• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Sakurai usually never disappoints me, but if Ridley is a stage hazard, my jimmies will be rustled. However, he knos his fans well, and I don't want to believe that he would deny Ridleys appearance again. If he doesn't make it though, I still have Mewtwo to root for.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Sakurai usually never disappoints me, but if Ridley is a stage hazard, my jimmies will be rustled. However, he knos his fans well, and I don't want to believe that he would deny Ridleys appearance again. If he doesn't make it though, I still have Mewtwo to root for.
As i said before...brawl didnt really add anyone i cared for....sure diddy and wario was cool i have history with them but i still mained the same bowser and samus....instead brawl took something from me.....Mewtwo.....i expect something back this time.....bowser & samus are looking better so whatever....but yh.....i honestly have no idea whats gonna happen....

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Would it be equally as ridiculous to say that remixed Ridley could be playable and Meta Ridley be a boss?

Anything can happen.
Well, one thing to keep in mind here is how things are REVEALED. Toon Link has been REVEALED as part of the stage, Nook was REVEALED as part of the stage. DK as part of a stage was revealed after he was already known to be a character (as if that was necessary). If Ridley was revealed as a boss, or as a stage hazard, I'm sorry but it would be really pathetic to continue believing he may still be playable. If Ridley were revealed to be playable and later revealed to also be a boss, that's different.

R.O.B., I think at least, is different because his reveal as the Ancient Minister was supposed to be misleading. I have to believe throwing people off on a playable R.O.B. (which few even expected in the first place) had to be intentional because it was important to the plot of the SSE. It may be a bit of a stretch, but that's how I see it.

I think there are examples to counter this, I believe Ike was shown as a sticker first, but as a rule of thumb I think it stands pretty well. At least we can all cry tears of joy if Ridley turns out to be a character if he is shown to be part of the stage first. CAN GIVE ME ALL THE I TOLD YOU SO'S YOU WANT, but at that point I will be too happy to care, lol.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm sorry but that's really dumb.

Like I've said that's the same as saying Toon Link can still be playable because there are different ones in the timeline.
Sakurai has said that he hasn't cut anyone from Brawl's roster yet, but that we should expect cuts due to time constraints. Still, it means that Toon Link in the background of the Spirit Tracks stage isn't an indication of anything, Sakurai clearly doesn't mean for the background Toon Link to replace the character Toon Link.

I don't believe that Ridley can be a character and a stage hazard at once though. If Ridley is a playable character, he needs to use the Other M design in order to follow the rest of the Metroid representation, and the Spirit Tracks Toon Link differs more in look compared to the original Toon Link than Other M Ridley differs from original Ridley.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think it's a pretty good indication of where Toon Link stands in his priorities.

I'm pretty biased against Toon Link tho[THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED BY FALKOOPA]

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
@Oasis - I hear da i hear da.....

Lets just hope like he is revealed as playable not Hazard or boss because i aint gonna lie if he is revealed hazard or boss first it is done pretty much...the most logical stand point even though s_it can happen....i dunno....its actually gonna feel like it wont be worth waiting for.....

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I think it's a pretty good indication of where Toon Link stands in his priorities.

I'm pretty biased against Toon Link tho[THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED BY FALKOOPA]
Yeah, Toon Link is likely low in priority. I usually just cut him whenever I make a roster prediction, and I'd lie if I said I feel bad about it.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Pilotwings stage was shown the 6th August, plane picture on the 14th August.

Kid Icarus stage was shown the 23th July, second phase was shown the 1st August.

Man, sure felt like shorter time in between.
By that logic\pattern, we will see Ridley confirmation or deconfirmation on...
AUGUST 28!
Le profit has spoken!!!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yh i hope toon link gets cut :)
Falkoopa you mad bro?
It's not that I hope he gets cut, I know there are people that like him, but if anyone's gotta be cut I feel that he's the easiest one to cut, I'd rather he get cut than say Lucas, Snake or Wolf.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
It's not that I hope he gets cut, I know there are people that like him, but if anyone's gotta be cut I feel that he's the easiest one to cut, I'd rather he get cut than say Lucas, Snake or Wolf.
R.O.B
Toon Link
Falco or Wolf
Lucario
PKMN Trainer
Snake

Thats the pile imo i dont know who or how many...just saying....thats the pile.....

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
R.O.B
Toon Link
Falco or Wolf
Lucario
PKMN Trainer
Snake

Thats the pile imo i dont know who or how many...just saying....thats the pile.....
I'd say Toon Link, Wolf, Snake, Lucas and Ike instead. But hey, this isn't about Ridley, so let's cut it out.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Guys, dunno if it was already posted, but I think you should take a look to this recent video :

It's yet too soon to claim defeat. ;)
Can't have a destructible background?

I call bull****.

:shadowmoses:

We already had one.

I appreciate what he's doing but....

He's wrong about a lot of things...

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
I think Sakurai wants to put Ridley fans out of their suffering demise as quickly as possible.

Also, there's really no way they'd reveal Ridley before Brawl veterans as Diddy, MetaKnight, Pokémon Trainer or hell, even the so ignored second Metroid character: Zero Suit Samus. Not to speak of Yoshi, or Captain Falcon or Ness.

Please stop being so immature. Ridley will probably not make it in. It's a shame, sure. But no need for all this damn commotion.
I can't wait till they cut Diddy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
For real, of COARSE Ridley hasn't been shown yet on the stage. Why? We only get ONE PICTURE a day. If this was the Brawl Dojo, we would've seen Ridley already. Sakurai isn't being secretive, he just shows the stage before he shows Ridley on it. Is this that hard to accept?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
One reason he WOULDN'T want to reveal Ridley right off the bat as a stage hazard is because many would probably mistake it as a character reveal or something. Hinting that he'll appear first, letting that get out, then showing it off later, would probably go over easier.

I guess?

I dunno.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
For real, of COARSE Ridley hasn't been shown yet on the stage. Why? We only get ONE PICTURE a day. If this was the Brawl Dojo, we would've seen Ridley already. Sakurai isn't being secretive, he just shows the stage before he shows Ridley on it. Is this that hard to accept?
Because he totally hinted at a second stage of the Kid Icarus stage, and you fighting on a plane with the Pilotwings stage too when he first revealed those stages.

Seriously, you're not really following your own example of not causing any kind of chaos, you're the only one who comes in and fires up the flame.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Can't see the image, and honestly, I don't know if I even care enough to see it.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
In all seriousness though, I can see this as a likely Ridley reveal.
If Sakurai is a sane individual with respect to the fanbase and actually takes character popularity into account, Ridley will be revealed.
However if not, then that just shows he's a bit off his rocker and will have lost a lot of credibility over it.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I just hope we're actually given a reason this time? I mean, last time, I can understand that he wouldn't even really be considered. But I just can not believe that Ridley didn't cross his mind seriously at all this time? Surely someone might ask him in an interview or something?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I just hope we're actually given a reason this time? I mean, last time, I can understand that he wouldn't even really be considered. But I just can not believe that Ridley didn't cross his mind seriously at all this time? Surely someone might ask him in an interview or something?
He has most definitely considered Ridley, if he isn't a character he will have had his reasons why he believes that he fits better in other roles, or just plain doesn't fit as a character. I'd be very interested in hearing it too.

Btw, it's a bit disheartening seeing supporters talk like he is already deconfirmed, it feels like we're only a small force who still genuinly believes, though I see why it's demotivating.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
I still really think he has a shot, maybe more than ever.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I don't think I really want to know, it might just become the new "Ridley is too big to be playable" argument for the next smash bros.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
There is a fine line between teasing and taking the p iss......

If Sakurai makes us wait months only to reveal he is a stage hazard then he is a jacka ss....RealTalk.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
So another Ridley dream last night...

Lying in my bed I'm "notified" that there's new information on the DOJO about Ridley, so I grab my 3DS and watch the new video (hey it's a dream). Ridley's theme music starts up, and I see this artist rendition of Ridley moving around

... when the music suddenly starts to slow and decay, the scene changing into a large message that basically says "He's Not In It", and an image of a sad teary eyed Ridley on the left...

(Really brain? ...Really? T_T )

Then accompanying this video is an expanding pamphlet from Nintendo showing a detailed list and images illustrating why Ridley wouldn't work as a Smash Bros. character (videos that include pamphlets, huh?). Of course, some of the reasons were lame and disagreeable. Can't remember the exact reasons though.

.... Stupid dream... e_e

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't think I really want to know, it might just become the new "Ridley is too big to be playable" argument for the next smash bros.
If he doesn't give HIS reason, people are going to assume it's because he was too big anyway lol.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Well....Dreams are dreams....if hes not in i very much doubt we will get a official reason why....as Oasis said...Ridley really isnt special...suprisingly....its the public who give him his controversal celebrity status....

Its just like Justin beiber...milliions of lovers and haters but how many people are giving him attention in general reguardless of it being negative or positive?

Add up the haters and lovers its billions....

Same s hit....

EDIT: RealTalk

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
I just realized.
There IS another lava monster in Ridley's stage, just watch the cutscene where MANthony saves the day.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Come to think of it whem this thread comes to a end.....i dunno what ima do...on these boards.....Ridley is the only char that really needs the support..well him and K.Rool...its soo true what someone said though...think it was Oasis or JohnK....

Supporting Ridley is very different than supporting any over char....

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Lately I just think that anyone who says that "Ridley is too big" just doesn't like him at all. They just need to remember that size is not an issue in the Super Smash Bros. franchise.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Lately I just think that anyone who says that "Ridley is too big" just doesn't like him at all. They just need to remember that size is not an issue in the Super Smash Bros. franchise.
XD 3 likes in one second....

RealTalk.....

I dunno i just think its either that or arragance....or like PeePz just cant picture/believe/comprehend something untill its already happen or showed to them....

Sure the Ridley hacks arent great...but like i said before if Ridley is playable Sakurai will do it in such a way that PeePz would think

''Wow....i cant believe this was actually a problem before....''

Top Bottom