• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Ow ok thanks..im not familar with the term ''Veteran'' you lot use around here but i assume it means ''Chars that were scrapped'' am i right?

Playing Melee as we speak GC been on temple hyrule 2 player 1 stock since 1.00am - 11.00pm you gotta love Mewtwo right...xD...

:phone:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ow ok thanks..im not familar with the term ''Veteran'' you lot use around here but i assume it means ''Chars that were scrapped'' am i right?
Veteran (in Smash context) means a character that has been previously playable (cut or not), so all 44 previously playable characters are veterans and have threads in that section.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Im reading up on Mewtwo forum now. So much talk of time constraints makes me think.

Do they have enough time now? Do they ever have enough time?

Smash comes out only once per nintendo home console and takes 2 and 1/2 - 3Years to make. And they Announced Sm4sh before it was in ''Proper Fullblow'' Production.

Plus Smash64 was the 1st game so mistakes can go un-noticed..

Melee was a launch title. Mehh..ok..Everyone deserves a second chance right?

Brawl: Ok brawl had enough time/space/gap..

what the FRIGG!! and expecially Ok maybe it was because Brawl was defenetly expected and the Devs knew they needed to make a sequal to Melee and proberly had Release date speculated before or during development..But it got delayed TWICE!!

And Roy and Mewtwo still didnt make it? Because of Sonic's last minute inclusion perhaps..

Pfftt..!! wth!! I dunno man..I dunno if all this ''Time Constraints'' Talk is BS or what.

All im saying is i do not want to here it in Sm4sh of Sakurai uses this as a reason why Ridley didnt make it in Sm4sh..i :</ I would go nuts..

Sakurai said that Brawl is the last Smash and it sure did feel like it was and he seemed like he had no intention/future plans for a Smash4..

Urgh..we only know what they tell us huh..

We dont know if its the truth/Lie/Excuse/Cover Up..

Please i would like to know your views on all
this ''Time Constraints'' Thingy..

I know its kinda off subject sorry..but i really want to know your strong honest views on it..

for all we know it could be something to do woth Ridley..maybe his fate...

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I wouldn't worry, Golden. The moderation seems to be better this time around, so they wouldn't let it get to that level of unadulterated derp. Just think: what would Ridley do?
That has got to be the worst think you could ever use to make a decision.
And i was using the Waluigi thing as an example, dont worry. I just dont think that the mario franchise deserves some minor characters getting in. If they get another slot it should be to a major character.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Seriously: What would Ridley do at a time like this? He's like, the perfect role model for everyone everywhere. No exceptions. Ghandi followed in Ridley's talon-steps.

D

Deleted member

What would Ridley do? "Kill as much as you want! Have fun!"

@JohnMonster: Ah, k.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
He would say, "Rawrr" And go burn a planet, therefore creating an archenemy that would vow for revenge, get adopted by bird people, gain power armor, and have multiple battles with him resulting in multiple reincarnations.
Also its starting to look a lot like Christmas!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, everyone, on Christmas, remember to do "What Ridley Would Do." Even if you don't celebrate it, do it for Ridley. :troll:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Of course! Look at him, enjoying his presents like that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yes. Now go and make Ridley proud.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
loool i did..never played other m but damn that first cutscene is proper sick. xD one youtube comment actually said.

''Sadly this cutscene is the only good thing about this game...''

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nNlAZLCGLuU

Lmfaoooo ''Other Q-uestion?''

Should ''Other M'' Should be purposly never to be spoken about and erased from existence like the mario bros. movie? LOOOOOOOOOOL and mario starts slapping luigi when he mentions the movie.

LOOOOOOOOOL i know you lot have seen that video on youtube if you havent
seen it link is at the top. ITS HILARIOUS!!!

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
It's not like we shouldn't talk about it. Ridley had a great moveset in his boss fight.
It's just when you talk about it. Ridleys looks are brought up and it turns into everybody that hated the game arguing with the one person that did like it.
It's not fun.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Last Other M Question:

Was it the actual Real Ridley? or a clone? like fusion Ridley?

--------------------------------------

Side question:
Was Mecha Ridley actually Ridley mechanized? or Just a machine thats meant to play like Ridley?

MagnesD3

Smash Master
My Personal Moveset for Ridley

B: FIREBALL: Ridley spits out a huge fireball that slowly homes in towards and opponent similar to say dormammus run super from mvc3, It would have slow startup but pack alot of damage, it would eventually fizzle out especially if its trying to home in on a full screen opponent.
B Up: FLIGHT LUNGE: Ridley super jumps straight up pretty high vertically (Id say a little under sonic spring height) it sends ridley into an instant fly similar to metaknights b up.
B Over: WIND WING BLAST: Ridley takes his wings pulls them back then goes forward quickly to cause a sonicboomish wind attack that goes straight forward that pushes the opponent back and causes damage.
B Down: TAIL WHIP: Ridley does a spining whip attack with his tail does good damage and is a good kill move.

Ridley is about the size of bowser, he is somewhat sluggish in speed, he falls like a heavy character and is about as heavy as ike.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Can you please stop spamming the thread?

nessokman

Smash Lord
Other M was one of those games your either like or you don't. I liked the cut scenes......what, i was supposed to like more to defend it?

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
My Personal Moveset for Ridley

B: FIREBALL: Ridley spits out a huge fireball that slowly homes in towards and opponent similar to say dormammus run super from mvc3, It would have slow startup but pack alot of damage, it would eventually fizzle out especially if its trying to home in on a full screen opponent.
B Up: FLIGHT LUNGE: Ridley super jumps straight up pretty high vertically (Id say a little under sonic spring height) it sends ridley into an instant fly similar to metaknights b up.
B Over: WIND WING BLAST: Ridley takes his wings pulls them back then goes forward quickly to cause a sonicboomish wind attack that goes straight forward that pushes the opponent back and causes damage.
B Down: TAIL WHIP: Ridley does a spining whip attack with his tail does good damage and is a good kill move.

Ridley is about the size of bowser, he is somewhat sluggish in speed, he falls like a heavy character and is about as heavy as ike.
That's extremely unbalanced.
An the cutscenes were cool. Almost like a movie if you put them together.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Idk about unbalanced, but strong I'd hope so, Ridley would have trouble when characters get in close, he could be easily pressured by faster characters, his main appeal would be his fireball, throw range(his throw would look deceptively similar to his tail whip) and he is hard to knock out too, his cons are speed and mid range characters.

Also fireball and wind blast would have pretty slow start up time

Top Bottom