• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

The Pizza Guy

Smash Apprentice
There's no way I'm staying here for four full hours of the Ridley anticipation as it reaches it peak, but I have nothing better to do! OH THE HUMANITY!

EDIT: Whaaaaaaaat how can it be over already?

Last edited:

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
I would not bet all my chips, in ridley reveal tonight. But I would love it if Ridley is confirmed via Gameexplain tweet, since a lot of their viewers are detractors. just think about the rage the rage.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I though they just said via Twitch that they'll resume tomorrow.

Unless I'm being an idiot and misunderstood something.
Why would they
No, it's supposed to be from 2 to 6PM. Are you watching the tournament or something? It might be the tournament. I doubt they are allowed to stream roundtable footage anyway.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Guys, they're gonna close the thread.

If you want to talk about this, at least cover it up a little.

For example... I think it will take at least 3 more hours to see Ridley!

Last edited:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
I'm genuinely sorry if this has already been discussed, but what's up with this?

Apparently All-Star was shown in a Japanese commercial, but there's no Ridley in sight for the 1985-1986 section. Then again, Pit isn't on there either, so I have no idea how this is supposed to be organized.
And of course Pit, Palutena, and ROB are notoriously absent.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo

3 very BIG hours.

I think I'll just check the youtubes to see if a trailers put up tonight

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

If you mean PAX, then it isn't that off-topic. If Shulk talk, then really, shut up (those who talk about Shulk) and go to Shulk thread/section. No, it is not related to Ridley in any way.
That happens each time someone is revealed...duh...

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
goddamn it, people... ridley!

ridley, ridley, ridley!!!

we're supposed to be waiting for a ridley mention... not talking about some blonde pretty boy.

now what are people talking about that is supposed to last from 2pm to 6pm? the roundtable thing or whatever? or that stupid melee tournament?

i am so damn confused... i have no idea if people are talking about the ONE important thing that might involve a ridley reveal... or stupid things that are just wastes of time.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
This and Nintendo learned their mistake before when they leaked Ness, Jiggs, and Lucario.
Not well enough to keep Ganondorf under lock and key but yannooooooooo.

As for Ridley, I like to think that if he in fact is in the game, they took extra precautions to keep him hidden. No one below a certain level of authority was allowed to play test demos with Ridley. You had to sign a special NDA agreeing to sacrifice your first born child to the Demon Scale if you leaked Ridley and his fellow Classified Newcomers. If you leaked Ridley, your bloodline's lives were ruined for the next 3 generations.

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
goddamn it, people... ridley!

ridley, ridley, ridley!!!

we're supposed to be waiting for a ridley mention... not talking about some blonde pretty boy.

now what are people talking about that is supposed to last from 2pm to 6pm? the roundtable thing or whatever? or that stupid melee tournament?

i am so damn confused... i have no idea if people are talking about the ONE important thing that might involve a ridley reveal... or stupid things that are just wastes of time.
It's the roundtable that's lasting from 2 to 6. I believe the tournament is over now.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Still holding out hope for more characters, but the All-Star pic makes it hard to think Ridley could be in.

All the "missing" characters from that pic can be justified to be missing.

Duck Hunt is from 1984. ROB released before Super Mario Bros in 1985. Kid Icarus released after Metroid in 1986.

The possibilities are these:

1. Characters in All-Star mode are shown grouped by game. Since Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda and Metroid released in 1985 and 1986, that's the time period it shows. Ridley not being shown means he's not playable.
    1. When you defeat the characters from a game, the next game shows. So when you defeat Peach and Bowser, the characters shift, and Pit and Palutena will show at the bottom.
    2. When you defeat all shown, the next set of characters shows. That would mean Pit, Palutena, Marth. Dr. Mario, Yoshi and/or Captain Falcon (Yoshi and Capt Falcon debuted on the same day) are next.
  2. Only five characters are ever shown in All-Star mode.
    1. Characters rotate singly. After Peach is defeated, the portraits shift and then either Ridley (if he's in) or Pit appears at the bottom right.
    2. Characters rotate in sets of five. This is not possible since there are not ten characters to precede Peach.
Possibility 1.1 seems most likely. 1.2 seems problematic since there are only seven to show before Peach, meaning either a set of four and then three, or one set of seven, neither of which seems ideal. 2.1 is possible, but seems less likely than 1.1. 2.2 doesn't work.

Ridley's only chance is if it works as in 2.1

If it's 1.1 or 2.1, then the roster leak would imply this ordering: (Characters on the same line debuted simultaneously and so have flexible ordering):

Apr 1980 Mr. Game & Watch
May 1980 Pac-Man
Jul 1981 Mario, Donkey Kong
Jul 1983 Luigi
Feb 1984 Little Mac*
Apr 1984 Duck Hunt
Jul 1985 R.O.B.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||| Screen shot shows:
||| Sep 1985 Peach
||| Sep 1985 Bowser
||| Feb 1986 Link
||| Feb 1986 Zelda
||| Aug 1986 Samus
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Dec 1986 Pit, Palutena
Dec 1987 Mega Man
Jul 1989 Ness*
Apr 1990 Marth
Jul 1990 Dr. Mario
Nov 1990 Yoshi**, Captain Falcon (separate launch titles)
Jul 1991 Sonic
Apr 1992 Kirby, King Dedede
Oct 1992 Wario*
Feb 1993 Fox, Falco
Mar 1993 Meta Knight
Jan 1994 Wario*
Nov 1994 Diddy Kong
Feb 1996 Charizard, Pikachu, Jigglypuff
Nov 1998 Sheik, Ganondorf
Apr 2001 Villager
Oct 2001 Olimar
Jul 2002 Bowser Jr
Dec 2002 Toon Link
Feb 2004 Zero-Suit Samus***
Apr 2005 Ike
Dec 2006 Mii Fighters
Nov 2007 Rosalina
Dec 2007 Wii Fit Trainer
Jun 2010 Shulk
Mar 2012 Dark Pit
Apr 2012 Robin, Lucina
Oct 2013 Greninja

*Brawl used series debut, while the screen shot implies this is based on character debut. Little Mac debuted in Oct 1987, Wario in Oct 1992, and Ness in Aug 1994 . But Punch-Out debuted in 1983, Wario Land in 1994 and Mother in 1989. The order of the leaked roster would imply he's using the earlier dates for Little Mac and Ness, since Little Mac appears before Duck Hunt and Ness appears before Captain Falcon. Wario's placement is thus unclear since his CSS placement is based on him being a Mario spin-off rather than his debut date.

**Unlike Wario, in Brawl, Yoshi's placement in All-Star mode was based on character debut rather than series debut. Deciding which game counts as Yoshi's "series debut" would be complicated since his first starring role was in a Mario-branded game.

***Zero-Suit Samus could be argued to debut in Aug 1986, since the Justin Bailey code allows you to play as Samus without the Power Suit. However, Justin Bailey Samus has a different design and the same abilities as Power Suit Samus, lacking the signature features of ZSS. Sakurai could justify either placement however. ZSS being placed in 1986 only works with the 2.1 variation.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Don't take it the wrong way guys, but expecting a reveal at Pax i think doesn't make much sense, haven't we learned anything from ComicCon or Gamescom? Especially after we just got Shulk's reveal.

Top Bottom