• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Honestly, I would have thought Ridley would be important enough to be in the trailer. At this point, if he's in, I think he'll be revealed towards the release of the game, but that spot may be saved for someone like King K. Rool or Mewtwo.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Back on topic...

Do you think Ridley will be like Ike and be the first newcomer announced, or like Olimar and be kept up until near the end to spark excitement? Or like Krystal and...
I'd say he'd be revealed at a big event like next year's E3 (same thing might happen with K. Rool, Mewtwo, Pac-Man or Mii). I see Little Mac as one of the last characters revealed before the game's release for hype purposes; Palutena could be a candidate for the same thing, though, especially considering how much more popular in Japan than Little Mac. Pac-Man could also take the Sonic route of last-minute reveal, but I doubt it since he's probably been prioritized if he's in the game at all. Who knows, though? Maybe we won't see Ridley at all until the game's out (even though I think that's unlikely). Notable mentions go to Toad, Roy, Bandana Dee, etc. if they make it in.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I'd say he'd be revealed at a big event like next year's E3 (same thing might happen with K. Rool, Mewtwo, Pac-Man or Mii). I see Little Mac as one of the last characters revealed before the game's release for hype purposes; Palutena could be a candidate for the same thing, though, especially considering how much more popular in Japan than Little Mac. Pac-Man could also take the Sonic route of last-minute reveal, but I doubt it since he's probably been prioritized if he's in the game at all. Who knows, though? Maybe we won't see Ridley at all until the game's out (even though I think that's unlikely). Notable mentions go to Toad, Roy, Bandana Dee, etc. if they make it in.
So basically, at this point all potential newcomers could be saved for a big reveal at the end? =P

I don't think Little Mac or Palutena are candidates for last reveal; they both seem like obvious picks and like their reveals would be taken care of earlier. Little Mac may actually be our first new reveal, but I could also see it being Toad if he makes it. I could absolutely see Ridley being last though, because he's the most wanted newcomer who hasn't been confirmed, and the most wanted newcomer period (Mega Man) was announced immediately. This is also my reasoning for Mewtwo potentially being last; he'd bring so much hype and since he's been gone for a game, he'd likely even get a trailer.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Back on topic...

Do you think Ridley will be like Ike and be the first newcomer announced, or like Olimar and be kept up until near the end to spark excitement? Or like Krystal and...
I think he could be revealed whenever. If they plan on announcing a new Metroid at some point (which they really should in January or E3 2014,) then it'd be obvious to make him go along with that, no matter how close to Smash Bros' release. Otherwise, he might aswell be kept until right before release, since Sakurai likes to tease us.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Unless they plan to announce any new info for Metroid or something, then they could reveal Ridley at any time. I can see Palutena, Little Mac and less wanted characters like Bowser Jr. or Toad getting revealed earlier. I can see Dixie or K. Rool getting an earlier reveal too, Dixie could be revealed along with Tropical Freeze's release, and/or otherwise even a K. Rool reveal. (I don't think both would be revealed on the same day though) Ridley, I can see as a later reveal. Like, possibly the last newcomer to be shown. I can see Mewtwo being a later reveal as well, but X/Y's release is a good time for Mewtwo to be revealed as well. Ridley and Mewtwo would cause more hype than any other reveals.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
OVER ANALYZING TIME

The original Trailer for Brawl Revealed 4.5 newcomers (Zamus only half counts) and maybe built a little too much hype. But afterwards the characters revealed were (sorted by expectedness and relative hyope)

Ike (Expected, moderate hype)
Pokemon Trainer (Curveball, much hype)
Diddy Kong (Expected, HYPE)
Lucas (Expected, Moderate hype)
Sonic the Hedgehog (Unexpected due to gloomy statements from Ninty Europe, Hype that we see but once in a lifetime)
King Dedede (Expected, Moderate hype)
Olimar (Somewhat unexpected, HYPE)

(These are my own feelings so may not match community's)

Ridley is inc the category of expected but Hypeful so we may have to wait a while yet.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Dedede caused massive hype for most of the community, including me. But yeah, otherwise it hits pretty well with the community's general reaction. I don't expect them to follow any kind of similar pattern to Brawl, for all we know Ridley could pop up at any convention/direct that Nintendo attends.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I think he could be revealed whenever. If they plan on announcing a new Metroid at some point (which they really should in January or E3 2014,) then it'd be obvious to make him go along with that, no matter how close to Smash Bros' release. Otherwise, he might aswell be kept until right before release, since Sakurai likes to tease us.
Cool timing as it would be for a new Metroid to be revealed around the time you mentioned... What if Ridley isn't in the trailer for said game or not even in that new Metroid at all? That certainly wouldn't help his case, as the recency/relevancy cult would just target him more. D:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I can see Dixie or K. Rool getting an earlier reveal too, Dixie could be revealed along with Tropical Freeze's release, and/or otherwise even a K. Rool reveal.
Unless he's revealed before DKC:TF, I'm pretty sure Diddy will be shown alongside that game.

OVER ANALYZING TIME

The original Trailer for Brawl Revealed 4.5 newcomers (Zamus only half counts) and maybe built a little too much hype. But afterwards the characters revealed were (sorted by expectedness and relative hyope)

Ike (Expected, moderate hype)
Pokemon Trainer (Curveball, much hype)
Diddy Kong (Expected, HYPE)
Lucas (Expected, Moderate hype)
Sonic the Hedgehog (Unexpected due to gloomy statements from Ninty Europe, Hype that we see but once in a lifetime)
King Dedede (Expected, Moderate hype)
Olimar (Somewhat unexpected, HYPE)

(These are my own feelings so may not match community's)

Ridley is inc the category of expected but Hypeful so we may have to wait a while yet.
You forgot Lucario, R.O.B., and Wolf. (I don't really count Toonie as a newcomer.)

I basically agree though. Ridley would cause a lot of excitement, so I can definitely see him last.

You have Olimar as less expected than Lucas?

What a weirdo.
I do too. I would not have guessed Olimar to be in the game.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Oh right, I forgot about Diddy.

(I really need to catch up on my sleep....)

Seems like the best time to reveal Diddy, though I can see a reveal for another DK newcomer for Tropical Freeze as well.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Cool timing as it would be for a new Metroid to be revealed around the time you mentioned... What if Ridley isn't in the trailer for said game or not even in that new Metroid at all? That certainly wouldn't help his case, as the recency/relevancy cult would just target him more. D:
There's but a slim chance Ridley isn't in the next game. Unless it goes for a completely different theme like Metroid 2, Echoes and Hunters did, then I don't see him missing out, and Metroid really isn't in the situation right now where they can allow themselves to take risks with it.

Even if he isn't in the trailer or the game, I could still see him being revealed for Smash Bros. Relevance or not, Ridley is relevant to Metroid's situation in SSB4. It's getting full on Other M representation, and Ridley was very prominent in that game.

You forgot Lucario, R.O.B., and Wolf. (I don't really count Toonie as a newcomer.)
He was only listing newcomers that were revealed before release.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
He was only listing newcomers that were revealed before release.
Oh, duh. *slaps my forehead* Well, any chance Ridley would be revealed after release? Even if shortly after release by leakers and whatnot...
Or do you think he'll be announced before release?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Oh, duh. *slaps my forehead* Well, any chance Ridley would be revealed after release? Even if shortly after release by leakers and whatnot...
Or do you think he'll be announced before release?
Because of his enormous demand, I'm betting on him being announced before release. Sakurai's little nod towards Ridley seems to acknowledge his popularity too. Plus, who wouldn't want a badass dragon on the cover of their game? Casual gamers buy every game that has a dragon on it.

However, I won't deny that he'd be a fun character to unlock, and it's still a possibility if Sakurai feels that it's important to have a hyped secret character. That's taking into consideration that he isn't just revealing unlockables left and right like it looks like he kind of does.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
There's but a slim chance Ridley isn't in the next game. Unless it goes for a completely different theme like Metroid 2, Echoes and Hunters did, then I don't see him missing out, and Metroid really isn't in the situation right now where they can allow themselves to take risks with it.

Even if he isn't in the trailer or the game, I could still see him being revealed for Smash Bros. Relevance or not, Ridley is relevant to Metroid's situation in SSB4. It's getting full on Other M representation, and Ridley was very prominent in that game.
I dunno. With the way developer(s) of the series seem intent for Ridley to be "killed off" now (the original Ridley's remains said to have been destroyed when Zebes went kaboom at the end of Super Metroid, while the cloned Ridley became Metroid food after being weakened and then its remains became food for the X)...

Much as I hate to say it, the writing may very well be on the wall now for Ridley continuity-wise or something. Ridley's absence in those three games mentioned at least kinda made sense, but with what his fate has kinda been confirmed to be now, he may very well take a prolonged absence in the series in the future, to show Samus and the rest of the Metroid universe are ready to "move on" from him and the Space Pirates or something.

You may be right that the series isn't in the position now where they can allow themselves to take a risk like not including a fan-favorite like Ridley. Then again... With the controversy he caused in the last game with a cutscene he appeared in, they may feel it to be "less risky" to not further establish Ridley's connections/past with Samus as her arch-nemesis, which would piss me off, but after the Other M outburst about Ridley triggering some PTSD, you never know what'll happen.

Agreed on the rest though.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Because of his enormous demand, I'm betting on him being announced before release. Sakurai's little nod towards Ridley seems to acknowledge his popularity too. Plus, who wouldn't want a badass dragon on the cover of their game? Casual gamers buy every game that has a dragon on it.

However, I won't deny that he'd be a fun character to unlock, and it's still a possibility if Sakurai feels that it's important to have a hyped secret character. That's taking into consideration that he isn't just revealing unlockables left and right like it looks like he kind of does.
Well, if he gets leaked, everyone here will know about it. I knew the full Brawl roster essentially immediately after the game came out in Japan.

I dunno. With the way developer(s) of the series seem intent for Ridley to be "killed off" now (the original Ridley's remains said to have been destroyed when Zebes went kaboom at the end of Super Metroid, while the cloned Ridley became Metroid food after being weakened and then its remains became food for the X)...

Much as I hate to say it, the writing may very well be on the wall now for Ridley continuity-wise or something. Ridley's absence in those three games mentioned at least kinda made sense, but with what his fate has kinda been confirmed to be now, he may very well take a prolonged absence in the series in the future, to show Samus and the rest of the Metroid universe are ready to "move on" from him and the Space Pirates or something.

You may be right that the series isn't in the position now where they can allow themselves to take a risk like not including a fan-favorite like Ridley. Then again... With the controversy he caused in the last game with a cutscene he appeared in, they may feel it to be "less risky" to not further establish Ridley's connections/past with Samus as her arch-nemesis, which would piss me off, but after the Other M outburst about Ridley triggering some PTSD, you never know what'll happen.

There's still plenty of possibilities for games in between other games (in the continuity) or for the Space Pirates to make another clone or something. If they want Ridley, they can easily finagle Ridley into existence.

And as long as when he appears, Samus doesn't start bawling as if she hasn't fought him five times before (and Robot Ridley), I don't see a problem with bringing him back. I think, especially if Retro does the game, he will return.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

I left those 4 out as they came post release (except for Lucario who was leaked in a Trailer) and the initial response to them was one of severely hurt butts.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I left those 4 out as they came post release (except for Lucario who was leaked in a Trailer) and the initial response to them was one of severely hurt butts.
Really? I knew no one liked R.O.B., but Lucario and Wolf were both pretty popular, as I recall...

Oh man, imagine how much the haters will cry if Ridley's confirmed.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Really? I knew no one liked R.O.B., but Lucario and Wolf were both pretty popular, as I recall...

Lucario was hated because Mewtwo was cut presumably in favor of him (which was later proven untrue.) Krystal had more supporters than Wolf, so you can figure where that went.

Ridley has been established dead for a long time, but still he managed to come back in Fusion and Other M. And if anything, Retro can keep on making prequels, which means more Ridley.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
There's still plenty of possibilities for games in between other games (in the continuity) or for the Space Pirates to make another clone or something. If they want Ridley, they can easily finagle Ridley into existence.

And as long as when he appears, Samus doesn't start bawling as if she hasn't fought him five times before (and Robot Ridley), I don't see a problem with bringing him back. I think, especially if Retro does the game, he will return.
True, I guess there's always more in-between places in the timeline they can use to put Ridley in, but other than that... I think perhaps a series reboot or something should be in order. Like that'll ever happen though.

And yeah, if they have cutscenes with Ridley again even like in Other M but without Samus doing you know what in reaction to his presence, it'll probably be fine with everyone.

Ridley has been established dead for a long time, but still he managed to come back in Fusion and Other M.
Yeah, as a CLONE, and I'm not sure they would be redundant enough as to keep playing the clone card as an explanation for each time Ridley appears again from here on.

Before Other M came out, it was actually presumed or speculated that Ridley had somehow survived Zebes' explosion, before somehow getting captured/frozen by the Federation and becoming food for the X later. Better for that to have happened to a clone though than the original Ridley I suppose.

Anyway, heading out to work more for now, so later peoplez.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Wolf was hated due to the Krystal fans and also because he was another clone, no matter how semi. Lucario was pretty well liked but people blamed him for Mewtwo being dropped. Toon Link, for being a clone though everyone preferred him over Young Link.

And poor ROB was blamed for everyone else not being in.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
True, I guess there's always more in-between places in the timeline they can use to put Ridley in, but other than that... I think perhaps a series reboot or something should be in order. Like that'll ever happen though.

And yeah, if they have cutscenes with Ridley again even like in Other M but without Samus doing you know what in reaction to his presence, it'll probably be fine with everyone.
Hell, is it possible to get a different...whatever Ridley is? Or is he the last of his kind? Because if Ridley had kids or something, or even superiors on his planet, they could kinda bring back Ridley without bringing back Ridley? It wouldn't have the same impact though...
Another possibility is a fully robot Ridley, with his brain or whatever. Or is that what Omega Ridley is? I haven't played Prime 3 yet.

I'd be okay with a series reboot, as long as we got real Samus and not Other M Samus.

Wolf was hated due to the Krystal fans and also because he was another clone, no matter how semi. Lucario was pretty well liked but people blamed him for Mewtwo being dropped. Toon Link, for being a clone though everyone preferred him over Young Link.

And poor ROB was blamed for everyone else not being in.
Man, our community is super ****** a lot of the time. >_<

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon

The thing with the series developers and one of my issues with them is they seem intent on killing EVERYONE off.

Ridley - Zebes'ploded, cloned, clone is killed, X-parasite clone, parasite is killed
Space Pirates - Same as Ridley for the most part. Status of organization: UNKNOWN
Metroids - SR388 versions eradicated, hatchling killed, Bottleship metroids killed, presided on space station in Fusion... then jettisoned and killed. Omega Metroid killed by Samus
X-Parasite - New threat against the universe, space station they infested AND their home planet vaporized simultaneously.

Anything in the Prime series - Currently treated as a side story, fate of its products uncertain. Also Dark Samus is dead, Phazon seemingly eradicated from universe, mystery ship yet to be explained.

Prime Hunters - Frankly I don't care. ~_~

It's less like they're trying to kill of Ridley and more like they're intent on killing off the whole Metroid series! Or at least its potential to continue. At this point all that's left is the Galactic Federation and wherever the heck the Chozo are, IF they're still around!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Ridley doesn't die, he's only put in stasis until he's ready to be reborn.

Really though, the Space Pirates are probably not dead but in shambles as Fusion's manual clearly states that a leftover party tried to raid BSL. The problem with them is that they were demoted to dumb drones who can't function without a queen, which really neuters their threat if Ridley, MB and every other villain are gone.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One thing thing that bugged me about the differnces in Other M and the Prime subseries.

In Other M they were treated like dumb creatures that needed Mother Brain to even be effective while in Prime they're not the brightest bunch but are capable of functioning independently and even take a crack at reverse engineering Samus's arsenal. And don't get me started on how they called them Zebesians while Prime 3 had a seperate Pirate homeworld.

Ridley, was a badass MF either way so...

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
One thing thing that bugged me about the differnces in Other M and the Prime subseries.

In Other M they were treated like dumb creatures that needed Mother Brain to even be effective while in Prime they're not the brightest bunch but are capable of functioning independently and even take a crack at reverse engineering Samus's arsenal. And don't get me started on how they called them Zebesians while Prime 3 had a seperate Pirate homeworld.

Ridley, was a badass MF either way so...
I always thought the Space Pirates were supposed to be incredibly intelligent. I mean, with the reverse-engineering of her equipment you mentioned, plus the cloning process, and modifying Ridley in such a way that the metal doesn't interfere with his normal body, much less actually helps him...plus they had spaceships and such before humans did (I think). Plus Ridley, their leader, is very intelligent.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I always thought the Space Pirates were supposed to be incredibly intelligent. I mean, with the reverse-engineering of her equipment you mentioned, plus the cloning process, and modifying Ridley in such a way that the metal doesn't interfere with his normal body, much less actually helps him...plus they had spaceships and such before humans did (I think). Plus Ridley, their leader, is very intelligent.

Only reason I don't say intelligent is that they needed to put a sign up in Echos telling them not to pet the Metroids. Not that different from humans in that regard I suppose.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Only reason I don't say intelligent is that they needed to put a sign up in Echos telling them not to pet the Metroids. Not that different from humans in that regard I suppose.
Ha, I remember laughing about that when I saw it. >_< All people everywhere wanna pet cute things, and maybe they find Metroids cute? They are gross aliens themselves, after all.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Hell, is it possible to get a different...whatever Ridley is? Or is he the last of his kind? Because if Ridley had kids or something, or even superiors on his planet, they could kinda bring back Ridley without bringing back Ridley? It wouldn't have the same impact though...
Another possibility is a fully robot Ridley, with his brain or whatever. Or is that what Omega Ridley is? I haven't played Prime 3 yet.

I'd be okay with a series reboot, as long as we got real Samus and not Other M Samus.
I think he was vaguely stated by a source or two to be the last of his kind, though part of me wouldn't mind if that changed.

And no, that's not what Omega Ridley is (Omega was simply just Meta-Ridley after its Phazon infusion process was completed). Your idea could be interesting however if done right.

The thing with the series developers and one of my issues with them is they seem intent on killing EVERYONE off.

Ridley - Zebes'ploded, cloned, clone is killed, X-parasite clone, parasite is killed
Space Pirates - Same as Ridley for the most part. Status of organization: UNKNOWN
Metroids - SR388 versions eradicated, hatchling killed, Bottleship metroids killed, presided on space station in Fusion... then jettisoned and killed. Omega Metroid killed by Samus
X-Parasite - New threat against the universe, space station they infested AND their home planet vaporized simultaneously.

Anything in the Prime series - Currently treated as a side story, fate of its products uncertain. Also Dark Samus is dead, Phazon seemingly eradicated from universe, mystery ship yet to be explained.

Prime Hunters - Frankly I don't care. ~_~

It's less like they're trying to kill of Ridley and more like they're intent on killing off the whole Metroid series! Or at least its potential to continue. At this point all that's left is the Galactic Federation and wherever the heck the Chozo are, IF they're still around!
Well when you put it that way, yeah. It's exactly that, as far as the series' nature of killing things off. I guess to be fair though, Super Metroid was originally intended by Gunpei Yokoi to be the last game. The end-all-be-all if you will; that's why Super came off as conclusive as it did, far as the last Metroid dying, Zebes exploding, and everything. Wasn't until after there was eventually enough demand and after Gunpei's unfortunate death years later that Metroid was brought back, for the better or worse.

I guess that's mostly beside the point though. Anyway, I'd love to be proven wrong on this, but I doubt the Chozo are even around at this point, especially if their demise from the "great poison" on Tallon IV is any indication. As for the "corrupt Federation" arc, eh... I'm kinda iffy about that depending on how it's gonna be done, if they even go through with that post-Fusion at this point, though Other M's reception kinda tells me otherwise.

Ridley doesn't die, he's only put in stasis until he's ready to be reborn.

Really though, the Space Pirates are probably not dead but in shambles as Fusion's manual clearly states that a leftover party tried to raid BSL. The problem with them is that they were demoted to dumb drones who can't function without a queen, which really neuters their threat if Ridley, MB and every other villain are gone.
Unfortunately, I think that raiding mission the Pirates attempted on the BSL was retconned by Other M, as those Pirates in Fusion likely just turned out to be Zebesian Pirate clones transferred from the Bottleship, like how the clone Ridley's drained corpse was also transferred from there.

Agreed on the last part though. Was a real slap in the face to the intelligence that the Pirates showed in the Prime series in their logs.

:awesome: Now if only they had made a version of Samus's beams reverse-engineered that Ridley himself could've used. Just thought it'd be awesome to see Meta-Ridley firing dat wave beam or ice beam or something in a similar manner to how Metroid Prime's exoskeleton form did so. Hell, not seeing Omega Ridley shoot a Phazon beam kind of attack out of his mouth was disappointing, as he only shot Phazon from his tail some when doing that one slow spin move.

Just making minor nitpicks at this point I guess. :p

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I think he was vaguely stated by a source or two to be the last of his kind, though part of me wouldn't mind if that changed.

And no, that's not what Omega Ridley is (Omega was simply just Meta-Ridley after its Phazon infusion process was completed). Your idea could be interesting however if done right.
I'm just thinking of the various ways they could continue Ridley's existence in the series without constantly saying "Oh, he didn't actually die!" They could instead say "Yeah, he died, but they had his brain backed up and built a body that looked far less silly than Robot Ridley and actually they have hundreds of these so now the galaxy is under attack from an onslaught of Ridleys and we're all screwed."

Well when you put it that way, yeah. It's exactly that, as far as the series' nature of killing things off. I guess to be fair though, Super Metroid was originally intended by Gunpei Yokoi to be the last game. The end-all-be-all if you will; that's why Super came off as conclusive as it did, far as the last Metroid dying, Zebes exploding, and everything. Wasn't until after there was eventually enough demand and after Gunpei's unfortunate death years later that Metroid was brought back, for the better or worse.
There can always be a new threat to the universe, honestly. That's what happens when we live in an infinite universe (and also because this is a video game). I mean hell, didn't the GF clone Metroids from Metroid guts they scraped off Samus's suit?

:awesome: Now if only they had made a version of Samus's beams reverse-engineered that Ridley himself could've used. Just thought it'd be awesome to see Meta-Ridley firing dat wave beam or ice beam or something in a similar manner to how Metroid Prime's exoskeleton form did so. Hell, not seeing Omega Ridley shoot a Phazon beam kind of attack out of his mouth was disappointing, as he only shot Phazon from his tail some when doing that one slow spin move.

Just making minor nitpicks at this point I guess. :p
Yeah, but can you imagine if Samus, in addition to having to fight this big purple pterodactyl, had to do so while he was attacking her with her own weaponry? Presumably he'd be resistant to that energy...unless the equipment for him had the same flaw the Space Pirates' armor did, and was weak to those weapons. Actually, it could be an interesting fight, where you have to attack him with whatever he's weak to at the time instead of slamming him with a hundred missiles or whatever.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I hate to nitpick, but the universe is thought to be finite.
Hmmm.

While that's news to me, my second point stands. Vidja gaemz don't need to follow real life rules. Especially ones about space and aliens and space pterodactyls.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
If Bowser can survive a Super nova, Ridley should have easily survived a planet explosion ;(

As for Ridley's species, she was exterminated by the galactic federation because deem "Too Dangerous" (look like the Toobigots are cannon in metroid games, guys).
I still have problem with this explanation tough, I mean they can't even kill Ridley by themselves, so getting rid off the entire species is pretty hard to believe =/

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
If Bowser can survive a Super nova, Ridley should have easily survived a planet explosion ;(

As for Ridley's species, she was exterminated by the galactic federation because deem "Too Dangerous" (look like the Toobigots are cannon in metroid games, guys).
I still have problem with this explanation tough, I mean they can't even kill Ridley by themselves, so getting rid off the entire species is pretty hard to believe =/
She?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Enjoy my awesomes english skills :awesome:

My error here is because french words are either male or female, we have no "It", by exemple for us, a table is female and a tree is male. Sorry about the mistake ^^'
I understand. I know a little about French (I'm actually learning Koine Greek, though.)

Top Bottom