• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

D

Deleted member

Ridley sure loves his presents. :laugh:

Though it should've been an N64. :smirk:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I'm pretty sure demon furby to dragon isn't any more wierd than clam to eel.
Yeah, or something like that, and I did like how infant Ridley's screeches provoked the Kihunters and others in the area to attack Samus when he couldn't fight himself yet, and how adolescent Ridley got other creatures to keep Adam's men busy while he ambushed and pinned her down. Clever all throughout his evolutions.

Brought you again by yours truly, the Strongest.

(And don't get the wrong idea, that's not me.)
lol, I remember that.

Ridley sure loves his presents. :laugh:

Though it should've been an N64. :smirk:
A Gamecube would be more fitting since Ridley (and Metroid in general) never saw the light of day on N64 outside appearing in the first Smash game :p.. but I remember that pic too, though not the other one.

I think Santa gave him what he wanted, you would think he would coal too, for being a bad little boy and killing everybody.
Coal would just give him another thing to burn regardless. :laugh:

DilowcsNollsnn

Smash Rookie
I'm not worried about Ridley being to big (I use to think he was) because they could probably work around that. What I'm worried about is that he seems like he'd feel like an awkward character to play as. I'm sure they can figure something out but he seems a little to wide (not big!) to me, but maybe they could just place his tail and wings closer to his body, maybe I'm worried over nothing. However, if they can do Ridley well, I say go for it.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
If anything i think he would be too long, what with the long neck, body, and tail. Unless he walked forward with his wings flat on his back and his tail curled, and neck bent. Just like his Super Metroid form

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I think too long kinda holds even less weight than the too big argument, personally. Either way, I'd be fine with his tail being curled, wings flat on the back, and neck bent while walking if it fixes what some see as a potential problem with him.

D

Deleted member

With Ivysaur and R.O.B. being in Brawl, I'm pretty sure "awkward" doesn't mean anything at this point. :laugh:

I mean, one's a four legged plant thing that primarily uses vines and spores to attack, and the other was originally a stiff peripheral with limited movement.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
The size arguments work everytime :cool:
I think his length could be weakness/strength because he could reach very far, but people could hit him rather easily.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
The size arguments work everytime :cool:
I think his length could be weakness/strength because he could reach very far, but people could hit him rather easily.
That is the other side of the size argument. He will still be big, that is not argued.
But those will be the general attributes of his size. A smash that jabs his tail forward could have a huge range, but a move like ZSS plasma whip would also hit him rather easy.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
That is the other side of the size argument. He will still be big, that is not argued.
But those will be the general attributes of his size. A smash that jabs his tail forward could have a huge range, but a move like ZSS plasma whip would also hit him rather easy.
I didn't explain that well, I forgot the story. Convinced someone that Ridley's size doesn't work against him in smash context. I know full well he will be big, but in smash that shouldn't matter.

My thoughts exactly about him (for the second part).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Now, I haven't played much of the Metroid series, so I have a question...

Did Ridley's tail only have a stabby dagger-like appendage in Other M, or in other games as well?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Now, I haven't played much of the Metroid series, so I have a question...

Did Ridley's tail only have a stabby dagger-like appendage in Other M, or in other games as well?
He did have that in Super Metroid, I think. Not sure about Fusion or Zero Mission, or the Prime games.

D

Deleted member

His tail always had a point, but it's "dagger-like" appearance I believe is exclusive to Other M.
By which I mean, it looks like you could rip it off of him, tie it to the end of a stick, and you got a kinfe.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
His tail always had a point, but it's "dagger-like" appearance I believe is exclusive to Other M.
By which I mean, it looks like you could rip it off of him, tie it to the end of a stick, and you got a kinfe.
Attach it to a stick and add some feathers for an arrow, make a shield out of his skull, just like in Alien vs Predator

:phone:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Has anyone here noted Ridley's cameo in Nintendoland. I think that should count for something. Speaking of Nintendoland, Ridley's stomping ground, Norfair, appears to be arena in the Metroid minigame within Nintendoland.

D

Deleted member

The Robo-Ridley (as to not confuse it with Ridley Robot)?
Kind of old news. Doesn't really change anything though; it's already a well-known fact Ridley is important to the Metroid series, so it stands to reason that there would be SOME reference to him.

What's more interesting to me is that there is a Waluigi outfit for a player in the Luigi's Mansion inspiried game.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
He is also in some fighting game, and he appears like in OM and blows up that big platform you fight him on, so in the fight you see Ridley in the back flying around.

:phone:

NeoRidley

Smash Rookie
Ridley would be an awesome character to have. Along with Dark Samus or either a Hunter

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Apparently, Robo Ridley is confirmed as a boss in Nintendo Land's Metroid Blast. This would be perfect advertisement of Ridley's overall abilities, as well as how good of a fighter/Metroid rep he is.

See around 1:06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sawZZVrlsSo&list=HL1347582396&feature=mh_lolz

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see the upper post. At least the video showcases his attacks and role in the game.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Is he firing electric bolts or something now? lol But yeah, this is pretty neat.

Screenshot for more convenient viewing.

I guess he's firing something like Meta-Ridley's version of the plasma beam but with a purple recolor. Reminds me of Prime's wave beam to an extent now, and I guess Robo-Ridley can damage Samus's ship too. Cool.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Naw guys, that's casual garbage. NintendoLand isn't cool.

/Sarcasm

Really though, Metroid Blast looks fun. Like, it's my favorite attraction that I've seen so far. It'll be getting a lot of play time at my house, both solo and multiplayer.

D

Deleted member

The Metroid Blast almost looks like a big game of laser tag.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
puppet ridley for sm4sh

this design is so much better than any of his previous iterations. totally the one to represent him forever.
LOL Because he's cute and fat unlike his more hideous Omega and Other M forms? Next thing you know, there would be a Plush Ridley in the next Metroid game. :troll:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
The Metroid Blast almost looks like a big game of laser tag.
Laser tag room: Ridley edition!

The whole level is themed around mechanich/metal,so there's nothing wrong with this Ridley.
Yeah, though they could've just used Meta-Ridley for it since a lot of him is mechanical, but I guess that would've been a little lazy compared to coming out with this kind of robotic Ridley (not to be confused with the one in Zero Mission) that blends in with that world more.

LOL Because he's cute and fat unlike his more hideous Omega and Other M forms? Next thing you know, there would be a Plush Ridley in the next Metroid game. :troll:
Because the fan-made ones and stuff aren't enough? :p And I found his X-mimiced form in Fusion to be uglier than both of those.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Because the fan-made ones and stuff aren't enough? :p And I found his X-mimiced form in Fusion to be uglier than both of those.
Not to mention fighting him in Fusion was annoying as hell due to the high erratic movement and ear ****** screeches. I always have my volume down since those screeches hurt my ears in that fight. One thing for sure it that I'm glad he doesn't sound like that in the 3D Metroid games. ~_~

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ridley isn't that big if he can sit in a judges chair

Top Bottom