• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Welp, it's all ogre for Shrek then...

But what does this have to do with Ridley's chances?
Realistically? Nothing. The guy was probably just trying to get him to hang up, lol. Besides, you can't boost Ridley's chances more than 100%, where they already are

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
There's one thing I never quite understood about Captain N aside from everything else.

So you have Mother Brain as the main villain of the series... and you don't have Ridley and Kraid working as the typical duo of incompetent henchmen that do her biddings, one being smart but clumsy (Ridley) and the other being stupid but lovable (Kraid), and have them constantly trying to take down the main heroes in almost every episode but always fail spectacularly, ending the episode with the villain beating them up as punishment?

I never understood why they wasted the chance of doing that.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I gotta take what I can get, it's not every day someone here calls me swee-

;(

The dream is dead

carry on
Well, that escalated quickly. :(

Welp, it's all ogre for Shrek then...

But what does this have to do with Ridley's chances?
If he does know the full roster and denied Dr.Mario and DHD of being in the game (despite the leak saying otherwise), then he must be lying about Ridley not being on the roster.

Ridley confirmed! :troll:

Last edited:

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Oh, man.. Ridley is so in this Friday. Just watch that stream.. I'M NOT CRAZY!! YOU'LL ALL SEE!

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
Like what some members stated already. I seriously wouldn't expect a Ridley reveal this Friday. Especially with Bowser Jr. and DHD in the way. If the Metroid/Pyrosphere anniversary is over, why reveal Ridley at a random Treehouse Live? Unless a true unexpected plan is the goal, hey. Prove me wrong.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Like what some members stated already. I seriously wouldn't expect a Ridley reveal this Friday. Especially with Bowser Jr. and DHD in the way. If the Metroid/Pyrosphere anniversary is over, why reveal Ridley at a random Treehouse Live? Unless a true unexpected plan is the goal, hey. Prove me wrong.
Although I doubt we'd get Ridley, Bowser Jr. and DHD aren't all that hypeworthy compared to other potential characters they could show. I honestly don't think they'll be shown off just yet (they will eventually, obviously).

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman
I really like the idea of Ridley having a flight meter that allows to perform stuff like grabs and smash attacks in the air.

It would make him a pretty technical character.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Is the treehouse going to be showing the unlockable characters? It seems like they might still keep them under wraps. Then again, Rosalina was revealed before 3D World came out, so maybe their policy is to reveal unlocks these days.

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
I really do believe in the trophy theory. Two of the trophies have already been proven right. And I'll be damned if Zelda doesn't get a new rep, since the last time they got anything new was in Melee [Toon Link doesn't count, he IS literally A young link] SO I'm expecting Impa [possibly as a Sheik semi-clone] and Ridley as playable characters [based off of the trophy quiz].
Im not feeling that argument.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
"But first, we'll be covering some upcoming games for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS." So a Mini Direct before the Smash gameplay. If they want to reveal something, this is the perfect chance. I'm hopeful for Ridley, but expecting nothing honestly.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
As a wise and brave mercenary once said, "Stay frosting."

I'd say we'll have a fair idea of what to expect before the end of the week. Still, any new gameplay footage is good gameplay footage~

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Is the treehouse going to be showing the unlockable characters? It seems like they might still keep them under wraps. Then again, Rosalina was revealed before 3D World came out, so maybe their policy is to reveal unlocks these days.
I can understand the likes of DHD or Bowser Jr not being revealed in advance, but Ridley, specially to a Western audience would generate loads of hype and even just discussion if revealed, I don't know why Nintendo wouldn't play their Ridley card if they have one.

I still want a valid reason why people think the biggest 1st party character won't be revealed in advance, people keep bringing it up and don't say why apart from Nintendo want it to be a secret, if they wanted Ridley to be a secret they wouldn't have teased him. Sorry for going off on a tangent I just need a valid reason why people keep bringing this up. Not trying to come across as aggressive, everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but people normally at least have a reason for them.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Duck Hunt is totally not being announced before the release. Bowser Jr is a possibility, though.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
There's one thing I never quite understood about Captain N aside from everything else.

So you have Mother Brain as the main villain of the series... and you don't have Ridley and Kraid working as the typical duo of incompetent henchmen that do her biddings, one being smart but clumsy (Ridley) and the other being stupid but lovable (Kraid), and have them constantly trying to take down the main heroes in almost every episode but always fail spectacularly, ending the episode with the villain beating them up as punishment?

I never understood why they wasted the chance of doing that.
So I found this, it's appearently Ridley in Captain N.

And this is Kraid:

Feel free to scream in terror.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Duck Hunt is totally not being announced before the release. Bowser Jr is a possibility, though.
Agreed. Duck Hunt is our Mr. Game & Watch/R.O.B.
When was it said there would be a character reveal?

I remember the NicoNico thing saying there was a new character, but I believe that was a mistranslation, and the NoA Treehouse stream said no such thing at all.

Thor_Hammerschlag

Smash Cadet
I still want a valid reason why people think the biggest 1st party character won't be revealed in advance, people keep bringing it up and don't say why apart from Nintendo want it to be a secret, if they wanted Ridley to be a secret they wouldn't have teased him. Sorry for going off on a tangent I just need a valid reason why people keep bringing this up. Not trying to come across as aggressive, everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but people normally at least have a reason for them.
Yea exactly my thoughts.
Theres probably something like "he will be revealed afterwards, because for that reason i am not disappointed on friday, if he will not be revealed there" in their heads.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, putting characters in Smash Brothers does help the developments of certain franchise. I still remember that Ridley from other m has a vaguely similar move in ssb brawl adventure mode. Imagine how a playable Ridley would have help on the growth of metroid in general.
That's actually an interesting point to think about. We have some idea of how Samus's playability in Smash since the first one on the 64 helped contribute to Metroid's growth over time, and later possibly influenced certain gameplay mechanics in later titles like the melee attacks in Other M. What would playable Ridley do in contributing to Metroid series' growth in the future though? Like how do you think it would change the style of Ridley's boss fights in future games, or his overall presence in them? I would laugh if it made Ridley a little smaller in future Metroids (to stay consistent with his size as a playable from Smash I guess) and the people who thought his previous size was what made him intimidating like Kraid would act like he's "forever ruined".

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
We're getting Ridley from Nico Nico, but don't watch the broadcast, wait for the english version of the trailer to come to the official website. You can get a better time out of the splash that way.

Let's not post unless we absolutely need to, I love this thread too much for it to go down before release
ONLY POST IMPORTANT STUFFS PLEASE

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Agreed. Duck Hunt is our Mr. Game & Watch/R.O.B.
When was it said there would be a character reveal?

I remember the NicoNico thing saying there was a new character, but I believe that was a mistranslation, and the NoA Treehouse stream said no such thing at all.
It wasn't, people are speculating because it is well, the last week before the release. The NicoNico stream + the Treehouse thingy could mean a character reveal, but I am not getting my hopes up.

Yetiplays

Smash Cadet
I can Say In Full confidence that If we Get The Hype 3, We'll Get them in A Huge Trailer, and Friday Fits the Bill Pretty Well...

Top Bottom