• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Didn't Ridley grab Pikerchew and then directly let him go afterwards?
that's what ppl seems to understand from the shadow, i understood that too, but who knows, maybe we all got it wrong, after all its a freaking confusing ugly creature's shadow moving. I think the pause it makes while moving is what makes my hopes go up most

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Didn't Ridley grab Pikerchew and then directly let him go afterwards?
No. His tail's shadow was on an uneven surface, so, it didn't looked straight. "Pikachu's body" is Ridley's feet.
If someone can show me Pikachu tail's shadow that is visible on a FLAT surface, then i will believe it. Otherwise, i won't.

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
The trailers so far have been reaally fun and cool. I think Newcomers like duck hunt would look amazing in the 3d quality those trailers show. Imagine something like Falco being confirmed to come back, trying to shoot ducks (he is a bird too, so its kinda funny) and he misses and the dog laughs, then a shadow appears over DHD and it turns to be ridley. Or ridley just appears after the gameplay part of DHD. Dunno, just an idea for a trailer lol

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
And then replace all the tress with the common detractor arguments
With the final rock being Sakurai's face because you cannot argue this man's thinking process
It was supposed to be a metaphor for this thread getting hyped over nothing
What day does the Japanese release on?
We're getting it before or on that day.
13th this month

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
The trailers so far have been reaally fun and cool. I think Newcomers like duck hunt would look amazing in the 3d quality those trailers show. Imagine something like Falco being confirmed to come back, trying to shoot ducks (he is a bird too, so its kinda funny) and he misses and the dog laughs, then a shadow appears over DHD and it turns to be ridley. Or ridley just appears after the gameplay part of DHD. Dunno, just an idea for a trailer lol

Or it could just be Sakurai saying "Ridley", and then the title card comes up

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
One more week. (until I find out if CF's Blood Falcon pallet is any good this time around, or not)

I wish I knew how long it took for people to find mewtwo in melee once it launched.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
With a Ridley plushie and his cat cosplaying Ridley. Everything in the trailer is also cosplaying Ridley while camera focuses only on Ridley.
With Alfonzo and Riki trying to fit into the picture which just ends with Ridley smacking them both out of the screen with a caption: "I'M THE ONLY RELEVANT MEME HERE!"

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Also imagine if ROB's alt costume is this.

*Ridley Operating Buddy*
HAHA OH MAN, I remember that. LOVED it when it was first made.

If we're going by the one supposed leak that says that Duck Hunt takes 1,000 VS matches to unlock, then Ridley could conceivably take a lot more. Even with one-stock insta-kill matches, it would take a few hours.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
With a Ridley plushie and his cat cosplaying Ridley. Everything in the trailer is also cosplaying Ridley while camera focuses only on Ridley.
Super Ridley 3D Land announced for NewDS (The power increase being the only way for the game to render him), with every item in the game having the Rinooki Tail.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace

If we're going by the one supposed leak that says that Duck Hunt takes 1,000 VS matches to unlock, then Ridley could conceivably take a lot more. Even with one-stock insta-kill matches, it would take a few hours.
Let's not kid ourselves here, if he's not the 1000 match rewards, he is not in. He wasn't even a part of the leak list which had duckhunt dog.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Then we need an insane japanese Melee player to play one-stock insta-kill matches until he will get message saying he unlocked everyone. I think there must be at least 1 such guy. Or just any loyal Ridley supporter who will get this game in Japan for whatever reasons.
Super Ridley 3D Land announced for NewDS (The power increase being the only way for the game to render him), with every item in the game having the Cat Suit.
Fixed. Either that or riot.

Last edited:

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
While cosplaying as Ridley.
I have been thinking about this, but I have only cosplayed once and as a human character so I dont know how to do it xDDD It would be funny going in a con with that and with an advertisement "I WAS NOT TOO BIG" once he is confirmed ;D

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I have been thinking about this, but I have only cosplayed once and as a human character so I dont know how to do it xDDD It would be funny going in a con with that and with an advertisement "I WAS NOT TOO BIG" once he is confirmed ;D
But first, you must go around somewhere with advertisement "Will work for free, not too big, plz Samurai" or something like that while someone records it. Then upload on Youtube.

Last edited:

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
I've lost faith in memebase... http://cheezburger.com/8255563008#comments
It doesn't bother me that everyone thinks he's deconfirmed. What bothers me is that they think he's too big is a viable argument. Ridley changes size just as much as Bowser, and the only time Bowser's this small is when he's playable. Can someone submit the shadow analysis on there if they have an account?

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't bother me that everyone thinks he's deconfirmed. What bothers me is that they think he's too big is a viable argument. Ridley changes size just as much as Bowser, and the only time Bowser's this small is when he's playable. Can someone submit the shadow analysis on there if they have an account?
Exactly, besides, look how good he looks in this size, it doesnt even seem problematic to me if he is resized like this in Smash 4. To be honest, he was WAAAY too big in brawl. That's where the ppl got the wrong idea about his real size hehe. And we shall not forget that in the first metroid ridley was almost the same size as samus. So yeah, size is not really an excuse or argument to use in his case :)

Last edited:

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
And if he is confirmed... The detractors will explode in rage.

SuperSmashLeak

Smash Rookie
1. Brawley
2. Roidley wings on Brawley.
3. Brawley tail even though the tail in the Direct was evidently Roidley's.
4. Wings in Direct and picture don't match up.
5. Ridley isn't blue.
1. Yes, that is the model
2. It is a classic model as well
3. "roidley" is going to be the boss
4. again different boss
5. correct. He is light purple

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Warning Received
What's wrong with ROB?
He's a TOY. Not even a video game character. He didn't even function all that well despite working for only like two games. I just feel there are many MANY characters who are more important to Nintendo's history than some accessory.

D

Deleted member

4. again different boss
Is the purpose of your account to spread obvious lies please leave

ridles1

Smash Rookie
So it seems either that a lot of detractors are coming to argue against Ridley or hope is gone . . . what is the truth? The suspense is killing me

Also I got to see purple charizard and it is clearly an aerodactyl costume, why the deconfirmed rants over that?

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
4. again different boss
Again, you have yet to answer me. You clearly don't value your job, or Sakurai's surprise.

If you do in fact work for Nintendo that is, which is highly unlikely, if everyone who came here claiming they worked for Nintendo, well there wouldn't be anything to expect. And besides, if you got this far, why not share the trailer? Oh right, you're faking the whole thing

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
You will just waste your time. They won't accept it even if it would be straight from SSB4. They will say it is fake even if he is on the official site. Still, it will be as hilarious to watch as this gif:
Also, ignore SuperSmashLeak. We have not enough pages left, so, it is a waste of time.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I swear to God you guys have no sense of sarcasm anymore.

Well, excuuuuuuuse me, princess for being kinda moot towards jokes at the moment. It's not like there's literally a week left before JP Smash 3DS comes out or anything, still with little to no knowledge of a playable Ridley yet.

Anyways, you guys need to slow down with the comments, especially to ones that isn't on topic/pertains to Ridley.

Top Bottom