• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If Ridley somehow doesn't show up at all you can probably expect the "planned but scrapped at the last minute" rumors to start making the rounds. :/

Good thing that situation won't happen in the first place though.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
No, the worst thing that could happen to Ridley is if the character doesn't show up at all.

No matter what anyone says, no appearance is worse then a minor appearance.
Considering that the big guy has been in every Smash game up to this point, his absence from this one seems extremely unlikely.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Considering that the big guy has been in every Smash game up to this point, his absence from this one seems extremely unlikely.
That isn't a statement stating odds, it's more like a hypothetical scenario.

That hypothetical situation being that the worst case scenario is Ridley not showing up at all.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
You know what would be the worst thing that could happen to Ridley? If he ended up being a stage hazard, but at the exact size we want him to be playable. Us supporters would get pissed to no end for obvious reasons, and Ridley haters would also be pissed because their bs argument would be reduced to dust...
Meta-Ridley in Brawl wasn't that far from being at a reasonable playable size, or at least it seemed that way like when you saw him hanging on the edge of the Falcon Flyer, the way you see a regular character hanging on the edge of a stage. As far as the naysayers will be concerned though, they'll have won and nothing about their arguments will have been destroyed at all if Ridley's a hazard, regardless of what his size happens to be.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Ridley will make it!

Cherrrrrah!!!!!!!!!!!

Just look at this BAMF

Can I just say that I think it's pretty funny that Ridley is around the same size or even SMALLER (in the second picture's case) than the character alongside Ridley?

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Ridley haters would never be frustrated if a playable-sized Ridley was made a stage hazard. They'd just use the chance to cling to whatever reason why they think it happened and claim it as word of god. Heck, they wouldn't even have to be logical about it anymore as the basis of their argument would center around "LOL just look at what Sakurai decided as proof".

Haters don't do logic.

Morbi

Scavenger
If Ridley somehow doesn't show up at all you can probably expect the "planned but scrapped at the last minute" rumors to start making the rounds. :/

Good thing that situation won't happen in the first place though.
I don't necessarily think that would be a rumor though. I don't see why that wouldn't be the case (unless he wasn't planned at all, which doesn't seem entirely likely as he is completely and utterly aware of the demand, no doubt he would at the very least be considered). :ohwell:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
So apparently Shokio is considering doing a part 2 on his toobigot video that got thousands of views/likes or something, so yeah... Be prepared for that possibly, not that I'd go out of my way to make a video response to him, as I'm not really eager to make a name for myself on YouTube, despite having had a channel with a few measly videos for years now.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't necessarily think that would be a rumor though. I don't see why that wouldn't be the case (unless he wasn't planned at all, which doesn't seem entirely likely as he is completely and utterly aware of the demand, no doubt he would at the very least be considered). :ohwell:
Just because it's a rumor doesn't mean it's false, it very well could be true, but unless we get some sort of clarification on it (which probably isn't that likely), it would just be a suspicion turned rumor.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

Sometimes Miiverse, you do good.
I always wondered why Palutena was so small compared to the rest of the gods in Kid Icarus. Maybe she was just crazy prepared in case of the possibility she'd be the next Kid Icarus rep?

That hypothetical situation being that the worst case scenario is Ridley not showing up at all.
No, the worst case scenario would be that Sakurai suddenly forgets about Ridley's existence.

Interviewer: Thank you for being here with us Mr. Sakurai, and for another fantastic addition into the Super Smash Bros. series.
Sakurai: The honor is mine. I'd like to thank Namco-Bandi for their arduous efforts in helping develop these two games simultaneously, and for their achievements in balancing out the game roster. I don't think it would have been the same without their help.
Interviewer: We're just overwhelmed by all the new features, except for one thing...
Sakurai: Yes, what would that be?
Interviewer: We'd like to know why you didn't make Ridley a playable character.
Sakurai: ...Who?
Interviewer: Ridley. The main villain of the Metroid series. He's appeared in every Super Smash Bros. game to date.
Sakurai: I don't know who you're talking about. *laughs*

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I always wondered why Palutena was so small compared to the rest of the gods in Kid Icarus. Maybe she was just crazy prepared in case of the possibility she'd be the next Kid Icarus rep?

No, the worst case scenario would be that Sakurai suddenly forgets about Ridley's existence.

Interviewer: Thank you for being here with us Mr. Sakurai, and for another fantastic addition into the Super Smash Bros. series.
Sakurai: The honor is mine. I'd like to thank Namco-Bandi for their arduous efforts in helping develop these two games simultaneously, and for their achievements in balancing out the game roster. I don't think it would have been the same without their help.
Interviewer: We're just overwhelmed by all the new features, except for one thing...
Sakurai: Yes, what would that be?
Interviewer: We'd like to know why you didn't make Ridley a playable character.
Sakurai: ...Who?
Interviewer: Ridley. The main villain of the Metroid series. He's appeared in every Super Smash Bros. game to date.
Sakurai: I don't know who you're talking about. *laughs*
Oh! That would be a great episode of the Twilight Zone.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior

In that case, I agree with you.

Sorry for the poor wording everyone, I meant to say that the "too big" argument would at the very least be destroyed. I know that if that were to happen, the haters would still continue to do so, for whatever reason that may be. I'm still trying to understand why people hate this much on Ridley of all characters. I mean if he had an annoying or obnoxious personality, then okay. If he were an unreasonably difficult boss, then maybe. But as far as the games are concerned there is not enough interaction with the player to warrant hate at such a large scale...

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I really hope Ridley gets revealed out of the blue. You'd wake up and check the site to be greeted by the "CHALLENGER APPROACHING" banner and see Ridley's glorious visage in the daily pic. This would be followed by pinching on a global scale to see if it was just a dream, but it wouldn't be. My point is, it'd be more fun to be blindsided than for his reveal to be a part of a direct where everyone is expecting something.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I been investigating the supposed tail in the pyrosphere, I am trying to find what the white portion of the tail image. I thought it could be the white portion of the lines on the wall. this is the lines I am talking about prob is I can not find one the matches where the white in the tail is

Attachments

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I been investigating the supposed tail in the pyrosphere, I am trying to find what the white portion of the tail image. I thought it could be the white portion of the lines on the wall. this is the lines I am talking about prob is I can not find one the matches where the white in the tail is
Don't worry about it Soviet. What seemed to start as a joke turned into something awful. There is nothing back there. I see your Ridley posts on GAF as well, I don't think you need to worry so much.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Ridley confirmed for having a giantess fetish?
Well the Metroid Queen did suck him dry..

At any rate, I'm trying to find some way to make today's update pertain to Ridley. Because y'know, we're the only character thread that can do that.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Personally, I was hoping that we'd find purple in the background.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Ridley haters would never be frustrated if a playable-sized Ridley was made a stage hazard. They'd just use the chance to cling to whatever reason why they think it happened and claim it as word of god. Heck, they wouldn't even have to be logical about it anymore as the basis of their argument would center around "LOL just look at what Sakurai decided as proof".

Haters don't do logic.
If Ridley actually manages to make it in and was made feasible for the game, I would love to see their reactions, especially over at GameFAQs. That... would be epically entertaining.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
If Ridley actually manages to make it in and was made feasible for the game, I would love to see their reactions, especially over at GameFAQs. That... would be epically entertaining.
I would not expect any satisfying reactions if I was you, looking at their reactions to Rosalina and Toad.
Rosalina : I always know she had a shot, I was one of her supporter.
Toad : Like if he had any chance to be include to begin with, I only put him in my roster because everyone else did.

My prediction for Ridley reactions :
If Ridley is in :
-I was kidding of course, it was just to make fun of the "too big" meme, I was in fact, one of his supporter.
-That doesn't look like Ridley, we were right.

If Ridley isn't include :
-We were right, Ridley is too big, this is your proof.
-As a Metroid fan, I'm really happy to see that Ridley is a stage hazard, as a true Ridley fan I would have been really disappointed if he was resized, since being big is what makes Ridley who he is.

Not that it matters much anyway, I would be too happy about Ridley inclusion to look at their reactions.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Though I may be what you could say pretty pessimistic about someone like Ridley during these times, I've never been on that level. But yeah, it is pretty disheartening thanks to the revelation of Pyrosphere and stuff. I hope your mentioned scenario gives some of those extremer pessimists something to think about though at least.

Yep. Sometimes though I wish I was still that naive/gullible in a weird way, because of how much ignorance is bliss and all.

Change it to what? :ohwell:
More Cleavage.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I swear ''Demanded'' & a ''Challenge''

Is 2 of Sakurai's biggest motivaters?

Ridley is both imo.....

Last part of 2013 was good for me....this year is looking pretty bad already...Sm4sh is the biggest thing im looking forward to thid year atm...Sakurai make it happen.

My birthday tommorrow too.........sigh...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
More amazing work by M&Sguy. I really wish this pose could be Ridley's run, with his wings beating furiously, but unless he was as fast as/faster than Sonic, it would look really awkward.
Frankly, no one should be outrunning Sonic; he's supposed to be the fastest runner alive.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Frankly, no one should be outrunning Sonic; he's supposed to be the fastest runner alive.
That's what I'm saying. Not to mention that a character with Ridley's supposed semi-bulk being as fast as Sonic, and with lightning-fast and powerful aerials, would make him Meta Knight to the umpteenth power.

My prediction for Ridley reactions :
If Ridley is in :
-I was kidding of course, it was just to make fun of the "too big" meme, I was in fact, one of his supporter.
-That doesn't look like Ridley, we were right.

If Ridley isn't include :
-We were right, Ridley is too big, this is your proof.
-As a Metroid fan, I'm really happy to see that Ridley is a stage hazard, as a true Ridley fan I would have been really disappointed if he was resized, since being big is what makes Ridley who he is.
Wow, this crap is spot on. The internet is about as predictable as Mario's inclusion in Smash Bros., that's for sure.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
More Cleavage.
Not sure how much further I could go with that before it becomes too forum site inappropriate though.

And happy early birthday. Mine was on Nintendo's E3/Smash 4's reveal last year (June 11th). :awesome:

Ridley X Palutena confirmed !
Make it happen Sakurai !
I'd support this mostly because it would prolly irk some KI fans. :troll: They're both gods at least in title anyway aren't they?

And yeah, nice model image M&SG.

Top Bottom