• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Don't worry guys, it's just Sakurai showing some support for the Ridley X Palutena pairing.

I mean they have so much in common :
- Both gods.
- Have gone full genocide on humans at some point.
- Leader of an army.
- Their main ennemy in their series is a woman.
- Have their own stage on the Wii U versions.
- Their series have already a rep.
- Have large wings.
- TOO BIG
That, and they're sister series, too. Kid Icarus and Metroid ran on the same engine!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mother Brain's a blob in a jar with strong, independent woman who don't need no man!
Next you'll be telling me that Megaman is a chain-smoking kid in green. Or that Simon Belmont is a cocky show-off.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon

bobadz

Smash Ace
I find it interesting he mentiond Palutena and Viridi by name and not the "figure from Samus's past".

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That is a curious observation; he's being quite coy with the characters he knows people give a damn about.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I think he just enjoys screwing with our heads to be frank.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So guys... Just saying....

Creator of Brawl in the Family - Ridley Supporter.

http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/2013/09/20/512-smash-voters-captain-falcon/ (After 3rd paragraph below the comic)

Mew2King - Ridley Supporter.

http://youtu.be/vomz5P1TfV8?t=46s

ScrewAttack! - Ridley Supporter. (Well yeah, they are called "Screw Attack"... :p)

http://youtu.be/WgnTuehWlzc?t=3m56s

Ridley Is Wanted. Make it happen Sakurai.
I knew about ScrewAttack and Matthew (BitF) but I didn't know Mew2King was a Ridley supporter. That's really ****ing awesome!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That is a curious observation; he's being quite coy with the characters he knows people give a damn about.
Would it be too out there to say he's some sort of vampire? But instead of blood, he feeds on hype of characters?

http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/2013/09/20/512-smash-voters-captain-falcon/ (After 3rd paragraph below the comic)

ScrewAttack! - Ridley Supporter. (Well yeah, they are called "Screw Attack"... :p)

Yeah, I thought it was pretty cool that Mew2King is a fan of Ridley too.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Generally the best way to handle things, people allow themselves to get too upset over a character prospect somehow getting in the way of their characters they tend to lose all sense of realistic expectations for a situation. People have the mindset that if certain characters get in that they wouldn't get their character in. Even though there is some kind of weird logic behind it, it assumes that Sakurai and his team are considering every character possibility when they probably have characters we talk ever talk about and say let's do this character, well we want to do this other one so we'll have to drop this one. Though I assume some of that does happen, I'm sure there's alot of characters that are not even ever looked at and wouldn't be impacted by another character's appearance.

Though I think Ridley gets more hate then normal because he's a popular idea more then anything else. Of all the characters on my own list, I don't think any of them get the same level of hate thrown at them.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Rosalina, Little Mac, Ridley, Mii and now Palutena have/are all been hanging up in the air, all which have been considered front-runner by the community too (except Rosalina of course.) I'm fairly certain Sakurai knows more about us than we give him credit for sometimes.

Let's hope the other guys follow Rosalina's path.

Maybe except Mii...

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I like Mii, but I really don't care either way if he gets in.

I personally believe that he's a greater chance of appearing than he doesn't, but nothing's for sure.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
It's actually surprising that there is not a single Mii visible on Wuhu Island like pretty much every game Wuhu Island appears in.
There is also no Mii trapped in the cage of the Find Mii stage =/

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Rosalina, Little Mac, Ridley, Mii and now Palutena have/are all been hanging up in the air, all which have been considered front-runner by the community too (except Rosalina of course.) I'm fairly certain Sakurai knows more about us than we give him credit for sometimes.

Let's hope the other guys follow Rosalina's path.

Maybe except Mii...
Yeah, that's why I think people are seriously deluded when they theorize that "Maybe Sakurai made Ridley a stage hazard and isn't showing him yet because he doesn't know fans want him and will be disappointed if he's teased for months then revealed." I mean, come on, really?

And yes, let's keep the Hiitler and the Piinises as far away from Smash as possible, please.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
It's actually surprising that there is not a single Mii visible on Wuhu Island like pretty much every game Wuhu Island appears in.
It's especially strange because Mii isn't just one character. You could have a Mii playable and still have a ton of them in the crowds and stuff.

Oh, and, uh, Ridley with a Mii riding on his back, for relevance.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
We've only seen one pic of the Find Mii stage right? We could end up seeing more, which could show a Mii or two in the background.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

Real-Talk-2.jpg

FindRidley should have been the name of the Pyrosphere stage.
new-canaan-waldo.jpg
but hes too BiG right? So Ridly should be easy to find...right....

Last edited by a moderator:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Is there really anyone who DOES NOT WANT Ridley? It would be much, much easier to compile that list than people who want him.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Of course there are. There's always people out there who will disagree to any given subject.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Is there really anyone who DOES NOT WANT Ridley? It would be much, much easier to compile that list than people who want him.
99% of the people on Miiverse. (irrelevant; stupidity)

75% of the people on YouTube. (irrelevant; stupidity)

100% of TooBigots. (irrelevant; stupidity/stubbornness)

List complete.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Sadly yes :

-The too big argument still exist for a reason,

-There is people who just don't want to even aknowledge the possibility of a playable Ridley,

-People who think that Sakurai bassicaly confirmed Ridley as a stage hazard on the Pyrosphere,

-People who are scared that Ridley take the slot of a character they want,

-"True Ridley fans" who goes crazy at the simple mention of resizing Ridley and who claim that he need to stay a boss/be a stage hazard to stay true to his character,

-People who think that Ridley is just a mindless monster,

-People who think he would be a clone of Bowser/Charizard,

-People who are scared that Ridley would be broken,

-People who think don't need/deserve another rep,

-People who say that since Metroid is about isolation, a Metroid rep other than Samus should not happen to represent better the ambiance of the Metroid series,

-People who say that say that Sakurai only see Ridley as a boss and nothing else and so that Ridley will stay that way,

-People who say that Ridley would not fit well with the rest of the playable cast,

-People who think a hunter, a chozo or a space pirate deserve more to be playable than Ridley,

-People who just don't care about the Metroid series,

-People who just want other characters first.

That's all the reason I've seen used by people so far to not include Ridley in SSB4.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am not entirely sure about what I want, I mean, I want Ridley to prove that he can be in Smash and he sounds like an absolutely fun character. However, based on his difficulty of development, he might take up extra time and thus attenuate the chances of other characters on the priority list. I cannot fallaciously proclaim that I am not worried about whether or not Sakurai will actually implement him properly. I don't have the utmost confidence in his team.

It is 50/50 for me. I will be excited and hyped if he is actually in the game, I will most likely main him. However, if he isn't in, I am not going to be torn up about it at all. I think it is easier to just say that I am indifferent.

Top Bottom