• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So much drama...

If Ridley gsts de-confirmed on Friday or before that, I'll have to leave the internet for a while.

I mean, guys, consider THIS for a moment...

Chrono

He gave up.

I'll leave you all to brainstorm on this matter.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Nope, the mold comes from the blood of the Dog that was shot by the Ducks. :troll:
And the bread comes from the wheat... and it was grown on the soil full of rich nutrients... nutrients from a decomposing corpse of a space dragon. :troll:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I WIN.
Wait. Forged evidence. Right. Looks like I'll have to do this legitimately.
My evidence this time around is the hole in the upper right corner of the image. It's based off of one that Ridley makes in Other M. It lends Ridley a connection to the stage that Mother B. lacks. I don't see a large glass tank in the arena, do you? It's pretty clear that this stage is a recreation of the one in which you battle Ridley.
True, there have been cases of stage hazards appearing where they shouldn't. But there has been reasoning behind it every time. Cresselia appeared in the Spear Pillar stage alongside Dialga and Palkia. Dialga and Palkia still appeared on the stage; Cresselia was just a bonus. Dialga and Palkia were still there, so my point stands: Ridley should be tied to this stage (whether this is his playable homestage or he'll be a hazard here). Maybe Mother Brain is a bonus, but that doesn't change that precedent states Ridley should be the main course.
Kraid's stage in Melee (Brinstar Depths) is as you quite nicely put it: "resembles nothing of its origins." It is NOT a recreation of the Kraid battle area! That makes it completely irrelevant in this situation, as this case deals with a recreation of the area where a major character appears.
I will concede, however, that Mother Brain is an enemy who may be considered a "trauma" to Samus. However, picture that was posted alongside the quote strongly suggests Ridley and in no way suggests Mother Brain. If it were just the quote, you would indeed be correct. But ignoring the secondary piece of evidence, Mr. God Robert's Cousin, is quite unprofessional.
I see you boys think you are alone in the court, but let ME have a chance!
Yeah, that's not my real picture. And I haven't played Ace Attorney. BUT- I do have something to say! BOTH of you realize that there is NOT enough evidence to clearly decide yet? However, how long have our people desired a giant purple dinosaur? FOREVER! WE must have some more villains! THAT IS ALL!

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
And as much as I wanted a sequel to Fusion for years, I guess it's a pipe dream since they no longer have Alien to rip off of.
Never say never, at least I will be happy if another Metroid game is being worked on and the Alien thing is really interesting I never though they will be so similar, I did know for example from where it come the Ridley name. Still is great thanks for the link.

.n_n.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
9 likes from a one word reply? Must be a new record.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
But the Ducks were shot by the hunter.:troll:
There are more ducks in the world...

...and some of them ate the hunter... :troll:

And the bread comes from the wheat... and it was grown on the soil full of rich nutrients... nutrients from a decomposing corpse of a space dragon. :troll:
That's no space dragon, it's a dead cat that can apparently speak every human language. :troll:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
And as much as I wanted a sequel to Fusion for years, I guess it's a pipe dream since they no longer have Alien to rip off of.
They can rip off Prometheus. :troll:

I mean, guys, consider THIS for a moment...

Chrono

He gave up.

I'll leave you all to brainstorm on this matter.
Chrono is human and just because he does doesn't mean that suddenly your assessment is right.

Having said that, none of us have overlooked the possibility of Ridley being a Stage Hazard, we just don't think he's 100% confirmed to be it with the information at hand being vague as it is.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
There are more ducks in the world...

...and some of them ate the hunter... :troll:

That's no space dragon, it's a dead cat that can apparently speak every human language. :troll:
Nah... that ain't it... look... this wheat field is 9001 acres huge... you can see it from space... it is like the Nazca lines... no way a dead cat can fertilize the whole thing. :troll:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nah... that ain't it... look... this wheat field is 9001 acres huge... you can see it from space... it is like the Nazca lines... no way a dead cat can fertilize the whole thing. :troll:
I stopped reading when I saw that Alexander: Total War and Rome: Total War were on sale on the Steam Store! :shades:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm Rickroll proof, I forced myself to like that song to resist all your witch craft! now Ridley fans heed my call!. I'm only here to protect from an eminent doom! the Great disappointment is upon! we shall not give in !

Disappointment? I won't be disappointed. Only if every single trace of Ridley is removed from the game I'll be disappointed. One minute you're trying to kill us and now you're protecting us? Congrats, you've made no progress in your point. We won't surrender.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Disappointment? I won't be disappointed. Only if every single trace of Ridley is removed from the game I'll be disappointed. One minute you're trying to kill us and now you're protecting us? Congrats, you've made no progress in your point. We won't surrender.
I can't tell if you are serious or not but W/E I'm out it's getting boring now :troll:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Guys, here is what we'll do to the Ridley haters if WHEN Ridley is confirmed to be playable, or Sakurai if Ridley isn't playable in the chance without a chance of that happening...

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Don't want to be THAT guy, but I'm pretty sure Ridley's role in the new Smash Bros. is going to be similar to this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpQRuIoL4Hs
...So a stage hazard.
Pretty sure this was posted already, whoops :laugh:
The akward moment when you realize that Ridley save him from falling into the lava.
Ryu : Oh thank you Mister dragon, you saved my life, wait what are you doing ? OH SH-

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I WIN.
Wait. Forged evidence. Right. Looks like I'll have to do this legitimately.
My evidence this time around is the hole in the upper right corner of the image. It's based off of one that Ridley makes in Other M. It lends Ridley a connection to the stage that Mother B. lacks. I don't see a large glass tank in the arena, do you? It's pretty clear that this stage is a recreation of the one in which you battle Ridley.
True, there have been cases of stage hazards appearing where they shouldn't. But there has been reasoning behind it every time. Cresselia appeared in the Spear Pillar stage alongside Dialga and Palkia. Dialga and Palkia still appeared on the stage; Cresselia was just a bonus. Dialga and Palkia were still there, so my point stands: Ridley should be tied to this stage (whether this is his playable homestage or he'll be a hazard here). Maybe Mother Brain is a bonus, but that doesn't change that precedent states Ridley should be the main course.
Kraid's stage in Melee (Brinstar Depths) is as you quite nicely put it: "resembles nothing of its origins." It is NOT a recreation of the Kraid battle area! That makes it completely irrelevant in this situation, as this case deals with a recreation of the area where a major character appears.
I will concede, however, that Mother Brain is an enemy who may be considered a "trauma" to Samus. However, picture that was posted alongside the quote strongly suggests Ridley and in no way suggests Mother Brain. If it were just the quote, you would indeed be correct. But ignoring the secondary piece of evidence, Mr. God Robert's Cousin, is quite unprofessional.
You've appeared to hit some critical points. Well played... But this isn't over yet.​
You are a worthy opponent indeed, but I am far from losing!
However, the point still stands that there is still the possibility of Ridley not being the aforementioned creature. Though you've debunked Cresselia and Kraid, you've yet to justify why the Ultimate Chimera acts as a stage element that appears out of nowhere. Additionally, the Melee stage, the Fountain of Dreams, completely lacks any presence of King Dedede despite it being an arena based completely on his bossfight, much as you claim Pyrosphere is based on Ridley's fight. Despite it being a recreation of the area where a major character appears, it lacks said character, despite what you claim to hold true of Ridley's arena.
Take note of this evidence:
[collapse="Exhibit A - Other M Ridley Hole Photograph"]​
[/collapse]​
The perspective of the hole indicates it is either to the side of or in front of the arena. Now, compare this to the stage in Smash Bros.!
[collapse="Exhibit B - SSB4 Pyrosphere Photograph"]​
[/collapse]​
While this stage is indeed based on the room Ridley is fought in, there are some very noticeable differences, such as the hole's shape and position, showing that there are signs the room may be showcased as the room itself rather than the actual battle against Ridley. Additionally, based on the floating platforms entirely breaking the format of the Other M Ridley fight, Sakurai is okay with leaving out details in order to improve aesthetics and gameplay balance. Be this the case, it is not out of the realm of possibility to suggest that the room is selected as a stage not for the reason that it was where you fight Ridley, but rather for the reason that it is the most stable fighting platform itself. Considering the constant tradition of lava/acid-flow in Metroid stages, as well as the unstable footing of the rest of Other M's Pyrosphere, there is nothing to suggest that Ridley truly is the essential trait about this room.
So once again, my opposing Groosely prosecutor, you are hard pressed to showing me any clear-cut evidence that proves that Ridley will indeed be a stage hazard. Your argument shows potential, but the facts do not line up in your favor!

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
My thoughts: I think this confirms Ridley more than deconfirmed him. If Ridley were merely a stage hazard, I think Sakurai would have shown him while showing off the stage, but he didn't. Why would Sakurai make another metroid fire level (there have been so many already!)? Because it's a homestage for Ridley. Sakurai is toying with us. He's probably only allowed to show off new characters once a month. This is his way of showing a new character without showing him. Let's be honest, if Ridley is in the game, he's almost certainly an unlockable, which means that they won't show him until after the game is out. Hell, for all we know, the method to unlock Ridley is by playing on this particular stage enough times.. CHALLENGE APPROACHING screen can come at any second, because a victory can come at any second. This could be Sakurai hinting at how Ridley is unlocked, for all any of us know. Also, Bowser is the other character in the picture... the most Ridley-like current Smash Vet. Says something to me.

tl;dr - Sakurai is toying with us, Ridley is in the game

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Why the heck am I liking every comment from the Ridley rant God Robert's Cousin and Groose are doing even though I've barely read any of it=???

Oh yeah, Phoenix Wright epicness.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Alright, I've decided on my course of action regarding to Ridley.

If Ridley is a playable character, I'll sing Open Your Heart from Sonic Adventure.

If Ridley is a stage hazard, I'll read this horribly awesome Super Smash Bros. fanfiction from beginning to end.

The catch? Going to eat a habanero prior to preforming either action. So either way, everyone will win.
Reminder to everyone.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
My thoughts: I think this confirms Ridley more than deconfirmed him. If Ridley were merely a stage hazard, I think Sakurai would have shown him while showing off the stage, but he didn't. Why would Sakurai make another metroid fire level (there have been so many already!)? Because it's a homestage for Ridley. Sakurai is toying with us. He's probably only allowed to show off new characters once a month. This is his way of showing a new character without showing him. Let's be honest, if Ridley is in the game, he's almost certainly an unlockable, which means that they won't show him until after the game is out. Hell, for all we know, the method to unlock Ridley is by playing on this particular stage enough times.. CHALLENGE APPROACHING screen can come at any second, because a victory can come at any second. This could be Sakurai hinting at how Ridley is unlocked, for all any of us know. Also, Bowser is the other character in the picture... the most Ridley-like current Smash Vet. Says something to me.

tl;dr - Sakurai is toying with us, Ridley is in the game
Quoting from a game show

It's the final answer heard around the world he won 1'000'000 dollars for one of the best theory's out of all of them

And for those playing at home for the reason why I'm saying this because Nintendo is going to show there presence at a place called PAX next Friday also know as another event if sakurai there this is it

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Quoting from a game show

It's the final answer heard around the world he won 1'000'000 dollars for one of the best theory's out of all of them

And for those playing at home for the reason why I'm saying this because Nintendo is going to show there presence at a place called PAX next Friday also know as another event if sakurai there this is it
PAX seems like a good place for a reveal. PAX is in America, where most of Ridley's fanbase comes from, and it's a pretty big event.

Top Bottom