• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I kind of wish nothing was ever leaked cause we pretty much know all the characters minus maybe 3. What an upset if ridley doesn't get in, or just someone we don't know about.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Don't trust text leaks.
I don't trust text leaks. The main thing with this, though, is that if it was legit and there's no way to edit the date, and making edits to the text itself tells you it was edited, every single character in that "text leak" was correct and has now been leaked/confirmed except Ridley.

Lanog20

Smash Apprentice
I'm not banking on a reveal at that event. As cool as it would be. If anyone did show up, it could be Bowser Jr. I'd be very happy and surprised if it was Ridley. And I suppose that other leak a more valid case. After all, it got the Alph thing right. And supposedly, it did the same for Bowser Jr.'s alts being the other Koopalings.

But unfortunately I think we'll have to wait until the Japanese release to 100% find out Ridley's fate. Here's to hoping he's playable.

Suffice to say, this last week is going to be exciting in terms of the roster. But it makes me all the most dissapointed that we didn't get a worldwide release with Smash 3D like with Pokemon X and Y.
Yeah, I don't believe we're getting anything either. I'm not hyping myself for a possible reveal from Nintendo Treehouse like I've done 500+ times now. You can say, "Oh, but it's a day before release we have to get something!" Pretty sure we all said something similar to that when E3 and Comic-Con came around and we got nothing. If anything was to get revealed I would hope it would be someone not on the leaked roster. My hype would skyrocket.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Vat does it say, I can't open it.
I'm not watching the nico broadcast, gonna wait for English trailers

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Knew it. Hope you guys don't shower me with hate, but at this point I doubt all leaks that have Ridley in it. It just...doesn't seem likely to me. Sorry.
Just the ones with Ridley in them? Then yes, you're deserving of our hate. Don't trust any leaks, no matter who is or is not present or how closely it matches with your personal roster. If it doesn't come from Sakurai or Nintendo through the official channels, it should not be taken at face value. :glare:

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Still, as far as the guy who made it confirming it's fake goes... Wait, how do we know it's the same guy? The status of this leak as far as realness goes is just confusing... I guess it won't take very long to figure out the truth any ways...

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I just thought of something, maybe they will finish the paltutena trailer after dark pit by making it a villain trailer adding ridley and mewtwo for the final trailer. To me, that trailer did not feel finished.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Im pretty sure my college just accidentally confirmed Ridley as a present to us by Sept 18th

Screenshot_2014-09-08-17-24-36.png

Lanog20

Smash Apprentice
I just thought of something, maybe they will finish the paltutena trailer after dark pit by making it a villain trailer adding ridley and mewtwo for the final trailer. To me, that trailer did not feel finished.
Sakurai using a Kid Icarus rep trailer and turning it into what would be the most hype trailer.
No shocker there :^)

PeterJude

Smash Ace
I find it hard to believe that Ridley is playable without more characters being added as well (mainly because they'd have to completely reorder the roster when Ridley is added, or add new characters to fill it in). That Pastiebin is crazy, though... did anyone create an account and try to edit the date that way? I tested it myself and sure enough, creating a new version tells you there is an old version.
The roster got reordered in both Melee and Brawl (drastically so in Brawl), so I don't see how that's an issue in the slightest.

I still think that Ridley, Impa, Mewtwo and Chorus Kids are likely, and still don't rule out Snake. They would fit together with the clones being put with their series quite well actually:

Mario Luigi Peach Bowser Yoshi Rosalina Bowser Jr Wario Dr Mario
Mr G&W DK Diddy Link Zelda Sheik Ganon Y Link Impa
Samus Zamus Ridley Pit Palutena D Pit Kirby Dedede M Knight
Marth Ike Robin Lucina L Mac Fox Falco DuckHunt Rob
Pikachu Charizard Lucario Jigglypuff Greninja Mewtwo Ness C Falcon Villager
Pikman WTF Marshall Shulk Pac Man Mega Man Sonic Snake ???

That said I think the CSS is put together to fit the roster, not the roster to the CSS.

Last edited:

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman

PlTe

Smash Journeyman

I wanted to leave this here for you guys. ^^ Sorry if I'm late, but I just found it today...
Enjoy! <3
This is one of the stupidest arguments going for Ridley. Apparently bosses can't grab characters? We don't even know what Bossley does yet.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Hi there, I'm Ridley Feeling it. worst than shokio? lmao nope.
Umm...that you? Yeah, I'm sure you know we have a bone to pick with you after that faithful video that caught everyone's hearts. But eh, alot has come up since then, and I'm sure things have changed, right?

...Jeez, I'm not good with socializing with detractors, aren't I? Another reason why I want Ridley; just so we can all finally get along. ._.'

Last edited:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
You obviously didn't watch the whole video.
Good job, detractor.
I did. He said he held Pikachu but did nothing. But I see how that proves him real.

I'm not a detractor, it's just that it gets really annoying when people grasp for straws.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Guys, a secret informer called "Mr. R" told me tomorrow's picture of the day deconfirms Ridley, so be prepared.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The roster got reordered in both Melee and Brawl (drastically so in Brawl), so I don't see how that's an issue in the slightest.

I still think that Ridley, Impa, Mewtwo and Chorus Kids are likely, and still don't rule out Snake. They would fit together with the clones being put with their series quite well actually:

Mario Luigi Peach Bowser Yoshi Rosalina Bowser Jr Wario Dr Mario
Mr G&W DK Diddy Link Zelda Sheik Ganon Y Link Impa
Samus Zamus Ridley Pit Palutena D Pit Kirby Dedede M Knight
Marth Ike Robin Lucina L Mac Fox Falco DuckHunt Rob
Pikachu Charizard Lucario Jigglypuff Greninja Mewtwo Ness C Falcon Villager
Pikman WTF Marshall Shulk Pac Man Mega Man Sonic Snake ???
Brawl didn't reorder the characters at all, though. It just inserted characters and slid them over until they all lined up next to each other, I checked (the reason the franchises were more messed up in Brawl is because they were by column, not by row like every other game). So far, that appears to be the same case here. Now, I'm perfectly open for them completely reorganizing, in fact, that's really the only way Ridley will work anyway because at the very least Pokemon needs to move for any characters before them to appear. However, based on the roster, I think the franchises will MOSTLY stay in the exact same order. Some might move around, but not drastically.

I'm confused. So this was confirmed fake? http://pastebin.com/ZWLNfpPH

Even being allegedly unedited?
Supposedly someone in the leak thread confirmed it fake. I can't find any evidence for the contrary. All we need is evidence that Pastiebin can be edited without saying there's an old version, or the ability to change the date, and we know for a fact its fake. If we can't find any evidence to the contrary, I'm inclined to believe its real. As for how we missed it, how many posts are on Pastiebin? And you need an exact url to reach such a page, correct? Doesn't surprise me at all anyone would miss that.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I'm confused. So this was confirmed fake? http://pastebin.com/ZWLNfpPH

Even being allegedly unedited?
Imo, we can't say this is real or fake because:
1. This is a post from 2013 and for all we know the creator could be long gone.
2. He could've just put Ridley there to mess with people who seen it
3. Everybody he named besides Ridley has been confirmed or leaked
4. It doesn't say edited anywhere.
Then again.... Mewtwo, Chorus Kids, and Dixie isn't on it so it must be fake (Not serious about this part btw).

Guys, a secret informer called "Mr. R" told me tomorrow's picture of the day deconfirms Ridley, so be prepared.
It deconfirms Ridley but confirms Ghetsis, right? :p

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
So has anyone solidly proven that the paste bin leak was false, because if it isn't, then I have to spread the word soon. Anything that boost Ridley's chances from 100% to 200%!

Last edited:
Top Bottom