• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Does anyone find it sad that almost all of the sites that are reporting on the stage are saying "Sakurai is referring to a stage hazard and not a new playable character."

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So I said this in the Social thread last night, but what if Ridley being a stage hazard is just a temporary thing? Till you unlock him?

What I'm thinking is Ridley sometimes shows his face in Phyroshere, and damages the fighters a lot with his attacks. However, he doesn't stay on stage too long, and often retreats, only to come back, or to fire of some crazy fire ball attacks from a distance. Or perhaps the back ground even? Like Lugia / Ho-Oh do. However, you can attack Ridley as well when he comes on stage.

To unlock Ridley, you have to defeat him with Samus. Without losing any stocks. When you beat the match against whoever you face (gotta win as Samus though, the whole battle), Ridley shows up as a challenger, and you fight him again properly in Phyroshere. This time only he won't retreat, and of coarse his fighting style is a little different as an actual character.

Would this be awesome, Y/N?

Sakurai said that he wanted to improve 1 Player mode right? This could be such a thing. Or if Ridley is just a stage hazard on Phyroshere, maybe he also becomes a Adventure Mode boss, and unlockable from that?

I still view his chances as slim, but thought of this yesterday. Perhaps it can give someone some hope?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I just realized.
There IS another lava monster in Ridley's stage, just watch the cutscene where MANthony saves the day.
I'm fairly certain Sakurai wouldn't refer to a nameless lava monster as "an enemy of Samus' past." However yes, if Ridley is a character then it's a possible hazard, though I'm still holding out for the lava in that regard.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
So I said this in the Social thread last night, but what if Ridley being a stage hazard is just a temporary thing? Till you unlock him?

What I'm thinking is Ridley sometimes shows his face in Phyroshere, and damages the fighters a lot with his attacks. However, he doesn't stay on stage too long, and often retreats, only to come back, or to fire of some crazy fire ball attacks from a distance. Or perhaps the back ground even? Like Lugia / Ho-Oh do. However, you can attack Ridley as well when he comes on stage.

To unlock Ridley, you have to defeat him with Samus. Without losing any stocks. When you beat the match against whoever you face (gotta win as Samus though, the whole battle), Ridley shows up as a challenger, and you fight him again properly in Phyroshere. This time only he won't retreat, and of coarse his fighting style is a little different as an actual character.

Sakurai said that he wanted to improve 1 Player mode right? This could be such a thing. Or if Ridley is just a stage hazard on Phyroshere, maybe he also becomes a Adventure Mode boss, and unlockable from that?

I still view his chances as slim, but thought of this yesterday. Perhaps it can give someone some hope?
No, it's not even a likely thing, he'll either be a hazard or he won't, simple as that.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
My theory is that all the Ridley haters are in facts several accounts made by Samus, I mean if he become playable, she will have to see him everyday and even have to team up with him sometimes, do you really think that she will not say anything at all.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

This is something i thought about too instantly...i bet other people did too...its a damn good idea but its pretty farfetched...but anything can happen....its abit like the

''the defeat him as a boss to challenge him thing....''

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Then he'll be a stage hazard most likely.
I really don't know what to think at this point, but I do see a lot more arguments as to why he wouldn't be a stage hazard than as to why he wouldn't be playable.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I really don't know what to think at this point, but I do see a lot more arguments as to why he wouldn't be a stage hazard than as to why he wouldn't be playable.
I agree with your first part....i have no idea what to think atm...i am more leaning towards stage hazard though....but i your last part....Really? Anyone can be a stage hazard...surely going by the hate logic...anything Kraid can do Ridley can too....

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Also, I don't know if this was said earlier, but Smash is no where in Nintendo's lineup for PAX Prime, so unless Sakurai is there or Nintendo surprises everyone by showing Smash off, I doubt we'll be seeing anything Smash-PAX related. However, I'm not ruling out a character reveal on the site DURING PAX, which is what I think will happen.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Also, I don't know if this was said earlier, but Smash is no where in Nintendo's lineup for PAX Prime, so unless Sakurai is there or Nintendo surprises everyone by showing Smash off, I doubt we'll be seeing anything Smash-PAX related. However, I'm not ruling out a character reveal on the site DURING PAX, which is what I think will happen.
I noticed that too....

Plus nothing smash at gamescon? Wss it just all CoD: Ghosts

Q: When is PAX? start till end?

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
I noticed that too....

Plus nothing smash at gamescon? Wss it just all CoD: Ghosts

Q: When is PAX? start till end?
Gamescom is still going on I believe but the big stuff happened towards the beginning of it.

PAX Prime is August 30th to September 2nd.

Groose

Smash Champion
Nintendo has not listed Smash among the demos they'll be bringing. This is natural; the game is far too early in development for a demo. Even Mario Kart won't have a demo available.

However, that does no rule out the possibility of them having a small, surprise cknference detailing Smash. It also does not rule out the possibility of them making a reveal online, though I would expect them to reveal a newcomer at a live venue for extra power. Especially Ridley, especially at a Western venue like PAX.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The software line-up is simply the games they'll have up as demos to be playable by the public, so it's no surprise Smash Bros isn't on there.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Nintendo has not listed Smash among the demos they'll be bringing. This is natural; the game is far too early in development for a demo. Even Mario Kart won't have a demo available.

However, that does no rule out the possibility of them having a small, surprise cknference detailing Smash. It also does not rule out the possibility of them making a reveal online, though I would expect them to reveal a newcomer at a live venue for extra power. Especially Ridley, especially at a Western venue like PAX.

The software line-up is simply the games they'll have up as demos to be playable by the public, so it's no surprise Smash Bros isn't on there.

Of course I wouldn't be expecting a demo for Smash, but I am expecting something.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Btw, there's a Brawl tournament there on Friday, of course that doesn't give anything away, but it's funny nonetheless.

Groose

Smash Champion
Come to think of it whem this thread comes to a end.....i dunno what ima do...on these boards.....Ridley is the only char that really needs the support..well him and K.Rool...its soo true what someone said though...think it was Oasis or JohnK....

Supporting Ridley is very different than supporting any over char....
Come and support K. Rool.

Or go and support King Harkinian.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ridley has until tomorrow to be revealed or he is part of a stage. Fact.

He has to or what? We go bananas? We've been doing a damn good job of that already, thank you.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well it could be next Friday because PAX starts next week and us westoneers want Ridley the most and this goes on till labor day

And nice try I can tell in the blink of an eye it's fake dark phazon

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
People have at least became accepting of Other M Ridley. That's a good sign...

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
If you loveeeeeee orange juice and If your starved of water for 1 and a half days and you finally get your hands on some apple juice....are you gonna not drink it......

Anybody else notice how big Ridley is? Like, is it just me or is he too big?
Its just you....

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Glad to see this thread cooling down. Well whenever his status in SSB4 is announced, this thread will get crazy.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
How does this pic stand with you guys?

View attachment 2347
I absolutely adore the picture, just size the wings and hands a bit down and you've got the best character in the game.

Honestly, I was a bit bitter about the design being the one he'll use, no matter what role he's given, but since this whole big rocky Ridley ride started two days ago I'd die to see the Other M Ridley pop up on the website. This whole situation has made me accept the Other M design much more, and I've actually come to like it for what it is, so something good has at least come of this whole mess.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I was wondering. Even though this stage looks like Ridley's Home Stage, the different versions of SSB4 would include different methods of unlocking Ridley.

Even still, Ridley is at 50/50 at ths point.

Top Bottom