• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It really would. I had so much fun at PAX East; the people there would honestly never be able to have a moment like that ever again.

Honestly, if you're near PAX, you should go. ONE DAY WE'LL HAVE A SMASHBOARDS PAX MEETUP
Yeeeeaaaah. Unless they hold a PAX Denmark then there's quite a way for me :p

Would still love to go, the demo list has me drooling.

Toon link04

Smash Cadet
It's fine that they bring their concerns here, maybe we can help them understand that it's possible, as long as they care to listen. I can see why people would think he'd look odd when scaled down, even if I believe that he'd look great.
Yeah I do too but when they make stupid reasons it just hurts my brain like someone on you tube on a video saying how Ridley can fit in SSB alot of you tubers tried to say some more reasons and he made this up: "Well then he would be too cheap and he cant be on the floor beacause itll look wierd and his size has always been gigantic and so it wouldnt be canon!" and that just hurst my brain how many arguement holes that arguement has heck I dont even think it should count as one due to there being little reasoning like A:He would be too cheap if the creators make his moveset cheap and they have been showen that they can make a character balanced.B:He can be on the floor with out looking wierd just look at his "potential walking/runing/crawling animation" and it would look wierd if the animation was made badly.C:Size isnt revelant in SSB and in the first metroid he was small and then he was being scaled up every game after and in SSB things dont have to be canon due to the whole SSB series isnt canon beacause its a game were Mario,Link,pikachu and kirby fight each other.So does that even sound canon to any of you?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I second this. but not this year, I don't have any money
lol like we could this year. PAX Prime is beyond bomb filled.

We'd need to decide who'd go and if we're doing Prime or East.

Pfft you don't even know the panels. I got to meet TheRunawayGuys, Brentalfloss, Mega64, and Extra Credits on the same two days. The concerts... **** man, everything about PAX is good. If you can get into PAX Australia or have some other opportunity I highly recommend it

Toon link04

Smash Cadet

Another year that PAX East is a big no,no and that makes me so sad ;( darn it school why are you soo harsh well at least Ill have Stephen Blogs to blog PAX then ill atleast know what went down

Toon link04

Smash Cadet
lol like we could this year. PAX Prime is beyond bomb filled.

We'd need to decide who'd go and if we're doing Prime or East.

Pfft you don't even know the panels. I got to meet TheRunawayGuys, Brentalfloss, Mega64, and Extra Credits on the same two days. The concerts... **** man, everything about PAX is good. If you can get into PAX Australia or have some other opportunity I highly recommend it
Aww yeah Therunawayguys their last pannel was so heptic speacially when people got the questions I still wonder how that guy on one of the question said "POKEMON!" when it was tetris but hey :3 thats a humam mistake!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Sounds great, would especially love to meet TheRunawayGuys, but still, I don't really have the money to just jump out of the country for a conference, I hardly ever go outside of the country in general. And Australia might not have been the best suggestion considering it's exactly on the opposite side of the globe for me :p

Yeah I do too but when they make stupid reasons it just hurts my brain like someone on you tube on a video saying how Ridley can fit in SSB alot of you tubers tried to say some more reasons and he made this up: "Well then he would be too cheap and he cant be on the floor beacause itll look wierd and his size has always been gigantic and so it wouldnt be canon!" and that just hurst my brain how many arguement holes that arguement has heck I dont even think it should count as one due to there being little reasoning like A:He would be too cheap if the creators make his moveset cheap and they have been showen that they can make a character balanced.B:He can be on the floor with out looking wierd just look at his "potential walking/runing/crawling animation" and it would look wierd if the animation was made badly.C:Size isnt revelant in SSB and in the first metroid he was small and then he was being scaled up every game after and in SSB things dont have to be canon due to the whole SSB series isnt canon beacause its a game were Mario,Link,pikachu and kirby fight each other.So does that even sound canon to any of you?
Trust me, after 9 years in the business I've heard plenty of bullocks from people. I guess I've just become immune to Ridley haters' stupidity after so much time. What I meant to say in my first post was that it's okay if they voice their concerns in here, but they need to open ears and actually think about what we're telling them. We don't want haters in here, we want people who are actually open to see it possible.

Toon link04

Smash Cadet
Sounds great, would especially love to meet TheRunawayGuys, but still, I don't really have the money to just jump out of the country for a conference, I hardly ever go outside of the country in general. And Australia might not have been the best suggestion considering it's exactly on the opposite side of the globe for me :p

Trust me, after 9 years in the business I've heard plenty of bullocks from people. I guess I've just become immune to Ridley haters' stupidity after so much time. What I meant to say in my first post was that it's okay if they voice their concerns in here, but they need to open ears and actually think about what we're telling them. We don't want haters in here, we want people who are actually open to see it possible.
Ill try to do that but for some of them ill have to get use to the stupid poorly reasons why he should not be in

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ill try to do that but for some of them ill have to get use to the stupid poorly reasons why he should not be in
Yeah, better get used to it. There are some people which have legitimate concerns, like Arteen above, but stuff like "He's too big", "He's too scary for Smash", " He'd be a clone of Charizard" and now "He's already confirmed to be a stage hazard" are all stupid, unreasonable and should really just be ignored for your own good. As a Ridley supporter we're used to poor reasons why he shouldn't be in, and rest assured there are logical counters to all of those I just mentioned (though we still can't be sure if Sakurai referred to him as a stage hazard or not.)

Toon link04

Smash Cadet
Yeah, better get used to it. There are some people which have legitimate concerns, like Arteen above, but stuff like "He's too big", "He's too scary for Smash", " He'd be a clone of Charizard" and now "He's already confirmed to be a stage hazard" are all stupid, unreasonable and should really just be ignored for your own good. As a Ridley supporter we're used to poor reasons why he shouldn't be in, and rest assured there are logical counters to all of those I just mentioned (though we still can't be sure if Sakurai referred to him as a stage hazard or not.)
If you ever need for me to elaborate on a stupid reason just start a conversation with me and ill start making one im your guy to contact if they need some reasons why their arguements are invalid(and I thought arguements against toon link were horrible these are just wow how bad they are)

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
If you ever need for me to elaborate on a stupid reason just start a conversation with me and ill start making one im your guy to contact if they need some reasons why their arguements are invalid(and I thought arguements against toon link were horrible these are just wow how bad they are)
You know what I find odd. Toon Link is my best character in Brawl, but he's the first Brawl character I want to see leave.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Not to be ungrateful, but after 9 years I'm quite packed with arguments myself, I haven't found myself at a loss in a Ridley discussion in a long time. I'll still keep you in mind though ;)

Toon link04

Smash Cadet
Something I forgot sometime ill just check here naturely every day

Not to be ungrateful, but after 9 years I'm quite packed with arguments myself, I haven't found myself at a loss in a Ridley discussion in a long time. I'll still keep you in mind though ;)
No prob

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Anyways, I'll be trotting off to bed, will see if I can come up with another Ridley-related thing tommorow like the character page-button I made today.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
SO, how is everyone going to feel if we get another Pyrosphere picture, aaand there's nothing new about it? Just a couple characters fighting on it.
"sakurai will show us another 2 or 3 screenshots of the Metroid stage, maybe with more hints, and then he will throw the bomb"

Even Samus is jamming along with her arm cannon!
I cant stop laughing!

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Honestly, the more we see of Pyrosphere without any sign of Ridley, the better I'd say. Him being a stage hazard on the stage is pretty major, so unless their goal is to just wait a long time before showing it off, I would begin to think Ridley actually wasn't a part of the stage.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'd definitely say that if they show more pictures and Ridley isn't in there as a Stage Hazard, there's a good chance that that won't be his role. There would have to be a certain time frame to show him as the stage hazard too. I don't really think that Sakurai would show off the stage and then three months later be like "Oh btw Ridley shows up as a stage hazard." He will probably want to move onto different things.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I'd definitely say that if they show more pictures and Ridley isn't in there as a Stage Hazard, there's a good chance that that won't be his role. There would have to be a certain time frame to show him as the stage hazard too. I don't really think that Sakurai would show off the stage and then three months later be like "Oh btw Ridley shows up as a stage hazard." He will probably want to move onto different things.
Well he did show off the Wuhu Island map stage early on, but today, he showed the rest of the stage. He may show Ridley's fate during the same period that it took Wuhu Island's plane battle reveal.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
How many people, reading that comment just the way it is, feel it's hinting at Ridley as a stage hazard?

Was it something you had to read into, or just something you began to believe after visiting the forum?

Did you have to read into it to NOT believe it was hinting at a stage hazard?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I gotta be honest. I think it can go either way. The stage hazard idea was convincing, but from further thought, it really isn't as cut and dry as it seems.

What do you think Oasis?

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
well if the quote was meaning he be revealed soon I would have thought he be shown Friday since i doubt he tease a character reveal 2 weeks or more away.
so there 2 poaabiltys
a) he is a stage hazard
b) sakurai was just talking about the fight with ridley in other m and not what was happening on the stage.

I say we know if it's a by a week and a half, if the next pic of the stage does not show ridley chances of b being true go up.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Oasis is the giver of 1000 likes.

Btw, thanks Pacack, hardly noticed that myself.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Oasis is the giver of 1000 likes.

Btw, thanks Pacack, hardly noticed that myself.
You're welcome. I just happen to have an affinity for rounded numbers, and; as such, l felt compelled to point out the significance of that number.

I don't like using big words at all! I have no idea what you're talking about.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Already I've kinda been preparing myself in a sense for the possibility of Ridley being a stage hazard by thinking how I'd might go about supporting him in the future should he actually be just a hazard this time around, and how others would too. Of course it all depends on various things. Will Sakurai still be involved, whether or not Ridley fans should be even louder and more aggressive than now in order to be heard right, whether Ridley's still in any Metroid games made after Other M and how successful said games are, etc.

I reckon by the time of pre-SSB5 or 6 discussions, Ridley's support base could be fairly quiet compared to now, with how many times he had been deconfirmed by that point; it'd be rather depressing to see Ridley fans in the future even allow themselves to be stepped on by the toobigots because of lowered morale and seeing no point in arguing back after already doing so for years and years, as Chrono kinda once brought up... I mean I don't go out of my way to argue with those kind of people myself anymore like I might have pre-Brawl, but still. I would hope at the very least there's a way Ridley's support base would not decrease/diminish somewhere around as much as say, Krystal's. But again, I guess it depends on the circumstances with the future smashes and whatnot.

tl;dr: Even if Ridley's disconfirmed again, try to stay Strong as a supporter and fan for the eventual future, should you still be around and have time for this sort of thing. Of course I can understand those who feel they might just be done with Smash speculation altogether after SSB4 comes out, whether it has to do with Ridley factors or not.

Foreshadowing stuff.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
That is true. <3 I'm just sorta trying to think ahead some about what to do though in the event that he's not playable again this time...

Top Bottom