• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Groose

Smash Champion
joker.png
It's probably already been done... but there is far to much to read, so I'm not going to bother searching.​

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
By the way, people saying being a stage element is a downgrade from boss, I don't buy it. After characters, it's stages people care about. Then probably, I dunno, music? Items? Being a BOSS kind of puts characters on a certain pedestal as having importance to the plot, BUT WHO CARES ABOUT PLOT IN SMASH? Who even plays the story mode more than once or when they're super bored. I wouldn't play Boss Rush if it wasn't for it being so hard to beat on Intense, lol.

POINT IS, as part of a stage, I can appreciate Ridley more often than as a boss. I hope he actually gets on the stage though instead of flying around in the background shooting fireballs.

So instead of Ridley being excluded to a different part of the game and thus "out of sight, out of mind", I get to have a Metroid stage forever remind me of Ridley not being playable. Yeah. Looking forward to that. o_o

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The flames of argument are burning bright tonight, amigo. One cannot simply put out the forest fire. I'm preaching containment; prevent it from spreading with a little bit of logical reasoning. I never took an opinion; I never argued; I never fueled the fire. I'm just trying to bring logic and control to the anarchy of the blaze.
I know that's why I'm just going to view other threads and not this one for the rest of the day my final words in this form of the day

In comedy terms I'm leaving this monkey fight over a banana

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
So instead of Ridley being excluded to a different part of the game and thus "out of sight, out of mind", I get to have a Metroid stage forever remind me of Ridley not being playable. Yeah. Looking forward to that. o_o
Do you want him playable or not in the game at all? I can at least appreciate Sakurai's attempt to give fans of any character a nod just for that moment of joy. Though not preferred, I'd much rather be able to see Ridley all the time on a stage than having to go through some painful process of playing through SSE or Boss Rush.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
well, they showed off sonic at gamescon. maybe ridley will be shown off soonish? (even though sega's not ninendo)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
It would be fun if Ridley would grab a playable character on the stage and fly to the background to skid them along the outerwall, before returning to the stage to dive bomb them into the floor.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I dont understand...time doesnt speed up or slow down for no women or man no matter how strong or wealthy or healthy or ANYTHING!

i know its a bummee but guess what?

We have all have to do something called ''Waiting''

Some PeePz have more patience than others....

So now we are all waiting you all know that.

Now you lot need to decide what your gonna do to pass time seemse like you all have come up with the idea to b_tch at one another about the topic which keeps your mind focused and now its gonna seem like some has played the song of inverted time.....

Im the last person who would like to play ''The BiG man role''

Trust me...but Gahhhddd....get it together RealTalk....acting like b_tches....so immature.....

Go play a game
Gp out with friends
Go see your girlfriend
Watch a film.....

My vocabulary is trash im not insanely smart but boy.....i know stupid pointless s_it when i see it.....

Just wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is arguing gonna do if everyone is stubborn to the bone? We all have our opnions on s_it and were all so stubborn so we are not gonna change our opnions to the other persons.....convince them of anything...

You lot have found a game to play to pass time to wait and it is the #1 most stupid ******** worse idea ever...

Arguing for nothing a un-winnable game attempting to sway everyones opnion to jump in your boat yo whats the winners prize?

Pffftt.....f_ck me.....close this forum go do something else atleast untill we actually have something new info to talk about basicly untill tommorrows pic of the day if its a follow up to what jappened lol i bet its gonna be some random pic anyway....

RealTalk.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Honestly while Ridley was my most wanted newcomer and his playable chances may seem not as high now I kind of find I don't care. Knowing that we'd be stuck with the god-awful looking Other M look which is easily his worst look in the series. If they announced that there will be alt skins for character I might be more sad but I hate Other M and Ridley's Other M look so much that I wouldn't be super happy either way. Honestly who I really would want is Meta-Ridley as I think that was his best look and has the best moveset potential but any look other than his Other M one would have been cool. While I'll still be thrilled if he ends up being playable, I'm not going to be as disappointed as I would have been had there been a chance he'd use a not ******** look.

My bigger issue is if they don't add Ridley but still feel the need to add a new Metroid rep so add some **** Other M character like Adam, MB or yes even Anthony. Sakurai seems hell-bent on ignroring Prime despite the fact that is it a undeniably more well received and selling series. If we can't get Ridley than at least go with someone from a good Metroid game like Dark Samus.

D

Deleted member

It's probably already been done... but there is far to much to read, so I'm not going to bother searching.​
Confirm Luigi and nobody seems to care. Hint to Ridley as a stage hazard and everyone loses their minds.

EDIT: OK, Luigi was obviously going to be in the game to begin with, but I can't really use any other character for this meme.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Do you want him playable or not in the game at all? I can at least appreciate Sakurai's attempt to give fans of any character a nod just for that moment of joy. Though not preferred, I'd much rather be able to see Ridley all the time on a stage than having to go through some painful process of playing through SSE or Boss Rush.

Frankly... not in the game at all. But that's me. I wasn't impressed by his boss appearance, I feel anything else is a downgrade, and Other M Ridley is ooglie. If nothing else will appease me, I can do with him not appearing at all. Again, "out of sight, out of mind". Playable Ridley is a dream. I like not having the shattered remains of my dreams endlessly jingled in front of me.

D

Deleted member

Its Phyrosphere the first Smash Bros Stage that appeared in another fighting game that isnt Smash Bros?
I believe so. It appeared in Dead or Alive: Dimensions where Ridley was a stage hazard. I am unsure if that will be the case in SSB4 and most people hope not.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yet another thing I prefer over Fusion is Ridley's design.

But really I'd think Ridley's design would be BASED off his Other M design, but tweaked somewhat.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This thread.... Moved by 8 pages when I was asleep.

Did we get any new info? The Dojo site looks the same.

Groose

Smash Champion
Idk I really liked Ridley's Other M design. It was pretty terrifying.

There were a couple of aspects about it that I didn't like (his head wasn't quite right for me), but I do think it was OK as a whole. At the very least, it beats his NES design. If we get playable Other M Ridley, I'll still be absolutely thrilled.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This is all clearly just a ploy so Sakurai can give Ridley his Other M design and people will be so happy Ridley's just playable at all they won't even care. Just watch. :troll:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I'm not most people. A sizeable amount of logic points towards his role as a stage hazard... but I still hold onto hope.

Even so, I won't be absolutely devastated if I'm wrong.
same here.

(that's why I said most :p)

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I think if Sakurai is gonna show us Ridley, it will be in a way that hides his role.
Say, if he's a stage hazard, Sakurai will make the picture look like he could be playable.
Or we get Villager doing a thing. That works too.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
OK, calmed down after this morning. Right now, I'm leaning towards thinking this is a stage hazard, but still believe playable is possible. Either way, want clarification soon.

Groose

Smash Champion
I think if Sakurai is gonna show us Ridley, it will be in a way that hides his role.
Say, if he's a stage hazard, Sakurai will make the picture look like he could be playable.
Or we get Villager doing a thing. That works too.

I don't think we'll hear news for a few days. Maybe not even until next week.

But it should be obvious when he does show us the picture what role he'll have. A stage hazard will mean"BIG AS ****" Ridley, while playable Ridley will be much smaller.

But if he does somehow make the next picture ambiguous, it means he's playable. Sakurai isn't THAT big of a troll.

Top Bottom