• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
That actually isn't possible because of his size. There actually is a piece of canon that makes it impossible for him, something not even the ignore-canon rule can stop.

There is actually a dude behind that mask there.
Well to be specific he's around the torso area. But your point still stands.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
This thread is for discussing Ridley, not Metal Face. Get back on topic.

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
Wait, is there a thing going on? Are people actually expecting more news on the same day Shulk was announced?

I wouldn't hold my breath guys. At this point, if Ridley is playable, he definitely won't be revealed before the game comes out. I don't think there are going to be any new character reveals before the game comes out. We can do two weeks. We've done more.
Nah, I think we'll get one more reveal just before release to really hype the games up, showing Shulk in a Japan-Only direct wouldn't be enough to keep the hypetrain's engines going...

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
So... what are you guys up to now? Waiting for something?

Also, my condolences to @Sigran101 ...
Apparently a PAX Closed Door Panel is happening right now and people are looking for live-tweets out of the GameXplain Crew.

I think people are drawing comparisons because this is how Pac-Man and Wii Fit Trainer were revealed and Other M's anniversary is coming up, but those happened at E3's. Don't expect anything special, I sure don't.

And that concludes the wrap up of the last 5 pages of this thread. Enjoy.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Shulk was revealed in a Japan-only Direct because he's perhaps the most wanted character in Japan.

Ridley will be revealed in a US / Western event because he's the most wanted in the West.

There's no way that they'd leave the final piece of hype for Smash 3DS as a trailer from a Japan-only Direct 2 weeks before release.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Jesus Christ on a stick over 140 dudes and dudettes viewing this thread.

Also, yes end this wait please. That way I don't have to worry about having to spoil myself with post-release content.

Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
The only character that's saving the roster for me is DHD as he Ridley and K. Rool are the only realistic choices I actually really really want...

The rosterpicture leak is mehh to me -_- it's so incomplete without Rids..

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
Won't Nintendo of America be the ones to tweet info just like E3 behind the doors Pacman reveal? Waiting for Ridley news sure is hectic.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Jesus Christ on a stick over 140 dudes and dudettes viewing this thread.

Also, yes end this wait please. That way I don't have to worry about having to spoil myself with post-release content.
What are you on about? *peeks at users viewing* GOD DAMN! Uh. Welcome to the Ridley thread! detractors go to the left to collect your water and crow, supporters go to the right to join the chat, neutrals, do whatever you please! Refreshments are going to be ordered in a few hours

Morbi

Scavenger
Im gonna try not to get super drunk if ridley gets revealed..
If Ridley gets revealed; I promise to get really, really drunk and record it on video. I have never consumed alcohol (outside of medicine, I suppose), so it should be fairly hilarious. I swear, I will down three or four bottles.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, I've been gone all day, so can someone update me on anything Ridley related that has happened recently? And ideas on how the reveal of Shulk affects Ridley's chances?

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Apparently 4 hours.
It lasts for

ridley or not i am going to bed, sod this

Im gonna try not to get super drunk if ridley gets revealed..
Don't try too hard!

Won't Nintendo of America be the ones to tweet info just like E3 behind the doors Pacman reveal? Waiting for Ridley news sure is hectic.
Welcome to Sakurai's wild ride. They have replaced the seatbelts with cuffs. It won't end until the fat lady sings, and sadly the fat lady isn't confirmed yet.

If Ridley does get a trailer, I wonder if Samus is going to narrate it?
"THE BABY"

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, I've been gone all day, so can someone update me on anything Ridley related that has happened recently? And ideas on how the reveal of Shulk affects Ridley's chances?
It doesn't change anything at all. I did hear something about Metal Face being announced to be a boss over twitter, but I haven't seen any confirmation of it.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
@Sigran101 I'm so sorry to hear what happened. I was in tears while I was reading your story, since I know that feeling of losing someone close to you. I will pray every day for you and your brother and hope that the dream will finally come true.

I this suddenly came to my head....
T2A571_0DC570D45A05A_000.gif

Roidley: "Uh...Big Bro? are you OK.?"

Ridley: "Yes, why?"

Roidley: "Because you are...hugging me. Why?"

Ridley: "For...no reason at all...sniff..."

Roidley: "But...you never-"

Ridley: "Shhhh...say no more."

Roidley: "...um...Big Bro?"

Ridley: "What is it?"

Roidley: "I love you, Big Bro."

Ridley: "...I...I love you too....silly...."

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Nothing, really. Except that Metal Face was teased near the end of Shulk's trailer by a shadow, and that he was rumored to be confirmed as a boss via twitter (or so I've heard).

Shulk doesn't really have anything to do with Ridley at the moment.

Top Bottom