• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I know its old and i assumed most of you lot knew about it but just wanted to share for the newcomers..

Also any help on why i cant put up a profile pic?

:phone:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If going to User CP -> Edit Profile Picture (and then one of the two options) isn't working for you, I'd suggest maybe contacting a mod or admin or something. Ofc, maybe new members are limited in some way with their profile pics, I don't remember. It could also be the file type you're trying to upload.

Also, randomly bringing up old rumors (even if they have decent-looking Ridley artwork) isn't probably for the best. :ohwell:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
It's the blue blob.

Ridley there looks like a traced/3D version of his NES Metroid sprite, lol.

edit: oh wow that's a really old "leak"

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Slime is the mascot of the Dragon Quest series.

Also, you think A TRAITOR has the right to tell our history, PSYCHO?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
SHUT UP PHAAZOID GUY I DIDN'T ASK YOU TO REPLY SERIOUSLY WHEN I WAS TRYING TO JOKE AROUND LIKE YOU DO...

Also I didn't notice That Guy had Phazon in his name sorry for the confusion.
STFU OLD MAN OP DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO GO OR WHERE TO DO

(samusrules93 == Phaazpod != Phaazon)

flame wars because of? Sorry to drag this on but i really wanna know please.

Oh man, those days xD

I remember when the mods just gave up and told us no more Ridley threads. And then all of the troll ridley threads from throwaway accounts.

Basically they banned most of us because we were *******s, and we were good at it. xD that's the long and short of it. Turns out there wanting something too much IS a thing.

Ridley Prime and Oasis_S (and me) are some of the old Ridley supporters I remember. I dunno past that.
Don't forget me D: Me & Ridley go waay back we went to middle school together and one time on the bus he told me he was going to marry me when we were older and I still remember it but I don't know if he does but I still awkwardly hang around him all the time hoping he does but I won't talk about it unless he brings it up

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Slime is the mascot of the Dragon Quest series.

Also, you think A TRAITOR has the right to tell our history, PSYCHO?
I didn't betray anyone. I was a member of ALL Ridley threads.

I trolled/ flamed Ashley, Waluigi, etc. with the best of 'em. Defended the Ridley thread when needed.

But I also had my own army to lead as well. I tried to keep the peace between Geno and Ridley; I did have Geno fans that were adamantly against Ridley just because he was a rival character. -Except of course during the character voting games. I threw everyone I had at those things to show our might.

Edit: Unless you mean the other m thing. **** other m
Don't forget me D: Me & Ridley go waay back we went to middle school together and one time on the bus he told me he was going to marry me when we were older and I still remember it but I don't know if he does but I still awkwardly hang around him all the time hoping he does but I won't talk about it unless he brings it up
Ok, I missed two people. I didn't look at too many posts before I remembered names

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Lol thought the title said Ridley for ssb64

Who says we aren't trying to do that as well?

Ridley Prime and Oasis_S (and me) are some of the old Ridley supporters I remember. I dunno past that.
Ridley_Prime, Oasis_S, samusrules93, Reyairia, Aryman, Legolastom, grim lizard, Stryks, Caael, ParamoreRiot, Shuma, ODIN, and a ton others were the forefront for our little group.

With the founding members being Gypsy and myself. Man those were good times!!

Oh man, those days xD

I remember when the mods just gave up and told us no more Ridley threads. And then all of the troll ridley threads from throwaway accounts.

Basically they banned most of us because we were *******s, and we were good at it. xD that's the long and short of it. Turns out there wanting something too much IS a thing.
You sound as if we went a little out of our boundaries!

I didn't betray anyone. I was a member of ALL Ridley threads.

I trolled/ flamed Ashley, Waluigi, etc. with the best of 'em. Defended the Ridley thread when needed.

But I also had my own army to lead as well. I tried to keep the peace between Geno and Ridley; I did have Geno fans that were adamantly against Ridley just because he was a rival character. -Except of course during the character voting games. I threw everyone I had at those things to show our might.
Wasn't that the best, going into the undeserved character threads and throwing caution to the wind?

Sounds like it was one hell of a war...

It was.

I say we do it again!

Anyway, showing my full support for Ridley once again. His no show as a playable character in Brawl was a huge letdown, and he needs to be in this game.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ridley_Prime, Oasis_S, samusrules93, Reyairia, Aryman, Legolastom, grim lizard, Stryks, Caael, ParamoreRiot, Shuma, ODIN, and a ton others were the forefront for our little group.

With the founding members being Gypsy and myself. Man those were good times!!
I was only trying to list people that post in this thread, first three of those are all I see still around. Here at least

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Wasn't that the best, going into the undeserved character threads and throwing caution to the wind?

It was.

I say we do it again!

Anyway, showing my full support for Ridley once again. His no show as a playable character in Brawl was a huge letdown, and he needs to be in this game.
What exactly would you do. An I'm all for it.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
We always tended to find the naysayers' threads and talk s*** about their characters.

We just always had a valid argument for why Ridley was a good choice to be in the game, and nobody could find the best counter argument we couldn't counteract, and once it came down to just spamming our thread with Ridley hate, we went around and just did an overall character hate.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
It's gotten to the point where new people say, he's too big or whatever, and it's just like, who wants to take this one?

An argument like his reach would create unbalancment, that's valid. But he's too big. Not gonna work.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
That's pretty much what happened until we started the group, then everybody took after us and started a group.

Then it just became one huge flame war over who would be the next announced character.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Loool..
In my 1st ever post i made i stated that and i
have been patrolling this site for months! i read pretty much every single page on this whole ''Ridley Thread'' Before i even joined.

And i am more mature then to fling random garbage..I was very impressedc with all the great imagination/support/counters you lot were coming out with!

Untill i couldnt take it no more and was getting a little boring..so i decided to join.

But ''ChronoBound's'' In depth Ridley post pushed me to join the most! He should be very pleased with himself.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
We seriously came up with every single good counter argument to Ridley's inclusion for Brawl that everyone who tried to argue just stooped to the lowest level to argue.

So glad we still have supporters who keep the whole analytical and in depth sort of feel we tried for so long ago.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Loool..
In my 1st ever post i made i stated that and i
have been patrolling this site for months! i read pretty much every single page on this whole ''Ridley Thread'' Before i even joined.

And i am more mature then to fling random garbage..I was very impressedc with all the great imagination/support/counters you lot were coming out with!

Untill i couldnt take it no more and was getting a little boring..so i decided to join.

But ''ChronoBound's'' In depth Ridley post pushed me to join the most! He should be very pleased with himself.

That's similar to what I did. I cruised the site for a while and thought I should join. But I joined way back like pages 10-20.

EDIT: Page 15 to be exact. More knowledge and jargon comes with the experience. But you should cruise some of the other threads to see what they are doing and such.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
i do i jump about from
''SSB4 General Discussio''
''Would you Rather'' & ''The Thing i want the most'' Threads.

And this thread..thats about it xD but still cant upload a pic seriously tried everything..how do i get in touch with a moderater?

Im starting to think it might be because i joined/signed up through my phone and not a PC..

But i tried turning ''Mobile Version'' of in the options then try uploading still didnt work..tried dozens of pics all sizes even ones i didnt like/want..just wanted to see if it would work...

D

Deleted member

Would you make like a couple of throwaway characters and just spam messages about whoever.
For example. A message over an over saying Waluigi sucks

If you even do that, I'm leaving the group. I'm a supporter of both, and if I have to betray the Ridley team to defend the Waluigi team, so be it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I wouldn't worry, Golden. The moderation seems to be better this time around, so they wouldn't let it get to that level of unadulterated derp. Just think: what would Ridley do?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
None of that **** had better ****ing happen, not this time around.

And so great to see you again lanky!

Or did you just return to do one of the last things you wanted in life in case the world ended today? :p
lol j/k

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Serious Question:

Although this is the Official Sm4sh Board.

Does Requesting Chars and pretty much anything post/thread what ever and Everything were doing Mean anything In Reality to the game?

Can it actually impact the game/change it?

What im saying is are the Devs/Producers actually monitoring these boards for ideas on the game?

Basicly what im tryna say in the most straight out truthful way reguarding how harsh or pointless it seems.

''Is Everything Were All Doing Here Gonna/Can Do Something?''

Or is it Basicly all chitter-chatter/hype/info/suggestions/blaa-blaa-blAA Etc:....

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If I remember correctly, occasionally during pre-Brawl a few Nintendo workers lurked here or something like that. Generally they can lurk well known sites to see what is popular. I doubt we have too much of an effect on the final product, though, if that's what you're asking.

Top Bottom