• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
Well the pictures could be taken at different times, the melee roster has holes too. I don't want to be a debby downer but this seems to be the end
I highly doubt that. In the short time you've been in this thread you can easily tell that we're the most stubborn, tenacious Smash fans to ever grace the internet. I say this is far from the end. in fact, it's only the beginning. We're so close to release, to start doubting ourselves now is quite frankly idiotic.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
He's trolling, the All-Star picture clearly showed us not every character was unlocked. Calm yourselves. By the number of spaces yet to be filled, I'd say 6 are left.

Last edited:

Grimfrost

Smash Cadet
I highly doubt that. In the short time you've been in this thread you can easily tell that we're the most stubborn, tenacious Smash fans to ever grace the internet. I say this is far from the end. in fact, it's only the beginning. We're so close to release, to start doubting ourselves now is quite frankly idiotic.
I believed very much in him being playable until that post..

Actually, No, there is not a single hole, lol.
Left of pitchu, right of roy.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I suppose you would have to detest a character entirely to understand why some people go through the effort.
I suppose man.. I know what I'd do with my time.

Plus if there's any doubt left after the 'evidence' it's no use posting it 12 days before release.

Morbi

Scavenger
Actually, No, there is not a single hole, lol.
To be fair, she is most likely referring to the notion that Ganondorf is not in the same row as the rest of the Legend of Zelda characters; however, there is apt reason. The clones hug the border of the roster and Young Link is also a clone. It is more logical that he is located adjacent to Link.

D

Deleted member

Gotta sell the game.
I could understand that.(Heck, Megaman alone is a very hype worthy character that will get the game more sales.) But the only two newcomers left(according to him, of course.) being the duck hunt dog and dark pit just feels... very strange, to say the least.

Last edited by a moderator:

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
You'd normally expect from a guy like him to have more than 25 followers or to be more careful to not get caught by Nintendo, I highly dubt this guy has any more info

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
How does this disconfirm him exactly? A fan made parody image?
Because some people with latch onto anything

I don't know what to think of the community after this, what is wrong with with some people here? You sent a pack of wolves to someone with hardly any followers because of one stupid picture? I know it's close to the release and people are getting anxious but there's no need for people to act like this. We should know how it feels to be condemned because of something we believe in, I'm starting to feel ashamed of being part of this community now.

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Actually, there is, Ganondorf isn't with Link or Zelda.
Because every clone was located right next to it's original counterpart, that's why Ganondorf is next to Captain.

Also, I don't believe that guy not one bit, I think he is just messing with us and is not even funny.

Thor_Hammerschlag

Smash Cadet
Actually, there is, Ganondorf isn't with Link or Zelda.
Nope, the connection is still there with Young Link.

I believed very much in him being playable until that post..
Left of pitchu, right of roy.
We are talking about mistakes in the chronology of the chars, not "holes" in general lol. Oh wait .. there might be some holes in your troll profile .. hmhm .. are you sure you didnt post that picture youself? :troll:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Might as well wait it out. We are gonna know in less than two weeks. I do hope Ridley is playable. But there's always the possibility that he's not in.

Still, it should be a fun ride. Here's to hoping we can have Space Dragons fight Italian Plumbers,Robot boys and a cheese ball.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I have no reasons to distrust Vaanrose, but I would rather wait for the game to be released before claiming Ridley to be disconfirmed.

Grimfrost

Smash Cadet
Nope, the connection is still there with Young Link.
We are talking about mistakes in the chronology of the chars, not "holes" in general lol. Oh wait .. there might be some holes in your troll profile .. hmhm .. are you sure you didnt post that picture youself? :troll:
the actual "hole" was a joke, but thor pointed out there were no holes due to YL. Of course i didnt post it myself, i wanted ridley in since melee ! but vaanrose had accurate leaks so it's the most legit disconfirmation we had so far

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
the actual "hole" was a joke, but thor pointed out there were no holes due to YL. Of course i didnt post it myself, i wanted ridley in since melee ! but vaanrose had accurate leaks so it's the most legit disconfirmation we had so far
The most legit confirmation with no evidence. Ya'kay.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Well let's see what we got going for us:
1. All Star supposedly being locked
2. Unorganized CSS
3. Sheer popularity of Ridley
4. A long time of teasing Ridley as...a stage boss?
5. Overdue Metroid newcomer
6. 4Chan leaks attached to Ninka/Vaanrose
7. The weird but unseen derpy Ridley render of him dancing Really poor argument for, surfaced months ago, grammatical error in title card.
8. Sakurai bringing up "size" a lot in his PotD's
9. Trophy Quiz Theory/Ridley theme playing on King Kihunter trophy reveal
10. Masterlinkx saying that the CSS isn't the full roster
11. Sakurai is Sakurai
Against:
1. Relative size problems that pose (not canonical size)
2. Vaanrose tweet Vaanrose confirms it was a joke
3. CSS leak supposedly for ESRB rating, which would need everything unlocked for rating..I think Debunked thanks to @ Capt. Butt Stallion Capt. Butt Stallion
4. Unknown time of when pictures were taken of the All Star screen and the CSS (supported by the varying number of trophies unlocked in the imgur album)
5. Sakurai is Sakurai
I dunno that's all I guess

Last edited:

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
i hoped some guys here could give arguments why the vaanrose disconfirm is fake T_T i dont want to believe it
Think about it. All the guy did was post a fan made joke image. No matter what track record he has, you can tell the intent was for trolling just from the image alone.

D

Deleted member

i hoped some guys here could give arguments why the vaanrose disconfirm is fake T_T i dont want to believe it
Even if he was the initial leaker, there is no actual evidence to prove his disposition yet.

We can only wait and see until we see a roster where All-Star is unlocked. It doesn't seem to be the case in the ESRB leaks.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
If you guys were smart and looked at @vaanrose Signature, it's that picture but in the corner it says "probably" So stop being ***** to him as well as claiming he knows more because clearly he does not.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Hey guys, Wario is cut and Birdo is a newcomer. You better believe me because it's real. No? Well, believe what you want, but it's true, I know it.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman

Ridley disconfirmed i think...

I really hope this is just a joke or something. Maybe they don't know there's more unlockables? Do they know of a roster that shows off All Star mode as being unlocked too? I really didn't need this after my hopes went back up.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Are we really doing this, I mean seriously? He has no reason to know the official roster and if he did for whatever reason, he would be under embargo.

No in game screenshot, no video, no nothing just a hand drawn picture, and you've sent people after his blood. Nothing good can come from this.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I see no reason to worry, ladies and gentlemen. In fact, I shall say, the game is two weeks away. This "final roster" is not the final roster lol. Sure, Melee was slightly wonky, but the leaked roster was just so ****ing mixed puzzle pieced.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

This is vaanrose's actual signature, guys. Doesn't look like he's claiming to know the full roster for sure to me. Does it look like that to any of you?

Shaboba

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1760-9183-5135
Is this literally happening right now? I hope people can realize that this is a joke image and means nothing. I think everyone just needs to take a breath and calm down. Everyone's getting jittery because of how close we are to the release date and all the leaks and whatnot, but that's no reason to go nuts here.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
3. CSS leak supposedly for ESRB rating, which would need everything unlocked for rating..I think
I've read about how the ESRB works, and they don't have to see everything. In fact, you can show them whatever you want. They can modify the rating when the game is out and they can play it by themselves.

Sakurai could have purposefully kept some characters hidden in case the roster leaked (which it did) to avoid the full thing being revealed at once.

Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Hey guys, Wario is cut and Birdo is a newcomer. You better believe me because it's real. No? Well, believe what you want, but it's true, I know it.
I would actually like that since Birdo is ****ing awesome lol XD

Anyways stop speculating you guys goddddddddd just wait 12 days...

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I don't like the thought of this thread being locked, but a Mod really needs to temp lock this thread for people to just clam down before we cross the line of no return, unless people can just calm down and move away from talking about that picture.

How about what potential alt speical moves Ridley could have? For example been able to change between plasma and fire attacks. Need to watch more Ridley videos to remind myself what other alt moves he could use, unless it's just going to be stronger or weaker versions.

Update: Just to clear a few things I mean potential moves taken from Ridley's boss fights that could have variations. Can't remember if this is in a fight, but being able to fire one powerful fireball or a alt could be a barrage of less powerful smaller ones.

Last edited:
Top Bottom