• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Could? Yes. Would? Not likely at all. K. Roodley would use their iconic designs (or, in the purple one's case, potentially his Other M one) if they got in.
Stupid sarcasm being nigh undetectable via text. If I see any Ridley being hazardous on a particular stage without a character page, I'm packing it up, terrible Other M design or not. I would love to be wrong in that situation though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Link is to say anything, we could have Super Nintendo Ridley as playable, and other M Ridley as a hazard.

I mean, they ARE 2 different characters

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Nice Destoroyah is an oxymoron.
Don't push your pre-conceived notions of "nice" on Destroyah. Maybe you shouldn't be so judgmental. I bet every time you see a huge monster with laser spikes you think "that guy's an asshole".... racist.

Epiphany: Ridley needs laser spikes.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
This looks like a massively improved version of the old Ridley PSA. Is there a demonstration video with this one? I'd really like to see all of his attacks and animations.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
A small group of hackers can make Ridley playable yet sakurai and a team of Nintendo workers can't? Smh
Everyone knows that Nintendo of Japan doesn't give a crap about Metroid, except for perhaps Shigeru Miyamoto and Kensuke Tanabe.:p

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
If only that Meta-Ridley had some of its trademark specials from Prime 1 (like the missiles, meson bombs, etc). Would probably be impossible for a Brawl hack though, so won't fault it for not having those or anything.

But yeah, overall, not bad I guess. Definitely a step above the others. Plus it's not too often you see hacks like that for Meta-Ridley like you do the regular version, so felt rather fresh in that regard. Seeing that other Ridley in the background constantly staring at the opponents was kinda awkward though.

Everyone knows that Nintendo of Japan doesn't give a crap about Metroid, except for perhaps Shigeru Miyamoto and Kensuke Tanabe.:p
And Sakamoto, whether some like it or not. Though, I doubt even Miyamoto cares much for the series.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Said it before, and I'll say it again. I would've preferred no Ridley period than the crappy Dyna-blade rip-off that was easy even on the hard difficulties.

At last a Brawl hack Ridley that doesn't completely suck.
That's not a new hack. I've seen that Ridley before. It just looks like Meta Ridley now and is darker (and harder to see). It seems a tad cleaner than before, but hard to tell.

Meanwhile that Ridley in the background looks far better... =(

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well, Sakurai did post pictures on his Twitter of two different Samus figures he had sometime in 2012 (one Power Suit, one Zero Suit), so I'm sure that he's somewhat of a fan too. Though I'd argue that since he works on a game like Smash Bros it's kind of his job to go in-depth with the franchises.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

At last a Brawl hack Ridley that doesn't completely suck.
That was cool. Ridley's model didn't too bad for a mod. Though I would imagine he'd be at Bowser's size, here he looks to be the same height as Samus. But that might have to do with his hunched pose. One other thing, I'm surprised they didn't use Charizard as a base instead.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
That was cool. Ridley's model didn't too bad for a mod. Though I would imagine he'd be at Bowser's size, here he looks to be the same height as Samus. But that might have to do with his hunched pose. One other thing, I'm surprised they didn't use Charizard as a base instead.
They did use Charizard as a base, as can be seen with his N-air and his jump animation.

I've always disliked that Ridley model honestly, the head looks wicked weird, and his tail is way too small. At least the movements of this one is somewhat okay, they still need to fix his idle pose though.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Guys, if Ridley is "not supposed to be sized down", then Little Mac is too small for Smash. This here is taken straight from the horse's mouth on Brawl's website.

...But isn't he a little small?
http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_us/items/assist/assist10.html

If the Too Bigots seriously believe a guy like Ridley can't be resized and yet someone who was noted for being small can, then what value are their words? There's no way Little Mac should be made playable at this size, unless they decide to make him bigger.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Well, Sakurai did post pictures on his Twitter of two different Samus figures he had sometime in 2012 (one Power Suit, one Zero Suit), so I'm sure that he's somewhat of a fan too. Though I'd argue that since he works on a game like Smash Bros it's kind of his job to go in-depth with the franchises.
The later, and the figures are too cool to not have, even for a non Metroid fan.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
And Sakamoto, whether some like it or not. Though, I doubt even Miyamoto cares much for the series.
You're right about Sakamoto. I was just bitter over him doing absolutely nothing for Metroid's 25th anniversary, when Nintendo was showering praise after praise for its sister series Zelda. But Miyamoto spearheaded the development for the first Metroid Prime game, and even wanted Retro Studios to make it a first-person shooter. He also said that the Metroid mini-game in Nintendo Land represented his ideas for future Metroid games that he wants to do, considering it a franchise of high value. So no, Miyamoto does care about Metroid.

I wish so too, but everything about Metroid in the Super Smash Bros. series so far is just disappointing. Why do we have nothing but levels of Brinstar and Norfair despite the diverse, more memorable areas to explore? Why just Frigate Orpheon, instead of Phazon Mines or Phendrana Drifts? Why is Ridley like Dyna Blade instead of being, well, Ridley?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The reason why there is so many holes around the Geothermal Power Plant pics is because there purpose is to blue ball you

D

Deleted member

No point to this post; just that it's been a while since this gif was posted on this thread. :troll:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Alright, here's what I see.

King Dedede, Marth, and Toon Link are on the Pyrosphere stage. King Dedede is tired of the other guys **** so he decided to smash their faces in with the rage of a thousand suns. I don't see any talons or tails, all I see is King Dedede using his forward smash on Marth and Toon Link.
I think some PeePz took the ''Crack'' part of this thread litreally and overdosed.

RealTalk

Morbi

Scavenger
Guys, if Ridley is "not supposed to be sized down", then Little Mac is too small for Smash. This here is taken straight from the horse's mouth on Brawl's website.

...But isn't he a little small?
http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_us/items/assist/assist10.html

If the Too Bigots seriously believe a guy like Ridley can't be resized and yet someone who was noted for being small can, then what value are their words? There's no way Little Mac should be made playable at this size, unless they decide to make him bigger.
I just looked up his height, apparently he was originally 4'8". In Punch Out Wii, they scaled him up to 5'7".

Morbi

Scavenger
Same as it would on the Wii U but with the 3DS shading.

Duh.
I suppose you haven't seen the treachery that is Donkey Kong? The detail attenuated, repugnant fur textures ruining the beautiful ape? I just don't want that to happen to Ridley. I am just assuming that he is going to look like a purple blob. I hope he can pull it off.

D

Deleted member

So what if the 3DS has some graphical disturbances compared to the Wii U? It wouldn't make any sort of difference if Ridley was playable or had a non-playable role in both versions; Ridley would look the exact same either way on the 3DS.

So if he'd have "repugnant textures" as a playable character, he'd have them if he wasn't. Might as well wish he wouldn't appear at all in that case.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
That's not a new hack. I've seen that Ridley before. It just looks like Meta Ridley now and is darker (and harder to see). It seems a tad cleaner than before, but hard to tell.

Meanwhile that Ridley in the background looks far better... =(
I figured it probably wasn't new since I noticed some of the same moves as some of those other hacks, though I don't go out of my way to look at every Brawl mod pertaining to Ridley or anything of that nature. Especially not if he gets deconfirmed again, as looking at 'em would only make me more disappointed for what could've been.

Being a bit cleaner than before may be why I like that Meta-Ridley skin as much as I do then.

But background Ridley is too big! Kinda see what ya mean on the background one; looks pretty unique. What about the model do ya like most?

You're right about Sakamoto. I was just bitter over him doing absolutely nothing for Metroid's 25th anniversary, when Nintendo was showering praise after praise for its sister series Zelda. But Miyamoto spearheaded the development for the first Metroid Prime game, and even wanted Retro Studios to make it a first-person shooter. He also said that the Metroid mini-game in Nintendo Land represented his ideas for future Metroid games that he wants to do, considering it a franchise of high value. So no, Miyamoto does care about Metroid.
To be fair, Sakamoto had no more an obligation to do something for Metroid's 25th anniversary than the rest of Nintendo, but yeah. Disappointing that we didn't get anything for it like Zelda did, although expected.

Sakamoto also kinda supervised Prime's development like Miyamoto. Did not know it was Miyamoto's idea to make the game first person though. If that's the case then I take back my previous statement about him not caring about the series. :p Still, not sure all the changes that were made to the game because of him were good changes (the awesome looking scrapped content and all).

And completely forgot about that statement he made about Nintendo Land admittedly, so yeah. Sounds reassuring enough.

Last edited:
Top Bottom