• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Unfortunately, I think that raiding mission the Pirates attempted on the BSL was retconned by Other M, as those Pirates in Fusion likely just turned out to be Zebesian Pirate clones transferred from the Bottleship, like how the clone Ridley's drained corpse was also transferred from there.

Agreed on the last part though. Was a real slap in the face to the intelligence that the Pirates showed in the Prime series in their logs.
Alas, that's probably true, yet another recon I can't say I like.

Yeah, that really irritated me to say the least as basically they were stripped of anything threatening just to make MB look good. Thank goodness Ridley managed to sneak by that recon.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
If Ridley -- no. When Ridley is confirmed I want a Red Eyes Black Dragon Palette for him:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I could live with that too honestly. Maybe even a Blue-Eyes Shining palette.

Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon should be the kind of dark color palette all the cool kids would use though.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I bought Yu-Gi-Oh cards, but never played it. There's only two cards that I've kept, and that's Red Eyes Black Dragon, and some kind of steroid version of it, for obvious reasons.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Looking at it now, I'm kind of surprised how much the REB Dragon is similar looking to Ridley with the whole narrow looking dragon thing going.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

This is the card I have. That's so Ridley, especially with the two head spikes.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think this may have been the first week without a Pyrosphere pic. Is that correct?

I guess Sakurai has now decided to troll Pokemon fans instead.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Get on my level, Wariofan!

Have that IRL too, as well as the rest of my old-school dragon deck somewhere...

Anyway though, I just realized how Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon's design reminds me of this early Chozo-like concept of Ridley from Retro.

Sometimes still makes me disappointed for what could've been, cool as Meta-Ridley (their final version of the character) actually is.

As for Sakurai now teasing the Pokemon fanbase instead of Ridley's, yes. That's nothing new. As IsmaR said in a different thread though, it was more that the Poke-fans trolled themselves while Sakurai just went on about his usual business with a random pic. The hype train corrupts people's minds and all that.

Oh, I just remembered, there's also a Red-Eyes Black Chick (little chicken out of an egg) like how there's that furby infant version of Ridley in Other M... Coincidence?

D

Deleted member

Pretty sure it's coincidence.
The Red-Eyes B. Chick isn't a demon Furby.

And it came first.

Groose

Smash Champion
It's less like they're trying to kill of Ridley and more like they're intent on killing off the whole Metroid series! Or at least its potential to continue. At this point all that's left is the Galactic Federation and wherever the heck the Chozo are, IF they're still around!

They've kept one very, very important character around. He shall be the future of the franchise... he is...

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Channeling :diddy: still are we?

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Can we just drop the subject with the Yu-Gi-Oh! cards?!

Okay... Enough of this. :glare:

The signs have been there, and now I'm calling them out. You're coming off as a bit of a control freak with this thread. At least in my eyes.

The Yugioh thing is still technically on topic. As long as it's still in regard to Ridley (his resemblance to Red Eyes) and in possible colors for Ridley should he be playable (a dark Red-eyes like look or a more noble color like Blue-eyes), it's fine.

I know you wanna keep things on topic, but sometimes it's like you just leap at anything even remotely disconnected from Ridley himself. Yes there's that ugly history of Ridley threads, but there's a difference between keeping things from going too far off course and being too restrictive. When you start objecting at anything that doesn't immediately say "RIDLEY", you risk stifling the very atmosphere of conversation, which means you become just as much of a hindrance to proper conversation as going off-topic. Let some things ride out a bit before you blow the whistle. Then when it is actually necessary, guide the thread back to where it should be. Don't just flash a big red STOP sign and leave it at that. Maybe use the current subject at hand to start up something more closely related to the thread.

Let's say... "That Red-Eyes Metal Dragon looks more like Omega Ridley. What do you think the chances are that Sakurai actually recalls his existence in Smash? Maybe not as playable or an alt-costume, but heck, maybe an assist trophy?" Just an example of creative moderating.

In all seriousness, I'm not trying to discredit your experience as a moderator or be obstinate to your enforcement of the rules. But I think you ought to give us some credit. I think most of us are aware of the rule to stay on or as close to the primary thread topic as possible. But conversation ought to be allowed to flow at least a bit naturally. Usually things will steer back on course.

On the other side of things, that previous string of conversation that really did go WAAY off course (with some people being rather provocative much to my personal disdain), that was totally the right call to put the big mod foot down and call for a cease and desist. So clearly it's not wise to let your guard completely down. Unfortunately...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I named my Chespin Kraid, and am probably gonna name my Charmander or an Aerodactyl Ridley. Leaning towards the former because bros for life.
Mega Charizard x is probably one of the Pokemon to Ridley. Fire Dragon type, attack damage, similar coloring.

I prefer Y though, because drought.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
NOW I remember the stupidest Ridley argument I've read!

"He can only fly/ Would have infinite jumps"

TEH STOOPID!! :hulk: And these people will gladly play ignorant in the face of Kirby, Pit, Charizard, Meta Knight, King Dedede, and even Samus herself who has the Space Jump. NOPE, only RIDLEY breaks the rules somehow. =_=

And yeah, 2nd place goes to the "He'd look stupid with the Bunny Hood item" argument. I've seen it.
Seems like Ridley is TOO BiG for PeePz brain to comprehend....

it's split into a few reasons for me.

1. Ridley is the most relevant Metroid representative. Samus has been alone since SSB64 if we exclude her ZSS transformation. Metroid needs more representatives in Smash than just two versions of the same character.

2. to have such a highly demanded character for Brawl- and arguably the most demanded newcomer for Smash 4- be relegated to a boss battle or even a stage hazard is pretty insulting, yes.

3. I'm really tired of the anti-Ridley player base and I want them to shut up. Ridley making it or breaking it will determine whether said players will merely be silenced or become more vocal.

I would be okay with Ridley not making it in in favor of a Hunter or Dark Samus from the Prime games, or even Anthony Higgs because he was my favorite part of Other M. however, that's only because I'd be happy with more representatives for my favorite franchise in Smash. the dealbreaker is Ridley himself- I want him in Smash more than any other character from any franchise.
Sick man i agree and feel 100/ the same about everything you said except Anthony Higgs.

(no sarcasm)

RealTalk

Honestly, I would have thought Ridley would be important enough to be in the trailer. At this point, if he's in, I think he'll be revealed towards the release of the game, but that spot may be saved for someone like King K. Rool or Mewtwo.
The Trailer sucked **** and if this Thread gets closed im gone.

Enjoy my awesomes english skills :awesome:

My error here is because french words are either male or female, we have no "It", by exemple for us, a table is female and a tree is male. Sorry about the mistake ^^'
A table is a she?
But tables are hard....so they should be male right?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Mega Charizard x is probably one of the Pokemon to Ridley. Fire Dragon type, attack damage, similar coloring.

I prefer Y though, because drought.
Charizard X may be kinda Ridley-like in color, but Charizard Y is definitely more similar to Ridley far as shape and stuff, especially like with the kind of wings it's sporting and the wingspan. The weird newly-shaped arms is pretty much the main thing that's off far as being Ridley-esque.

Like the Red-Eyes Black Dragon comparisons better than any form of Zard.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If Ridley -- no. When Ridley is confirmed I want a Red Eyes Black Dragon Palette for him:

Funny. I always compared Zekrom to Red Eyes Black Dragon(and Reshiram to Blue Eyes). But I never noticed how similar Red Eyes and Ridley look until now. Really should of noticed. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wow, the resemblance is kind of uncanny. Yellow-Eyes Purple Dragon needs to make his debut. :p

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Hey it occurred to me, but does anybody here have a Wii U? If so, has anybody here done any Ridley artwork that they'd like to share? I don't have a Wii U yet, so can't do anything like that for now. I do have Colors 3D on my 3DS, but it's a tad awkward trying to do detailed drawings on such a small screen.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Hey it occurred to me, but does anybody here have a Wii U? If so, has anybody here done any Ridley artwork that they'd like to share? I don't have a Wii U yet, so can't do anything like that for now. I do have Colors 3D on my 3DS, but it's a tad awkward trying to do detailed drawings on such a small screen.
I do have a wii U. I also have art acadamy. but I can't post anything right now because mobile.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
With how REBD and Ridley are both dark colored lanky lizards, I had noticed their resemblance for awhile, but yeah. And one of Ridley's Zero Mission renders DOES have dem glowing red eyes, for the record. :awesome:

And nah, I don't have a Wii U still as of now.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I have a Wii U, but I can't draw worth a damn. =(

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
You know very well what I'm going to say. ;)

You can try and convince yourselves it's inarguable all you want, but it doesn't make it so.

Ah I know what you want to say, and yeah no point in arguing. :)

Well fortunately enough we all have enough imagination to believe in playable Ridley for you, so don't worry about it. :D

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
You know very well what I'm going to say. ;)

You can try and convince yourselves it's inarguable all you want, but it doesn't make it so.
The fans in this thread have refuted every argument (and by refuted, I mean stomped to death).

If you wanna stick around and troll, feel free, but nothing good is going to come from us rehashing those many arguments yet again. If, as you say, we know what you're gonna say, what's the point in you being here? If you've got nothing new to say, just leave. No one wants to hear the same stupid, double standard arguments for the thousandth time.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
See mods?
There is nothing to talk about regarding Ridley at this point,so much that the only time this thread gets very active is started by someone who isn't very keen on Ridley.It's hard not to be a little bit off topic.

Top Bottom