• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I will make love to everyone in this thread as a sign of joy if that happens at E3 2013.

E3 2013 Better be frigging good! im suprised that so little people watch it alotta people dont even know what it frigging is! and there so called gamers..

E3 2011-Average..
E3 2012-Garbage
E3 2013- Its gotta be the best.

There HAS TO THEY WILL BE A REVEAL trailer they always do Smash reveal trailers at E3 my god if they isnt then someone from the audience should just climb on stage and rock bottom Regie.

:phone:

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
New Ridley supporter here.

Thinking about him, how awesome he would be, and how much he deserves in, has convinced me to throw in my support for him.
Were you the one with that Rate and Discuss thread?
Your username seems familiar.
Besides Phazon, since E3 is so distant, all we can hope is to discuss and speculate, and hope that someone comes along and notices the discussion, and learns from it.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
There will defo be atleast 1 or 2 info's now matter how little they be we will get that from now untill E3.

Lets just hope thay Nintendo Direct On Jan31 is true Aniversery of Brawl in JPN.

I dont give a crap im extremely impatient atm and i will admit it.

GTA 5 Will hopefully last me 6-8 Months.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I also play Xbox and just got the new Far Cry. One of the weirdest games I have ever played, hands down. When I'm not skinning sharks, I'm in LSD knife fights, getting tattooed up, and blowing people's heads off.
It's entertaining.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Far Cry 3 Amazingggg got one more radio tower to do and have liberated all camps.

add me
GT,: DARK PHAZ0N

loooool sorry so of topic xD

But yh ''ChronoBound'' mad resepect homie you is a real Ridley legend.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I've been on all the wiki sites lately. I can read the history of things like metroid and star wars for hours.
But it's got good detail on Ridleys forms if you want to read them.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Yes! i was doing that the other day.

Thats how i found out about the space pirate rankings.

1.Mother Brain
2.Ridley
3.Kraid

You know Kraid was gonna be a boss on metroid prime gc in phazon mines! my god how epic would that have been!!!! but he wasent due to...yep...u guessed it.. ''time constraints.' good ol.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Kraid being cut in Prime wasn't even the half of it. Check out all this. A Phazon Mother Brain, concepts of what could've been for Ridley in the game in terms of design & character, and more...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470310

Sure would've liked to fight that four-armed ice beast in Phendrana, at the very least.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Same here pretty much, though Echoes and Corruption have quite their share of cut material as well.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I hated Echoes at first but now i see i like it.
its better then corruption..curroption was the weakest in the series imo.the beams sucked
in it..

Damn plasma beam in prime 1 was crazyy beast and light beam in echoes <3 like a shotgun burst.

D

Deleted member

So Ridley was going to be possessed, and become a good guy?
That should have been done. :troll:

And Ridley in Smash could switch between "Good" Ridley and "Bad" Ridley.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I was the guy that did Rate Their Chances. I do plan to host another round once the Smash 4 trailer comes around, but I don't think now is the time.

D

Deleted member

@Dark Phazon: ....did you even look at the concept art that was posted right above when you said "Wow.and without all that Prime1 is still the best in the prime triolgy and my fav metroid game..."?

There's one where Ridley is a "Dark Possessed Ridley" and he's more Chozo-like than dragon-like. He apparently wasn't hostile to Samus in this state and even was supposed to help her.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
@Dark Phazon: ....did you even look at the concept art that was posted right above when you said "Wow.and without all that Prime1 is still the best in the prime triolgy and my fav metroid game..."?

There's one where Ridley is a "Dark Possessed Ridley" and he's more Chozo-like than dragon-like. He apparently wasn't hostile to Samus in this state and even was supposed to help her.
Oww..snap..i didnt..my bad lemme see.

Wow!

D

Deleted member

Imagine that.
Samus' archnemesis and the one who orphaned her as her helper.
Although, I could see it like a Jekyll and Hyde situation with split-personality.

And this would raise a personal issue within Samus. She wants to kill Ridley, but if she does, then Chozo-Ridley, a close ally, will be killed too.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That whole Chozo Ridley thing puts a new spin on the whole Samus X Ridley relationship

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I hated Echoes at first but now i see i like it.
its better then corruption..curroption was the weakest in the series imo.the beams sucked
in it..

Damn plasma beam in prime 1 was crazyy beast and light beam in echoes <3 like a shotgun burst.

Would have to disagree with you there about Corruption, especially regarding the beams. The nova beam although not original, was pretty sweet, and I liked how you could use the plasma beam to repair things. Also had a better design than the one in Prime 1.

If there is a weakest game in the trilogy for me it would have to be Echoes, though none of them are particularly "weak".

So Ridley was going to be possessed, and become a good guy?
That should have been done. :troll:

And Ridley in Smash could switch between "Good" Ridley and "Bad" Ridley.
I agree, that would've been a most interesting take on the character. I'm guessing after a battle with Meta-Ridley at the Phendrana Drifts or something (since she briefly came across him there after getting the boost ball), she later would've encountered Chozo-Ridley at the Artifact Temple after collecting all the Chozo artifacts, then he would've helped her defeat Metroid Prime in the Impact Crater. And for the sake of continuity, the Chozo would then either release Ridley from their control after Prime is defeated, or would lose control of him due to their strength and sanity waning as corrupted spirits (remember, Phazon corruption affected the Tallon IV Chozo in the afterlife too).

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I would prefer a first person, like the primes, style gameplay for the next metroid. But I have to want a fusion sequel than a prime 4.
Maybe using the data from the other m ship, they could clone another Ridley to hunt down samus since she become a wanted criminal for destroying the station, if I remember correctly.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
For tradition's sake, I would still want a Fusion sequel to be a sidescroller, or 2.5D.
Maybe.

Man, after looking again at much of the crapped material for Echoes and Corruption as well...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=471418

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472136

They could perhaps easily make another trilogy with just the cut content alone (stuff like Kraid, Mother Brain, and Chozo-Ridley in Prime, "Light Suit" Dark Samus in Echoes, Skeletal Ridley and Crocomire in Corruption, etc).

Do it Retro!
Ah, who am I kidding?

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I'm not a fan of First person games
Don't get me wrong the 2D games were fun. But the primes let Samus's power armor expand and better perform its abilities. The different beams had practical functions instead of just more damage.
And now, after reading those pages on the left out content, i feel like crying for all the material that was cut. I liked the Metroid 1.5 section, with the proposed storyline.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Could be cool if he took Ridley's spot as a Metroid boss for Smash 4. ;)

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
yh but Ridley is ranked higher then Kraid in Space Pirate ranking so it would be abit silly...

It would make more sense for it to be mother brain a boss in Sm4sh.

But Kraid would proberly be a better boss fight then mother brain though.

Im basing this all on if Ridley is playable by the way..if hes not! (-_-) Then bring on Kraid boss no doubttttt!!!!.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Being a higher rank doesn't necessarily mean they are stronger than the person below them.

Real life doesn't work that way...

They don't have some sort of power level.

Ridley probably could take Kraid out, but that's not necessarily why he's the higher rank

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
What weired is that Yes hes right theres 4

Ridley.Mother.Kraid and Weavel!

If anything even though Weavel doesnt have a ship...it just as easily be Weavel at the end of Prime3 to take revenge on Samus for blowing half his body apart xD.

Weavel damnnn cool but yes Weavel or Sylux.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I meant bosses in Super Metroid. There's 4: Kraid, Phantoon, Draygon, and Ridley.

Not counting Mother Brain and Crocomire(or any other boss), just bosses that are part of the golden statue.

Top Bottom