• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
I'm almost certain this video was brought up before, since this thread is VERY thorough when it comes to new things involving Ridley. I am also certain that what this guy talks about has been discussed already, despite claiming it hasn't been discussed before, since again, you guys are so thorough.

But, on the off chance that someone hasn't posted this (I'd look through to check but this thread is so massive it would take me several hours to make sure it wasn't mentioned in passing), I'm going to leave it here, if only just for ****z and giggles:

Now, I've heard the "Ridley grabs Pikachu" thing, but I always assumed he did so after he starts to fly off-screen. Instead, he does it while still on-screen, which I never realized. It sounds like this guy's thoroughly convinced, and I certainly am convinced, but I know enough people are willing to dismiss it or play the Devil's advocate on this to dampen and potential hype this might have... especially considering this was released several MONTHS after the initial Nintendo Direct.
Apparently the "Pikachu" is Ridley's legs and tail being distorted due to the ground the shadow lands on. It can't be 100% proven I guess, but these guys are the experts.

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Ridley is awesome!!!! Anthony Higgs suck!
I actually don't mind Anthony, he's one of the better things from Other M. While I'm sure we are getting Ridley as the new Metroid rep, I wouldn't mind if we got Anthony too, but then again that's out of the question now, he'll probably be an assist Trophy. Maybe in the next game we'll get him as well to join Samus and Ridley, but until now I'll be fine with just Ridley as the new one.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
For real though guys, we really should try to cut down on off-topic posts. We've still got another six days before the game's released. At this rate, the thread'll overload long before then. Especially since posts will likely pick up as we get closer to release.

@SmashWarrior202 That's been posted before and discussed at length. The general consensus is divided between "yup, he grabs Pikachu" and "it's not Pikachu at all, that's obvoiusly Ridley's feet and tail" (which is likely the real one).

If it's Pikachu, cool. +1 for playable evidence. If not, then oh well. I'm still hoping that he might be carrying the baby Metroid for some reason though I'm doubtful now

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
this couldn't get any faker even if it tried
Just add Goku and a photoshop of Brawl Ridley's render colored blue and it is now faker.

EDIT: The day anthony is one of the better things in Other M is the day that bluescreens are the better part of writing on a computer.

Last edited:

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
With the 3ds version about to be released and only one week left before release...it seems that Ridley did manage to survive 1 year without being deconfirmed, I'll take that as a good hint

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Now seems to be the best time to self advertise.

I don't do it too often, but trust me, when I do it, it's like it never happened. None of you will remember the events that took place today.

Enjoy!

ESRB0083lastleak

Banned via Warnings
Guys, I'm a friend of the ESRB guy you all know (the one that gave you previously the leaked screens about the character roster with Duck hunt dog, Dark pit, Dr. Mario, etc.). For obvious reasons he won't do it himself (he already got in trouble for leaking all that stuff in the end…), so he sent me this picture for you all, I hope you enjoy it. This is the last one you will get, so don't ask about anything more please. Peace.

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
I actually don't mind Anthony, he's one of the better things from Other M. While I'm sure we are getting Ridley as the new Metroid rep, I wouldn't mind if we got Anthony too, but then again that's out of the question now, he'll probably be an assist Trophy. Maybe in the next game we'll get him as well to join Samus and Ridley, but until now I'll be fine with just Ridley as the new one.
Anthony can eat male equine anatomy, we're getting Ridley, then we're getting Sylux and/or Dark Samus, and that'll be the end of playable candidates from Metroid. :glare:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Guys, I'm a friend of the ESRB guy you all know (the one that gave you previously the leaked screens about the character roster with Duck hunt dog, Dark pit, Dr. Mario, etc.). For obvious reasons he won't do it himself (he already got in trouble for leaking all that stuff in the end…), so he sent me this picture for you all, I hope you enjoy it. This is the last one you will get, so don't ask about anything more please. Peace.
Holy ****.

Is this real? Space Pirates?! Confirm please?

AlexTLW

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexTLW
3DS FC
0688-5455-7010
do my eyes deceive me... is this IT?! ummmm it looks beautiful and I don't recall seeing Ridley like that on the internet. like... EVER

my only skepticism is that smash boards is not crashing at the moment.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
That Ridley looks ****ing awesome even if it's fake holy ****. Hype increase x2738272909.

Someone confirm please???

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
This looks off for multiple reasons. I ain't buying it.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
Calling fake for now.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Well....****.......I don't even know anymore.... im hype but i feel like i'm gonna get stabbed from behind if i believe too strong so soon :c

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, if legitimate then we shall see when the game comes out. For now, let's just keep this under wraps until more evidences supports this. Not sure what to say about the design, can someone check to see if it comes from another source?

Edit:

Also I advise people to not start false hype, doing so will grant this place perma-locked. So please, handle your comments with care and don't spam this thread with pointless hype until further proof of this pic.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, it looks good... But it doesn't really look like Smash.

I'm not buying it until I see something a little more concrete.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
A part of me is telling that this is an obvious fake, while another is saying that I've never seen this image of Ridley on the internet before, and it's one of the more convincing Ridley leaks I've seen.. I'm leaning towards this being fake, but who knows. Anyways, it won't matter, he'll either be confirmed before launch, or after through jp players leaks, so I'm not worried. :-)

Last edited:

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace

So.. what's this all about?

EDIT: The username is super fishy, not to mention the join date

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
alright space pirates. your mission is to find this Ridley render somewhere on the internet if you are unsuccessful. then your mission was successful.
I'm gonna start looking now, i really don't recall seeing that render anywhere

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Unsure of whether to say I'm hella hyped, or if to say it's fake. I'm leaning on 'fake', but it's extremely well made.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
The render is fake, guys.

1. It isn't Other M Ridley, who would be the playable version of the character
2 This -

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
alright space pirates. your mission is to find this Ridley render somewhere on the internet if you are unsuccessful. then your mission was successful.
Congrats on 100 posts.

Also, that is most definitely a 2D picture as opposed to a 3D render.

GreatRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neodragon22
3DS FC
3007-8564-4279
I think it's fake. It doesn't look like something made by the team. It looks a bit off with coloring and style.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Keep in mind, people CAN make fake images of characters *cough Ness, Palutena, Falco cough* so this still can (and most likely is) fake. But let's hope for the best, but I will doubt it anyway until vid proof or Sakurai confirms it himself.

Last edited:

Shaboba

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1760-9183-5135

2 This -
I saw this too, but look close - the shape of the eye, teeth and jaw are a bit different. It's a different image.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
This is one of the best renders of Ridley i ever saw, but it is fake and replaces Bowser (i think) from actual leak. Could someone show full render? I REALLY WANT TO SEE IT! Or full image if it is not a render. I REALLY want to believe it, but i won't until i will see more than 1 image like this one. It doesn't really looks like that statue/figure someone posted. Close, but not exactly same. Could be a hybrid model or something, i dunno. I think it is fake anyway. Still want to know source of the image used for that render. It also looks kinda empty compared to other CSS large images/renders. F**k it as a leak if it is fake, but there is GREAT image used. Please, someone, find original image! If someone made a model that is rigged, please, send it to me or something. I want to have THIS in my project right now!

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
tha

2 This -
that statue looks ugly as hell and nothing like the screenshot, altho the pose is very similar but hell it looks way different in many small details

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well, it looks good... But it doesn't really look like Smash.

I'm not buying it until I see something a little more concrete.
This - while it looks good, it doesn't look smash.

Also, that trailer post is fake too. They definitely won't reference Ridley's size in his splash text, lol.

Top Bottom