• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Someone wasn't sure if I was trolling! Success!

You have to realize I only post troll posts. Everyone knows that Ridley is actually SAMUS from the future. duhh.
That kind of makes the RidleyXSamus thing hotter

D

Deleted member

If Ridley is future Samus, why would she try to kill her child self and erase herself from existance?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
They would nibble on fish biscuits and bask in the glow of a sunset in the ruins of Tallon IV

*shudder*
getting chills just thinking about it
isn't it romantic? :troll:

If Ridley is future Samus, why would she try to kill her child self and erase herself from existance?
because she doesn't know it. then, in the ever climatic game Metroid DREAD, as Samus watches a dying Ridley, her nemesis says "Samus... I am... yourself." cue shocked face from Samus as she gets erased from existence and the end of the Metroid series once and for all. there, you earned your happy ending.

what? were you expecting to have Ridley be Samus's father? that's too cliché, Star Wars already did it.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
She only wanted to stop her parents not standing up to Ridley when she was a child and scarring her for life.

Let me explain...

Through the course of her life, she learns more about her parent's lives from the federation, and is puzzled as to why they didn't fight. As the years go by, she convinces herself that if they just had a different chance, if things had gone slightly differently, they would have saved themselves, and her life would have been worlds better.

After the accident, when she is sent plunging through time as a space pirate dragon, she finds herself at the site of the slaughter. seeing her opportunity, she assaults her parents, knowing that if she sacrifices herself now, she can still save herself in this new timeline.

However, seeing her infant form, her own repressed memories of the slaughter are brought forth all at once, and she loses herself for a few moments, just long enough for the monster to take over again, and by the time she's back in control, her parents blood are all over her hands, all over again.

Driven insane at the realization of what happens, she loses herself in the monster within, taking control of the space pirates, and leading them against the federation, not knowing why she's fighting anymore. She fears if she questions it, only madness and despair will remain. She's ruined another Samus' chance at having parents, and she'd rather end that Samus' misery than watch her repeat all of her same mistakes.

That is why to this day, when Samus looks into Ridley's eyes, the darkest parts of her own soul are reflected back at her, and in a moment of understanding, she stares frozen, unable to move, unable to fight, because the horrible truth is, no one can fight who they really are.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
[COLLAPSE="snip"]She only wanted to stop her parents not standing up to Ridley when she was a child and scarring her for life. Through the course of her life, she learns more about her parent's lives from the federation, and is puzzled as to why they didn't fight. As the years go by, she convinces herself that if they just had a different chance, if things had gone slightly differently, they would have saved themselves, and her life would have been worlds better.

After the accident, when she is sent plunging through time as a space pirate dragon, she finds herself at the site of the slaughter. seeing her opportunity, she assaults her parents, knowing that if she sacrifices herself now, she can still save herself in this new timeline.

However, seeing her infant form, her own repressed memories of the slaughter are brought forth all at once, and she loses herself for a few moments, just long enough for the monster to take over again, and by the time she's back in control, her parents blood are all over her hands, all over again.

Driven insane at the realization of what happens, she loses herself in the monster within, taking control of the space pirates, and leading them against the federation, not knowing why she's fighting anymore. She fears if she questions it, only madness and despair will remain. She's ruined another Samus' chance at having parents, and she'd rather end that Samus' misery than watch her repeat all of her same mistakes.

That is why to this day, when Samus looks into Ridley's eyes, the darkest parts of her own soul are reflected back at her, and in a moment of understanding, she stares frozen, unable to move, unable to fight, because the horrible truth is, no one can fight who they really are.[/COLLAPSE]
Reminds me of Professor Zoom's origin.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'd like to point out that Ridley is actually Mega Man from the future reprogrammed by Dr. Wily to kill the original Blue Bomber. But due to a budget and scheduling snafu, the Space Pirates took over the project for Dr. Wily and turned him into a dragon instead.

Why a dragon? Because that's cool.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
[COLLAPSE="Click to see"]She only wanted to stop her parents not standing up to Ridley when she was a child and scarring her for life.

Let me explain...

Through the course of her life, she learns more about her parent's lives from the federation, and is puzzled as to why they didn't fight. As the years go by, she convinces herself that if they just had a different chance, if things had gone slightly differently, they would have saved themselves, and her life would have been worlds better.

That is why to this day, when Samus looks into Ridley's eyes, the darkest parts of her own soul are reflected back at her, and in a moment of understanding, she stares frozen, unable to move, unable to fight, because the horrible truth is, no one can fight who they really are.[/COLLAPSE]
You have a wild imagination... :o

That story is kind of a mind screw, but it makes sense in a way.

[COLLAPSE="Mind = blown"]
[/COLLAPSE]

I'd like to point out that Ridley is actually Mega Man from the future reprogrammed by Dr. Wily to kill the original Blue Bomber. But due to a budget and scheduling snafu, the Space Pirates took over the project for Dr. Wily and turned him into a dragon instead.

of course, dragons are always cool.

that theory seems like Ridley is actually a bio-weapon. not that there's anything wrong with that.

Speaking of Ridley and Megaman, that reminds me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd6gG3ohAZk

:troll:
lolz

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

I mean, I was trying to exclude that part for clarity's sake, once you start to explain that portion a lot people start to lose you.

And not just a dragon. A space pirate dragon. sometimes metal. that's like 100x cooler.

You have a wild imagination... :o

That story is kind of a mind screw, but it makes sense in a way.

why thank you xD

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Does anyone have like an image of Ice Ridley from Metroid Blast or a video of the battle? I was curious as to what its design was like (the ice dragon Kyurem's one of my favorites of gen 5 if that tells you anything) but couldn't find anything on it online aside from a written guide that tells how to beat him. Wouldn't of known Ice Rids even existed if a couple of my IRL friends who got a Wii-U around launch and played the hell out of Blast didn't tell me. o.o

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Why, it's Ice Ridley of course. :troll:

But seriously, I really like the art.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What artwork is that for? It looks like Meta but more organic.
I believe that is fanart done by LordEric. It's pretty old by now, but it looks like some of Prime's rough art, so it often gets confused for official stuff.

[COLLAPSE="Original Pic"]
[/COLLAPSE]

GiornoGiovanna

Smash Rookie
Okay, so here's my idea for Ridley.

Size-wise, Ridley borrows a bit from his Other M "adolescent" form in terms of basic body structure and size, crawling on all-fours like a lizard and staying low off the ground. His tail is curled up like a scorpion's ready to strike, and his wings, while on the ground, are shrunken and folded up. He's slow and long, but also is always crouching, meaning he can dodge some high attacks, but overall he's not a decent character when on the ground and has weak jumps/recovery. He's also a light-weight heavy, around Charizard.

He attacks with bites, claws slashing, and occasionally his tail. A fast character who can rack up damage, but he's got weak knock-back overall and his attacks hit low and can be jumped over. His Grab has him using his tail as a hookshot-like object, grabbing the foe and pulling them in, which he can then unleash powerful throws.

The game-changer of Ridley is his Up-B, "Devil Wings", which is like Pit's Wings of Icarus move, although Ridley is much more agile when flying around and easier to steer, although he's a larger target. Ridley's flight-time is COMPOUNDED, meaning it doesn't recover when he lands...instead it will continue to decrease as you fly till his wings disappear, and he won't grow them back for a decent amount of time. So you can't spam Devil Wings the whole battle. This is to "balance" Ridley out as, when he's flying, he can utilize stronger versions of his Special Moves.

Neutral Special is Flare Barrage, where he shoots out five fireballs successively in a straight line if you hold B. When Flying, Ridley instead shoots out a giant fireball diagonally downward that's far more powerful.

Side Special is Scorpion Strike, where he charges up and then shoots his tail forward like a spear to pierce foes and can be used to tether recovery. When used while Flying, Ridley shoots his tail downward, strikes a foe, and then pulls them up and tosses them skyward.

Down Special is Nail Scrape, Ridley jumps forward a bit and, if he lands on a foe, he'll scrape them along the ground with his claws and then throw them (like the move he used on Samus in the SSE cutscene). When used while jumping, he instead slams them down right into the ground. When Flying, Ridley swoops down and slashes his claws in a downward arc, possibly Meteor Smashing foes below.

So, my idea with Ridley is that his Flying Abilities are VERY strong...but highly limited as he can't use Devil Wings that long as they fizzle out quickly and must recharge. And without his wings, Ridley can barely jump and has a hard time moving around the stage. So players must seek a balance, only utilizing Devil Wings during the best and most opportunistic situations. Or else they're left with a lanky, purple lizard who is slow as molasses.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
long post cut short as possible

(might sound like a rude intro sorry plz its not dont wanna make a TL DR post...)

Been prowling around on this forums for couple months now expecially in this 'SSB4 Character Discussion' section and also at this thread!

why? because ima huge metroid and smash fan played all smash and metroid games except other m.. sold Wii its horrible.

but yes i seriously dont think any1 here on this thread wants Ridley more in this game then me.. i love dark samus too.. my name which is also XBL GT: is inspired by metroid ofc u noticed.

you have all seen that brawl vid of a chrizard re-skinned as Ridley on that tom nook stage.

i have found mannny more much better in-depth vidz of playable ridley and i am astonished as to why no one else has posted them... they werent hard to find at all..

i will post em in my next post for ppl who havent seen these vidz before your gonna be gobsmacked at how awsome they are.. its unreal...

:phone:

these vidz you must see there not vidz were ridley is a clone there him with proper detail and his OWN MOVES ! as if he were a legitamate character himself. i hope this thread gets max revied xD bkus that something i also want.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ocE3Yukx7uI

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d5s9HwnGMAg

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cDDYcHwvdbU

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VyvWCMZ4s60

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
long post cut short as possible

(might sound like a rude intro sorry plz its not dont wanna make a TL DR post...)

Been prowling around on this forums for couple months now expecially in this 'SSB4 Character Discussion' section and also at this thread!

why? because ima huge metroid and smash fan played all smash and metroid games except other m.. sold Wii its horrible.

but yes i seriously dont think any1 here on this thread wants Ridley more in this game then me.. i love dark samus too.. my name which is also XBL GT: is inspired by metroid ofc u noticed.

you have all seen that brawl vid of a chrizard re-skinned as Ridley on that tom nook stage.

i have found mannny more much better in-depth vidz of playable ridley and i am astonished as to why no one else has posted them... they werent hard to find at all..

i will post em in my next post for ppl who havent seen these vidz before your gonna be gobsmacked at how awsome they are.. its unreal...

Yeah, I remember people making these. Hackers pull off some pretty crazy stuff. Welcome to the forums, happy to see another supporter!

(i too like dark samus)

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I believe that is fanart done by LordEric. It's pretty old by now, but it looks like some of Prime's rough art, so it often gets confused for official stuff.

[COLLAPSE="Original Pic"]
[/COLLAPSE]
Yeah.. I remember too when this used to be confused for official art at times as well, far as the Ridley part at least which covers most of the image.

http://iiwallpapers.com/images/big/metroid-norfair-ridley-vs-samus-ridley-vs-samus-wallpaper.jpg

@ GiornoGiovanna: I like that scorpion comparison and to an extent, your way for balancing him as far as the Devil Wings move. Pretty well thought.

And welcome aboard, Dark Phazon.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I wrote this essay about Ridley back in 2010, so there is probably some dated stuff in there, but it basically sums up why Ridley is the most deserving newcomer at this point:

Smash Bros. is constantly referred to as being a collection of Nintendo’s “All-Stars” or rather the most important characters from its universes. Its biggest all-stars joined in the original with the main heroes of most of it’s A-list and B-list franchises joining in the original. Melee continued this tradition by having most of its newcomers be important characters from A-list series (Bowser, Peach, Zelda, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Marth). Many were disappointed that more all-stars were not added with Melee. However, with Smash’s third installment it seemed to have rectified this. Important and recognizable characters such as Wario, Diddy Kong, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Olimar, and Red (Pokemon Trainer) were added. Like with Melee two retros were added (Pit and ROB), as well as a slew of promotional characters (Lucario, Ike, Toon Link). For the first time third-party characters were added as well. Most people were satisfied with this roster, and many felt that there were few, if any, more worthy additions to be made to the overall roster of Smash Bros.

Perhaps the only character that comes to mind that is an “all-star” and has not been added to Smash Bros.’s playable roster is Ridley. Ridley is argued by many to be the main antagonist of the Metroid series (though was never the final boss with the exception of the Ridley Robot in Zero Mission). Ridley is often compared to Revolver Ocelot in that despite usually never being the final boss, he is almost always shows up somewhere in Metal Gear. Samus herself calls Ridley her arch-nemesis, and is the most recognizable and re-occurring character from the Metroid series outside of Samus herself. Ridley also happened to be the most requested newcomer among the Western Smash Bros. fanbase excluding Sonic. The Metroid series has had 11 games to date, and out of those 11 games, Ridley has been in 8 of them.

By comparison, most of the commonly requested characters for Smash 4 are either minor characters from A-list and B-list series or the main hero from a C-list series.

Ridley by contrast has continued to be make appearances in main Metroid installments. Even in the recently release Metroid Other M (which is not a spoilers considering he was known to be in it since its unveiling trailer back in 2009). Ridley is a being who strikes terror in even the hearts of those have seen and fought him (yes, even Samus) [lol i cant believe i wrote that back before Other M was released]. Ridley is even referred to as being, “The Cunning God of Death” in the Zero Mission instruction booklet. Ridley has shown himself to be on an almost magical level of coming back and that death has been more of an inconvenience for him rather than an end.

Ridley is probably Nintendo’s third most popular villain, with the only two holding more popularity being Bowser and Ganondorf. Also, unlike other Nintendo villains, Ridley has a deep personal connection with Samus, with Ridley having been the one to have orphaned Samus and murdered her parents. It was Ridley’s attack on her colony, that gave Samus the desire to become a bounty hunter, and to protect innocents from Space Pirate attacks. No other Nintendo hero probably has a deep hatred for the villain from within their own series outside of a few Fire Emblem games. Heck, in gaming in general, Ridley is unlike any other re-occurring villain (Bowser, Ganondorf, Dr. Wily, Dracula) in that Ridley usually never makes his entrance to the player at the end, but rather offers some faint “hints” that he is still there and waiting to strike at a moment when the player has forgotten about him (this is mostly evident in the Prime games).

Ridley lives up to his title as “The Cunning God of Death” in that like death, one can know of it inevitability (all people die, and in most Metroid games Ridley manifests), and like most people, humans are not sure what their demise will be just like how Samus does not know how Ridley will manifest himself in her latest mission. Like death, it can be a surprise (an accident or sudden bodily injury) or a build-up (like a terminal illness), Ridley following in the reaper’s footsteps either giving the player no indication of when he will strike, or sometimes leaving hints that he is within the player’s vicinity (such as the computer monitors with his head on it on Pirate Homeworld). Like death, Ridley can never be conquered, simply warded off for a time, eventually the reaper will call the name of mortals like how Ridley will return to torment Samus. Ridley’s sadism goes beyond that of sociopath, he is more like a force of nature, something that cannot be reasoned with, a monster, a force, that simply exists. Ridley’s continued existence is to prove to Samus that like saving your life from death’s claws, defeating Ridley is a temporary victory. At the back of Samus’s mind, does she wonder that Ridley will keep returning until he draws her last breath from her? Like death, Ridley is more than adversary for Samus, he is a part of her life and psyche, and a constant reminder of her own mortality and weakness.

Ridley despite being one of Nintendo’s most iconic characters from their A-list and B-list series has yet to make a playable appearance in Smash Bros. One of the most curious things about this is not only Ridley’s massive popularity but the fact that he has been in every Smash Bros. to date. In the original, he flew in the background to the Planet Zebes stage (King Dedede had a similar role in the original Smash Bros. in which he flew in the background the Dreamland stage). Ridley appeared again in the Melee intro fighting Samus (interestingly enough, Ridley was roughly the same size as Samus in the intro), and also appeared as a detailed trophy. Ridley was a highly requested character back during the Melee roster speculation days, however, the main excuse used by skeptics was that Metroid had been a series in long hiatus (however, defenders used the fact that two new Metroid games were on the way). Regardless, Ridley, along with many other highly requested characters (such as Wario, Diddy Kong, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Wolf, and Pit) did not get in Melee as a playable character.

However, unlike the other popularly suggested characters for Melee, Ridley did not make it in Brawl as a playable character. Instead, he appeared as two boss fights, had his old stomping grounds as an arena (Norfair), received two trophies, two stickers, and two remixes of his theme. Ridley, being the most requested character for Brawl (outside of Sonic), left many fans disappointed to find out he was unplayable yet again. Ridley soon found himself amid a crowd of mostly minor characters from more important series and heroes from minor series in regards to competing for a spot on Smash 4’s roster. However, the aftermath of Ridley’s boss status in Brawl came a new meme which proved to be Ridley’s greatest obstacle: “He is too big.”

There has been a great deal of apologist work done on this subject matter so I will not go particularly into detail about the inanity of it. Two important things to look at is that size has always been modified for Smash fighters. Ganondorf is usually twice the size of Link, however, in Smash, he is usually only slightly taller than him. Also, Bowser has become a giant in the main Mario series, however, he has been a playable character since Melee. Also, characters that are notable for their size such as Olimar, have also had their size changed (in series canon, Olimar is only the size of a quarter, yet in Smash he usually goes up to the knees of a lot of fighters). Not to mention, that in Melee’s intro, Ridley was given size and proportions that were similar to other fighters.

Regarding this issue, Sakurai (the creator and director of the Smash Bros. series) himself has commented on it. It is interesting to note, that Ridley was the only character that Sakurai has commented on regarding their absence from the roster. Here is exact text from the interview in which Sakurai commented on why Ridley was not playable in Brawl:

Nintendo Power: There was a rumor at one point about Ridley being playable. Was that ever a consideration?

Sakurai: I think that would probably be pretty impossible. [Laughs] If we had put our best efforts into it, we may have been able to do it. But he might have been a little slow. Would that be all right? [Laughs]

In Sakurai’s own words he says he could have made Ridley playable if his team had put more effort into it, and considering that Sakurai’s team was pressed for time (he mentioned that he wanted to put more characters in, however, he could not do so due to time constraints). I also think Ridley was placed in as a boss primarily to give the Subspace Emissary so more star power. However, since Ridley being a boss is Smash Bros. (he has already been featured in two boss fights), is now old news, perhaps a fresher approach to Ridley in Smash Bros. would be for him to finally make a playable appearance.

Not to mention that even fans have been able to get Ridley to fit in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyvWCMZ4s60

Regardless, there is no one else left in the Nintendo universes that is as important and recognized as Ridley that has not been given a playable spot yet. Perhaps, the only characters that would have more star power than Ridley in regards to Smash 4’s roster would be a third-party guest newcomer such as Mega Man. Ridley is the last Nintendo all-star to not be given a playable position. The last important character from Nintendo’s A-list series to not be playable. Other characters may be requested from these series, however, they all lack the popularity and recognition that Ridley has.

Ridley has been my most requested Smash Bros. character for almost a decade. I have wanted him in Smash Bros. ever since I saw him in the opening trailer for Melee and I have been a fan of him ever since I player Super Metroid for the first time back in 1994. Truly, I feel there are no other important additions to be made to the Smash Bros. roster aside from Ridley. The only reason I am even following Smash 4 is in the hope that Ridley will finally be made playable. I am closing in on 10 years [now closing in on 12] since I wanted Ridley playable in Smash Bros. and so far Ridley has yet to make his playable debut in the Nintendo all-star franchise.

I am guessing that Sakurai’s next project after Kid Icarus Uprising will be Smash 4 considering that the Wii’s life cycle seems to be drawing near an end, with more and more people being curious as to when Nintendo will finally announce a successor to the Wii. Considering the DS’s life cycle was about six years, and the Wii is on a similar level of success to it. I am guessing the Wii’s successor will be released in late 2012. No doubt Nintendo will ask Sakurai to have a trailer prepared for the system’s Smash 4 in time for its announcement (though I can see it not happening) [looks like my pessimism won out]. E3 2012 could very well be the time in which we finally see Smash 4 [Could being the operative word, it didn't. Onward to E3 2013]. Usually, some of the most popularly requested characters for the previous Smash game are made into playable characters for its opening unveil. With Melee it was Bowser, Peach, and Sheik. With Brawl it was Wario, Meta Knight, and Pit. What all-stars are left besides Ridley? Smash 4 represents Ridley’s last chance for Smash. He has hardly any competition for spots and is by far the more recognized Nintendo character not yet playable. Ridley is one of the few reasons I am even anticipating a new Smash Bros. I am waiting for the last all-star, Ridley.

Thank you for your time in reading this piece, and I hope that others share my convictions about Ridley and his worth to be made playable in the next Smash Bros.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I like that playstyle suggested by GiornoGiovanna. Very well done. Will be checking this thread out for a bit.

D

Deleted member

Let's hypothetically say this GameFaqs leaker is legit.
How do you guys propose Ridmite (Little Birdie) and Midrid (Mystery Creature) would work for fighting? Especially Ridmite.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
How do you guys propose Ridmite (Little Birdie) and Midrid (Mystery Creature) would work for fighting? Especially Ridmite.
I'd imagine a system where Ridley evolves every time you made a kill and gets stronger, but reverts back to Little Birdie every time Ridley is killed.

Little Birdie is essentially a joke character at first, with a lot of bad traits hindering it. Then it evolves into Mystery Creature where it starts to become more competent in varies areas, then it finally becomes Ridley and become a character so powerful it feels incredibly broken.

Basically Magikarp Power in character form.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
what the....wow..WHSTTRRD! are you lot talking about!..if this happens i seriously will never ever buy anything that has a ''Nintendo'' label on it again!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Oh, that. I'm indifferent about it, but doubt it would happen at the same time.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Well i havent been here in a while. ChronoBound that was a beautiful essay. not only was ridley essential to samus becoming a bounty hunter, he is the sole reason she got the power armor, as the world was destroyed she was adopted by the Chozo.
That rumor, scares me a little. I dont want to start an OM look fight, but that pterodactyl looking ridley jumping around the stage is scary. But not the moves OM would bring. That game, in my opinion best represented ridley in combat.
Also, Dark Phazon, glad to see you support the metroid franchise. It is extremely under-represented in my opinion. And many ridley supporters are also Dark Samus supporters, and i hope you check out that thread as well. It could use some new blood.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
that picture is my phones screen saver..ahh what a coincidence..

ima huge metroid fan i was nuts about dark samus but waiting sooo long for a metroid prime 4.. i alwayz liked Ridley but now i like him more then Dark Samus. after killing parasite queen and evacuating the cut scene when meta ridley destroys the ceiling! hohoh sooo sick xD.

my XBL GT: is ''DARK PHAZ0N''
my XBL Profile picture is Meta Ridley! xD im as fanboyish as it comes..xD well im not biased though i respect over pplz wishes.

for smash4 i would rather want Ridley in then dark samus though... but i have a very nice moveset for dark samus.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'd imagine a system where Ridley evolves every time you made a kill and gets stronger, but reverts back to Little Birdie every time Ridley is killed.

Little Birdie is essentially a joke character at first, with a lot of bad traits hindering it. Then it evolves into Mystery Creature where it starts to become more competent in varies areas, then it finally becomes Ridley and become a character so powerful it feels incredibly broken.

Basically Magikarp Power in character form.
Other M controversies aside...

while this is a nice idea for the character, it would be sort of difficult to balance with the other characters, especially with the whole idea of being deliberately weak at first.

it is a nice idea, but it would be difficult to implement it during gameplay.

I'd prefer if they just did the classic form present in most Metroid games.

Top Bottom