• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just thought of the best alt idea. Give Ridley a backwards cap. Sneakers with lightning bolts on the sides. Then add jeans with torn up knees. Finally, to top it all off, a pair of sick shades. And we will call him, Rad-ley! *guitar riff* :p

UltimateWario

Smash Master

Another Pyrosphere pic and no sign of Ridley.

God, it's like playing Russian Roulette. :urg:

>Not sure why it's tiny, but trust me, he's not in there.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
You copied the thumbnail, that's why it's so small.

I don't think Ridley would be in a random picture on a character's profile unless they're associated with Ridley somehow anyways. If he's a stage hazard he'll likely be the subject of a pic of the day.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Or if he's a hazard he'll get revealed as one on the day of ZSS's confirmation/return, in which the mentioned trauma (from the first Pyrosphere update or w/e) he causes when he randomly appears will make anyone playing as armored Samus revert to zero suit form until a certain point.

**** if I know.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
You copied the thumbnail, that's why it's so small.

I don't think Ridley would be in a random picture on a character's profile unless they're associated with Ridley somehow anyways. If he's a stage hazard he'll likely be the subject of a pic of the day.
I think if he was a stage hazard they would have all ready showed him off.Or at lest i would have thought they would have,I still keep hoping hes playable.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If Ridley hasn't shown his face yet, it's always possible that Sakurai is actually trying to make him work as a playable character.
This is true.

Has anyone considered that yet? Like maybe he's trying to get Ridley to work, but will have him as back up stage hazard just in case?

Then again, if the lava is already a stage hazard, it isn't going to have another one. That would be overkill.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Then again, if the lava is already a stage hazard, it isn't going to have another one. That would be overkill.
Yeah, the stage would be unplayable then if it had both lava and Ridley for players to worry about, even by casual standards.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yeah, the stage would be unplayable then if it had both lava and Ridley for players to worry about, even by casual standards.
That's actually a key point. I forgot about that.

I'm too lazy and have to go to work soon. But somebody should do a little bit of research to see if they can find a difference in levels of lava on Pyrosphere, or even some indication that it might change height. Basically just to show that it is once again a stage hazard like past Metroid stages.

If that is the case, then it is highly doubtful that Ridley would be the stage hazard. It would be oversaturation on one stage, and frankly, if Ridley were a stage hazard, Pyrosphere is the best choice if we're going by Other M.

Might be interesting if we can figure that out...

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The possibility of the rising acid/lava stage hazard returning isn't too surprising, actually. Arena Ferox had the two statues from Castle Siege return despite not appearing in canon. If something like that could happen, why not the rising acid, which has been in almost every Metroid stage in the series?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The possibility of the rising acid/lava stage hazard returning isn't too surprising, actually. Arena Ferox had the two statues from Castle Siege return despite not appearing in canon. If something like that could happen, why not the rising acid, which has been in almost every Metroid stage in the series?
That's what I'm saying.

The idea of Ridley has taken the spotlight off of that. If we can find proof that the lava is indeed the hazard, we can at least have proof that Ridley is unlikely to be the hazard.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Wow, I hadn't thought of that.

TO THE RESEARCH DESKS, PEOPLE. WE HAVE A PURPLE SPACE DRAGON TO SA-...er, well, our research really won't have any effect on his chances of inclusion, but...uh...GOSH DARN IT WE'LL FEEL BETTER ABOUT OURSELVES.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Everyone seems to be forgetting about Norfair and how it had rising lava and lave from the sides, back, and in a wave. The stage was rather unplayable but even so, it was there. Just playing devil's advocate...

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Guys, I just figured out Ridley's ALT.

JUDGE RIDLEY BRINGS DOWN THE HAMMER!
I posted this here a long time ago. lol As well as a judge of the same race as Ridley named Racklas or something from the same comics.

But yeah, seeing Judge Ridley in any shape or form would be quite a breath of fresh air to say the least. :laugh:

Everyone seems to be forgetting about Norfair and how it had rising lava and lave from the sides, back, and in a wave. The stage was rather unplayable but even so, it was there. Just playing devil's advocate...
Haven't forgotten anything in regards to the previous stages. I actually liked Norfair, more than the other hazardy Metroid stages, and there was at least the safe zone you could go into that would shield you from the lava, so it wasn't necessarily unplayable.

Pyrosphere on the other hand, if it has the rising lava (which it may based on what Arcanir posted) in addition to Ridley it would be kinda overkill as mentioned earlier. Depends on how it's executed though I guess, but imagine you and your opponent are on your last lives, you (or both of you) are taking damage from the rising lava as you're bouncing on it, then to add insult to injury Ridley swoops out of nowhere and kills you and not the other player...

I don't know, depending on how they execute Pyrosphere's hazards (whether Ridley's a hazard or not), it could make or break the stage for most people.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
The stage was broken for me a long time ago because it's brown, and a fire-centric Metroid stage.

I'd had quite enough of this trope.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Since we don't live in a perfect world where places like Phendrana Drifts or Sanctuary Fortress are actual official stages, I'll just be trying to make the best of it like I did with Norfair.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I personally think Pyrosphere looks rad. Honestly, it's the only memorable location in Other M anyways, maybe for the wrong reasons though.

A Prime 3 stage is still very possible, and there's also still a handheld stage to look forward to too. Lava is kind of a Metroid trademark, even in the games themselves, so I see no problem in having a lava stage alongside something more interesting, like Skytown and Sector 3.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I personally think Pyrosphere looks rad. Honestly, it's the only memorable location in Other M anyways, maybe for the wrong reasons though.

A Prime 3 stage is still very possible, and there's also still a handheld stage to look forward to too. Lava is kind of a Metroid trademark, even in the games themselves, so I see no problem in having a lava stage alongside something more interesting, like Skytown and Sector 3.
Even the Biosphere or Cryosphere would've been better (or more fresh) stages than Pyrosphere honestly IMO, regardless of what's more memorable to one.

You reckon a handheld stage might be something from MPH? Alinos (the lava planet) confirmed.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Even the Biosphere or Cryosphere would've been better (or more fresh) stages than Pyrosphere honestly IMO, regardless of what's more memorable to one.

You reckon a handheld stage might be something from MPH? Alinos (the lava planet) confirmed.
If there is a handheld stage, it should be the room where you fight Mecha Ridley in Zero Mission. That's a Ridley stage hazard I'd be ok with.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
The room is so small though... Not sure I see how that could work as a stage.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord

Yeah Skytown is the one stage from Metroid series i'm praying for, that place had several things that could become great stage mechanics like the rail systems, floating platforms, the huge place that falls down to the leviathan, plus Skytown has one of the most beautiful level design in Metroid universe, imagine seeing that place in HD.

Also i will love to see a Metroid Fusion stage for the 3DS version, also Sakurai may choose one stage from the most recent handheld Metroid: Hunters

And less probable another stage that i'm really hoping for is Sanctuary Fortress from Echoes, just the looks in HD would be amazing!

UltimateWario

Smash Master
And less probable another stage that i'm really hoping for is Sanctuary Fortress from Echoes, just the looks in HD would be amazing!
God yes. I know it'll never happen in a million years, but I would kill for a Prime Trilogy HD. Like literally murder someone.

Hopefully the probably-upcoming Prime 4 will have plenty of boneriffic landscapes just like its predecessors.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Just throwing out there, I would be down for a Phendrana Drifts stage. You can't tell me that it wouldn't be cool. Though Sky Town and Talon Overworld would be sick too.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
God yes. I know it'll never happen in a million years, but I would kill for a Prime Trilogy HD. Like literally murder someone.

Hopefully the probably-upcoming Prime 4 will have plenty of boneriffic landscapes just like its predecessors.
Hell yeah for MP Trilogy HD, but it's improbable, Metroid Prime is the one game in this sub-series that has chances in being remaked.

And yeah i'm sure Prime 4 wouldn't disappoint in the most slightly way.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Eh, I'd rather just see Retro's take on the normal & purple organic Ridley if anything. The regular Ridley in 3D that isn't a duckface or some clone.

But yeah, a zombified or undead Ridley was something part of me always imagined for where they could go next with him, or a ghost Ridley that's Chozo Ghost esque or something.

I thought the duckface WAS Ridley Jr?

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Eh, I'd rather just see Retro's take on the normal & purple organic Ridley if anything. The regular Ridley in 3D that isn't a duckface or some clone.

But yeah, a zombified or undead Ridley was something part of me always imagined for where they could go next with him, or a ghost Ridley that's Chozo Ghost esque or something.

I thought the duckface WAS Ridley Jr?
I want the spawn of Ridley's one night stand with Mother Brain.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
So.. a dragon with a big brain for a head?

Top Bottom