• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I don't see how can you take a comment that says "Yep, sure. Looks reasonably legitimate." seriously.
Let's take this to a pm, don't want infractions

I think that We're getting 5 more trolls this week

Weeman

Smash Crusader

Oh not looking to start anything, sorry.
Anyway we'll probably know his fate in three days anyway, since a lot of people are getting early copies.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503

I think you're undershooting it. I'm going to be adding to my Ignore list five times daily this week. :glare:

The news we've been waiting so anxiously for will drop within the week. We just need to keep calm, and wait until it comes before we all flip out.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
For the record my Banado Hammer neither recognizes sarcasm/context, nor deals out less damage because of them.

I'm thinking Thursday will be the latest time for any leaks/info dumps to begin. However it could be days after until we hear of the full roster unlock being achieved. So save for Ridley being absurdly easy to unlock, I wouldn't get my hopes up for any immediate news.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
For the record my Banado Hammer neither recognizes sarcasm/context, nor deals out less damage because of them.

I'm thinking Thursday will be the latest time for any leaks/info dumps to begin. However it could be days after until we hear of the full roster unlock being achieved. So save for Ridley being absurdly easy to unlock, I wouldn't get my hopes up for any immediate news.
Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but does anyone know if it's a handicapped version of the final build been used for the demo? Because if the playable demos get enough racked up multiplayer time then it could start unlocking hidden characters if that's the case (amusing it works like the previous instalments). Unless they've disabled that or they reset the game/progress so it doesn't trigger.

If that is the case we may get it even sooner, we're starting to learn about alt costumes like Alph for Olimar.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Ridley deserves a trailer
Of course he does, and if he is in then he will probably get one. However, do keep in mind that these trailers not only serve the purpose of revealing the characters, but also to as promos of the game. So we could get his trailer even after the japanese release.

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Of course he does, and if he is in then he will probably get one. However, do keep in mind that these trailers not only serve the purpose of revealing the characters, but also to as promos of the game. So we could get his trailer even after the japanese release.
Yeah, I'm personally under the impression that we'll get more character trailers after the 3DS ver. comes out

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
image.jpg

Ridley has been confirmed this whole time! :laugh:
But seriously though, I hope Ridley gets revealed the week Smash 3DS comes in Japan, kinda doubt it though..

Aside from Ridley Sakurai discussion, don't you guys think that AKB48 vs ssb commerical is quite fishy? See? 48 members vs 48 smash characters....... And we got 43 characters so far that include Bowser Jr, Dr Mario, Dark PIt, duck hound, ganondoref, ness

kisamehoshi34

Smash Apprentice
where you guys know we gonna get a newcomer

and btw I don't think they can unlock character during the new demo build during the japan event

Zynux

Smash Lord
Ridley's Shadow is dark. Thus Shadow Ridley = Dark Ridley

Therefore, Dark Ridley is confirmed since Sakurai likes Dark characters (evidence: Dark Pit)

Also, I'm not trying to mini-mod (but I'm actually trying to mini-mod) but you guys seems to be getting a bit carried away with leak talk, gifs and videos. I'd cut it back a bit imo.

So, what's the general consensus on that video of the Dark Emperor? Does that significantly harm Ridleys chances?
General Consensus:

If Ridley is going to be the Boss on the Pyrosphere, then he will probably be a terrible boss. As we all speculated.

And him being only a Wii U exclusive is horrible :urg:

There's no way Sakurai would let Ridley just be casually leaked by people who have the Japanese version next weekend.
Do you guys expect a reveal trailer this week?
Honestly, in regards to Ridley? I don't expect anything anymore. Trying to predict anything is unwise. I have no idea what Sakurai is doing with Ridley and it can go either way.

Of course, I'm preparing myself for the worst though.

Last edited:

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
Aren't there going to be player guides with all character information like Prima or something when the game comessage out? Or is that not a Japanese thing? Because wouldn't that reveal everything the say it's released?
That second gif in your sig has me rolling :joyful:
Hahaha thanks. It's a little choppy because I made it myself :nifty:

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Aside from Ridley Sakurai discussion, don't you guys think that AKB48 vs ssb commerical is quite fishy? See? 48 members vs 48 smash characters....... And we got 43 characters so far that include Bowser Jr, Dr Mario, Dark PIt, duck hound, ganondoref, ness
So INCLUDING the leaked veterans and newcomers, we're at 43 characters in total now?

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
i wish to ask who this thomas is... is that a person who is involved in something?? or is he some random dude who doesnt know ****
He knows something, because he just told you that he read the second post.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i wish to ask who this thomas is... is that a person who is involved in something?? or is he some random dude who doesnt know ****
His taking about that gamefaqs leak.I recommened we don't look to much into but if it's real :)

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
You know every time I visit this thread, I have this song playing:

I think that might end up being my "Ridley is confirmed" song, or it's gonna be this one:

BTW, has SuperSmashLeaks left? He was starting to piss me off with his trolling.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Well, there's actually 139 members in total, and considering these are all just miis, you can theoretically have all of them. I'm confident the AKB48 has little to do with the roster size.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Officially confirmed characters: 38 total.
ESRB leak: 49 total.
Probably Final Five: 54 total.

This is a beefy rooster, to be sure.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Officially confirmed characters: 38 total.
ESRB leak: 49 total.
Probably Final Five: 54 total.

This is a beefy rooster, to be sure.
Better than a salad for a roster. Falcon needs his protein. Emiley or Roidley just tries to imitate him.

Meandpikachu

Smash Journeyman
You know every time I visit this thread, I have this song playing:

I think that might end up being my "Ridley is confirmed" song, or it's gonna be this one:

BTW, has SuperSmashLeaks left? He was starting to piss me off with his trolling.
Ridley is awesome!!!! Anthony Higgs suck!

SmashWarrior202

Smash Cadet
NNID
Smashmatt202
3DS FC
1633-4497-7356
I'm almost certain this video was brought up before, since this thread is VERY thorough when it comes to new things involving Ridley. I am also certain that what this guy talks about has been discussed already, despite claiming it hasn't been discussed before, since again, you guys are so thorough.

But, on the off chance that someone hasn't posted this (I'd look through to check but this thread is so massive it would take me several hours to make sure it wasn't mentioned in passing), I'm going to leave it here, if only just for ****z and giggles:

Now, I've heard the "Ridley grabs Pikachu" thing, but I always assumed he did so after he starts to fly off-screen. Instead, he does it while still on-screen, which I never realized. It sounds like this guy's thoroughly convinced, and I certainly am convinced, but I know enough people are willing to dismiss it or play the Devil's advocate on this to dampen and potential hype this might have... especially considering this was released several MONTHS after the initial Nintendo Direct.

Top Bottom