• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Omega Ridley in MP3 is the closest to being a realistic size for him as a character in Smash Bros, with the exception of the retconned original Metroid. It's probably his smallest appearance, which is funny considering his biggest appearance is earlier in the very same game.

Megazero64

Smash Apprentice
Hearing all this talk about metroid prime really makes me want to play it. but considering my lack of a gamecube and me being 14 really hinders my chances of being able to get one.
*sigh* it really stinks being young :(

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Theres a Smash Bros fangame called Project Crusade, it features Ridley as a playable character, and his stance looks good, and his moveset is very interesting.

Hearing all this talk about metroid prime really makes me want to play it. but considering my lack of a gamecube and me being 14 really hinders my chances of being able to get one.
You can still play it in the Wii, if you get Metroid Prime Trilogy, its the best game compilation since Super Mario All Stars, you should try it.

Groose

Smash Champion

If your Wii is an older one with Gamecube ports, there really isn't a huge problem. Just get a Gamecube controller and browse through your local Gamestop's used games and you should be good.

Megazero64

Smash Apprentice
If your Wii is an older one with Gamecube ports, there really isn't a huge problem. Just get a Gamecube controller and browse through your local Gamestop's used games and you should be good.
yea but my parents are one of THOSE parents, i mean my dad took my copy of borderlands 2 [which btw was my favorite game] away even though he let me play saints row the third and the reason he took it is this: SEXUAL CONTENT! pretty ironic if you ask me. but still i don't think i can get the game OR the controller because of them.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I was talking to a friend today, his brother was moving onto campus, and was trying to figure out how big a mini fridge he could fit into his room. When my friend asked me about sizes, the first one was way to big, and I responded that it was too Ridley before I could catch myself. I have a problem.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If you had only said it's "Ridley" instead of "too Ridley," then you could have saved yourself by saying "I mean 'really! It's really big!"

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Its expensive, but a new wave of Prime Trilogy copies will be at gamestop, so the game may be cheaper this time.....
I know its worth it though.

I have finished prime 1 - 3 times.

Prime 2 - 2 or 3 times.

And Prime 3 only once...although its the weakest one imo i still wanna play through it again...

Paper Mario TYD
Zero Mission

Are games i really wanna play but you can only get em from Ebay or Amazon now and there full price...Ugh...too expensive...TYD is like £40+ !!!!! Zero Mission is £30 !!!

PS im in UK. ...

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
this awesome thing that doesn't have ridley in it is being shown in the ridley thread.

...that is all.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Am I the only one would like to see a 3DS remake of Super Metroid?

Heavily updated graphics (perhaps like in the New Super Mario Bros. style, looks like models, but they're sprites. ... I think) and remastered music, plus a bit new content. Also there could be some difficulty settings, to make some enemies and bosses stronger and faster.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

Heavily updated graphics (perhaps like in the New Super Mario Bros. style, looks like models, but they're sprites. ... I think) and remastered music, plus a bit new content. Also there could be some difficulty settings, to make some enemies and bosses stronger and faster.
i wanna see Super Metroid 3D HD like Prime.

Also WAH DA FuQ is DIz? It was teased at the end of a PKMN trailer event thing in JPN...graphics are too juicy to be 3DS its defo WiiU.

PLEASE BE PKMN STADIUM 3 !!!!

Screenshot_2013-08-17-21-29-06.png

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

I want the graphics to look like M&L Dream Team.

Also WAH DA FuQ is DIz? It was teased at the end of a PKMN trailer event thing in JPN...graphics are too juicy to be 3DS its defo WiiU.

PLEASE BE PKMN STADIUM 3 !!!!

View attachment 2194
um... This is the RIDLEY thread, you know.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
this awesome thing that doesn't have ridley in it is being shown in the ridley thread.

...that is all.
Saw that earlier. Looking forward to more of where that came from.

Compared to Metroid II, Super doesn't really need to be remade, in any of those departments. Wouldn't mind it happening after II though as far as some of those things.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

It would be nice, but as Ridley_Prime said above me, Metroid 2 needs that treatment much more. Super Metroid has stood the test of time for sure, having a remake of it would simply be nice, but not anything that was necessary. Plus, I doubt they'd be able to make Mother Brain look as horrifying, the SNES' graphics were perfect for that. Metroid 2 as it stands right now is leagues under the rest of the sidescroller games, so it needs a remake the most. But yeah, I'd still love a Super Metroid remake.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
It would be nice, but as Ridley_Prime said above me, Metroid 2 needs that treatment much more. Super Metroid has stood the test of time for sure, having a remake of it would simply be nice, but not anything that was necessary. Plus, I doubt they'd be able to make Mother Brain look as horrifying, the SNES' graphics were perfect for that. Metroid 2 as it stands right now is leagues under the rest of the sidescroller games, so it needs a remake the most. But yeah, I'd still love a Super Metroid remake.
I agree.

D

Deleted member

After spending quite a bit of time on Boss Battles using Bowser (the largest character of the game) specifically to get ideas regarding Ridley's size comparisons, I noticed something really interesting.

If Ridley does go Other M style and walks on all fours, Brawls size is PERFECT; no scale adjustments have to be made!
I've taken a few snapshots of Ridley on all fours (from when he gets ready to propel himself into the air and when he slams to the ground), and once I learn how to get them on a computer in a viewable state (something I should have learned quite a while ago; I am aware that there is a method already), I will post them.

So, for the Ridley detractors that say Ridley's Brawl size is "Smash canon" and thus shrinking him would be "wrong", you lose; the Brawl size is actually perfect given certain likely circumstances.

EDIT: The only downside is that it would only work with Other M Ridley without being seen as a "they had to change his overall style just to make him work", since Other M Ridley was pretty much MADE for that style.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Well the Ridley's canon size being the Brawl one argument is already meaningless when you consider that Ridley will probably not use that design in SSB4.

Anyway when we will be able to see your pictures we must remember than Bowser is now bigger himself than what he was in Brawl =)

I also like that picture.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Well the Ridley's canon size being the Brawl one argument is already meaningless when you consider that Ridley will probably not use that design in SSB4.

Anyway when we will be able to see your pictures we must remember than Bowser is now bigger himself than what he was in Brawl =)

Can we just add this to the OP already? It's too perfect to be missing from it.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, that's a great picture. Though I imagine that they'd pose his wings differently or scale them a tad down. Still, it proves that he can be scaled down without looking awkward.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

How can pro-Ridley players continue to live in sin, supporting such an abomination as a playable Ridley? Soon, these players will be judged by our lord Sakurai and their favorite characters be made low-tier. Book of Sakurai 3;1 "But he might have been a little slow. Would that be all right?" No, it would not. Slow characters are not characters at all!

Xhampi

Smash Lord
How can pro-Ridley players continue to live in sin, supporting such an abomination as a playable Ridley? Soon, these players will be judged by our lord Sakurai and their favorite characters be made low-tier. Book of Sakurai 3;1 "But he might have been a little slow. Would that be all right?" No, it would not. Slow characters are not characters at all!
Just you wait, Playable Ridley is only the first step to accomplish our true goal : Playable Kraid.

Is it okay if I want Ridley to be low-tier since I always main or second main low-tier characters ?

Also it doesn't matter how fast Ridley is since he is big enough to reach you no matter of where you are on the stage anyway.

Oh and before I forget, Ridley is so big than this thread have now twice the number of post that the King K.Rool thread have and is 1500 post bigger than the brawl veterans who are not comfirmed yet combined are.
See it's too late, you Toobiggot maybe was smart enough to figured us out but no one can stop Lord Ridley anymore now, NO ONE HAHAHAHA !!!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think Ridley could be a bit taller in that picture.... His idle pose being shorter than Bowser's seems odd to me.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Dunno if it was intentional or not, but it looks like you took some cues from my design, WHICH I QUITE APPRECIATE. I agree though he could be a bit bigger, maybe level with Bowser's shoulders. If it's possible maybe make his wings smaller. REGARDLESS OF THOSE THOUGH, I think it looks great.

And I would like to see him compared next to other characters like Kirby, Mario, Samus, Charizard, Ganondorf... Not necessary though, lol.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

That picture is perfect. Like seriously. I see no problem with that whatsoever.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I do think that a lot of these size comparisons would look better if he actually folded up his wings when on the ground. I do think Xhampi's size comparison looks pretty perfect, though.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ridley is hunching though, so this does make him appear shorter than he really is.

Edit: Extra size comparison image...

Given that he's hunching, I'd be happy with this size, or maybe if he'd be a tad bit taller or if he wasn't hunching, but then again, he wouldn't be in that position the entire time, so I think this size is just about right.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Ridley is too big
it's funny how one says that
without knowing how

game development
even works, or Sakurai's
crazy troll logic