• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
It warms my heart knowing I'm not the only one performing Satanic rituals.
Well i wish i had known about this alot earlier, or i wouldn't have wasted the rituals on the perfect date for something as lame as Germany winning the soccer world cup (i don't even like soccer...meh.).

I tell you, Friday 13th on a fullmoon was the time... :/ Well here is hoping a normal full moon gave enough power to the ritual for Ridley. All hail our commander!

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
So I found this, it's appearently Ridley in Captain N.

And this is Kraid:

Feel free to scream in terror.
The top one looks like Ridley's DNA got spliced with King K. Rool's.

At least Kraid has some modesty, but I would have preferred it if he covered the lower half of his body instead

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The only characters I can really see being announced on or before the release are character not on the roster. They've never once had two trailers for the same franchise, so I'd find it questionable to see any of the other unlockables save Duck Hunt shown off in a trailer (and I'm sure we WILL get one more trailer) before release. Now, other characters will probably have an intro, but not a full-on trailer. Duck Hunt probably won't have a trailer either.

The only characters I can see getting trailers are newcomers from franchises that haven't gotten a newcomer trailer or a new franchise that isn't Duck Hunt (because clearly he's this game's Game and Watch/ROB).

Agreed. Duck Hunt is our Mr. Game & Watch/R.O.B.
When was it said there would be a character reveal?

I remember the NicoNico thing saying there was a new character, but I believe that was a mistranslation, and the NoA Treehouse stream said no such thing at all.
No confirmation of any trailers at all during the streams. In fact, I doubt they will have trailers. But Sakurai never said Shulk was the final trailer, so I highly doubt he is. I'd be surprised if we didn't get a trailer on launch, but it probably wouldn't be in either of the streams. Ridley, K. Rool, and Mewtwo are a prime example of the possibility, they'd be the most hype. Isaac is a slim possibility, and out of all the characters still fairly likely to be in, he's the only one who would fit in the roster without MAJOR revisions to the roster.

I still say if he's in, K. Rool is more likely than Ridley to be announced, but a Big 3 trailer would be the best bet.

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
"But first, we'll be covering some upcoming games for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS." So a Mini Direct before the Smash gameplay. If they want to reveal something, this is the perfect chance. I'm hopeful for Ridley, but expecting nothing honestly.
im predicting at least some info on ridley on the 12th because of that quote since its smash 3ds that will be streamed, they can easily talk about the wii u smash bros as a wii u upcoming game and at that point, confirm ridley's role. its their last chance to do it before the people who have the game confirm/disconfirm it.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
There's one thing I never quite understood about Captain N aside from everything else.

So you have Mother Brain as the main villain of the series... and you don't have Ridley and Kraid working as the typical duo of incompetent henchmen that do her biddings, one being smart but clumsy (Ridley) and the other being stupid but lovable (Kraid), and have them constantly trying to take down the main heroes in almost every episode but always fail spectacularly, ending the episode with the villain beating them up as punishment?

I never understood why they wasted the chance of doing that.
Well Sega decided to go that route in the future. :chuckle:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It wasn't, people are speculating because it is well, the last week before the release. The NicoNico stream + the Treehouse thingy could mean a character reveal, but I am not getting my hopes up.
No confirmation of any trailers at all during the streams. In fact, I doubt they will have trailers.
Ah, I see, people are beginning to get in over their heads and get their hopes up over nothing...again.
Well, hopefully we do get something new on Friday.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I know they appear in the show, just not as the Scratch and Grounder of Mother Brain.
True, true. But then again, with designs that ugly, it''s better that they didn't appear that often.

Maybe that's why Ridley is the main antagonist of Metroid, because mother brain was shamed with her Captain N appearance, so she gave her role to Ridley.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
True, true. But then again, with designs that ugly, it''s better that they didn't appear that often.

Maybe that's why Ridley is the main antagonist of Metroid, because mother brain was shamed with her Captain N appearance, so she gave her role to Ridley.
She was young and she needed the money, okay?

Don't be so quick to judge the poor gal, she has an entire planet's worth of kids to support.

EDIT: Only a few more days to go. The pages are climbing up.

WE CAN DO IT PEOPLE.

Last edited:

Malle

Smash Apprentice
Found another nice compilation image on 4chan you guys may enjoy.
Made by me, mr. But I updated it shortly after posting it, adding the information regarding the mysterious tubes in under the platform. But this one seems more popular for some reason.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Made by me, mr. But I updated it shortly after posting it, adding the information regarding the mysterious tubes in under the platform. But this one seems more popular for some reason.
Because 4chan throw it around. What's this about pipes?

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
In regards to Phaaze Friday, even if Ridley isn't shown there(which is somewhat likely... but also not) we have the game released the next day. So within a 5 day period, we WILL know. Let's try to keep the thread under 2000 til then.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
You seem to be referencing feats from Meta-Ridley (him flying from deep space into Tallon IV, getting a Charge Beam to the throat, ETC), which I'm pretty sure would be excluded, or ignored if regular Ridley was pitted against Charizard on account of his cyborg body being very different, and much more powerful for that matter, than regular Ridley. Though even considering all that normal Ridley could take Charizard with little effort.
He did got a charged plasma beam (enemy-piercing plasma beam, not hot plasma beam) in Other M - you can do that when he is stunned by performing lethal strike on him. He is still pretty fast in Brawl and Zero Mission (cutscene after his ship landed) even if Meta Ridley was so fast only because of his cyborg body.
WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE MORNING STAR IS THAT?!
Ogre. TRUE Ogre. So, it is true form of Shrek.

So, Treehouse is going to stream 8 hours of gameplay and they have final version of the game. I don't think we really should 100% expect Ridley, but who knows. Hope for the best, expect the worst

Also, please, report "Hype hype hype" posts if there will be any. Or at least tell me what should i write as a reason for reporting those posts. Those posts are unnecessary and just flood this thread with garbage.

Last edited:

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
"IS HABBENIG!"

One last hype, one last hope.

COME TO ME SPACE PIRATE!
You're going to repost that gif until it becomes a meme. And then you will win. =3
So I found this, it's appearently Ridley in Captain N.

And this is Kraid:

Feel free to scream in terror.

The only way I'll accept that as Ridley is if it's an alt in Sm4sh

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Well, word has it some shops in japan get the copies tomorrow, and since there are shops that like to bust out games as soon as they receive them instead of keeping streetdate...we might get the first "leaks" on wednesday. If not one of the guys getting a copy just happens to be a guy well versed in 3DS-hacking and spoils everything by tomorrow night, that is...

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Well, word has it some shops in japan get the copies tomorrow, and since there are shops that like to bust out games as soon as they receive them instead of keeping streetdate...we might get the first "leaks" on wednesday. If not one of the guys getting a copy just happens to be a guy well versed in 3DS-hacking and spoils everything by tomorrow night, that is...
I hope for the latter because its faster. Since there is no 3DS Pyrosphere, then Ridley shouldn't be in 3DS version as anything other than a trophy. BUT what if they decided to leave files named as numbers, like Other M developers did (they also left them as just raw files, not something like 0.brres, just 0)?

Shog

Smash Ace
Jesus, Kraid is horrifying!
And let us indeed not falter dear Pirates and embrace the day Ridley gets revealed!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's one thing I never quite understood about Captain N aside from everything else.

So you have Mother Brain as the main villain of the series... and you don't have Ridley and Kraid working as the typical duo of incompetent henchmen that do her biddings, one being smart but clumsy (Ridley) and the other being stupid but lovable (Kraid), and have them constantly trying to take down the main heroes in almost every episode but always fail spectacularly, ending the episode with the villain beating them up as punishment?

I never understood why they wasted the chance of doing that.
Also Cutman and the other Robot Masters look weird. Like even weirder than Mega Man. At least he has the boots, gloves, and boxers armor. If they had just painted him blue the design would have been forgivable.

Captain N Ridley would be weird too, I can tell you that now. But it would still be better than jive stereotype Mother Brain.

So, do any of you think that Other M Ridley and Super/Brawl Ridley could work as separate color swaps? Not talking models here, just a color swap question. Of course if there's another purple to use, we have Metroid 1 Ridley as well.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Also Cutman and the other Robot Masters look weird. Like even weirder than Mega Man. At least he has the boots, gloves, and boxers armor. If they had just painted him blue the design would have been forgivable.

Captain N Ridley would be weird too, I can tell you that now. But it would still be better than jive stereotype Mother Brain.

So, do any of you think that Other M Ridley and Super/Brawl Ridley could work as separate color swaps? Not talking models here, just a color swap question. Of course if there's another purple to use, we have Metroid 1 Ridley as well.
was thinking ridley could also be colored metalic silver with green eyes, referencing what ridley robot would have looked like had it be completed.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

They are too similar (unless you are talking about artwork SM Ridley), so, it will be unnecessary. ZM and NES Ridley color could work because former one is dark grey/brown while latter one is purple with some green thrown in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom