• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Aye

When was the brawl site updated with the secret characters? Was it after the Japanese release? Or after European/NA release?

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
Let it be know that gif originated here! Also @ Zawaz132 Zawaz132 if you have the time, could you do one with Other M Ridley's head? If your too busy then never-mind.
Who could be too busy for Ridley? If I can find some good angles of Roidley, I'll make it tonight =]

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Aye

When was the brawl site updated with the secret characters? Was it after the Japanese release? Or after European/NA release?
They started a bit before the Japanese release, with Luigi and Marth, I think, and slowly went on from there.

A few, such as Ganondorf, Lucario, ROB, Toon link, Jigglypuff, and Wolf weren't updated until after the American release, I think.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Ridley might actually be confirmed guys
http://pastebin.com/ZWLNfpPH
check the date, apparently it was a leak from February, has everything on the leaked roster plus ridley. This may be it boys.
I wouldn't trust a pastebin. That can probably be edited. Don't fall for random stuff yet, fellows. Wait for actual gameplay, smashboards info this Friday, or a site update.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, we're nearing the last few days before the release date, and we'll likely know the full roster very soon.

I can't guarantee that Ridley will or will not make it in, but I wish you all the best of luck regardless. After all, I don't think there's any fan base for a character more deserving than you all.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't trust a pastebin. That can probably be edited. Don't fall for random stuff yet, fellows. Wait for actual gameplay, smashboards info this Friday, or a site update.
ya it can, I just tested it. Just disregard my post.

Beanybunny

Smash Cadet
NNID
atombeany
3DS FC
2019-9824-4588
Darn. I knew that Pastebin thing was fishy. How could no-one notice something that's been around since February?

Oh well...just a couple more days, anyway. >w<

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm not banking on a reveal at that event. As cool as it would be. If anyone did show up, it could be Bowser Jr. I'd be very happy and surprised if it was Ridley. And I suppose that other leak a more valid case. After all, it got the Alph thing right. And supposedly, it did the same for Bowser Jr.'s alts being the other Koopalings.

But unfortunately I think we'll have to wait until the Japanese release to 100% find out Ridley's fate. Here's to hoping he's playable.

Suffice to say, this last week is going to be exciting in terms of the roster. But it makes me all the most dissapointed that we didn't get a worldwide release with Smash 3D like with Pokemon X and Y.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
So whats going to happen first, Ridley is going to be revealed or the whole roster will be leaked?

Robotic Operating Buddy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moguera24
I have to say, the only thing that makes me feel like Ridley might be a boss is something that detractors never seem to bring up. Its the giant gaping hole in the background of Pyrosphere. That thing just screams boss entrance to me and seems to serve no other purpose than that. I really want Ridley but every time I look at that hole I freak out a little inside
(I would show a picture but I have no idea how to :dizzy:)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
They are too similar (unless you are talking about artwork SM Ridley), so, it will be unnecessary. ZM and NES Ridley color could work because former one is dark grey/brown while latter one is purple with some green thrown in.
I was talking about the purple colors he had throughout the series, since that's his most consistent. Super Red and Zero Mission Green(the artwork version that is)would make good choices on their own. Not gonna doubt that. I figured Super Purple/Brawl Ridley and Other M Ridley would be redundant, but I wanted some other opinions on that. Though the NES Ridley could work since it's a much darker shade of purple and the neon green pops out really well.

was thinking ridley could also be colored metalic silver with green eyes, referencing what ridley robot would have looked like had it be completed.
Yeah, that can work as a color too.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
I mean, it hasn't happened yet. Still a possibility, sure. At this point though, I almost rather wait until I have the game, unlock Ridley for myself rather than have it spoiled.
This is another reason why I'm stunned that Nintendo went for anything other than a Global release. Ah, the 90s. There's is literally no point keeping characters unrevealed to the West if 20% of the market already has it, are talking about it, and the game media aren't under embargo.

Last edited:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
the person who wrote it confirmed it fake in the rumor thread
Knew it. Hope you guys don't shower me with hate, but at this point I doubt all leaks that have Ridley in it. It just...doesn't seem likely to me. Sorry.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I find it hard to believe that Ridley is playable without more characters being added as well (mainly because they'd have to completely reorder the roster when Ridley is added, or add new characters to fill it in). That Pastiebin is crazy, though... did anyone create an account and try to edit the date that way? I tested it myself and sure enough, creating a new version tells you there is an old version.

Top Bottom