may be little else to talk about, but there is still enough to last us six months. Ridley, fortunately, is one the few characters that has a good chance of being one of the first newcomers shown for Smash 4.
I Think in Sakurai's eyes all he has is massive demand thats it..

When i read ''Sakurai's Development for Brawl'' Article 2 days ago..It severly damped down my chance of him being playable..

Reading Sakurai's Criteria for character implemention..i strongly think in his eyes Ridley doesnt meet it...

The stupid thing is how can you say ''Its important the character fits in to the smash world comfortably and that they need to bring something new/unique to the roster''

When the games full of *******! Clones all the time..and like everyone has atleast 3 moves that are similar..the whole bloody roster has like a Standard kick for there nuteral aerial (A) & Back kick..same animations seriously..its disgracefull its like they want one thing but do the opposite..

And then he says ''Time Constraints'' ALLL the *******!! Time..bloody had 3 and a half years!!!!! in making brawl with a team if 100+ working round the clock..Its kinda funny when Devs these days put soo much time and effort in there projects and they turn out trash..but when things are rushed or not as much time or effort or accidents happen you get miracle games.. Melee and Gears of War 1..

Activision poop out CoD every damn year!! if you cant make smash in 3 and a half years then you simply cant make smash fullstop..

He doesnt even like making Smashes..he said Melee development was the worse development ever..very grueling..say he worked for 24 months straight like 6 days a week..and he said after brawl he wont make smash again..

Im done with Sakurai its only because of Namco Bandai i have a little faith..still not much..once i loose faith thats it..

But yet hes still in charge pulling all the strings overseeing the game..if anything he will hinder the game..just shut up and let namco do there thing..Sakurai should just make sure it stays nintendo like.

And how the bloody hell do you know if he will fit in work if your to *******! Lazy to even try ''FIT'' him in?

Seriously its sooo stupid..they say they want diversity/uniqueness xD lmfaoo are we sure were talking about the same game here?

Chars getting scrapped/clones added..

You know what Sakurai said? he said back in 2005! Before brawl had even begun development alot of the games feautres were already concrete..they knew who they wanted for the whole roster before they start making the game.

He said so development would be faster and smoother because everything is already thought of.

And the game got delayed..TWICE!!

Seriously im FUMING!! RIGHT now ****! YOU Sakurai you peice uh scrubby noob trash.

There i gave us something to talk about...
Personally im 35/ Chance he will get in
But im 80/ Sure Metroid will get another rep

Top Bottom