• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
HUUUARRGH I DONT CARE ABOUT HOLES UNLESS THEY BELONG TO MY LADY YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN WHISPER SWEET THINGS INTO THEM TO MAKE HER SMILE THAT WOULD BE SO NICE I LOVE HER EARHOLES.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Actually, that hole isn't there before he escapes.

Unless I'm missing something.

If you pause it right before the fire hits the wall you can see the rift shaped hole is there, you can also see that the hole he makes is a big circle shape, that's because he widens it. The place is in general a bit wrecked too, so it's not the only place where there's a rift in the wall.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If you pause it right before the fire hits the wall you can see the rift shaped hole is there, you can also see that the hole he makes is a big circle shape, that's because he widens it. The place is in general a bit wrecked too, so it's not the only place where there's a rift in the wall.
I've looked and I can find any hole there or anywhere!

Do you have a pic? Maybe I'm just blind...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Every time I try to draw it into my mouth it like touches the bottom of my lip but not the nicely colored pink part (seriously my lips have such fabulous natural color man) NO ITS THE SKINNY SKIN PART and it just feels so gross man ramen is the worst y'know I tried to eat it raw before putting water in it and when I could actually manage to break off chunks of it it tasted much better than this mess BLEGH GEEZ.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I've looked and I can find any hole there or anywhere!

Do you have a pic? Maybe I'm just blind...
I'm actually at school at the moment, and the Youtube video doesn't want to cooperate right now, I'll see if I can fetch something else somewhere, else I'll post it later.

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
She didn't freak out to that extent when she saw him in Prime, after she thought she killed him in the first game. Nor in Prime 3, after thinking she killed him in Prime and again later when she thought he was dead again. And not in Super Metroid, after thinking she killed him again in Prime 3.
the thing you fail to realize is that she knew that the space pirates were still alive. meaning that she always knew that there was a possibility that Ridley could be brought back.it wasn't until Zebes was blown up in SM that she thought Ridley could never come back.

Metroid Fusion takes place after this game and identifies the "hating taking orders" as being present, meaning the Other M is the sole outlier in regards to her hating taking orders thing.

And where in Other M does she say she hates taking orders.
ummm....have you seen any of the flashbacks?

Strangely exhilarated doesn't sound like she hates taking orders.
yes because she felt that her old self was naive.

Wouldn't the Samus who killed Space Pirates during a scouting mission and destroyed BSL because they were the right thing to do against orders try to save him irregardless of orders given to her?

Going through Other Ms script, I can't find a single mention of her hating to take orders, something that should be present, given that it's there before (The Manga) and there afterward (Fusion).
Samus Obeys orders when they are not Unreasonable. She knew in her mind that Adams orders to not save him was the right thing to do

if you can't see the OBVIOUS fact that she didn't like her superiors and wanted respect I don't know what to tell you but to actually watch the cutscenes.

Yes, because the Space Jump, Grapple Beam, Varia Suit and Gravity Suit would have dire consequences if Samus used them with their lack of offensive capabilities.
space jump,grapple beam and varia suit all have consequences.
gravity suit really wasn't even needed.

honestly in every metroid game samus RANDOMLY looses all of her powers and has to gain them back somehow.
in other m there was actually a coherent reason as to why she didn't have her powers.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm actually at school at the moment, and the Youtube video doesn't want to cooperate right now, I'll see if I can fetch something else somewhere, else I'll post it later.
Looking forward to it.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Does anyone think the next Daily Pic will have to do with Metroid?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
10 pages since I went to sleep, not really gonna bother reading them through, so let me guess: detractors decided to pop in?
There were a couple of 'em, yeah, and some sycophants who judged Ridley's supporters as a bunch of butthurt/ape**** fanboys for not taking kindly to the idea of Rids being a stage hazard, especially when it came to Chrono's reactions. That's about the 10+ pages in a nutshell, minus some humor here and there.

edit: The updated thread title = win.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
RidSHUT UP ABOUT HOLESley for Smash 4.

That's all we need to complete life.

Watch it be Diddy Kong, ROB, or Ness. :troll:

Also, I said this the day before Diddy Kong was confirmed, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ridley was confirmed today!!! :awesome:
If Ridley is confirmed today I'll mix a coca cola, milk, and tea and drink it all at once.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm honestly not expecting anything to do with Ridley today. While we've been making a big fuzz about it Sakurai will likely just treat it like just another screenshot and we'll probably see Samus with Kirby's head today. Again.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
If Ridley is confirmed today I'll mix a coca cola, milk, and tea and drink it all at once.

If he gets in and is actually good, then by all means I'll eat my own words. No really, I'll write it out on a piece of paper and record myself swallowing it.

Just going to re-quote this one here too, don't think I've forgotten about any of this, I expect you all to deliver.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
So eh, how long/how many hours now till there's another picture update? Despite what people's predictions for it might be, I do wonder if it's worth staying up for because I'm already starting to get tired cuz of last night.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I truly think yours expectations are to big...
No other enemy about Samus past can make sense in this scenario... And I really don't think this will be a neutral stage.
Ridley will kick-ass... but just as a stage hazard.It's in your face, guys, accept it.
(I can't say the "any second" and Bowser inclusion in the picture wasn't mean... Sakurai = master tr00ll)

"An enemy from Samus's past may appear at any second."

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
I doubt there will be pics for at least a week that have anything to do with Metroid, but none the less...
TO RIDLEY!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I truly think yours expectations are to big...
No other enemy about Samus past can make sense in this scenario... And I really don't think this will be a neutral stage.
Ridley will kick-***... but just as a stage hazard.It's in your face, guys, accept it.
(I can't say the "any second" and Bowser inclusion in the picture wasn't mean... Sakurai = master tr00ll)

"An enemy from Samus's past may appear at any second."
Nah, sorry, I'm not one to jump to conclusions. What Sakurai said could more easily be in context as to what happens in Other M than what's gonna happen in Smash Bros, given that he usually talks about what happens in the source games when revealing stages. Do you really think the guy who posted the incredibly vague picture of the Pilotwings stage would simply go on and say "Oh yeah, Ridley's a hazard in this stage" without even showing it. It's not in character of Sakurai to do so.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Who else woke up to the random title change?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
It wasn't so much random; if you were there when it happened, it would've made more sense.

Anyway, I guess no one's gonna answer my question?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So eh, how long/how many hours now till there's another picture update? Despite what people's predictions for it might be, I do wonder if it's worth staying up for because I'm already starting to get tired cuz of last night.
The usual upload time of the daily images is in an hour.

Top Bottom