• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
I don't like the thought of this thread being locked, but a Mod really needs to temp lock this thread before we cross the line of no return unless people can just calm down and move away from talking about that picture.

How about what potential alt speical moves Ridley could have? For example been able to change between plasma and fire attacks. Need to watch more Ridley videos to remind myself what other alt moves he could use, unless it's just going to be stronger or weaker versions.
I imagine him pulling a Spyro and having multiple breath types. Like fire, lightning. Lightning giving a stun effect or something and fire, a mild burn.

Speak for yourself. I'm a supporter since the Brawl days, I've had it XD
Mate, been one since Melee. I can never get tired of it, just to see what farfetched claims people make.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
To everyone getting up and arms over Vaanrose signature dis confirming more characters, note there is a "probably" on that sig, so he himself doesn't know.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I don't like the thought of this thread being locked, but a Mod really needs to temp lock this thread for people to just clam down before we cross the line of no return, unless people can just calm down and move away from talking about that picture.

How about what potential alt speical moves Ridley could have? For example been able to change between plasma and fire attacks. Need to watch more Ridley videos to remind myself what other alt moves he could use, unless it's just going to be stronger or weaker versions.
Well, which moveset are we using as a base? It's hard to think of custom moves without reference moves.

I'd say something like Mario's Fireball is very likely if Ridley's B is a plasma ball. The variations could be fast and weak, and slow and strong.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
So there's something I've noticed in the newcomers's posters on the Smash Bros. site.

Samus is the only one of the original Smash 4 cast (minus newcomers) that hasn't had a prominent appearance in any of them yet.

Sure, she was in the Megaman, Pac-Man, and Wii Fit Trainer posters, but she had to share that with a mess of other characters too, and she wasn't in a position that you'd call "front and center."

Meanwhile, Link and Pit were shown prominently in Palutena's art, Mario got in with Pikachu in the Greninja and Robin posters, Bowser finally got in the action with Shulk's art, Kirby was in Robin's and Shulk's, DK got to fight with Mac in his art, even Fox got to share front and center with Mario in the Rosalina art.

Samus is the only one left to get face time in a poster. I can't imagine why.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I imagine him pulling a Spyro and having multiple breath types. Like fire, lightning. Lightning giving a stun effect or something and fire, a mild burn.
He can vomit his pure, unfiltered rage, acumulated through his 13 years of waiting, onto nearby targets. He can also make Samus scream at command. I don't think that's a breath type but it sure as hell is hilarious.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
So there's something I've noticed in the newcomers's posters on the Smash Bros. site.

Samus is the only one of the original Smash 4 cast (minus newcomers) that hasn't had a prominent appearance in any of them yet.

Sure, she was in the Megaman, Pac-Man, and Wii Fit Trainer posters, but she had to share that with a mess of other characters too, and she wasn't in a position that you'd call "front and center."

Meanwhile, Link and Pit were shown prominently in Palutena's art, Mario got in with Pikachu in the Greninja and Robin posters, Bowser finally got in the action with Shulk's art, Kirby was in Robin's and Shulk's, DK got to fight with Mac in his art, even Fox got to share front and center with Mario in the Rosalina art.

Yaaaaay, more strawgrasping evidence supporting our favorite space dragon pirate!

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Well since we're on the subject hasn't Vaanrose or ninka (Who was the other leaker? I could be mistaken...) said anything since the reveal of Shulk?

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
He can vomit his pure, unfiltered rage, acumulated through his 13 years of waiting, onto nearby targets. He can also make Samus scream at command. I don't think that's a breath type but it sure as hell is hilarious.
I would enjoy that, if only for the image it gives me, just him vomiting out the word "RAGE" in all caps in one long stream.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I imagine him pulling a Spyro and having multiple breath types. Like fire, lightning. Lightning giving a stun effect or something and fire, a mild burn./quote]
Since one of Kirby's alt specials for neurtal B is a ice attack, elemental attacks do seem possible, I guess Ridley could even have ice breath as well if you stole from the Nintendo land ice/frost Ridley (forgot the name). Though seems unlikely.

Well, which moveset are we using as a base? It's hard to think of custom moves without reference moves.

I'd say something like Mario's Fireball is very likely if Ridley's B is a plasma ball. The variations could be fast and weak, and slow and strong.
Guess I should have explained myself a bit more, I was thinking more along the lines of potential moves taken from Ridley's boss fights that could have variation.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Yaaaaay, more strawgrasping evidence supporting our favorite space dragon pirate!
I swear, we've got enough straws now to feed a bloody space-horse.

That's a ridiculous theory. I love it. Long live Ridley!

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I swear, we've got enough straws now to feed a bloody space-horse.
A space stallion.

What can I say? This is a fun game. :p
It is.

A few days ago I noticed the color of the background of the characters on the official website forms some kind of rainbow. Guess what colors are missing? Yes, indeed!

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
A space stallion.

It is.

A few days ago I noticed the color of the background of the characters on the official website forms some kind of rainbow. Guess what colors are missing? Yes, indeed!
We have too many straws...

Can we like donate these somewhere? I feel dirty...

Last edited:

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
If I had to guess, The Source of Ninka/Vaanrose Recieved the same information our leaker did. Considering Ninka/vaanrose didn't come around until the end of July(If I'm correct....Could be wrong), that would be after the ESRB saw the video showing some features of smash 3ds(including some but not all of the remaining newcomers). Ninka/Vaanroses source probably saw the same video around the same time, as the video was probably showcased to the esrb and some NoA members.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Is white also missing? Because there is a certain white psychic type pokemon that likes to do things in Sm4sh.

If I had to guess, The Source of Ninka/Vaanrose Recieved the same information our leaker did. Considering Ninka/vaanrose didn't come around until the end of July(If I'm correct....Could be wrong), that would be after the ESRB saw the video showing some features of smash 3ds(including some but not all of the remaining newcomers). Ninka/Vaanroses source probably saw the same video around the same time, as the video was probably showcased to the esrb and some NoA members.
Yeah, 's true. Nink and Vaan know nothing about the roster that hasn't been revealed yet. Well apart from BowJr having Koopaling alts. So no worries about that picture or anything.

Hope is still alive in this thread?

It'd better be...
Are you kidding? We are Ridley supporters! We are hope incarnate!
We are also a bit nutty, but they don't need to know :p

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Is white also missing? Because there is a certain white psychic type pokemon that likes to do things in Sm4sh.
Yeah, in fact it is.

By the way, in case you were wondering, this isn't a joke. I actually put all the colors on Photoshop and sorted them to see what was missing. I'm not kidding.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
twitpic.png

He admitted it was just a joke, now can we lay this to rest and move back to you know, the main topic of the thread...Ridley?

Last edited:

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
Yeah, in fact it is.

By the way, in case you were wondering, this isn't a joke. I actually put all the colors on Photoshop and sorted them to see what was missing. I'm not kidding.
Imma just... Pick up these straws here... But regardless it is still interesting.

(I'd also be all for a Pokemon Purple. Not even kidding. Take notes Game Freak, take notes)

Last edited:

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
This is sort of off topic, but has to deal with Ridley, so I thought I'd post it here.

I was playing Kirby's Return to Dreamland and right before the boss fight this song started playing:

Does this remind anyone else of Ridley's theme or is it just me?

Also has it been confirmed that Ridley's theme in this game is from Other M?

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
This is sort of off topic, but has to deal with Ridley, so I thought I'd post it here.

I was playing Kirby's Return to Dreamland and right before the boss fight this song started playing:

Sounds like somebody hit fast forward on his theme and recorded it with a train in the background

Grimfrost

Smash Cadet
Yes!! Hope returned! I don't want to advertise or so but i found a video that covers alot of arguments and it's worth the watch. Mods if i made a mistake and can't do this please delete the video

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I find it kind of hard to believe that the only unlockables we're ever getting in the game are almost every other veteran we haven't seen yet, some obscure character that's infamous for being hated, a character from a franchise with more than enough characters, and a pair of clones/semi clones.

Then again, that's exactly what Sakurai did for Brawl. :ness2::marth::luigi2::falco::falcon::gw::ganondorf::jigglypuff:/:rob::lucario::toonlink::wolf:

But yeah, can't wait either. We could have an "I've been wrong" thread, an AndreaAC-praising art thread (it's practically the same), it's going to be so much fun!
>Implying Andrea is the only artist here.

Zeox

Smash Champion

its official, Ridley is not in Smash because Kirby ate Ridley

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
Yes!! Hope returned! I don't want to advertise or so but i found a video that covers alot of arguments and it's worth the watch. Mods if i made a mistake and can't do this please delete the video

It's better off if you just leave the link to the video, as opposed to the video itself. (At least I think)

But anyway, I love that video and often go to it to find some intelligent points when I start to doubt myself.

Last edited:

Grimfrost

Smash Cadet
It's better off if you just leave the link to the video, as opposed to the video itself. (At least I think)

But anyway, I love that video and often go to it to find some intelligent points when I start to doubt myself.
it's one of the best in my opinion, they make really good points that havn't been disproven yet.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
View attachment 23784

He admitted it was just a joke, now can we lay this to rest and move back to you know, the main topic of the thread...Ridley?
I hope Sakurai took precautions and this is all part of his trolling. He knew Western Nintendo employees would probably leak something.. Watch the Duck Hunt Dog model be that of a trophy, but he put it in the ESRB video to FOOL US ALL-

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I don't like the thought of this thread being locked, but a Mod really needs to temp lock this thread for people to just clam down before we cross the line of no return, unless people can just calm down and move away from talking about that picture.
This thread was already temp locked. Twice. Most recently on the Shulk reveal. Third time won't be temp. So we just gotta keep our cool.

Top Bottom