• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Aha, but you seem to be forgetting that there are known examples of hazard characters appearing not where they should be! Cresselia makes an appearance in Spear Pillar while the Ultimate Chimera makes an appearance in New Pork City, despite each being native to Fullmoon Island and the Chimera Lab, respectively. Additionally, the known appearance of Kraid in Lower Brinstar does not match up to its origins, as it appeared in the section known as Kraid in the original Metroid and Zero Mission where as its arena resembles nothing of that of its tropical habitat in Super Metroid. This therefore disproves your evidence that a creature must originate in its arena to make an appearance in it.
While you may raise a point with Samus' trauma potentially not resonating from Mother Brain, you lack true evidence to prove your reasoning. Samus' trauma had never existed in prior Ridley encounters. Her submissive demeanor did not appear until after Mother Brain destroyed the only thing she currently kept precious to her heart. It was not until after that incident that Samus had any sort of monologued madness mantra, taking the form of her sheer shock at The Baby's death. This suggests the trauma she had when facing Ridley was not genuine fear of encountering Ridley himself, but the fact that his encounter was so surprising in her already weakened mental state. Therefore, Mr. Groose, your current evidence does not favor Ridley as the culprit!
You are making this quite too easy for me, my friend. Let us end this trial before your investment leaves you disappointed from your loss.​

(Also this is really fun please don't stop)

How could you forget this?

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
FE has 2 per game, same number as metroid in brawl, but after awakening's outstanding sales and popularity, we could get 3.(wouldn't be over representation). The thing a out Lucas was he was in a very recent game, and that game did amazingly in Japan.most of who you mentioned ( excluding Ridley and DS, weren't that mega important, were in one old(ER) game.
Maybe for you is not important but for the franchise of Metroid and as a series I see other hunters each with his own agenda a interesting aspect of the universe that is Metroid, not only the Space Federation or Pirates but other races and other armies that can rival both of the main groups that have appear in the series, obviously they cannot compare to the main protagonist but it will be great for the series to expand in that universe and show us that there are other characters apart from Ridley, Mother Brain and Samus. And finally it seems in the future they will use more characters and will have more antagonists in the series (as the ending of Metroid Prime 3 shows what appear a spaceship of Silux).

.n_n.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
How could you forget this?
Prioritizing. Though it did come to mind, I found two examples and a major past example to be enough.

I don't know why more people don't get hammy with their discussion. Ace Attorney-ing a topic makes it immediately 3 times more enjoyable.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Prioritizing. Though it did come to mind, I found two examples and a major past example to be enough.

I don't know why more people don't get hammy with their discussion. Ace Attorney-ing a topic makes it immediately 3 times more enjoyable.
I just found that one in particular to be funny, considering the fish isn't even in the right series. :laugh:

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Thanks for the nightmare fuel, I didn't want to sleep anyway.

Anyway if this stage is based on the battle with Ridley, does anyone want Anthonny Higgs to appear randomly and fight Ridley to keep him busy from attacking the players for a while like he does in Other M, of course he will at some point be beaten and Ridley will get back at attacking the players.
Both Ridley and Anthony being part of the stage... That would be funnily ironic.

No Anthony either, so what Metroid rep should we support next guiz?!

And I understand what you said but if Metroid is getting stale why not promote one of the other six hunters to the spotlight maybe that will inspire to make more Metroid games, at least I want to see Samus fighting Trace and his race or maybe Silux (wink, wink... in Metroid Prime 3 at the end it shows a ship that resembles his spaceship), I mean it would be interesting that Samus not only fight space pirates, she fights other clans, races and armies. Thats why I support the inclusion one of the other hunters to expand the universe of Metroid.

.n_n.
I agree with you in that sense then. If the Metroid universe is finally to be expanded on more, exposure to the other hunters and/or their races (including not just the MPH but the Prime 3 hunters as well) is probably overdue at this point.

And as much as I wanted a sequel to Fusion for years, I guess it's a pipe dream since they no longer have Alien to rip off of.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Let's analyze the stage of origin itself.

The origin of Pyrosphere is that it's a "extremely heated, lava-filled area of the Bottle Ship." I've got a feeling that lava will be a stage hazard, and the "unknown" spark-like river flowing behind Bowser seems to be it. As said before, the lava will probably fill up quickly during the fight and act similar to that of Norfair's lava. Also, speaking about Metroid stages, will this one follow the routine of sinking into the lava/acid?​
The more you explore into this part of the ship, the more desert-like it becomes. It also houses creatures mostly native to Planet Zebes' Norfair. This SPECIFIC part of Pyrosphere seems to be the Geothermal Power Plant, where Ridley's clone is fought. Note I said CLONE. This doesn't de-confirm anything yet. For all we know, Ridley's in the game using a modified version of his Brawl appearance, and that his Other M clone is the stage hazard Sakurai's hinting at. It worked for Donkey Kong! Here's my idea for the stage:​
In the photo above is a picture of the match BEFORE the fight. Over some time, the Other M clone will appear and destroy the Magma-eruption port. This causes the lava to overflow and take over the main platform. Ridley will maybe fire some flaming orbs of awesomeness and roar, but that's it, and he'll fly back after the lava overtakes the main platform. Then, like magic, after some time, the room will drain, allowing you to touch the floor once again.​
That's my theory.​
For the second part just a question I promise. But when you say "other m Ridley is cloned I know because little birdie project" so your saying we get the Ridley as a playable we know in love and the other m one is the stage hazard

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I totally missed something can someone wrap up what the picture was and the theories real quick?
Double post

Yesterday's picture is the stage you fought Ridley in other m and he said in the quote
An enemy should apear very soon something like that I knows that's not what he said but pretty close

In other words this quote is a Godzilla sized hint about Ridley being in the game

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
You guys needs to lower your hype because it's obvious Sakurai is confirming that Ridley is a stage hazard, stop deluding yourselves, consider Ridley chance miniscule...STOP DELUDING YOURSELVES.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
For the second part just a question I promise. But when you say "other m Ridley is cloned I know because little birdie project" so your saying we get the Ridley as a playable we know in love and the other m one is the stage hazard

Right on the nose, mate!

EDIT: I'm not Austrailian or racist.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
You guys needs to lower your hype because it's obvious Sakurai is confirming that Ridley is a stage hazard, stop deluding yourselves, consider Ridley chance miniscule...STOP DELUDING YOURSELVES.

NEVER!

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

We're not going to give up. There's a 50/50 chance he could be a stage hazard or playable character. OR, the cloned Ridley from Other M is the hazard and a mesh-up of the Ridleys we like (mainly the Brawl version) as a playable character. There's still a chance, and there's no reason for us to not stop believing. Before you respond by calling me a "over-excited fanboy", I'm not a fanboy. I'm a Smasher. And so are we as a community. We fight for what we want. We work together to get what we want. ] As a community, we want Ridley. We want King K. Rool. We WANTED Mega Man. And look what happened. So don't tell us to lower our voices. We have as much right as anybody else. 3...

GO!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm here, I'm an Anti-Ridley fan!, and Sakurai gave me weapons to kill all the Ridley supporters! MUAHAHA*COUGH* you get the point!
You also hate Roy.

You just hate nice things in general.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm here, I'm an Anti-Ridley fan!, and Sakurai gave me weapons to kill all the Ridley supporters! MUAHAHA*COUGH* you get the point!

Glad to see violence in the system. You really have some guts to come here and mention "killing us all." You're nothing but a troll. We have rights to want a character, as much as you do to not want him! Do I come over to your sh*t and make a big ruckus? No. So leave us alone and go watch some cat videos or something, they might help you calm down.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
We're not going to give up. There's a 50/50 chance he could be a stage hazard or playable character. OR, the cloned Ridley from Other M is the hazard and a mesh-up of the Ridleys we like (mainly the Brawl version) as a playable character.
"He could be a stage hazard." - realistic

"He could be a playable character." - optimistic

"The cloned Ridley from Other M is the stage hazard and the Brawl version of Ridley is playable!" - denial

So... it is more like a 33/33/33 chance, not a 50/50 chance like you are saying here. :troll:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If we tell him Ike is gay for Soren (or vice versa), he'll go into a tissy.

That'll be funny.

Nado

Smash Cadet
Link has toon link as the conductor of the train. So if Ridley has a different form then the stage hazard and its easy to tell the difference then theoretically Ridley could be a stage hazard and a playable character. Its not very likely but it could happen

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
As not just the Champion and Title Holder of this here thread and of Smash Boards as a whole, but as the now promoted GOD OF SMASH BOARDS AND RIDLEY, I COMMAND YOU TO STAND DOWN...

...or perish. Do you hear me Mr. Nobody=???

Because like the purple-winged-one-who-shall-not-be-named, we never die, and when we do die, we never die forever, and when we do die forever, we are cloned back into a new life form that is stronger, and when that life form dies, we become an even stronger cloned life form, and so on.

LIKE RIDLEY, WE, THE RIDLEY SUPPORTERS, ARE CUNNING GODS OF DEATH, AND WE SHALL NOT PERISH!!!!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
GUYS! It's a bummer... Toon Link won't return because of Spirit Tracks stage, he's a stage hazard there.
Remember kids, drinking while driving is hazardous to everybody on the stage, no just yourself.

If we tell him the truth, he'll go into a tissy.

That'll be funny.
Fixed.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
"He could be a stage hazard." - realistic

"He could be a playable character." - optimistic

"The cloned Ridley from Other M is the stage hazard and the Brawl version of Ridley is playable!" - denial

So... it is more like a 33/33/33 chance, not a 50/50 chance like you are saying here. :troll:
I'm pretty sure all 3 of your options are actually just different kinds of moldy bread. :troll:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Link has toon link as the conductor of the train. So if Ridley has a different form then the stage hazard and its easy to tell the difference then theoretically Ridley could be a stage hazard and a playable character. Its not very likely but it could happen
Actually doing some research Ridley has indeed Ben cloned

They got some DNA of samus suit in other m which is likly to be Ridley DNA. Which is know as project little birdie. So the other m Ridley is so ugly due to clone and probably a few other parts of DNA from zebes. And how he resurrect so much i believe it has something to due with eating dead stuff in the after life he ate enough to resurrect. I believe that's how he resurrects

And for him to fit in smash bros 4 if he's a stage hazard on that stage. Is if he ate enough during the little birdie project there could be indeed 2 Ridleys at the same time. and the little birdie Ridley got killed while the other one was still put there forming the army alive

Ps I hope you guys can read it

Groose

Smash Champion
Aha, but you seem to be forgetting that there are known examples of hazard characters appearing not where they should be! Cresselia makes an appearance in Spear Pillar while the Ultimate Chimera makes an appearance in New Pork City, despite each being native to Fullmoon Island and the Chimera Lab, respectively. Additionally, the known appearance of Kraid in Lower Brinstar does not match up to its origins, as it appeared in the section known as Kraid in the original Metroid and Zero Mission where as its arena resembles nothing of that of its tropical habitat in Super Metroid. This therefore disproves your evidence that a creature must originate in its arena to make an appearance in it.
While you may raise a point with Samus' trauma potentially not resonating from Mother Brain, you lack true evidence to prove your reasoning. Samus' trauma had never existed in prior Ridley encounters. Her submissive demeanor did not appear until after Mother Brain destroyed the only thing she currently kept precious to her heart. It was not until after that incident that Samus had any sort of monologued madness mantra, taking the form of her sheer shock at The Baby's death. This suggests the trauma she had when facing Ridley was not genuine fear of encountering Ridley himself, but the fact that his encounter was so surprising in her already weakened mental state. Therefore, Mr. Groose, your current evidence does not favor Ridley as the culprit!
You are making this quite too easy for me, my friend. Let us end this trial before your investment leaves you disappointed from your loss.​

(Also this is really fun please don't stop)

I WIN.
Wait. Forged evidence. Right. Looks like I'll have to do this legitimately.
My evidence this time around is the hole in the upper right corner of the image. It's based off of one that Ridley makes in Other M. It lends Ridley a connection to the stage that Mother B. lacks. I don't see a large glass tank in the arena, do you? It's pretty clear that this stage is a recreation of the one in which you battle Ridley.
True, there have been cases of stage hazards appearing where they shouldn't. But there has been reasoning behind it every time. Cresselia appeared in the Spear Pillar stage alongside Dialga and Palkia. Dialga and Palkia still appeared on the stage; Cresselia was just a bonus. Dialga and Palkia were still there, so my point stands: Ridley should be tied to this stage (whether this is his playable homestage or he'll be a hazard here). Maybe Mother Brain is a bonus, but that doesn't change that precedent states Ridley should be the main course.
Kraid's stage in Melee (Brinstar Depths) is as you quite nicely put it: "resembles nothing of its origins." It is NOT a recreation of the Kraid battle area! That makes it completely irrelevant in this situation, as this case deals with a recreation of the area where a major character appears.
I will concede, however, that Mother Brain is an enemy who may be considered a "trauma" to Samus. However, picture that was posted alongside the quote strongly suggests Ridley and in no way suggests Mother Brain. If it were just the quote, you would indeed be correct. But ignoring the secondary piece of evidence, Mr. God Robert's Cousin, is quite unprofessional.

Top Bottom