• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Might aswell tell me personally, shall I put you on my ignore list or will you stop the childish remarks?

Oh sorry... The truth is I don't really support the char so... sorry for the joke.
About the ignore list, the world is free man, it wouldn't hurt me.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why do I have the sinking feeling we won't get an update on this for several days ...

It just seems like the sort of thing Sakurai would do.
You just answered you're own question.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Oh sorry... The truth is I don't really support the char so... sorry for the joke.
About the ignore list, the world is free man, it wouldn't hurt me.
It's not like I think putting you on the ignore list would hurt you, I just needed to know if I should have any interest in reading any of your future posts. I'm not one to often ignore people, so yeah. Still, you seem to have realized it wasn't a very smart comment, so I'll let it pass.

This place is pretty frantic right now, anything that even remotely hints at wanting Ridley to be a stage hazard will have you swarmed. It's probably best to tread lightly right now.

EDIT: Wow, welcome to page 200 guys.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I dunno, I think considering one of the most anticipated newcomers for years now just took a huge hit to his big purple space balls, we've all handled it pretty well outside of at least three people (that I can think of).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know, Geno welcomes lost souls with open arms of kindness and love

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd cry, but I'm afraid I'd extinguish what fire you have left

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
There used to be an image in my post. But then the 404 Happened.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Still rooting for Ridley. Still thinking it's possible, even likely. That said, will still be hyped for the game even if he doesn't get in. He was my most wanted newcomer for Brawl, after Sonic (God, hope that doesn't hurt my credibility) and I still loved the game. As far as my most wanted newcomers go, I already got one in, Mega Man, and I expect to get one or two more. I don't want to be greedy.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Still rooting for Ridley. Still thinking it's possible, even likely. That said, will still be hyped for the game even if he doesn't get in. He was my most wanted newcomer for Brawl, after Sonic (God, hope that doesn't hurt my credibility) and I still loved the game. As far as my most wanted newcomers go, I already got one in, Mega Man, and I expect to get one or two more. I don't want to be greedy.
Seeing Little Mac and Palutena in your sig means that you're pretty much guaranteed to get two more :p

Ridley is still likely, there's a big chance Sakurai did not refer to him as a stage hazard. I still don't see Sakurai pulling such a move.

Shotguner159

Smash Apprentice
the thing you fail to realize is that she knew that the space pirates were still alive. meaning that she always knew that there was a possibility that Ridley could be brought back.it wasn't until Zebes was blown up in SM that she thought Ridley could never come back.
In a place filled with things she fought on Zebes, Ridley being among them doesn't enter her head?

ummm....have you seen any of the flashbacks?
Yes. In none of them does it imply or does she state she hates taking orders, given that she follows all of them without an argument, except that one case.

yes because she felt that her old self was naive.
Samus didn't think like that in Fusion, which takes place after this. And naive shows up twice in Other M, both times in the same monologue, when she talked about how she left the federation.

Samus Obeys orders when they are not Unreasonable. She knew in her mind that Adams orders to not save him was the right thing to do
Why does she ask for him to order her to do it? Wouldn't the Samus of the Manga and Fusion try to go and do it without asking to be ordered to?

if you can't see the OBVIOUS fact that she didn't like her superiors and wanted respect I don't know what to tell you but to actually watch the cutscenes.
There's a difference between not liking superiors and wanting respect and hating taking orders. And she did like her superiors, given that her superior was Adam. So all you have is wanting respect, which she did, but that isn't the same hating to take orders, which is a documented part of her personality before and after Other M, but not during it, since there is no indication she hates to do so. Every time she gets ordered to do something, she has no objections, and the first time she finds herself strangely exhilarated. There is never any sign that Samus hates to take orders at any point in the game, as all the references to it have Samus finding no problems taking orders, and the one time she did, she later says was a bad idea. Point me to one place in Other M where Samus explicitly dislikes to take an order that isn't the going after Ian one, as she says that arguing with that order was a bad idea, and that following that order was the right thing to do.

space jump,grapple beam and varia suit all have consequences.
gravity suit really wasn't even needed.
What consequences? The Grapple Beam lets her swing across grapple points, the Space Jump lets her jump forever, the Varia Suit ups her defence and gives her protection against heat and the Gravity Suit lets her treat all areas as having normal gravity and ups her defence even more. They can't do anything that would have consequences.

honestly in every metroid game samus RANDOMLY looses all of her powers and has to gain them back somehow.
in other m there was actually a coherent reason as to why she didn't have her powers.
Running through a really hot area taking damage, waits for Adam to authorize Varia Suit. Anthony is being attack by something, needs Grapple Beam to get to him, waits for Adam to authorize it. Fighting a creature with control over gravity, doesn't activate Gravity Suit, switch that needs the Wave Beam to be hit, doesn't activate the beam until Adam authorizes it. It's not a coherent reason when Samus doesn't activate abilities when they'd be useful unless Adam authorizes it, it just makes it stupid, given that you activate them late anyway. Hell, when you arrive on the station, Samus doesn't even have anything equipped anyway, and you only get missiles when Adam authorizes them, which he does before Samus enters his command. So the reason is even less coherent at second glances than it is at the first one.

Groose

Smash Champion
It's been well over an hour since the last post. Only 8 people are viewing the thread.

We've passed critical mass, people.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It's been well over an hour since the last post. Only 8 people are viewing the thread.

We've passed critical mass, people.
All for the best, the fanbase was beginning to lose it's grip on sanity... establish since that's so delicate around here to begin with.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I got scared by Shotguner's massive post. Too early in the morning for that :(

In the meantime, keeping an eye out for Gamescom stuff. It's Nintendo today? I have no idea what's going on over there.

Groose

Smash Champion

In the meantime, keeping an eye out for Gamescom stuff. It's Nintendo today? I have no idea what's going on over there.
I'm not sure when Nintendo is doing their thing. All I know is that they're supposedly focusing on indie developers.

Anywho, today is reserved for members of the press; the event is open to the general public starting tomorrow.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Today it's closed off from public attending. Tommorow it opens up for everyone.

Also, some Twitter posts indicate that Nintendo has been rehearsing some kind of session on the 19th. A sound engineer wrote "The whole room here at Nintendo's #GDC session just got permanent hearing damage from mic feedback."

Sounds like they're having fun.

Top Bottom