• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
It's funny you make that pun, as the Fusion/Zero Mission designs of Ridley translate to Smash the best.
I disagree. While I do prefer the Zero mission Ridley, Roidley is the easiest to translate as a playable character as his thicker design lends itself to being downscaled better. Wouldn't mind they do, but Roidley would be the easiest bet.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Other M Ridley looks completely ridiculous from a design and proportion perspective. You can say all you want about feasibility, but if Ridley is in, I doubt Sakurai would go through all the effort only to put the Other M version in the game.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I disagree. While I do prefer the Zero mission Ridley, Roidley is the easiest to translate as a playable character as his thicker design lends itself to being downscaled better. Wouldn't mind they do, but Roidley would be the easiest bet.
But Roidley has a small head, which is Ridley's most defining feature.
In general, he lacks what makes Ridley iconic, so he would be a bad choice if they just pulled that design.

Here we go again:
WiiU_SuperSmashBros_Stage11_Screen_01.jpg

See, that is the sprite for Zero mission Ridley downscaled, to almost a perfect size.

?????????????

Smash Master
Other M Ridley looks completely ridiculous from a design and proportion perspective. You can say all you want about feasibility, but if Ridley is in, I doubt Sakurai would go through all the effort only to put the Other M version in the game.
Why not? There's an Other M stage and an Other M-influenced Samus design.

Maybe it'll be a tweaked Other M-influenced design for Ridley.

D

Deleted member

I bet he would, whether you like the design or not, Sakurai would probably put in other m Ridley due to him being the most recent design.(Though I think a new design is also likely.)

Last edited by a moderator:

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
If the full roster hasn't leaked by Thursday night, I'll be avoiding the internet until the Nintendo stream starts.

Japan gets the game Friday morning (I'm pretty sure around 11 am?), so there's a decent chance everything would be spoiled a few hours before any potential trailer.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Some lazy hype lyrics I came up with for Ridley.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L0pW3Eol6k (link for anyone that isn't familiar with the beat of CF's theme from GX)

"In this game you've got to be small.
You've got to fight to try and fit on the screen.
And you might feel like there is no chance that he'll show up in this game.
But it's a fight that keeps lord Ridley in our minds.
Even he can feel the pressure...
When I think of him I ..see no room... FOR COMPLAINTS.

Forever size will be no factor. (And I believe Ridley knows the way)
To drop 500 pounds toniiiight.
And now the game's release looms nearer. (And I know he's got a good chance)
And not just only for tonniiiiiight.

I've got faith.
I will wait for him.
I've got faiiitthh till the end.

Even I can see the roster....
When I think of it I see no space.... FOR DISGRACE.

Forever Sakurai will tease us. (And I believe he knows that we know)
That Ridley will be shown toniiighttt.
And now the game's release looms nearer. (And I know he's taking 5 slots)
And not just only 'cause he's biiiiig.

Forever he will be my hero.
And now that I'm not just a dreamer. - - - -X4"

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
The Treehouse does seem to have a ton more potential for a Ridley reveal than the Japanese one, so unless we get him shown from Tuesday till the last PoTD of the week, I'm pretty much betting we'll get a reveal at the Treehouse or no playable Ridley at all.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
In general, he lacks what makes Ridley iconic, so he would be a bad choice if they just pulled that design.

Here we go again:
View attachment 24440
See, that is the sprite for Zero mission Ridley downscaled, to almost a perfect size.
See, that's just you point out why Zero Mission looks better. Dude, I agree with you on that, I ain't arguing that. What I am saying is the imposing nature of Ridley would be more easily maintain with Other m's design when downscaled.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Whoops I forgot the comma. It's you are, sweet! I don't mean you are sweet. Nevermind XD

How are you able to download the game though since you're running on American servers right?
It's ok, you can call me sweet :3

I imported a Japanese 3DS, which will only connect to the Japanese Eshop. It also accepts America credit cards, so I'm pretty set.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I wouldn't put too much stock in this being Ridley's reveal. It doesn't seem like they would reveal another newcomer at this rate, at least from my perspective.

I think Nintendo's trying to keep Ridley a secret so that the players can discover him by surprise.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I feel like if There is any, ANY place that they should reveal Ridley, it's on Friday. It is the perfect time, and I bet his reveal will lift the embargo.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
It's ok, you can call me sweet :3

I imported a Japanese 3DS, which will only connect to the Japanese Eshop. It also accepts America credit cards, so I'm pretty set.
U won't get a piece of me.

That's awesome. Why I'm not that clever. So friday we will know if Ridley's in. Unless he is the last character like g&w in melee or wolf in Brawl..

Last edited:

Ridley FR

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't put too much stock in this being Ridley's reveal. It doesn't seem like they would reveal another newcomer at this rate, at least from my perspective.

I think Nintendo's trying to keep Ridley a secret so that the players can discover him by surprise.
You right about i think this friday, we will don't see Ridley (or its will be the LAST)

But i think Ridley deserve the best between all the trailers, to create the HYPE

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
So are we expecting an announcement at the treehouse even on Friday I haven't read the last coue pages

Weeman

Smash Crusader
5 days left people, I have a Ridley themed pentagram with candles everywhere waiting for something to happen.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

Here we go again:
View attachment 24440
I think that the thing that makes Ridley iconic is that he is an alien dragon thing.

Found another nice compilation image on 4chan you guys may enjoy.
It's made by one of us. Can't recall who.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
Other M Ridley or a Other M Ridley hybrid is really the only translate solution to Smash. Anyone that states other current Ridley designs are sadly wishful thinking.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
I really do believe in the trophy theory. Two of the trophies have already been proven right. And I'll be damned if Zelda doesn't get a new rep, since the last time they got anything new was in Melee [Toon Link doesn't count, he IS literally A young link] SO I'm expecting Impa [possibly as a Sheik semi-clone] and Ridley as playable characters [based off of the trophy quiz].

Last edited:

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
Ridley - he is superiour in every way (attack, defense, mobility, etc). His skin doesn't allows PLASMA BEAM to go through it (it still damages him, but doesn't just goes through him and when he makes his skin harder, it reflects it) and he can survive getting fully charged plasma beam shot into his throat, his tail is nearly invincible and he can fly fast enough to reach Tallon IV in few minutes. His attacks also deal high damage to Samus and in Other M, nearly every attack takes away at least 1 energy tank. And we all know how resistant Samus' suit is. He is also intelligent.
You seem to be referencing feats from Meta-Ridley (him flying from deep space into Tallon IV, getting a Charge Beam to the throat, ETC), which I'm pretty sure would be excluded, or ignored if regular Ridley was pitted against Charizard on account of his cyborg body being very different, and much more powerful for that matter, than regular Ridley. Though even considering all that normal Ridley could take Charizard with little effort.

Top Bottom