• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
Well both Ultra and Shokio have been here at some point and have been respectul, they also have both said that they don't really care if Ridley makes it as a playable character in the past.

I still dislike their youtube persona tough =3

Well, as long as they're nice people outside of their youtube videos.

I'm going to take advantage of the orifices in your face and store my knife-collection in it.
Kinky.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Could you PM me when Ridley has been (de)confirmed? I'm going to try and not get myself spoiled, but I still want to know about Ridley.
I'll try to remember but between crashboards and me being overhyped because I'm playing the game, I can't promise anything xD

Sure, but, lets be honest, we will know either mewtwo or ridley has been confirmed/disconfirmed the second smashboards becomes crashboards for ages and we try to open it soo... X)
I think this will happen when the details start spilling anyways xD

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
10 minutes and no one have done the Judge Ridley joke ?

Somehow that Ridley also is a clone at the same time.
Also, so THAT is how he is supposed to look! It's....I'd love to see a more modern interpretation of it. It'd be as if Cthulhu, an Alien and a Dragon somehow got a child through some unholy mating ritual.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'll try to remember but between crashboards and me being overhyped because I'm playing the game, I can't promise anything xD

I think this will happen when the details start spilling anyways xD
[collapse=Off-topic]Thanks for the link to the thread. Quick question, when did you say you'll get your copy of Smash again? On the Japanese release?[/collapse]

As for the NoA announcement, let's hope more info comes out about what's all going to be revealed so we know what's going to be the focus of the stream so we know if it's important to us or not.

Edit:

Apparently more info just came, lol. If by "New Information" they do mean unannounced information, then we can hope for something to get revealed. (It being Ridley. :p)

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Indeed. Every single time any Smash related event is uttered... it is a sign that Sakurai is leading us Ridley fans on. We should totally expect Ridley.
Even when he isn't shown, you can just...feel it. He's backstage, eagerly waiting for his time to stand in the spotlights and make the crowd roar in delight.

But yeah, don't expect anything to happen guys. It's very, very unlikely.

Dragalon

Smash Cadet
alright, I've been avoiding posting to help in some small way to prevent this page from piercing the heavens and reaching 2000
I guess the friday stream is the last time i'll be on here until the us release, at least one character is going to be a surprise dammit!
I've never been so absolutely sure about something, but at the same time incredibly nervous
I belive he's playable, but the one part of me(funny enough i refer to that little doubt in my head as an evil space pirate) keeps saying that its too good to be true, then again I said the same for shulk
I guess I'm just saying keep your heads high, keep trust in our cunning god of death

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
[collapse=Off-topic]Thanks for the link to the thread. Quick question, when did you say you'll get your copy of Smash again? On the Japanese release?[/collapse]

As for the NoA announcement, let's hope more info comes out about what's all going to be revealed so we know what's going to be the focus of the stream so we know if it's important to us or not.

Edit:

Apparently more info just came, lol. If by "New Information" they do mean unannounced information, then we can hope for something to get revealed. (It being Ridley. :p)
Yep, 11am on Friday EST is when I should be able to start downloading the game. Check out all the streams that are going to be going up. I'll be appearing on zipzo's at some point, as well as filling in detailed smash info for everyone ^.^

And believe you me, if the street date isn't broken and there are still secrets, I'm going to be beating every game mode with Samus and ZSS first to try and unlock... something xD

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Yep, 11am on Friday EST is when I should be able to start downloading the game. Check out all the streams that are going to be going up. I'll be appearing on zipzo's at some point, as well as filling in detailed smash info for everyone ^.^

And believe you me, if the street date isn't broken and there are still secrets, I'm going to be beating every game mode with Samus and ZSS first to try and unlock... something xD
Well, at least there is this achievement...I can't recall what it's called, thing thing. Challenges I think. You can see the requirements, and I'd not be surprised if there are character unlocks in it.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
What was that ? I mean, I regnonise the Art of Ridley NES, but what was that ?
I's from Captain N.

I can only imagine what kind of nightmare you would unleash if you were to unlock Norfair, provding a home stage for Ridley on the 3DS x)

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
That might require me to be able to read Japanese, though :3
I guess you could ask Zipzo or someone else for the translations. Doesn't matter, as long as Ridley happens!

I can only imagine what kind of nightmare you would unleash if you were to unlock Norfair, provding a home stage for Ridley on the 3DS x)
Lava?
Lots of lava?
I'm clueless.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Ridley appears before the start of random matches on metroid stages and spews forth cryptic hints on how to find and fight him like reptile from mortal kombat 1.

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...do_3ds_broadcast_confirmed_for_12th_september

Idk if Nintendo Life is directly run by people from Nintendo or just a big fan site, but they are under the impression that both a new character and game mode are going to revealed.
I know others are/were hoping for a character reveal and weren't sure (much like this site and people on this very thread) just wasn't sure if it helped a chance for Ridley to get revealed or not.

On that note after a lot of consideration I think a cobalt blue Ridley with gold eyes would be fantastic and a must have pallet swap.

Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
It is the day before the release. I am not expecting a reveal, but if they want to announce a character before the release, it will be on Friday.

Btw did Sakurai acknowledge the Japanese Nintendo Direct? Did he tell people to watch it or something?

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
Guys, this is our final week of spectulation. I just wanted to say that it has been a massive honor to be part of this glorious thread. You guys have really made me laugh and smile. I want to thank you people for the great times I had here.

Personally, I think Ridley has a massive chance of getting in the game as a playable character (no pun intended). It has been recently showed that Ridley was grabbing Pikachu in the Pyrosphere for a long time without letting go, the shadow's size, when proportionized (right word?), is character-sized, and the teasing of Ridley for over a year makes me think he is definitely playable. The Pyrosphere would serve as an excellent home stage to Ridley (assuming "home stage" are the right words), at least in my opinion.

As for the Other M Ridley vs. Brawl Ridley, I really don't care. While I was here, the Other M design for Ridley really grew on me, and I really don't like one more than the other. Personally, I think a fusion (Fusion? I didn't mean to make that reference.) of the two would be a great design for Ridley.

I think Ridley would have a flight feature that works similar to Little Mac's KO Meter. When Ridley is standing on the ground, his meter would build up. When Ridley ends his jumps, he would hover in any direction, similar to Mewtwo's float in Project M, at least for a short time. As for Ridley's size, I think his body size would be just above Ganondorf's height, and his wings would make his total height slightly above Bowser's height. As for his tail, it would be pointing up, similar to Charizard's tail. I think he would make a great character in Smash. Hopefully he made the final cut.

Long live Ridley.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
As for the Other M Ridley vs. Brawl Ridley, I really don't care. While I was here, the Other M design for Ridley really grew on me, and I really don't like one more than the other. Personally, I think a fusion (Fusion? I didn't mean to make that reference.) of the two would be a great design for Ridley.
It's funny you make that pun, as the Fusion/Zero Mission designs of Ridley translate to Smash the best.

D

Deleted member

NoA is streaming? And its the day before Japanese release? The last day before everything is definitely spoiled in Japan? American exclusive, like the Japanese exclusive Direct, the one with Shulk, a popular newcomer choice in Japan? HMMMMMMMMMM...

Top Bottom