• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
As cool as the wall scrape is, I don't really see that being something a playable Ridley would have, not to mention it's kinda hard to think how it would be implemented in Smash gameplay, when you see how it was done in Other M and the fact we only saw it in a cutscene in Brawl.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I see your point, it could be a cinematic final smash where he scrapes them along the wall and then throws them. That tail scrape thing he does as a boss in brawl is cool.
Fireballs and tail attacks are his signature, so I imagine those will be present. A charged up tail stab is present in most movesets, same with charged up fireball, and of course flying.

:phone:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
the scraping across the wall things is cool but im afraid ot will most defenetly be abused as a suicide movd like bowser replacement of koopa claw and kirbys throws..

but grab throw/scraping aerial grapples would make ridley well..Ridley!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
i still and alwayz will find it baffling expecially how no one sees it/mentions it/or just plain ignores it...

the biggest argument against Ridley is that hes too big..but that statement should be atleast rephrased to ''too awkward...''

because if you wanna talk big although he is only a ground char so i can understand but look how BIG DEDEDE IS! my god! i do not get it when ppl say Bowser is the biggest..h maybe still be the heaviest (not sure) but the biggest smash playable char in history is DEDEDE!!.

i actually thought its stupid how big he was when i first start seeing him...

D

Deleted member

Wut?
Dedede is frigging SMALL when you compare him to Bowser. (He's just fat and carries a large hammer)
And then when you factor in canon sizes, with Dedede being large compared to Kirby, who's only 8 inches tall....
Dedede probably comes up to like Lucario's size of 3 ft in canon.
Of course, Smash upsized the Kirby characters for balance, but still, Dedede is way smaller than Bowser and Ridley if you factor in canon to their series.

D

Deleted member

yh but im talking about smash strictly...dedede biggest char no doubt..but yh i guess they get based of there series...

No, he's far from the biggest character. Bowser and Ganondorf definitely tower over him, and I think DK is also bigger, even factoring that he hunches over.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Once again please use grammar and don't switch around so much.
And don't reference the size argument, that axe has been buried a long time ago. And he is supposed to be awkward on the ground that's why he is a flying chuck Norris
Ganon definitely towers over dedede, he is the same size as bowser in the game, unless someone can find M&S guys size comparisons to show him that has Ridley in proportion to the other characters.
Just Reread the OP, hope sakurai or someone big sees it, has a great moveset besides the final smash

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
idk, dedede is pretty large. dat hammer.

I get what you're saying, dark phaazon, ridley could be awkward. But look at characters they've worked in the past. Ice climbers is two characters at once. G&W is 2D. Ivysaur alone is fairly awkward. But they've seamed these characters in beautifully, I'm positive they can do the same with ridley.

D

Deleted member

I really don't get why people say Ridley will be awkward.
Is Charizard awkward? Ridley is just a larger Charizard with a longer set of legs. No big deal.

I mean, size aside, Giga Bowser is a larger Bowser with a longer set of legs, and he's not terribly awkward.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
well if you wanna talk awkward just tellme who would ever have thought mewtwo would be possible? if someone told you mewtwo would be playable before melee.

i bet you any money everyone would have just scratched there heads until they bled..xD although his noveset is very bland..xD all tail whips..but it works very well and doesnt seem awkward even the slightest..

i do think and hope his moveset is more diverse..and i never understood why he was so weak..in reality he should be as strong if not even stronger then gannondorf but ofc for balance issues no.but he still is very weak compared to what he should be. also plz make 1 of his alt costumes in SSB4 (if hes in...) the armour Giovanni put on him! omfgggg that look sooo sickkkkkk!

so when ever i think awkward i just think ''dammn they done mewtwo and falcon who has never thrown a puunnch outside his series..''

soo boyy.. if thety put effort/imagination they can do it no doubt...i dont think you guys should be worried about his moveset.

but thing is most chars that are BIG are FAT so its proportion is fine looks nice and dandy..but with Ridley..it coudnt be more awkward..

head is big and long
neck is a twig bendy
body skinny
arms skinny
wings massive!
tail abit thick very long...

is he gonna be crawling when moving? then dash with wings like meta knight?

is he gonna be always flapping/in the air?

well imo when they say hes awkward i think they mean his body proportion.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
sorry entei guy i was mistaken you are right that bowser is biggest char in smash history. just checked some youtube vids quicklt sorry..aint played brawl in like 3years xD awful game.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
does that mean that now I am "Dark Pit guy"? :troll:
previously known as "Palpatine guy" =P

and your username, GoldenYuiitusin, reminds me of an insanely overpowered Entei character for MUGEN, who's named "yuiitusin" and has a selectable golden color to become even more cheap.

to stay on-topic, I think it requires a lot of effort to make Ridley playable. but, hey, Bowser and Charizard worked out fine, so it might be possible to have Ridley. otherwise, he'll stay as a boss.

D

Deleted member

That's actually what the name is taken from, Frost. :troll:

But yeah, if Charizard can work, so can Ridley.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I knew it! :troll:

Ridley can work, much like Charizard worked. besides, Smash needs more dragons. :awesome:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
i said entei guy for two reasons.

#1. your name is long to pronounce (sorry..)
#2. i post on my phone thats why i use bad grammer loads of mistakes/editing/
correcting sorry... as long as you know i was refering to you point has been made :)

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
sorry entei guy i was mistaken you are right that bowser is biggest char in smash history. just checked some youtube vids quicklt sorry..aint played brawl in like 3years xD awful game.

Did you just call brawl an awful game? Because I swear I will find a real dragon, and ride him to your house to kill you if you are serious. The smash series are still some of the most popular games out there.
Besides Frost, any game can use more dragons.
"Hey what are you playing?"
"Call of Duty."
"That game sucks!"
"Why?"
"No dragons"

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Besides Frost, and game can use more dragons.
"Hey what are you playing?"
"Call of Duty."
"That game sucks!"
"Why?"
"No dragons"

here's an internet for you, sir.

Dragons, ninjas and mechas are three inherently awesome things.

we already have Sheik, now put Ridley in alongside Charizard and give Pit the Great Sacred Treasure. awesomeness overload.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
ok sorry..but yh ok listen..
Brawl as a game itself is awsome a very fun game game no doubt.

but brawl compared to melee..yaa..u know what i said.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Samus was awesome in melee. Her cannon had the power of....umm...I'm not sure what would be a good metaphor.
That's also explains why I like skyrim so much, it basically has two of the three.
And I have said this three times now, please use good grammar or no one will respect you.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
i didnt come here for respect. i came here for 3 things.

#1. official news will be posted here first
#2. get to see the real smash fans views/thoughts on official news
#3 (Most important) Kick peoples butt when it is released.

I think you will be first in line ''JohnMaster'' xD no offense.

anyway ima take a break from these forums.. its wayyyy to early and all these bad speculation is upsetting and rumors/specualtion in general is driving me crazy..

see you guys after the 2013 Nintendo E3 Press Confrence.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
i didnt come here for respect. i came here for 3 things.

#1. official news will be posted here first
#2. get to see the real smash fans views/thoughts on official news
#3 (Most important) Kick peoples butt when it is released.

I think you will be first in line ''JohnMaster'' xD no offense.

anyway ima take a break from these forums.. its wayyyy to early and all these bad speculation is upsetting and rumors/specualtion in general is driving me crazy..

see you guys after the 2013 Nintendo E3 Press Confrence.

It's not having respect. People won't listen to you if you can't take te time to properly enunciate yourself. While new will be posted here, it certainly won't be first. Speculation is fun, because it allows you to voice your ideas and make jokes. Somewhere in the page thirties, are a couple of pages on Ridley and his sex life. Another section is how he could be clones of ridiculous characters, like Diddy Kong. Another is about how his final smash is going to be JigglyPuffs growing thing, or a land master. The longer you get in the forums, the more you are known, you make friends, and voice your ideas.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
hmmm..i was seriously gonna leave for 6 months but true getting known is cool..but seriously i cant take all this specualtion is driving me bloody crazyyyy.

i even just went on wik to try pre the release date by judging the release dates of the other smashes because i know devs like to keep a pattern.

Smash64-May
Melee-November
Brawl...-June

seems like smash4 will be released in summer or Xmas..

but tbh seems like smash's release date is all about the place..i have my sights fixed on.
November 2014 more then anything though.

i do agree having a large post count and knowing everyone is cool but seriously this hype/speculation is driving me beyond insane.. considering while i was searching up on release dates for past smashes.

i noticed/rememberd that brawl was delayed..TWICE..its first trailer was at E3 06 then its first release date reveal was Dec 3rd at E3 07...

i dont know what its pushback date was after that..but it ofc came out June 08 i will never forget that month June that it came out because it was a bright sunny day me and a very close friend who i have know/still know for 15+Years!!! both went down to the store to purchase a copy each.

i was £5 short and i wanted to die..i was gonna cry i bugged the dodgy store i know that release game a few days early for a few extra quid i must have called them every day 3 times a day for a whole week the week that brawl was released in...

it got to the point where when ever the store clerk picked up he would straight away just say ''Sorry..not yet..'' in a tired fed up/annoyed voice xD.

he gave me the £5 a longgggg bus journey home..listening to old nickelback/limb bizkit/linkin park. 1minute took one hour..felt like wanted to put a gun to the bus drivers head and say ''drive faster'' sooo excited beyond belief..i will never forget that day NEVER! for as long as i live..

me and my mate used to play melee around each others houses he mained Falcon&Falco. while never played any F-Zero or Starfox..

i played as who i loved in nintendo.

Bowser was my #1
#2 Samus
#3 Mewtwo.

nail biting 1v1 no items final destination (we all have done it xD)

beating him when im bowser and him being falco was pretty much impossible..i dont think i beat him even once..but always came
very close.

he would always show me respect give me props for being bowser and how good i was with him.

we played brawl for 2-5 months.

we played melee forl..Well i played him last month..what does that say...Sigh..

PS: Sorry about my grammer it is very tedious typing on this phone..i dont know why..its a good phone too....

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Next year? Are you crazy?

Hahaha (Evil Bowser laugh) i just changed some settings on my phone's keypad.

Hopefully i wont sound so ******** now.

I Really do hope that the 3DS version comes out next year as long as i have that i can wait another 6months-1Year for the WiiU Version.

xD I Havent even got a 3DS or a WiiU..damn im gonna spend ALOTTT of money on nintendo in these next 2 years...

I plan on getting both versions.

EDIT: Your right about WiiU needing more sales thats something we can both agree on...hey but Zelda is set to release in 2013 for WiiU too.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Little Birdie will be as useless as Pichu.
Stupid Purple Dragon will be Ivysaur.
Ridley will be Charizard.

Yes, it all makes sense now.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Trust me you are farrr from alone in wanting a Prime4 i tell you that..And Sylux be the Villian.

I just hope the WiiU is a console worth keeping and not either selling, collecting dust because you never play it or hacked so badly and just download and play games for-what its worth...

PS: What makes you so sure that Smash4 will be released 2013..Also are you talking about the 3DS version right?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
xDD yh Pichu's fully charged skull smash was so epic! seeing him fly half way across temple with one move! it also was one of the most powerful moves in the game! (when fully charged that is...)

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I mean I love Pichu, but you really can't deny his uselessness...
What would Little Birdie do? Maybe roar really loud and bite stuff I guess?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Please...that little birdy thing will never happen...

Also am i the only one thats a little concerned at how quickly they Finished the Smash4 Engine... Sakuari announced that he finished it not even 5 months after he announced production had begun...

It is no doubt running on a modified ''BRAWL...'' Engine..

Seriously...Game Devs these days sooo lazy..he cant even be asked to create a new engine..and yes i know its the most time consuming part of production but it is also argubly the most important.

The same Brawl Engine that the crummy Wii was running is gonna be used for Smash4 on the WiiU!...he wont even create a new engine for the new WiiU..and then he post a article saying ''we gotta wait for the game..''

this is what pisses me off most about devs these days..they make us waittt waitt pushback waitt delay...waitt hypee hypee hypee! and then the game sucks and feels very little improvement then the previous installment..makes you think what the hell all the ''WAIT!!'' was about..and what the hel theyvwere spending all there time doing..

they might not be a subspace emissary 2 but no doubt they will be a massive adventure mode involving all the chars again one way or another...

Sakurai stated in a article something like ''we wanna ephasize on the co-op story''

when all we really care about is the Vs and Online. thats what this game is gonna need/be known for thats whats gonna make it have value be memorable positively.

when he says ''Quality'' he means there working there ***** of to make the story mode not a blatant soap opra disgrace that the subspace emissary was.

story mode that everyone is only gonna play once or twice ever..and then Versus and Online FOR-EVER!!..

Imo nothing from the Wii Should be used for the WiiU..its so much more powerfull then the Wii it deserves more..and he says ''Quality over Quantity?''

Pffttt..I will hold him to them words all the way up untill i rip the plastic of the game cover and put it in my WiiU/3DS.

Im sorry to complain so early and i know it sounds like such a far shot complaint. but im sorry but games these suck so bad they lack all depth/value that last gen games had.

and the games before them. nowadayz its all dumb downed water downed cheesy cheap gimicky crap.
you know its true anyone who is a real gamer no its true. and smash is a game i keep close to me. i dont wanna see it turn to crap well it already did once..but everyone deserves a second chance..actually im giving namco bandai a chance..

i would have 0 faith if it wasent for namco helping.

xD sorry..huge random rant over..

''Don't Hate Me..Hate The Truth....''

Top Bottom