• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Guys ridley will never be in smash 4. I personally think he's the right size but sakurai himself told me he's too big and it's too late to add him anyway
Hmm...

I guess you'll only ever be "subpar."

You can't become great until you embrace the Ridley...

Accept your true master. The Ridley of all! He is too big to fathom. His wonders... Too big! TOO BIG I tell you.

And that...dear smash brother is why we need him...

Then we too, can be too big.

Canon be damned!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hmm...

I guess you'll only ever be "subpar."

You can't become great until you embrace the Ridley...

Accept your true master. The Ridley of all! He is too big to fathom. His wonders... Too big! TOO BIG I tell you.

And that...dear smash brother is why we need him...

Then we too, can be too big.

Canon be damned!

We just need to tell the world that the list of arguments supporting Ridley's inclusion is too big to be invalid.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We just need to tell the world that the list of arguments supporting Ridley's inclusion is too big to be invalid.
No...

Don't you see?!?

He is too big!

And that! Is why he should be in! Ah well. I suppose it would be hard to see. I mean, I was fooled for so long...

Before, I defended Ridley's size to the core claiming his size workable. I wrote essays, debated with people whom I deemed morons, and fell in love with size comparison charts that showed him to be of a smaller size. I was convinced that he was of a smaller size...

But that... my dear friend is a lie...

In my heart I knew he was too big. I could see it in all his works... His actions... Too big... His words... Too big... His beautiful face.... Too big...

He is too big. And everything he does is too big.

I mulled about this for months, trying to think about what it meant, but then! Then I realized!

Being too big... Isn't bad...

Being too big is actually great!

The greatest thing any person can accomplish!

It is Heaven, Nirvana, Enlightenment, whatever you want to call it! It is our reason for being alive!

Please.... Smash Brother... Join me is preaching Ridley's word! If Ridley can make it into smash. It would be the perfect way of spreading the word. That is why I support him.

So please.... Please join me in my quest!

Perhaps one day... We can all be too big.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
No...

Don't you see?!?

He is too big!

And that! Is why he should be in! Ah well. I suppose it would be hard to see. I mean, I was fooled for so long...

Before, I defended Ridley's size to the core claiming his size workable. I wrote essays, debated with people whom I deemed morons, and fell in love with size comparison charts that showed him to be of a smaller size. I was convinced that he was of a smaller size...

In my heart I knew he was too big. I could see it in all his works... His actions... Too big... His words... Too big... His beautiful face.... Too big...

I mulled about this for months, trying to think about what it meant, but then! Then I realized!

It is Heaven, Nirvana, Enlightenment, whatever you want to call it! It is our reason for being alive!

Please.... Smash Brother... Join me is preaching Ridley's word! If Ridley can make it into smash. It would be the perfect way of spreading the word. That is why I support him. So please.... Please join me in my quest! Perhaps one day... We can all be too big.
Even the amount of want for Ridley is too big...

The fan group is too big.

This thread is too big.

No... I was wrong, this group isn't "Ridley too big", it's not big enough...

We must continue to support Ridley and post on this thread, to make his fanbase too big...to make this thread too big...

The too bigness will be too big to be denied by Sakurai!

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Even the amount of want for Ridley is too big...

The fan group is too big.

This thread is too big.

No... I was wrong, this group isn't "Ridley too big", it's not big enough...

We must continue to support Ridley and post on this thread, to make his fanbase too big...to make this thread too big...

The too bigness will be too big to be denied by Sakurai!
I'm glad you see the light! Thank you for joining me in my plight Smash Brother!

We must rise up and attempt to be as big as we can!

We will never be as big as Ridley, but I hope that he may one day consider us "too big."

That day would be euphoria!

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei had an episode (and chapter? I really should go read it some time) about things being too big to notice. They demonstrated it by having one character be giant in the background/boarder area, who then revealed himself to have been there the whole time.

Maybe that's what's happening to Ridley. Just too big (of a deal) for his own good.

GUYS, WE NEED TO MAKE RIDLEY LESS AWESOME, OR PEOPLE WON'T UNDERSTAND JUST HOW AWESOME HE IS!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
No...

Don't you see?!?

He is too big!

Please.... Smash Brother... Join me is preaching Ridley's word! If Ridley can make it into smash. It would be the perfect way of spreading the word. That is why I support him.

So please.... Please join me in my quest!

Perhaps one day... We can all be too big.
Im pretty big downstairs :)

PS: If we are gonnna run this we need Oasis to change the thread title to mark the official beginning to embrace this RealTalk.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Dunno if it was intentional or not, but it looks like you took some cues from my design, WHICH I QUITE APPRECIATE. I agree though he could be a bit bigger, maybe level with Bowser's shoulders. If it's possible maybe make his wings smaller. REGARDLESS OF THOSE THOUGH, I think it looks great.

And I would like to see him compared next to other characters like Kirby, Mario, Samus, Charizard, Ganondorf... Not necessary though, lol.
The wings are always going to be the main issue if they're not folded while Ridley is on the ground.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ridley is too small :troll:
Foolish child.

You dare jest at the expense of the great Ridley?

It it you who is too small. Insignificant pest.

You are not worth saving.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Ridley also doesn't save those who can't read posts at the top of the page....
I can... I just chose not to for whatever reason. (but I did now, don't you fret)

it kinda reminds me of that one scene of Wreck-it Ralph. just replace "bad" with "big" for the first line, and replace "good" with small" in the second line.

I'm big, and that's good.
I will never be small and that's not bad.
nobody I'd rather be than Ridley.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
They made Olimar smaller, of course they can scale Ridley up if they can scale Olimar down!

Honestly now, if Samus wasn't so damn big, there wouldn't be any problems at all with size arguments. In all seriousness, who the hell would care whether or not they are keeping sizes "canon" or "realistic" at that point? Nobody would care if Ridley was smaller than Bowser.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
In all seriousness, who the hell would care whether or not they are keeping sizes "canon" or "realistic" at that point? Nobody would care if Ridley was smaller than Bowser.
Exactly, it's just a spin-off including many different Nintendo characters. Sakurai has already shown to not let canon things get in the way of fun, I have no idea why Ridley would ever be the exception.

Sorry for double post, but this is the daily picture:

Looks familiar, eh?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't know if I should be happy or nervous.

That hole is where Ridley escaped is it not?

It looks kinda big....

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

Looks familiar, eh?
Masahiro Sakurai said:
Pic of the day. Out of the blue, here's a new stage--the Pyrosphere from Metroid: Other M! An enemy from Samus's past may appear at any second…
hes killing me guys

were so close now

but what does he mean by any second

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Holy **** that message! OOOOOOHHHH!

Won't be long before we get the announcement of Ridley's role! Please be on friday, please be a character!

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Holy **** that message! OOOOOOHHHH!

Won't be long before we get the announcement of Ridley's role! Please be on friday, please be a character!
Why friday?

And how can you be so sure he's a character?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm admittedly scared right now.

What if he's just a hazard? It's unlikely, but still possible...

No... don't think about it...yes...just don't think about it...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Why friday?

And how can you be so sure he's a character?
Friday is usually the day of big announcements, and since he said soon that was just me first reaction. Also, I did say "please be a character" which means I'm praying that's what he refers to.

Seriously, I'm just getting overexcited like all living hell, best not take me too seriously for the rest of the day.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Friday is usually the day of big announcements, and since he said soon that was just me first reaction. Also, I did say "please be a character" which means I'm praying that's what he refers to.

Seriously, I'm just getting overexcited like all living hell, best not take me too seriously for the rest of the day.
I'm glad you're excited by this.

I can't help but worry...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
No problem for me, it's past 1:00 AM where I am, won't be up too much longer.

I'm both hyped and scared.

I have a great reaction if he is revealed as playable, and a great one if he turns out to be a hazard.

(I only want to use the reaction for if he's playable though, I don't WANT to use the other reaction)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Sakurai would be an evil man teasing Ridley like this, only to reveal that he's a stage hazard. Sakurai seriously isn't like that as far as we know, he knows the west is dying for Ridley, he'd be a big douche if he teases us like this just to kick us in the balls later. Also, if he was a stage hazard he might aswell have been revealed in this picture. Just my thoughts, but of course I'm biased.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't think Sakurai would be like that either, but you never know.

And I bet this thread will be flooding with posts until we find out about Ridley or until a good amount of time passes.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm still raring to fight all of you over who gets to make the first WHO'S TOO BIG NOW/Ridley Confirmed thread.
I'll be too busy screaming, celebrating and crying all at once, so I'll let you guys get to that :p

I'm already getting shaky just from this, I just need that Ridley confirmation or debunk so that I don't feel like a total space dragon nerd. But who am I kidding, I'll always be a space dragon nerd.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945

Looks familiar, eh?
Masahiro Sakurai said: said:
Pic of the day. Out of the blue, here's a new stage--the Pyrosphere from Metroid: Other M! An enemy from Samus's past may appear at any second…
Oh ****! DON'T DO THIS TO ME SAKURAI!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Tonight's update was really exciting for Ridley fans

Could be be a character, a stage hazard/

Do you think we'll find out this very week? He did take down the challenger approaching thing

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Tonight's update was really exciting for Ridley fans

Could be be a character, a stage hazard/

Do you think we'll find out this very week? He did take down the challenger approaching thing
I still see the Challenger Approaching banner. Still, he said any second, so we'll hopefully see at least something of him this week.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I guess we can only wait.

I'd imagine that if he were a stage hazard then we'd see him soon enough.

I mean, it only makes sense after he teased it like that.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
"Sakurai isn't like that"

Deja vu to the max. lol

Not sure what to think right now. Somethin tells me this won't help with my occasional insomnia though till Friday or whenever we learn what Ridley's role will be.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why do people keep saying Friday?

Top Bottom